Guest Vismund Cygnus
Canada ;)

because of,

Godspeed You! Black Emporer
A Silver Mount Zion
Set Fire To Flames
Rush

:animeswea

[size=1][color=darkred]England, the MAJORITY of all classic rock bands were from England. The beatles are from england, Led zeppelin is from england, the list goes on and on, though I would show more If I weren't soo lazy, It would be easier to prove my point, but I am too lazy. The beatles have hits like Yellow submarine, Twist and shout, and OblaDee OblaDa. John Lennon, Ringo Star, Paul Mcartney, and George Harrison, these guys rocked. Led zeppelin Had hits like Khashmir, The Immigrant song, Stairway to Heaven, and Whole Lotta love. The members of Led Zeppelin are well known and consist of some of the most talented muscisians of all time, in many peoples opinion. The members of Led zeppelin are, John Bohnahm, Jimmy page, Robert Planut, and John Paul Jones. Though Bohnam and John paul Jones are underrated they are still considered some of the best muscisians of all time.

When Bohnahm died, the band said It would never be the same, and broke up, though Jimmy page and Robert plant, the song writers for led zeppelin still tour with eachother today as Jimmy page And robert plant. Jimmy page and robert plant wrote one of the most controversial songs of all time, because of its satanic back messages, Stairway to heaven. The lyrics are backwards are, "Oh this goes out to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me sad, whose power is satan. he'll give those with him 666. Ther is a little toolshed were he'll make you suffer. Sad satan "Though noone knows what these lyrics actually mean, or actually excist, since the human brain is capable of making the mind think certain words are there under influence, it has helped led zeppelin sales more than it has prevented them.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Juke Box Hero]Or not.

Thankfully some of us aren't burdened by the ravages of intelligence :P[/QUOTE]

Referring to yourself again?

I still think that some of the greatest musicians of all time are from Canada. Let me make a list.

Niel Peart - Greatest drummer of all time, playes for Rush. Great songwriter, incredible novilist, and an allround great guy.

Geddy Lee - One of the best Bass players around, his vocals, though excentric, are widly viewed as some of the best on earth. Plays in Rush, lead singer.

Alex Lifeson - INCREDIBLE guitarist, one of the most underrated musicians of our time. He can play on the level of Hendrix or Clapton, and somtimes even above. Plays for Rush, aswell.

Gordon Lightfoot - Singer/songwriter, his vocals are some of the most beautiful, and his lyrics are amazing. Listen to Canadian Railroad Trilogy or Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald and you'll understand.

Bryan Adams - Not one of my favourits, but he's one of the best selling artists of all time.

Randy Bachman - Singer/songwriter who played in the Guess Who and BTO, the mastermind behind Undone and Takin' Care of Buisness, one of the best songwriters and guitarists of all time.

Gord Downie - Poetic pot head, Gord Downie is the lead singer and song writer of the Tragically Hip, one of the most

Burton Cummings - The mastermind behind American Woman and other such hits by the Guess Who, his lyrics and his voice have never been matched. People like Robert Plant called this man MENTOR, no one can, or could, touch him.

Niel Young - The FATHER of grunge rock, Young is one of the greatest musicians of all time.

Five Man Electrical Band - These one-hit-wonders literally had one hit, a song by the name of "Signs" one of the biggest classics of all time.

Tom Cochrane - Musical genius, amazing singer and a very charitable man.

K.D Lang - Amazing voice

Even now, when 75% of all people have no taste, Canadian artists dominate the scene. Sum 41, ALEXISONFIRE, Billy Talent, and Simple Plan to name a few. Then there's Celine Dion (Yuck, glad she's finally an American citizen LOL) and other such artists, but it's undeniable that some of the greatest Rockers of alll time are Canadian.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I can't contain it to one country. I say Scandinavia puts out the best bands, or at least the most awesome looking. The only exception of the coolness-thingy-factor would be Rasputina, from America, who are the coolest band in the whole world. From AMERICA.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Findland:

Nightwish
Apocalyptica

Japan:

Do as infinity
Ayumi Hamasaki
Gackt
Malice Mizer
Koda Kumi
BoA
Ryuchii Sakamoto
X Japan
Yellow Generation

Still there is Within Temptation but I don't know where they are from

[QUOTE]Still there is Within Temptation but I don't know where they are from.[/QUOTE]
Within Temptation (who KICKS *** by the way!) is from the Netherlands.
[QUOTE]Nightwish
Apocalyptica[/QUOTE]
Both those bands kick illegal amounts of ***. You get the good music stamp of approval.