OtakuBoards

Its a quiet world...

Guess?

[color=SeaGreen][font=Georgia]I lost all my music earlier today. When I don't have my music, the world seems soo much more quiet. Not a good quiet though. My life is in my music and now a big chunk of my life is gone. I lost a total of around 30 or so Cds. Has this ever happened to any one else and does any one love music enough to feel empty at the loss of a few Cds?[/font][/color]

How in the heck did you go about losing 30+/- CDs?

And yes, if lost all my music, I would probably be really distressed. I don't even have that much, mabe a little over 40 CDs, but that is because I have been piss poor for a good portion of my life. A goal of mine, though, is to just have a vast collection of music. Huge. Massive. Buy entire discographies of any and every band I like. New or old.

It would just be sweet ... I could probably get a lot more into that, but yeah ...

Well, unlike Piro, I have somewhere between 300 and 400 cd's. If I lost them all, I would be incredibly pissed. It's a good thing I've backed most of them up on my computer (I have a big hard drive). Anyways, something like that happened to one of my friends, someone broke into her car and stole her radio and all her cd's. It's a sad world we live in, and it sucks even more without a soundtrack.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I have going on 200 CDs, and i'd probably curl up in the fetal possition for a month if i lost all of them. And my hard drive sucks, so i have no backups. I have one friend who also had his car broken into, and got a stereo and CDs stolen, but it wasn't all of his CDs. Another friend accidentally forgot a CD case with around 30 CDs on a public bus. Like me, that isn't even close to all his CDs, and most of them were burned CDs, so all he seemed to care about losing was NIN's The Downward Spiral, which he did have a backup on his computer of.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Olive][SIZE=1]I to would be very lost without my music. You've lost the material music, the cd's and such, which is truly horrible, but you could always make your own music? It takes some practice, but who knows, you might just have a hidden talent you have yet to embrace? Just a positive thought to brighten this thread up a bit lol. It also allows us to see just how important music is to us all, how much we truly take it for granted. How many of us trauly realizes the importance of the sound we're so use to hearing? Music can truly bring on emotion, and change a person, for better or for worse. It influences us and allows us to evolve as people, yet seldomly gets credit for doing any of the things I've just mentioned. Give it some thought next time you pop in a cd.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='RiflesAtRecess']Well, unlike Piro, I have somewhere between 300 and 400 cd's. If I lost them all, I would be incredibly pissed. It's a good thing I've backed most of them up on my computer (I have a big hard drive). Anyways, something like that happened to one of my friends, someone broke into her car and stole her radio and all her cd's. It's a sad world we live in, and it sucks even more without a soundtrack.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][B]
This has happened to my sister. TWICE. It really sucks. Lesson here is not to put too many CDS at one time in your car, just in case. I'm not that rich, so I can't say I have a lot of CDs. Most of mine are burned now anyways, and my friends and I trade each other. I mostly only get the new ones that come out that I really really want and have someone burn them for me, sometimes I buy them though if I have the money. I would love to have 200 CDS+ that would so rock. Once I get my burner up though, I'm going to be rolling in CDS. That will be awesome. Although I don't know where I'd stick them all hmm. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I have over 200 CDs. But I can't say I've ever lost one. I still have the first CD I ever bought, Portrait Of An American Family by Marilyn Manson. Mine are all kept in a CD folder. About 10 of them. And I go psycho if any of my family touches them.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]My sis got her music stolen out of her car. Eminem's "Encore", Green Day's "American Idiot", about five CD's in all (she's psycho about getting her CD's stolen), but the one she was worried about most was Billy Idol. XD
Anyway, I have about 50 somethin' odd CD's divided between me and my sister, but if we lose one of them, we know it. It's like callng a worldwide search for an escaped Alcatraz prisoner...cept there's no one in Alcatraz right now. But that's not the point. It would be a very quiet, boring world without music. I still can't find my Phantom of the Opera dvd and it's driving me NUTS!!! [/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=Georgia][color=Green]I was at school when I lost them. I was getting a book from my friend in a crowded quad. I had to have fallen out then. I'm still sad and its almost a week. On a side note, 1984 is one of the best books I've ever read. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels sad at the loss of music.
[/color][/font]