OtakuBoards

Best Anime Girl Tournament R1 M12: Washu (Tenchi) vs. Haruka (Rah Xephon)

Bloodseeker

Match 12! Ancient pink haired genius vs. *silence* ...what's Haruka all about again?

My only rule is to not spam up these threads. Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

Washu will win. She's probably the second most popular Tenchi character next to Ryoko, and most people haven't seen Rah Xephon.

Washu (Tenchi Muyo)
[img]http://img262.echo.cx/img262/2545/washu1us.jpg[/img]

vs.

Haruka Shitow (Rah Xephon)
[img]http://img262.echo.cx/img262/8932/rxp051024x7687db.jpg[/img]

Again, I'm going to give my vote to Washu because I haven't seen RX and I happen to really like Washu. She's the only Tenchi character that cracks me up on the regular basis! (As well as the only one that I'd be afraid to live in the same house as... experiments on my balls? No thanks.) I've read the first volume of the RX manga, but from what I've gathered, it looks a lot different from the anime. Haruka doesn't have the look of a clumsy almost-incompetant secret agent from the screenshots that I saw. I'd say that Haruka looks better easily if we were going off the manga, but since this is the best [i]anime[/i] girl tournament, I'm going to have to say that Haruka looks rather plain and that Washu looks better.

I voted for Haruka. Washu is hardly my favorite Tenchi girl--and like most of Tenchi's supporting cast, she's more of a caricature than a character.

It's hard to describe how much Haruka rocks without going into some serious spoilers. Still, I'll try. To give those of you who haven't seen the show a decent impression of her personality, she's vaguely analogous to Evangelion's Misato--at least in that she is at once a mature and controlled professional and also strangely, almost heartbreakingly vulnerable. Of course the two characters are ultimately quite different, but I think they would tend to appeal to the same people.

Also, she's [i]really[/i] attractive... and she's an adult woman in both mind and body, whereas Washu has that weird fake-loli thing going on. Bah.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Blue]oh Washu would win for shure! for one, i haven't even heard of the other show, two, Washu could just make another demention at put the other girl in it forever! or she could just make a big mech and shoot 'er down. Washu would win without a doubt.[/COLOR]

Again, this isn't a question of who would win in a fight, its a popularity contest! But you obviously like Washu, so I guess that this really wouldn't change anything.

Anime Haruka definitely sounds as different from manga Haruka as the screenshots would suggest.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']Anime Haruka definitely sounds as different from manga Haruka as the screenshots would suggest.[/quote]
Yeah, the RahXephon manga is utterly and totally unlike the anime. Honestly, I found it to be a tremendous disappointment. Not that I have anything against ecchi comedy, but if you're looking for that sort of thing, there are plenty of other places to find it. A story as engaging and well-told as that of the RahXephon anime is much rarer (and therefore not nearly as forgettable). Anyway... there's always the novels, I guess. Maybe those stay truer to the original plot & characters.

~Dagger~

I have only seen a couple of episodes of Rah Xephon and have seen all of Tenchi Muyo so I have to go for this on experience. I found Washu to be a funny MINOR character and should have been more important. I cannot remember Haruka off the top of my head so Washu it is.

Easily Haruka Shitow. I can't stand any of the characters from Tenchi Muyo and Haruka can pretty much go up against anyone in terms of personality. She's also pretty good looking for someone in her 30's and is very capable of solving any problem. She doesn't know the meaning of quitting and is very committed to the person she loves [spoiler] she waited 12 years just to see Ayato again for the first time [/spoiler]. Hopefully others will vote for her not by how they both look on the outside but how they are as a character on the inside.

[COLOR=#503F86]My vote definitely lies with that of Miss Shitow. RahXephon is one of my favourite animes ever and she remains an incredibly strong character all the way through. I'll admit that in the beginning I found her motives and behaviour a little confusing, although that was probably more the fault of the 'little-by-little' plot revealing than her own character.

Washu doesn't really do anything fo me. She's my second favourite Tenchi character (Sasami being my first), but even then in terms of depth there isn't a great deal there. Not to the extent of Kiyone, but I can't help feeling I've grown out of Tenchi somewhat now. Tenchi In Love was good, though.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Haruka has far more depth and a greater resolve than Washu, soI'm voting for her.[/COLOR]

I've never seen Rah Xephon...I don't really have any witty comment for this one, sorry :( I just say that I know Tenchi Universe only from the dub that they played on Cartoon Network...but Washu was my favorite character out of them all...don't exactly know why though...I vote for Washu

They can't very well be the favorite if they're not well known. If someone happens to really like one character and not know the other, its cool if they push the character that they like along. The reverse is also true for characters that they don't like...