OtakuBoards

Best Anime Girl Tournament R1 M11: Winry (FMA) vs. Chi (Chobits)

Bloodseeker

Angsty blond vs. mechanical pre-teen! Match 11 is here!

My only rule is to not spam up these threads. Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

Winry might have lost some popularity on episode 26, but I think that she's still popular enough to pull this one over Chi.

Winry Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)
[img]http://img265.echo.cx/img265/1935/save030714ij.jpg[/img]

vs.

Chi (Chobits)
[img]http://img265.echo.cx/img265/6020/allabout4zv.jpg[/img]

I'm going to give this one to Winry. I haven't seen Chobits, though I've heard her compared a lot to Nyu (Elfen Lied) and Lila(Najica). I liked both of those characters, but its still not enough to say whether I'd like Chi or not. Also, I happen to like Winry. This is the second time when I can't really explain why though... Looks go to Winry as well. Chi looks like a 12 year old in most of the screenshots that I've seen.

Im gonna have to vote for Chii mainly because i've never really watched FMA. i've seen a couple episodes but it never really appealed to me, and also because Chobits is one of my favorites series'. Probably what i liked most about Chii is how much she develops over the course of the series. She starts out essentially the same as an infant without much common sense nor the ability to communicate and she mimicks everything Hideki does. But gradually she learns various things in each episode and by the end of the series she has a very unique character with lots of hilarious and loveable quirks.

good choices. in my opinion, the only way that Chii could win is if [spoiler]Freya[/spoiler] took over, and the only way that would happen is if Winry tried something downstairs, and i dont think thatll be happening anytime soon. otherwise, shes just the average, no-nothing, lost data persicom...that can move without an OS. on the other side of the battlefield, Winry has an ego and a mean wrench....enuff said

disapointingly, winry gets my vote

:catgirl: KAWAII!! :catgirl: Does anyone really need to ask who I vote for? I've seen a lot of Full Metal Alchemist, but Winry doesn't have that innocent appeal that Chi has...They're both blonde, but I'm not running a hair length contest :animesmil Chobits was the first anime that I ever bought on DVD, and the first anime that I actually got into...and now a word from the contestant

Chii: Chii?

Well said :animesmil I vote for Chii

Let's see. Which would I prefer: a cute, capable, sisterly girl who geeks out over greasy work & metal bolts, or a bland android whose entire purpose in the series is to sit around being obliviously cute?

Certain aspects of Chobits (mainly involving Chi) really rub me the wrong way, and I worship Winry. She's a character who could have turned out to be the typical shounen love interest, but she actually comes across as being more of an adopted family member than anything else, and I like that. Her personality is pretty refreshing as well.

Nyu >>> Chi, by the way.

~Dagger~

Guest Anne Hijme
[quote name='Jahjahwarrior17']Gaou...Chii's losing... :animecry: :animecry: :animecry: What do you guys hate so much about Chii?[/quote]
It's not that we hate chi. ITs just :animesigh Winry is better and stronger and capable....Chi is cute and well... ... ...Chi

What's up with all of you people that have never watched Fullmetal Alchemist!? Do yourself a favor and tune in at 1:00 am on Cartoon Network if you ever get the chance! Or record it! FMA is too awesome to pass up! (while you're at it, watch/record Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex at 1:30 am)

In other words, aside from Teen Titans, Megas XLR, and the occassional good episode of Dexter's Lab and Jonny Bravo, its not worth watching. That sucks. Maybe you could write a letter explaining that if anime was popular in one part of the western world maybe it would be popular in another... its not much, but its really the only thing that a normal person with a normal sized bank account and no real connections can do.

[QUOTE=Dagger]... or a bland android whose entire purpose in the series is to sit around being obliviously cute?..

Nyu >>> Chi, by the way.
[/QUOTE]

Obviously spoken like a person who has not watched the series, True i did base my vote mainly on the fact that i have not watched much FMA, nor do i know who Winry is. But i also do not go and bash the series because of it. Chobits is a very different kind of series and has more of an aquired taste and it is also very much a romance series. Chobits places a very heavy emphasis on character development to the point where the developement of all the central characters is the center of the story itself, rather than some major outlying conflict. Chii's purpose in the series in not to 'sit around and be cute' (while her cuteness may be part of the draw of the series) her purpose in the series is her own personal growth as well as the growth of the relationship between herself and Hideki.

I also have no idea why you threw in the "Nyu >>> Chi" comment. Nyu is completely unrelated to this topic and furthermore they are completely different characters with completely different backgrounds and characteristics. While i would agree that Elfen Lied is a stellar series and Nyu/Lucy is an excellent character. it is nevertheless completely unrelated and apparently just a shallow stab at Chii.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']What's up with all of you people that have never watched Fullmetal Alchemist!? Do yourself a favor and tune in at 1:00 am on Cartoon Network if you ever get the chance! Or record it! FMA is too awesome to pass up![/quote]
My brother watches FMA all the time on cartoon network and i try to sit down and catch it every now and then but it really just isn't my cup of tea.

Well said Quincy Archer...Chii doesn't just sit around and be cute, she goes shopping, she goes to work, that's right she works and gets a hefty pay...she also helps clean the room...and that little misshap at the strip joint :animeswea And if you watch it, you see that through the series, she learns how to do multiple things and becomes more and more like a real person...it may not look like it at first, but Chii actually works her butt off to make Hideki happy, and she definitely does not just sit around and look cute...although that is one of her best qualities :animeblus

[quote name='QuincyArcher']Obviously spoken like a person who has not watched the series...[/quote]
Um, wrong. I've seen a good chunk of the anime, and I've read the entire manga multiple times. Obviously I wouldn't have made that comment if I didn't know anything about Chobits, haha. I'm a little offended that you assumed otherwise; no anime or manga is so perfect that everyone who sees/reads it is automatically going to like it, much less its characters. And I'm not the type of person to blindly criticize a series I haven't watched, thanks.

[quote]I also have no idea why you threw in the "Nyu >>> Chi" comment.[/quote]
Because Bloodseeker compared the two characters.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Jahjahwarrior17']:animeangr She's a computer, not an android, and there is a difference...for someone who read all the manga and saw a big chunk of the anime, you're not very Chobits wise -_-[/quote]
Oh, please. Enlighten me: what's the huge, world-shattering distinction between a human-shaped Persocom and an android (read: an anthropomorphic robot)? In describing Chobits to someone unfamiliar with the series, I'd feel much more comfortable referring to Chi as an android or a robot or whatever, because in this context the word "computer" is confusing and only really makes sense once you actually see how they apply it in the world of the manga/show (with Kotoko being a "laptop," and so forth). If that's the only quibble you can come up with, I can only conclude that I must indeed know a thing or two about Chobits.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']And mechanical orgasm girl wins! On the afterthought, I wonder if she gets turned on by Chi? She's an android, right?[/quote]
I like the way you think. :catgirl:

~Dagger~

This was a hard desicion because I saw both of them. I giving to Chi though, I mean the anime okay, but not with FMA because it has that [COLOR=Blue]special popuality[/COLOR], like Inuyasha and DragonBall, but I like Chi a bit better because I read the manga story of it and it was pretty good. Just need to see the anime it self now.

CHI! shes so cute >< well, Im not being too fair because I haven't ever seen full metal alchemist, but still i vote for CHIIII! X3