Filipinorocker1

what do you think of negima?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of negima?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Its ok
    • What the hell is Negima?

What do you think of Negima? I think its a awesome manga. Its funny as hell. the plot is really simple but the storyline is really exciting and i think that is a great combination. If you havent read or even heard of negima you should go out to a bookstore and take a look at it. Its a great manga. :animesmil

Considering that it's a work by Ken Akamatsu, creator of such awesome manga like Love Hina and A.I Love You, it just has that feel to it. I have read all 5 current volumes (at least until #6 comes out this July) and I'm quite satisfied with it. It looks like it's Love Hina only you add a little Harry Potter-style mysticism, increase the number of prospective harems by, oh, 500%, and you double the humor. The best part is that immediatly you can see certain characters that share the same personalities and quirks of your favorite Love Hina characters despite Negi being an anti-Keitaro. All in all, Negima! is a great series that presents what you already love in a new, fresh package. I highly recommend it to everyone here.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]The storyline for [B]Negima! Magister Negi Magi[/B] is well written by Ken Akamatsu, I like it, seems *interesting* enough. :D Negi himself is priceless [SPOILER]with his ability to sneeze and blow girls clothes off[/SPOILER], and the relationships he has with certain girls [SPOILER](Asuka and Evangline)[/SPOILER] are definately *different*.

For the forums sake...I know that Negima is already in the process of becoming an Anime. It's called [B]Mahou Sensei Negima![/B] I haven't heard anything about it coming out in America just yet, although I'm certain it will at one point. I'm just curious if they'll import it and rip it to shreds with the editing.[/FONT]

Ken Akamatsu has never really been my preferred artist, his productions aren't really my type. However, I have read the English version of Mahou Sensei Negima manga, or rather, "Magister Negi Magi". The translations are a bit strange at times, but that is to be expected of stupid "professional" English translators who make their own translations "official". Nothing is cut from the original story, although it is labelled "For Mature Audiences Ages 16+", which no one cares about really.

Yes there is an anime, it has been fansubbed for quite a while now. I believe quite a few groups are subbing it right now, such as Ayu-Keep, Ishin-Anime, AnimeCouncil, AnimeForever, Achr-Anime, Anime-Works, IY4Ever, and others. It was out for months, it should be almost half a year by now. The anime follows the manga storyline quite closely.

I haven't had a chance to watch the anime series but i have read the first 3 volumes of the manga. Since it is by Ken Akamatsu, it is extremely similar to Love Hina which i consider a good thing. The characters are all very diverse and likeable, and Akamatsu does a great job of keeping the series from becoming redundant. I have heard a few things about the anime and seen a few screens of it and the art style looks very different from Akamatsu's and unlike Love Hina, apparently Akamatsu himself does not have a role in the production of the anime (which i really hate when that happens.) so i'll probably just steer clear of this one. But i would still highly recommend the manga.

How very true, fansubs can get boring sometimes, but other times they are preffered over the english dub. I've seen all Of FullMetal Alchemist thanks to the fansubs( this of course was all done before it was on Adult Swim) and now when I check it out, it's like sometimes its ok, other times its not. I'm also really worried about the Naruto dub that will be here soon, me and my friend were talking about that there are no current voice actor that could catch the annoying yet awesome way of Naruto's voice, but I'm going off subject.....

I haven't seen any of the Negima anime, but I'm extremely tempted to. Only problem is that I have to rely on my friend to get any fansubs because bittorrent won't work through my campus network...........>:(

But I'm sure that its good. RThe Love Hina anime was worth watching because it had some different stories in it than the manga, and I think Negima will be the same way. And on that note, Back to waiting for volume 6.........