OtakuBoards

Battle For Haven [M-VLS]

Blayze

[color=blue][size=1]OOC: Glad to hear that demonchild. ^_^
--

Katrina had headed towards the monitor room, knocking out or killing unimportant demon lackies that accidentally got in her way after asking if they had any idea about Gabriel. None of them knew any more than the man from the before. She left a mess behind, but she never was one for caring about things she left behind.

All she cared about was getting to that room. They had to keep tapes of every corner inside and around the facility. Gabriel had to be on one of those tapes, and if she could find it, she could figure out where he was. Hopefully.

The sound of approaching footsteps awoke her from her thought, and alerted her that she needed to hide briefly. She looked around and saw four doors, two on each side of the hallway. She grabbed the knob closest to her and twisted, relieved to find it unlocked. She dashed in and closed the door with just a sliver still open. She eyed the hallway, and found it empty for a few moments until a shadow, then a foot, then a man.

He was tall. But that didn't mean anything to her. Any demon was easy to take down. He looked tired, which was readable in his posture. He even let out a large yawn.

She waited until he was just so far away from the door, then sprung out, dagger ready. But what she hadn't anticipated was his reaction. He spun around with a blade of his own. It was a bit bigger, but not much. And the design was the same. She stared at it, startled more than anything. Regaining her composure, the look of anger and annoyment returned to her face and she glanced up to face the man.

A soft thud briefly disturbed the silence of the hallway.

Katrina's expression was something completely different. It was a mix of surprise, fear, joy, and anger, all at the same time. It was [i]him[/i].

"Joseph," she grunted. Though her face illustrated the many emotions flowing through her at the sight of her brother after such a long time, her voice remained firm and stubborn. The hatred she had for him was conflicted only by the blood that flowed through their veins.

"Hello sister. Do you normally jump out and try to stab people to say hello?" he laughed, though he was not happy to see her at all. His voice was filled with same hatred. They shared so much, yet hated each other.

"Leviathan told me you had stopped by. I eagerly took up the opportunity to greet you. You've been gone a long time, and in that time, I have improved.." he grinned.

"You may have been able to block that," Katrina began, bending down to pick up her fallen dagger. It was a relief not to have to look into those eyes of his, that knew so much about her and pierced her as if they wanted to know more. ".. But I doubt you could kill me."

"Oh?" he asked. She stood back up to see his eyes lit up with the excitement of a challenge. She remembered that look.

"Nope. You still can't beat your older sister."

She saw him flinch. If there was one thing she was the best at, it was getting under his skin.

"I could wipe this dirty carpet with your ass quicker than you can cry for your dead mommy's help," Katrina continued, the rush of adrenaline finally reaching all parts of her. She felt her fingers tingle with anticipation, wanting to dive the blade straight into his heart and watch him bleed.

The twinge in his face again. Their mother was always a touchy subject with him. He missed her more because he hadn't known her as well. Katrina didn't think poorly about her mother, nor did she think positively.

"She's your dead mother, too," he replied, trying his best to keep his cool. His voice told her nothing, but his eyes flooded information. He was furious, wanting just as much as she did to stab her right in the heart, watch her cry out for him, and watch her die.

"Okay, baby brother. Lets settle this now. I win, without killing you, you tell me everything you know about Gabriel and where he was taken. You win, without killing me, you get to kill me. That's what you want, right?" she added, though after saying it she wondered why she had.

"Nothing would please me more," he replied, his bloodlust seeping into the tone of his voice.

"Then let's begin. Stand there. Not there, idiot. [i]There[/i]," she sighed, pointing a few steps backwards. He gave her an annoyed look, but took a step backwards. "Okay. At the count of 3, we do whatever we want to get the other on the floor defenseless. When one of us loses, we wi- no cheating."

He paused, startled by her abrupt change of subject.

"What? Why would I cheat?" he asked, trying his best to fake his innocence.

"Oh shut up. You always used to cheat, old habits die hard, Joe-" She stopped. "Old habits die hard, Joey."

"Just get on with the explanation, Katey," he replied. He hadn't called her by 'Katey' since they were no older than ten. She stared at him, and could've sworn she saw him blush. "Get on with it!" he barked, eager to get off the subject, though nothing else had been said.

"Anyway, when one of us loses, we will say it. 'I lose.' Then the winner gets to do what we agreed on. I get info, you get blood."

"Alright. Start the count then," Joseph sighed. He tried his best to appear relaxed, but his anticipation obvious, as was hers.

"Sure, sure. One.."

Her grip on her dagger tightened briefly, but she relaxed suddenly. She dropped it again.

"Butterfingers," Joseph mumbled before chuckling a bit. She eyed him, then bent down to pick it up.

"Two-" she began, beginning to pull up, but she was cut off by her brother's sudden shout.

"Ha! You idiot! Never leave yourself unguar-"

Two bullets fired, and two bullets hit their targets. One entered his right leg, and the other hit him right above the heart. He fell onto the floor right in front of her. She bent down, but her pistol back in her boot, then gently rolled him over.

"Old habits.." she mumbled, shaking her head.

"Die hard," he wheezed, weakened by the pain. "I know, I know.. I lose, Katey. A- .. Ask away.."

"Did they recapture him?"

He was silent. She asked again, but he still said nothing. "Don't make me.." she mumbled. "I don't know.. anything.." he replied.

"Bastard.." she whispered, her voice beginning to tremble. A tear streamed down her cheek as she looked him in the eyes. "If you d-don't tell me.."

"I won't tell you.. shit.."

They were silent. She placed her hands in her lap, then leaned over him. With a swift motion, she brought her dagger into his chest wound. He cried out in pain, writhing about, but everytime he moved his right leg, he yelped out louder. After a good minute or two of this, she pulled the dagger back out.

His right hand immediatly slapped onto the bleeding hole in his chest. He gasped for air, as if he'd been dunked under water the whole time. He rolled onto his side, his face contorting as he clenched his jaw and held back tears of pain.

"That... hurt..." he panted.

"Tell me," she ordered, the temporary weakness passing again. She was angry at him now. He was being stupid, and would get himself killed if he didn't answer.

"No," he replied.

She didn't do anything for a few moments, then hit him in the jaw with the handle of her dagger. She hit him again in the nose.

"Tell me. [i]Now[/i]."

"Ahh.." he moaned, his left hand examining his face. He touched where she had hit him, and immediately pulled his hand away. He looked to her, and saw how serious she was. How angry and disappointed she was.

"Bite me," he spat, a bit of blood spraying onto her face. But she didn't flinch.

"I'll ask you once more. If you don't tell me, I go on my way, and you die," she said solemnly. His eyes examined her for any hint of sympathy, but found none. Any sympathy she had for him had been exhausted in her interrogation. It took all of her just to shoot him before, and now she could care less if he bled to death right there before her.

"So.. What do you know about where Gabriel is?"[/size][/color]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alchemy was walking determinedly, yet aimlessly, through the hideout. She was not familiar with the hideout, therefore she had no idea where little traps would be waiting or where the secret passages, if there were any, were. It was getting pretty annoying though, if there was anything that she could say. No one had yet to attack her, and she was getting pretty bored with the prceedings.
"By now Gabriel's probably been transferred to another place. I should've known the Demons were low on sercurity too," she looked around, hoping that would have roused someone to come and attack, yet no one seemed to be around. She stopped moving. She was going to try a couple of snide remarks again. Get their attention again.
"But of course, Gabriel wouldn't have been transferred, he would've killed whoever it was guarding him, allowing him to escape." Still nothing. [I]Fine, no one want's to 'play'. I'll just make it out of here unscathed then.[/I] She strode forward, turned the knob of the door at the end of the wide corridor, and entered. She shut the door, and walked on into the room. She pushed past something that was in front of her, and felt it grab her wrist, jerking her back. She just noticed how dark the room was.
"Ah, so finally I get a challenger?" She asked, amused slightly.
"You won't be feeling to happy about it after we're through with you."
"Too lighthearted? Too carefree? I've been waiting for you idiots to try and pull this," she smirked, wrentching her wrist from his grasp. "I might have one arm that's in fighting condition, but I doubt I'll even break a sweat."
"Then let us break your other arms, and leave you for dead," another voice spoke from the darkness. She whipped out her beautiful uzi and shot at something in the corner, it ignited from the blast of engery that was shot at it.
"Ah, that's better I can see you," the two looked fearful for a second then the one that was furthest away spoke.
"I'm glad I get to bring down the youngest of the crew, I heard that you scream for your mother when you're near death."
"I don't, I good as killed my family without a regret," she spat.
"What ashame to lose such fine Demon material to Gabriel," the one closest replied. "But I bet you and Lucifer would go round and round."
"Yeah, she does seem to have an attitude on her didn't she? Let's make her obediant befor we kill her, what do you say Al?"
"Go for it, I miss the screams of you torturing someone, Dakota."
"If you were so good, why weren't you the one with Gabriel?"
"I kill what I torture. Just to make it interesting, I'll give you a headstart, you run, and I'll chase after you in ten seconds."
"Let's not and say we did," she taunted them, she was a master at mind games.
"Attitude, best keep that in check." The one called Dakota seemed to be the enforcer out of the two. [I]Best not underestimate the big guy though.[/I] Alchemy put her gun in front of her, ready if one made any sudden movements. The doorknob rattled and turned, and Alchemy whipped around to see what was going to come through the door. [I]F***.[/I]
Both her broken and useful arms were grabbed, her gun was rested from her hand. Al spoke first after her mistake.
"Let her keep the other weapons, she won't be able to reach'em." [I]Oh how you are so wrong.[/I]
"Yeah, ok." The steadily growing fire popped and creaked, emmitting heat. The big guy held her wrists behind her back, close to her other uzi. But they didn't know that her hollister could hold two small guns. She wouldn't have a hope of reaching her knives.
She felt something cold enter her flesh of her useless arm, she bit her lip as she reached her hand into the little opening.
"Hey, I could kill you easily," she said. [I]Sarcasm and snide points are your friend.[/I]
"Really?" Dakota asked, ripping the knife out with harsh force that wasn't applied when he slid it into her arm. "How so?" She pulled out the gun swiftly and touched the hyper-sensitive trigger. Her captor relinquished his hold on her to tend to his now thoroughly bleeding leg.
"Like this," she leaned her head to the right as she shot at his feet twice, missing on purpose, burning two decent sized holes in the ground. "Dance, baby, that's it. Don't stay put for a second." She hit his right foot, and his left sank through one of the holes. She made two more holes when she turned around to the other one, the floor started to crack ominously. She hopped over to the other side of the room after grabbing her other gun. She was pretty close to the fire that she had started.
It hissed, popping and moving along the side of the walls. She looked to see what was feeding it, and smirked devillishly. She had shot a barrel of gun power, making that one tip over another one, and a line of barrels were next to the one that was tipped over. Apparently this was the explosives room.
"Hey, guys, I know I was supposed to put that out, but I've gotta run. I have another engagement I have to be at. I have to say it sucks to be ya'll. I won't be seeing you!" She opened the door that lead to an iron bridge joining it to another building and shut the door, sprinting to the open door at the other side. She shut the door fast, and rushed down the hallway, and flew down the steps, crashing into the door on accident. She wrenched open the door and shut it quickly. She was still running when she heard a slightly muffled, but nonetheless loud boom. She grinned and started to walk. [I]Whatever happened to the guys in that room, they weren't there anymore, and I doubt that that whole side of the building is there anymore.[/I] She smiled widely as she continued down the narrow corridor she was now following.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Navy]Sariel clutched a nearby wall as the lights flickered and then went out. Sariel took a deep breath as she could hear the commotion of others in the building. She cursed silently as she shoved her hand into her pocket, pulling a small flashlight out. The keys they were attached to jingled before she was able to turn the light on.

"Hey! Over here!" She heard some one shout and then the hurried footsteps of people running towards her.

She grumbled as she turned the small light on and started back the direction she had come, trying to find a wall to hide behind. She slid her hand across the wall as she ran, until she found a gap. She threw her body into it, finding a door blocking her way. Didn't matter. She shoved the keys back into her pocket and unlocked the safety.

She saw two round discs of light swirling on the floor before her and she knew they were coming. She waited, listening to their hurried footsteps until they were almost upon her. One deep breath before she slammed her shoulder against the frame of the door, threw her arms forward and took three shots.

The destintic sound of a body falling and a grunt was heard as Sariel ducked back into the door way. A flashlight rolled over to her and pointed towards the limp body. Another man could be seen ducking behind something that was in the hall. He fired blindly into the darkness, not even close to where she stood.

"Where are you?" The man shouted, giving away is position yet again.

She took aim, waited until he popped his head out and shot. He fell into the trash can before him, spilling the contents every where. Sariel sighed, and put her gun back into her holester, reaching down to pick up the flashlight in front of her.

Searching the bodies for any clues to Gabriel or something she could use, Sariel only found a few gun clips and some gum. She stuck a piece of gum into her mouth and shoved the clips into her pants pockets before heading out to try and found the others again.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]The bag was placed back over Gabriel's head as he was walked from the car to the Angel's base by Michael himself. As they walked through the old abandoned warehouse, Angels gathered to see the traitor they had hunted for so long, bloodied and beaten. He was lead through the warehouse to a variety of yells and screams, and some attempted violence, but most were smart enough not to try and hurt the prisoner.

One particular Angel was so distraught at the return of Gabriel that he ran up to the prisoner and punched him in the stomach, making him double over, winded. Michael himself turned to the Angel, drew his pistol and shot him, a single bullet passing straight through his skull, dropping him to the floor.

"This is what will happen to you if you try to leave any sort of physical mark on my prisoner, do you all understand?" Michael shouted to the rest of his gang. A murmur of acknowledgement went around the warehouse.

"Good," he said, walking Gabriel away, to his personal chamber. It was a small, dark room, furnished only with a desk and two chairs. Gabriel was led to one chair, and Michael sat in the chair opposite, and he turned the small desk light on, dismissing the other Angels who stood in the room, making sure that they would not disturb them.

"Well, Gabriel," he said, taking the bag off his head, "Here we are at last. Two enemies, facing each other across a table. Somehow it's not quite as I had imagined it all these years..."

(OOC: You can finish this little section off, Cyriel. Make some kind of deal with Gabriel, and then let him escape, making it look like a breakout on his part)
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Blood was thicker than water, or so he had believed. It was blood that gave life ? not water. Blood was the only thing that bound Michael to anything, or anyone. But now, which blood was stronger? His brother?s, or his daughter?s?

[I]To who do I owe my allegiance?[/I]

He removed the bag from Gabriel?s head. ?Well, Gabriel, here we are at last. Two enemies, facing each other across a table. Somehow it?s not quite as I had imagined it all these years??

Gabriel nodded, and looked around ? he had been in this room many times, but definitely not under these circumstances. ?Yes, well, this isn?t exactly what I had imagined either.?

Michael stood, taking out a handkerchief and wiping off the spots of blood on his skin. He took a breath, ?You know I can?t just let you go.?

?You won?t have to,? Gabriel smiled.

?Ah, of course,? Michael answered wryly. ?You know, it [I]did[/I] surprise me a bit ? your crew, I mean. Perhaps I didn?t expect that you could gather even that small following.?

?I'm sure you would have been disappointed if I hadn't. After all, we are blood. You, leader of the Angels; and I?leader of ? ?

?Your crew.?

Gabriel nodded. Silence again in the room. ?Enough Michael. We have work to do.?

Michael drew his gun again. ?Yes? As I said before, I can?t just let you go. Since you share my blood, there is a responsibility to that, and therefore I expect you will live up to it.? He started to pace a bit, and then stopped. ?You were able to convince others to join your cause ? let?s see how much you can do, then. You will find Hadrienne?s killer. You will find that bastard, and you will lead me to him; and in return, I?ll give you a chance.?

?What?s my chance??

?I?ll give you a fifteen second head start out of here. After that, I can?t guarantee anything.?

[I]Damn[/I], Gabriel thought, [I]he always did like to play hardball.[/I] But he was up for the challenge.

Michael cocked the gun. ?One??[/COLOR]

OOC: You know your way out, Fallen. ;)[/SIZE]

[size=1]Gabriel kicked down the door of the side room, and, upon entering it, he found a stockpile of weapons, from sub machineguns to simple crowbars. He picked up an extra handgun, as well as some more ammo, some compact detonation devices, smoke grenades, and flashbangs. He checked the clip on his current handgun. That devious bastard Michael had given him a gun with no ammo. So he slammed a new clip in, and picked up a few spares, slipping them in his various pockets, and taking a flak jacket from the rack, and slipping it on over his shirt. Now he was ready for any resistance that came up.

Michael looked at his watch, and counted down the final seconds he had given Gabriel. Just as the timer clicked over to the thirty seconds, a guard ran into the room, shouting that Gabriel had escaped, and Michael drew his silenced pistol, and ran out of the room.

Gabriel fired two shots into an Angel who got in his way, and took his ammo, slipping it into his pocket along with all the rest. He crept along the corridor, keeping close to the ground, his gun always at the ready. More Angels came up, and he knocked them down, his gun flashing with each shot. He crept along the many different rows of crates and boxes, sneaking away from the Angels, and crept up behind one, grabbing him with a free arm, smashing his pistol butt into his temple with the other, placing him gently on the floor.

Gabriel could see the light of the exit, and he ran for it, keeping his gun ready all the time. More Angels stood in his way, so he gunned them down, and, seeing the opportunity, grabbed one of their cell phones, then ran away from the base, throwing a few detonation devices behind him, blowing up the entrance to the base, leaving them with something to sort out while he was gone.

He flipped open the guard's cell phone, and rang Sariel's number. She even had a cell phone built into her personal organiser. He waited for her to pick up...

(OOC: That gives you something to do, DC!)
[/size]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial Narrow]Sariel eased herself around another corner and slowly made her way down yet another corridor. [I]Where the hell was every one.[/I] She cursed to herself after not seeing any one since her last encounter where she aquired her flashlight. There was a sudden and distinct sound that came from her pocket. She wrinkled her brow and looked down at her pants.

She holstered her gun and placed the flashlight in her right hand as she reached down towards her pocket with her left. It was her organizer, and an unknown number was flashing on it. She pressed a botton and placed it to her ear.

"Sariel!" she heard someone shout.

"Gabriel?" Sariel asked cautiously.

"Yeah," he replied, going quiet as gun shots could be heard in the background.

"Gabriel!" Sariel tried desperately to keep her voice in check so not to make her where-abouts known.

"Can you track this call?" Gabriel said suddenly, his breath rapid.

Sariel pulled the organizer away from her ear as she rapidly searched through the features of it. Suddenly it popped up, a small red beckon flashing nearly on the other side of the city.

"Gabriel?" She asked as she placed the organizer back up to her ear.

"Any luck?" He said after a few seconds.

"Yes, but you have to keep the phone on, otherwise I'll lose the signal." Sariel said as she started back down the hallway.

"Not......sure......I can.....do that." He said, the sound of gun shots could heard.

"Hold on." Sariel pulled the organizer back down. She placed the flashlight into her mouth as she rapidly went through the planner, trying to save the map and the location. "Got it! Gabriel!" She shouted into the phone. "I have the location, we're on our way!"

Sariel didn't wait for a reply as she shoved the organizer in her pocket, grabbed her gun and rushed through the halls. She could hear some one speaking as she rounded yet another corner and saw two figures on the floor. She shown the flashlight onto their faces and saw that she recognized one of their faces.

"Katrina, I know where Gabriel is." Sariel said calmly, as she caught her breath.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]OOC: Hope that works for ya, Fallen ;)[/FONT]

[size=1]Gabriel ran and hid behind a dumpster, reloading his pistol to give himself more ammunition. He whipped out a second pistol too, and loaded that one. There was a bullet-mark in his flak jacket, where one bullet had hit its mark, but it hadn't penetrated the fabric of the jacket. Gabriel thanked God for Kevlar.

Bullets zinged and ricocheted around, bouncing off the dumpster and thudding into the brick walls around the alley, one narrowly missing Gabriel's head. He stuck his hand up above the dumpster, and fired off a few shots, hoping that one of them may hit home, but none of them did. He prayed that no-one would realise his location, and decided to stay put until his team arrived.

But someone did work out his location. He stepped round the corner, his silver pistol glinting in the dull light, and he aimed it at Gabriel's chest. He fired, the bullet twisting itself towards him. It drilled through the Kevlar, the Teflon-coated bullet piercing it like a hot poker. It screwed itself into Gabriel's chest, and he fell to the ground, just managing to gun down the Angel who had shot him before he lost all control of his body's functions.

But all was lost. A group of Angels, some of whom were in the assassination squad that had taken him down last time, were crowding around him, drawing their weapons. It was time for Gabriel to die.

They all aimed their weapons at him, this time remembering to take aim at his head rather than his chest, and Gabriel closed his eyes. Six shots fired, and Gabriel opened his eyes again. The Angels were all dead, bulletholes drilled into their heads, blood gushing out onto the street.

"What the hell...?" croaked Gabriel, almost losing the power of speech. He looked up, and saw several blurry figures walking up to him. Then he blacked out...

(OOC: The figures are you guys. You have come to rescue me, so finish off your posts at the Demons' base and come get me!)
[/size]

[color=blue][size=1]Katrina paused, staring blankly at Sariel. The fact that she knew where Gabriel was now pleased her, but the fact that she hadn't found out annoyed her somewhat. But she was only quiet for a brief amount of time, before turning to her brother and saying, "Thanks for nothing," before knocking him out with a swift punch at his head.

She stood up, looking disappointedly down at the unconcious, bloody and battered body that was her brother. She knew they'd end up in some situation like this again, but the thought was dismissed when Sariel grabbed her arm and pulled her away to find the others.

"How'd you find out?" Katrina asked as the two of them rushed through empty hallways.

"He contacted me. I managed to trace his signal. My organizer tells me where he is at this exact moment," Sariel replied.

"That's handy," she added tiredly. Sariel glanced at her, but said nothing, knowing how pointless responding to most of Katrina's rather obvious comments.

They ran through hallways for what seemed like forever, since they all looked the same, before running into anyone. Their first encounter was with a few Demon rookies, who seemed a bit lost as well. It took a matter of seconds before the two women had pulled their guns and fired, leaving the two boys dead.

"It's a shame," Sariel mumbled. Katrina said nothing, but looked disappointedly at the two bodies. "Lets get going," she instructed after a long silence, wanting to get out of there as fast as she could.

Another few long hallways later, they stumbled upon a large stairwell that was heading downstairs.

"Think anyone's down there?"

"Probably."

Katrina had already taken a step, and Sariel was about to when they heard gun shots.

"One of us," Sariel smiled, knowing that only one of the Crew could cause such a racket. Soon, a stumbling Alchemy came into view, followed by shouts and angry yells.

"So much for not making much noise," Katrina rolled her eyes, leaning against the wall of the stairwell.

"You think she'll know to follow?" Sariel asked her.

"Eh. If she's sobered up a bit.. maybe."

And with that, the two of them resumed their climb down the stairs. Alchemy called out something along the lines of 'wait for me', only with many more curse words and accusations of betrayal.

As she jumped into the stairwell, the door slamed behind her, startling her.

"Come on. It won't take them much time to figure out where you went," Katrina called from a few flights below, pausing in her dash down the stairs. "Why won't you two wait?!" Alchemy cried. Sariel laughed a bit, but continued running down steps.

In no time, the three of them reached the lower level. It was dark. Very dark. They saw nothing, but heard a few snickers and whispers.

"You know where we are?" Alchemy whispered from behind the other two.

"Hm.. I think.. I think this is one of the prison cells. They were holding Gabriel here up until a while ago, I'm sure," Katrina replied quietly.

"Who's making that noise? And why's it so dark?" Alchemy continued in her questioning.

"I don't know.. The lights are normally always on so that the security cameras can keep a constant watch on the people in the cells," Sariel replied.[/size][/color]