OtakuBoards

Lullaby

Bloodseeker

Its time for another random thread about whatever's on my mind. And in this case, I'm about to go to sleep. So on that note, what songs put you to sleep?

For me, its Lost in Hollywood on System of Down's "Mesmerized" album and To Live Is To Die on Metallica's "...And Justice for All" album. Both of them are soft sounding without being depressing, and never get loud enough to wake me up.

I could never get to sleep with those depressing old-school "soothing" orchastra pieces that you hear on CDs that are supposed to calm you down. Actually, I have fallen asleep to that when I was really tired, but like I said it depresses me, and the couple of times that I did I woke up with nightmares.

Enya has the same effect. You can't get any more depressing than Enya.

[SIZE=1]I usually like more relaxing music while I'm drifting off to sleep. It also depends on the mood I'm in though. I usually put on some good acoustic music. Feeling Left Out, afarewelltoarms, even some Dashboard if the occasion calls for it.[/SIZE]

I listen to Finntroll to fall asleep. I know it's strange, seeing as there's nothing calm about Finntroll [I]at all[/I], but something about their music truly relaxes me. The track that usually relaxes me the most, especially when I'm falling asleep, is [I]Skogens Hämnd[/I] off the album [I]Jaktens Tid[/I].

It's either that, Children of Bodom, or In Flames.

I actually have a playlist on my iPod dedicated to songs that help me sleep. There's 38 of them, but I guess the big ones are Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper," "That House" by The Pillows, "Hey" by the Pixies, Weezer's "Across the Sea" and Yuki Kajiura's "Fake Wings."

A lot of the songs aren't sleep-inducing, though.. A lot of them just leave me feeling serene or happy, or remind me of certain events in my life. It's not hard for me to fall asleep, as long as I'm left feeling content.

If anything, I try instrumentals. Anything with vocals in it is distracting and I find myself paying too much attention to sleep.

So, something like A Whisper in the Noise or A Beautiful Machine or whatever. Ambient stuff, I guess.