Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]A friend of mine just burned me a ton of his CD's, and among them were some ska bands. Now i've heard ska before, and liked it, but now that i've had the chance to seriously listen to it, i love it! When ska is mentioned, most people think of No Doubt, but i loosely consider them ska.

Anyway, i was wondering if someone more knowledgeable on the subject could suggest more good ska bands. What i have, or don't particularly need (as in i know of it and will get it eventually) is [B]Sublime[/B], [B]Reel Big Fish[/B], [B]Mighty Mighty Bosstones[/B], [B]English Beat[/B] (or "The Beat"). More suggestions? Feel free to discuss too of course.[/COLOR]
Posted
You'd probably want to check out the Aquabats.

Also there's a local ska band here called Insatiable. My band director is in it, so I was apprehensive, but a friend bought me their C.D. and it's great stuff! I don't even like ska, and I thought this was great. I'm not sure if they have a website. Try typing "Insatiable utah" or something (they're from Utah). So... yeah. Peace.
Posted
Goto [url]www.turnuptheska.com[/url], its an online radio station so you can listen to loads of ska bands without having to pay for them or download the music. There are some great bands like the Taj Mahal Trio iwouldn't have heard of if I hadn't used it.

Also,check out the mad caddies.
Posted
[size=1]I like Ska a little, not enough to obsess over it, but I like it. I like the Aquabats and... well the Aquabats. They're one of the few Ska bands I know. They've got a really nice beat. =D[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Jake of Bodom']Also there's a local ska band here called Insatiable. My band director is in it, so I was apprehensive, but a friend bought me their C.D. and it's great stuff! I don't even like ska, and I thought this was great. I'm not sure if they have a website. Try typing "Insatiable utah" or something (they're from Utah). So... yeah. Peace.[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Could [URL=http://www.insatiableska.com/]this[/URL] be your band director's band? If so i may have to buy a CD or two to check them out.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I like some ska, mainly Less than Jake and Goldfinger, but I think it gets really repetitive after a while. Alot of straight punk rock bands have their little 'ska' songs on a few albums, and they are usually the worst song on the record. I'm not saying ska is bad, it just needs to be a little more varied.

-the one and only[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
If you ask me, a really good ska band is the distorted penguins. You can download some clips of their songs on [url]www.distortedpenguins.com[/url]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...