OtakuBoards

Heroes [M-VLS]

Blayze

[SIZE=1]Trace walked along the lavish White House halls. He'd seen what happened to Cloak and Psyker and doubted these criminals would be so easy to catch. He didn't expect to find any traces left of them throughout such a large house. He laughed to himself as he walked. He knew the president was an important person, but why such a large house with rooms no one even uses? It was a theives dream, no matter how many cameras they placed in the rooms, it'd be impossible to monitor them all at once.

He entered the room where the president sat and scanned the area, finding it cluttered with secret service agents and an assortment of police officers. A large man in a black suit approached him, black glasses covered his eyes as he rose his arm out strait preventing Trace from further movement. "You don't belong here. It's freaks like you who did this in the first place, I don't want any of you around here." Trace just grunted with a smile "It's my job, [I]sir[/I]. So I suggest you move from my path and allow me to examine the scene, if you intend for your president to be returned, that is."

The man stood strong, his arm yet to waver "Well, this is my job. So move along kid, or I'll be forced to remove you myself." Trace just laughed "No wonder the president was taken so easily, with mindless thugs like you around I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner," he said, continuing to smile up at the large man. However, the man gritted his teeth angrily and put his hands on Trace's shoulders, intending to move him from the room. Immediately vines shot from the floor, wrapping around each of his limbs and slamming him to the wall. Everyone else turned around quickly and ran towards Trace, however they all suffered the same fate.

Trace walked slowly, a path created through the silent unconcious bodies cluttering the room floor. He placed his hands upon the wall, his fingers roaming over the soft fabric. He could feel the energy of the previous lifeform that passed through here and it certaintly wasn't just another criminal with "special powers," or so the secret service called them. His hands rose slightly, vines creeping up within the wall. They moved over and under wooden beams, searching the it for anything out of place. As his hands lowered he brought the vines to the outside of the wall and found nothing but a ring, small and golden, smooth to the touch. He wasn't quite sure if it meant anything, but he placed it in his pocket and went on his way.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Sparx searched around the Oval Office, trying to find anything which could give them a clue as to the identity and whereabouts of the President's attackers. He looked carefully at every piece of furniture in the room, but when he got to the desk, he found something suspicious.

A small hole in the President's desk was drawn to his attention, made in the leather by some kind of pointed object. It could have been a knife, as one side was clearly made by a razor edge, and the other made by a serrated edge, like the knives given to soldiers.

Sparx clicked on his headset microphone, and said to the others around the building:

"Guys, I think we have something. The teleporter may have military roots. I'm going to see if I can find anything about him from the Pentagon computers."

He walked from the room to another, this one filled with people sitting at computers, busy typing away, doing urgent work for the President. He walked up to one of them, and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around to face Sparx irritably.

"What?" he said, his face red from hard work.

"I need to use this computer, sir," said Sparx.

"But you can't. This is official White House business. I can't just let you use this computer."

"Sir, I am a government agent, so I suggest you get up off your fat ass and let me use your computer, unless you want to be arrested."

The man seemed more lenient after this, and let Sparx use his computer, but only if he could stand behind him and watch what he was doing.

"Do these computers have direct access to the Pentagon's files?" he asked.

"Yeah, they're all on a network together."

"What's the encryption key?" The man told him, and he typed it in. After a few seconds, he was on the Pentagon's system. He clicked on one of the menus that said: "Military information."

When it asked for his username and password, he typed them in, and then he was inside the Pentagon's military files, which contained information on every single person in America's armed forces. He scanned a list, then opened the search menu, and typed in:

Russian soldiers

This narrowed it down a little, to around 50 different people. Sparx began searching through each one, trying to find any that may have left the army, perhaps gone AWOL, or even any who had been reported MIA. After around thirty different files, he found the one he was looking for. The picture showed a young, slightly tanned man, with hazel brown hair and strange yellow eyes, which were apprently due to a medical condition. Sparx read through his file. His name was Antonin Dimitrovich Petra, and he had gone AWOL almost three years ago, and was last reported to have become a mercenary, and had killed the officers sent to bring him back to the army.

Sparx printed the file off, then left the room. He went to find the President, who was waiting in the hangar as Air Force One was preparing for take-off. Sparx caught him just before he got on the plane.

"Mr President!" he shouted. The President turned around, and saw him.

"Ah, Mr Trelawney. How is your investigation coming along?" he asked, shaking Sparx's hand.

"Sir, I think I have found the identity of your attacker. Can you tell me whether you recognise this man?" He held up the printout.

"Well, of course I recognise him. He's the one who attacked me."

"He is? Are you sure about this? We don't want to go and arrest the wrong man."

"That is definitely the man who attacked me, Mr Trelawney. Now I expect you to go out and find him, and bring this man to justice. He is probably still with the girl, so you should be able to bring her in too. Now I must leave, I have a very important meeting to get to." He turned and got into the plane.

Sparx ran back to the outside of the White House, and called all the rest of the team on his headset microphone. Soon, they had all returned to the front of the House.

"We have a positive identity for the teleporter who attacked the President. He is a Russian named Antonin Dimitrovich Petra, a former US soldier who turned. We need to get back to the base to find a current address for him, and then we need to move out. Understood?" They all nodded.

"Excuse me," said a voice from behind them, "I believe I may be able to help." They turned, and saw a large, muscular man standing behind them. His spiky white hair was still, even in the wind, and he was easily over seven feet tall.

"Who might you be?" asked Sparx.

"My name is Zach Deuter, but most people call me Colossus. I know of the man you speak of. I used to know him. He was called Antonin, but everybody used to call him Joyride. He always hangs around with a girl who we call Spectre, but no-one seems to know her real name."

"Ok, Colossus, will you accompany us to find these people?" asked Sparx.

Colossus nodded his head in agreement, and they left the grounds of the White House.

"Where exactly did you come from, anyway?" asked Trace, "You kind of appeared from nowhere."

"I was working as a bodyguard for the President. I spend a lot of my time here anyway, and I thought this information might help."

(OOC: Sorry, Clone Trooper, but I have changed your character's history a little to make his appearance fit into the story. So, now you didn't meet Sparx, Cloak and Psyker after you had broken out of the facility, but you started work as a bodyguard to the President. Hope this is alright with you, and now I have introduced you properly, you can post whenever you like)
[/size]

[color=blue][size=1]"I haven't seen anything, sorry."

"No, no.. That's quite alright. Sorry to have bothered you sir," Lily let out a sigh. The man she had been asking questions walked off to return to filing papers and running errands for his co-workers.

Interrogating the many employees of the White House was a long, boring task, but she knew she had to do it. This particular wing was her duty, and she wasn't going to slack off. Psyker and Cloak would get on her case about it, like they did everything else that went wrong.

For some reason, she was blamed for everything.

Of course, they wouldn't be coming after her if she stopped asking the janitors, secretaries, and guards that walked through her wing. They were [i]dead[/i]. But she didn't know that. Not yet.

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

A tall woman paused, lifting her head and turning it to face Lily. She was in a fine, black suit, with large heels that clicked with every tap of her impatient foot. She glanced at her watch several times, even as she stood there waiting for Lily to speak again. But Lily's attention was directed at a small briefcase the woman held in her right hand.

"May I help you?" the older woman asked, Lily's eyes snapping from the briefcase to the woman's face.

"Oh. Right. Um.. Where you here when-"

"The President was nearly killed and our nation's best protected security system embarrassed for the whole world to see? [i]No[/i]. And it's probably because I wasn't here that this whole mess happaned. Now, if you'd get out of my way, I have a [i]lot[/i] of things to do that won't get done if I'm not there to make sure they are."

And with that, she stomped off past Lily, as if she had just made a very rude comment about needing a plastic surgeon.

"Hmph.." Lily snorted, trying to shake off the woman's very abrubt end to the conversation. But she couldn't get her mind off the breifcase. [i]"It looked full to bursting.. And I doubt that she's as important as she says she is.."[/i]

"Oh well. Looks like I've talked to everyone here. Better go find the others," Lily said overly loud as if to lie to someone listening that wasn't supposed to be. She quickly ran off to find one of her friends and to check on the progress of the investigation.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]As Trace walked through the hallway he saw Lily exiting a room and beginning her walk to another destination. "Wait up," was all he could muster, he wasn't much for yelling. Luckily she heard him and turned around to meet his gaze with that of her own. "Find anything?" she asked, attempting to put the scuffle they'd had earlier behind them. "Not really, and you?" he asked inquisitively. She shook her head "Nope, people are so edgy around here. I don't suppose they'd tell me anything even if they did know." Trace sighed quietly "It's just as well. It was their job to protect him and now he's gone. They're probably all wondering who will take the blame for it, as am I actually."

Lily looked at him curiously "What are you so interested for?" she asked. "I find it a bit funny actually. All the people here claim to be better then "us" yet they can't do their jobs and even a simple attack like before left them irrate and confused. We could take this place at the drop of a hat and not even break a sweat. I just wonder why we havn't." Lily shrugged, "It just wouldn't be right I suppose," she inquired. Trace gave a quiet laugh and sped up his walk a bit leaving Lily behind him.

Before attempting to leave the house he turned to Lily "Sorry about earlier by the way, I suppose it "just wasn't right"?" he said as he turned and left her there to contemplate.[/SIZE]

[size=1](OOC: It's time to inject a little action into the story...)

The team regrouped outside the White House, and began walking to their vehicles. Their new associate, Colossus, could be of some help to them in finding the President's would-be assassins.

[i]A figure watched them from the shadows, and was joined by another. They watched their new victims, and laughed together, the noise barely breaking through the air...

[/i]Sparx flipped his leg over his motorbike, and kicked the engine into life. It roared, then spluttered and died. He had run out of fuel. He cursed and kicked the bike, knocking it over.

Suddenly, a strange sound rang through the air from behind him, and he whirled around, only to see a foot come into contact with his face. He flew backwards, hitting the floor hard, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. He sat up, spat out a mouthful of blood, and jumped to his feet. He looked around, but there was no-one around. The rest of the team ran to his sides, and began looking for the danger.

Another of the strange sounds, and Trace flipped over, landing hard on his head, another, and Lily fell to the ground.

"Of course," said Sparx, a thought suddenly dawning on him, "He's a teleporter. So if we can work out his pattern and disrupt it..."

He turned to the others, and said:

"Guys! Anyone who has energy-based powers, next time the teleporter appears, fire your energy into his teleportation field. If we overload it with enough energy, we may be able to short it out!"

They waited, and waited, until the teleporter appeared again.

"Now!" Sparx shouted, and as soon as the field appeared, every member of the team who had energy-based powers fired blasts of energy into the field. The teleporter screamed, and dropped to the floor. Sparx walked over to him.

"You're not going anywhere, Joyride. You're gonna stay right there." But the assassin was smiling.

"What the hell are you smiling at?" asked Trace, grabbing him by the collar. The teleporter indicated behind Trace, and as he turned around, a young woman rose up from the floor, and aimed her gun at Trace's head.

"Let me and my associate go, or I pull the trigger," she said calmly...
[/size]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][OOC: Alright! Something interesting and difficult!!]

"Holy shit!" He whispered as he stared at Trace and the lady and back again, "That lady's hot!" He said as he was eyeing her from head to toe.

Lily rolled her eyes and mumbled something.

"What! I'm just playing!" He laughed a little and then he got serious.

It was silent and no one made a move. A little breeze pasted by and everyone was tense. Flare had just given up and walked away. He sighed heavily and then he shot a fast fireball.

The lady teleported, "Hey! I told you! I was gonna pull the trigger! And now I'm gonna do it!"

Flare started to chuckle and then his chuckle became a laughter.

The lady got mad. "What the hell are you laughing for?!?!??!?!?!"

"Th-th-that! Hahahahaha..." He grasped his stomach for air.

The lady turned over to see what he was pointing at. She looked towards her coat. It was on fire! And she was desperately trying to put it out.

Flare, on the other hand, was laughing continously.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Trace swung his head angrily towards Flare and sent a strong glare in his direction. "This is no time for your games," he shouted in anger. However as soon as his attention was diverted, Joyride leapt from his grasp and landed crisply on the ground behind them. Trace rose his fist and struck the ground with all his might, dirt engulfing his arm, almost to his elbow. His neck cocked back and he glared in the direction of Joyride. "It's time..." he spoke quietly to himself. "Obey me..." he spoke once again.

That very instant large stalks of plant rose from the ground. But this wasn't just any plant, it was [I][COLOR=DarkRed]the Scarlet[/COLOR][/I], from before. Trace slowly pulled his arm from the ground and watched as even more immense branches flowed from his palm through his fingers. Jaws began to form once again and teeth gleamed in the sun as even more appendages ruptured. Joyride's face was priceless and Trace smiled as he saw the power of fear overtaking his opponent. Flare jumped to the side as one of the mouths struck the spot where he was standing. "Hey! Watch that thing!" he shouted across the grass.

His fist clenched tighter and the plant winced slightly as it's attention was diverted back to Joyride. The mouths struck wildly as the man teleported back and forth attempting to avoid the great plant. With each strike deadly saliva was spat across the ground, burning wildly as the grass lit afire. Joyride jumped from it's area, sweating and panting heavily. He was becoming tired and it was quite obvious he was no match for the power of [I][COLOR=DarkRed]the Scarlet[/COLOR][/I].

He teleported once more but found himself surrounded, encircled by the flames of the large red plant. Smoke filled the air as the fire began to draw closer to him, as did the plant, jaws snapping and growling wildly. He heard Joyride's muffled scream, a plea for escape, even a surrender. However, Trace wouldn't hear of it and he continued to draw closer, his eyes closed, his mind focused on the victim before him. However his concentration was interrupted by a loud "Stop!" from that of Sparx.[/SIZE]

[color=blue][size=1]"Don't kill him! We need them for questioning," Sparx continued. Trace stared blankly at him, as if he wasn't really there, his precious plant beginning to fall back into the ground without him to instruct it.

"But don't let him go, either," Lily added in an annoyed tone after watching the Scarlett nearly disappear. Trace blinked back to reality and spun his head around towards the teleporter.

The Scarlett rose back to life, and chased down Joyride again, but not to the point of death this time.

"I told you to let him go!" the woman barked, taking a step closer to Trace with her gun still pointed directly at his head. Her eyes were glued to Sparx, who stayed calm and refused to respond, frustrating her further.

As the woman's attention stayed soley on Sparx, Lily quietly crept over beside Trace. He didn't seem to see her, but then wasn't the time to worry about him. She had to grab that gun. She placed her hand on the ground, and waited.

"One last warning.. Let him go."

"Or what?" Sparx replied, grinning wide.

"What do you mean, 'or what'? You know perfectly well what," she barked through clenched teeth.

"Heh.. Look at your gun," Sparx chuckled. She blinked, hesitant, but turned to look at her gun and saw a block of ice with a handle and trigger shaped just like her weapon.

"What the-?" she stopped, looking up at Lily who was grinning wildly and spinning the gun on her finger.

"Sorry 'bout that. As much as this guy here," she paused to put an indicating finger on Trace's head, "bugs the crap outta me sometimes, I don't want him dead. Hope you don't mind."

--
OOC: Heh. Sorry. Couldn't think of anything else. x3[/size][/color]