OtakuBoards

judge my sprites!

Jadeninja

I've been working on a demon form for my character in my comic, which of these do you like best, should I mix n'match anything? choose A,B,C, or D

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/Staulkler/otakuchoose.bmp[/IMG]

~thanx your judgement will be greaty appreciated! ;)

Guest Exotahu
[QUOTE=Jadeninja]I've been working on a demon form for my character in my comic, which of these do you like best, should I mix n'match anything? choose A,B,C, or D

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/Staulkler/otakuchoose.bmp[/IMG]

~thanx your judgement will be greaty appreciated! ;)[/QUOTE]

B or possibly D.

[SIZE=1]Did you create the head of the people? I know you stole the body from Bass of Mega Man, and only recolored part of it, so technically you didn't make these completely. The heads look alright, but C's head is stolen from Mega Man himself, with recolored hair.

I can see a jacket that's original (I think so, at least), so that's a plus. You've done well with these... except for ripping Bass' wings/body.

Next time, try to create a spring 100% your own.[/SIZE]

yeah I've been working on editing Bass' body more so it isn't so... bass-like, I prolly will post newer better ones, the legs of the one's wearing the jackets are edits of megaman's legs actually, and the jacket I basically made from scratch, as for the spikey red-head, it actualy isn't mega-mans I DID use mega-man's face outline, I cleared it out, I was having trouble getting the right shapr for the head as for the rest of the head it's made from scratch but yeah, if I do end up going with one of the bass styles I plan on editing it a BUTT-LOAD (butt-load is a metric unit by the way *lol*) at this point I just looking for a base, then I'll buil on whatever wins the vote! but thank you, your judgment helps! ^^

[quote name='Exotahu']B or possibly D.[/quote]Please provide a deeper description for your opinion. That's all this shows, anyway: an opinion. Without proper reasoning, it means nothing to the artist and he or she won't be able to improve from your post. All we ask in Art Studio here, and you can refer to the Constructive Criticism sticky, is that you explain what you like and dislike about the piece constructively. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]Did you create the head of the people? I know you stole the body from Bass of Mega Man, and only recolored part of it, so technically you didn't make these completely. The heads look alright, but C's head is stolen from Mega Man himself, with recolored hair.

I can see a jacket that's original (I think so, at least), so that's a plus. You've done well with these... except for ripping Bass' wings/body.

Next time, try to create a spring 100% your own.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=gray][size=1]... Do you realize that it's bloody hard to create a good sprite from scratch? I do not know how long this guy has been spriting, but I can tell it takes a lot of time and experience to be able to make a whole custom sprite (which looks right.).
For recolours I'd say these sprites are quite nice. I don't really like how the hair covers 70% of the face, but that's a matter of taste. The jacket you made was nice, it could use some more shading though. Also, B's wings don't look right. The wings come out of his neck instead of his shoulder blades.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new spriter revolution (is going to post some too).[/color][/size]

[COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1][quote name='Boo][color=gray][size=1]... Do you realize that it's bloody hard to create a good sprite from scratch? [/color'][/size][/quote]Signed.

I'd go for A or C just because blond highlights turn me off. XP
Seriously though, I think D has potential. The stance is sinister, the eyes look devious and he's got a good smirk but... he's wearing hot pink armor. Don't get me wrong; I love pink but it kinda cancels out every evil thing about the character. Not really devil-ish, yeah?

Know what? You could take the pallete of A's armor and use it to recolor D's. Yeah, and then maybe remove the highlights (make him blond, eh? Blond devils win my Internet anyday). [/SIZE][/COLOR]