OtakuBoards

Ska

boxybrown305

[COLOR=DarkRed]A friend of mine just burned me a ton of his CD's, and among them were some ska bands. Now i've heard ska before, and liked it, but now that i've had the chance to seriously listen to it, i love it! When ska is mentioned, most people think of No Doubt, but i loosely consider them ska.

Anyway, i was wondering if someone more knowledgeable on the subject could suggest more good ska bands. What i have, or don't particularly need (as in i know of it and will get it eventually) is [B]Sublime[/B], [B]Reel Big Fish[/B], [B]Mighty Mighty Bosstones[/B], [B]English Beat[/B] (or "The Beat"). More suggestions? Feel free to discuss too of course.[/COLOR]

You'd probably want to check out the Aquabats.

Also there's a local ska band here called Insatiable. My band director is in it, so I was apprehensive, but a friend bought me their C.D. and it's great stuff! I don't even like ska, and I thought this was great. I'm not sure if they have a website. Try typing "Insatiable utah" or something (they're from Utah). So... yeah. Peace.

Goto [url]www.turnuptheska.com[/url], its an online radio station so you can listen to loads of ska bands without having to pay for them or download the music. There are some great bands like the Taj Mahal Trio iwouldn't have heard of if I hadn't used it.

Also,check out the mad caddies.

[quote name='Jake of Bodom']Also there's a local ska band here called Insatiable. My band director is in it, so I was apprehensive, but a friend bought me their C.D. and it's great stuff! I don't even like ska, and I thought this was great. I'm not sure if they have a website. Try typing "Insatiable utah" or something (they're from Utah). So... yeah. Peace.[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Could [URL=http://www.insatiableska.com/]this[/URL] be your band director's band? If so i may have to buy a CD or two to check them out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I like some ska, mainly Less than Jake and Goldfinger, but I think it gets really repetitive after a while. Alot of straight punk rock bands have their little 'ska' songs on a few albums, and they are usually the worst song on the record. I'm not saying ska is bad, it just needs to be a little more varied.

-the one and only[/SIZE][/COLOR]