OtakuBoards

Battle For Haven [M-VLS]

Blayze

[color=blue][size=1]"Kugo!" Sariel cried, attempting to jump to his side, but was held back by her injured ribs.

"You alright?" Katrina asked, awkwardly kneeling beside him. Nobody said a thing. She was about to declare him unconcious, but he rolled over and smiled weakly. "I'm okay." After giving him an annoyed look, she shook her head, and plopped down on the sidewalk next to him tiredly.

"Okay. Lets get a head count, shall we?" Alchemy proposed. The others, aside from the unconcious Sakura, mumbled their agreement, but kept their heads down. She tapped her foot impatiently, but sighed in defeat. No one wanted to be the bearer of bad news if any of them were missing.

"Fine. [i]I'll[/i] count then.."

She pointed at each person, her mouth moving as she quietly counted to herself. [i]"Me, Sakura, Kugo, Sariel, and Katrina."[/i] A smile was beginning to cross her lips when she realized something. She faltered for a moment, a sad look taking hold of her face. [i]"Gabriel is.."[/i] Katrina thought, only having seen Alchemy's shocked look for a second.

"Gabriel's missing."

The name sunk the mood even lower than it had been, as if a giant lead weight had been placed upon everyone's head.

"Shit. The ones who bombed the place. They were after him. And they didn't care if we died in the process of getting him," Katrina explained, though everyone had figured it out.

"You think they'll kill him?" Sariel breathed.

"Eventually," Katrina replied immediately, though no emotion was present in her voice. She was being more "matter-of-factly" than sympathetic. "But not yet. They went to all the trouble of taking him alive, after all. I'm sure they want to torture him plenty beforehand. The only question is.."

"Which side took him?" Kugo finished for her.

There was a silence.

"I'd say the Angels," Sariel proposed. She looked at everyone quickly, to see if any of them agreed. "Probably," Alchemy nodded in agreement, "I mean, they tried to kill him once. Since everyone knows he's still alive, they most likely wanted to recapture him to maintain their reputation." Alchemy and Sariel looked to Kugo and Katrina.

Katrina kept her gaze on the ground, quietly thinking. Kugo closed his eyes and sighed.

"It was Demons," Katrina said finally. "Most likely," Kugo added, though his eyes remained shut.

"How do [i]you[/i] know?" Alchemy asked, sounding offended that she didn't agree with her theory.

"I was one of them once, remember?" she replied cooly, her glance shifting from the ground to Alchemy. "Nobody in the Angels can handle bombs like that. They were set easily and quickly, and without us knowing. I know who did it."

"How's that supposed to help us? It doesn't matter who did it. We need to figure out where they took Gabriel!" Sariel spat. Katrina looked at her, but said nothing. Alchemy looked from one to the other, afraid that they might start fighting.

"Wait," Kugo interrupted. The girls' eyes locked on him. "If she knows who did it, maybe she knows where he took Gabriel." Sariel opened her mouth to argue, but stopped, knowing he was right. Reluctantly, she nodded.

"So," he turned to Katrina, "Where does this Devil usually take his prey?"

"He doesn't."

Everyone stared at her silently, though their surprise was quite apparant. Without being asked to explain, Katrina said, "He gets paired up with someone who has a job that needs an expert bomber. In this case, the job was to get Gabriel, [i]alive[/i], and kill the rest of us. But I can still narrow it down. There are only a few people low enough that it wouldn't matter if they died, but they could still get the job done."

"Who, then, would he trust with a job like this?" Sariel asked in an annoyed tone.

"Easy. It's Levi."

"Levi?" Alchemy parrotted. "Who's that?"

"Oh. Uh.. Forget that. His real name's Leviathan. Sorry. I used to call him Levi when I worked with him," she added. It disappointed her that she hadn't gotten out of the habit yet.

"Where would he be?" Sariel asked.

"There's only one place he'd go to torture someone who's been as big a pain to him as Gabriel has.."

--
OOC: Hope you don't mind Fallen. I'm using Katrina's experience with the Demons as an excuse to letting her know where Gabriel's been taken. Tell me if anything needs changing. x3 Oh. And I hope I didn't mis-use anyone's characters. >_<[/size][/color]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=Navy]Sakura groaned as her eyes fluttered open. She rubbed at her eyes and looked around, she was on the ground and the others had stopped their conversation and were looking at her from above. She stood weakly, getting immediate assistance from the others, Katrina and Alchemy got on either side of her and helped support her frame.

[b]"Thanks...What happened?" [/b]Sakura asked, seeing they were outside and the bar was half collapsed and smoking.

The others explained what had happened with the explosions, how Gabriel had stuck her in the cellar for protection and how Kugo saved her.

[b]"Thanks so much. I'm glad we made it out ok...But...where's Gabriel?" [/b]she noticed their leader was missing.

[b]"We've come to the conclusion that the Demons probably did it, and took Gabriel hostage. Levi, I mean Leviathan probably took him away to torture him." [/b]Katrina said.

Sakura noticed that she still had all her weapons luckily, never sleeping without them on, she couldn't be relaxed or comfortable without the guns and her throwing knives.

She remembered what had happened to her, she had woken up and saw a figure who knocked her unconscious with a sharp blow to the head before she could react.

[b]"We should wait before going after Gabriel, we need to tend to our different wounds and become sober for those who are still drunk." [/b]Sakura said, though not liking the time they would have to wait but she knew it was necessary since everyone displayed one type of wound or another.
[/color]

[size=1](OOC: That's absolutely fine, Kitty)

Gabriel grunted slightly as Levi poured the stinging alcohol all over his wounds, burning them but at the same time disinfecting them, making it less likely that they would become infected. His chest was bleeding badly, though, and that was the thing he was most worried about. If he lost too much more blood, he may pass out, and that was something he could do without.

"Looks like you need some more pain, Gabriel," said Leviathan, throwing down his flask of whiskey, and picking something up from the floor, plugging it into a wall socket.

"It'll take a minute," he said, smiling. Gabriel could only wonder what he had down there, just out of his sight, that was plugged in, and would only take a minute.

"So, I can't believe the boss chose me to torture the great Gabriel. The one who has been such a pain in the ass to him. I would have thought he would want to do it himself."

"Lucifer doesn't like getting his hands dirty. He prefers to let others do that for him. But you'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Leviathan."

"That's it," said Leviathan, looking as though he had had it. He walked over to the opposite corner of the room, and picked up a roll of duct tape. He walked over to Gabriel, pulled off a length of the tape, and stuck it over his mouth.

"You don't get to talk any more, Gabriel!" he shouted, kicking Gabriel in the stomach, his foot colliding with Gabriel's wounds. Gabriel tried to cry out, but the tape muffled it.

"Ah, look at that," said Leviathan, picking up whatever it was he had just put down, "The mighty Gabriel brought down by his own favourite method of torture." He revealed to Gabriel what he had in his hand. It was a soldering iron, red hot on the end. This was the weapon Gabriel used to use when interrogating suspects. When pressed against the skin, it burnt so badly, almost no-one could resist cracking.

Leviathan walked up to Gabriel, and pressed the iron to his chest. The pain seared through Gabriel's body, burning him. He threw his head back, trying to scream, but the duct tape over his mouth did not allow that. Leviathan smiled, and withdrew the iron, this time poking it into one of Gabriel's already-painful wounds. This time he screamed so hard the duct tape ripped off his mouth, and the sound came out, clear as day.

"I said, you aren't allowed to talk any more, Gabriel!" shouted Leviathan, taking a small length of bamboo, and shoving it into Gabriel's mouth, tying it around his head. He wouldn't be able to rip that off any time soon.

Leviathan then proceeded to press the soldering iron onto Gabriel's soft, exposed flesh again and again, each time searing his body. He grunted, unable to scream because of his gag. Sweat dripped down his face, and blood dribbled down his chest.

"Now, let's mix it up a little." Leviathan put the soldering iron away, and drew a syringe, full of a green, toxic-looking substance. He rammed the needle into Gabriel's neck, and unloaded a little of the substance into his veins. He grunted, then his breathing became shallower, and his eyes closed. His breathing slowed, and then stopped. Quickly, Leviathan drew another syringe, this one full of a blue substance, and injected a little of that into his bloodstream. He choked into life again, throwing up, but the gag did not allow the vomit to escape, instead it sprayed out from the sides of his mouth. Leviathan took the gag off for a moment, to let the vomit spill onto the floor.

"We don't want you choking now, do we?" he said. Gabriel spat in his face. He wiped it off, shoved the gag back into his mouth and injected Gabriel again, this time with more of the green substance. He fell, and Leviathan woke him up again. He kept doing this, each time letting the vomit trail out of Gabriel's mouth and onto the floor. Finally, he dumped the entire load of the green substance into Gabriel's veins, causing his heart to stop. He injected a larger amount of the blue substance, but Gabriel wouldn't wake up. Leviathan slapped him, but he still wouldn't wake up.

"Oh, shit," said Leviathan, untying Gabriel's hands, letting him drop to the floor, where Leviathan began chest compressions, pumping air into him through the mouth as well. Gabriel still wouldn't wake up, and at that moment, Lucifer walked slowly down into the cell. He saw Leviathan on the floor, giving Gabriel chest compressions, and his face turned bright red.

"PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU'VE KILLED HIM, LEVI!" shouted Lucifer, "BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE, THEN I CANNOT BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH DAMAGE YOU HAVE DONE!"

"I was just doing what you asked, and he didn't wake up again!" protested Leviathan, furiously punding on Gabriel's chest. Lucifer whirled round and stormed out of the room, walking up the stairs much faster than he had come down them.

At that moment, Gabriel woke up, grabbed Leviathan by the throat, and headbutted him, knocking him unconscious. His nose was bleeding, but it was nothing too serious. Gabriel searched his body, got to his feet, and found a gun. He took it, checked the load, then headed upstairs, slowly, his bare feet slapping on the cold, hard concrete...

(OOC: Phew, that was a long post. You lot are still coming to rescue me, even though I'm doing a pretty good job of escaping myself, by the way)
[/size]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]OOC: No one has to change their post, but I wanted to state for the record: Sariel was a demon at one point and her character is not one to act so rashly. She is cool, calm, and collected. She would not shout or be so quick to assume things. Kind of detached from her surroundings. Thanks.

[COLOR=Navy]"Where do you suppose we stay and wait?" Sariel questioned after Sakura finished her last statement. "For all we know, the Demons could be coming back to make sure their job was finished."

Sakura nodded, but no one seemed to really have an answer to her question.

"Standing around here probably isn't too smart either," Alchemy added.

The group agreed.

"Can you walk?" Katrina asked Sakura.

"I believe so." Sakura replied, taking a step forward.

The sounds of sirens in the distance brought the group to look at each other.

"Now what?" Kugo grumbled.

"We need to find some where to rest, away from the lights. I think there is a homeless shelter down a few blocks." Sariel added, pointing towards the north.

"It'll have to work." Katrina said simply as her and Alchemy helped Sakura walked down the alley way.

Sariel timidly made her way to Kugo's side as they helped each other follow after their commrades.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Levi opened his eyes, it was dark. Well, that was because he was staring at the floor but even so it was dark. Levi rolled onto his back, pulled back his legs and sprung up in a flip-kick. He noticed his nose was dripping a little, and dried blood was running down his mouth. He wiped it with the back of his hand and shook it in the air to throw off the excess blood.

"Smart little plan... For a smart little b*tch." Levi shrugged as he closed his eyes. "However he'd have to get past Lucifer anyways. Which is very improbable..." Levi smiled. "Not to mention the whole rest of the demon clan. Them with all the weapons and him with the-"

Levi opened his eyes to see which gun Gabriel took. He quickly scuttled over to the desk.

"...no." He walked over to the desk, many different kinds of guns were scattered, magnums, muskets, and many others that Levi didn't recognize.

"But out of all of them he took that one..." Levi whispered. "Damnit, I [I]told[/I] Lucifer I don't use guns, but no, He insisted on having them just incase..."

Levi slung his Murasame over his shoulder and pulled out his Katana. He was about to leave but glanced back at the desk. Grabbing a stungun, Levi turned and sprinted up the stairs.

"He couldn't have gone too far..."

Levi bust open the door with his Katana drawn. Everyone stared at him as if he was a madman.

"Where is he?"

"Where is who?" Came a unison of voices.

"What the hell! How could nobody see him when he escaped?!"

At first nobody reacted, but then they remembered that their only current prisoner was Gabriel. The notion that Gabriel escaped crossed all of the demon's minds at once. All of them drew and cocked their guns, two had battle rifles, and they all formed a circle around the table that they were all previously gathered around.

"He couldn't have gone far. Those intoxins will definately prevent him from leaving, he'd be much to sensitive to the sun or even the moon right now..." Levi muttered.

They all glanced around, trying to find any traces of Gabriel.

"Levi, we'll talk later." Lucifer grunted, he also had his revolver drawn.

Levi knew that was not good...

*click*

Something on one of the metal walkways moved. Immediately all of the demons fired at it, not even seeing anything for sure, but they kept firing, the bullets making clear holes in the steel, in three seconds flat the whole walkway began to fall apart.

"STOP!" Lucifer roared, his voice echoing and the gunfire stopped. "That was a mouse for all we know. Don't destroy our whole place because you hear a click!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]Gabriel crept around the building, keeping to the shadows. He occasionally passed through a pool of light, but not too often, as that hurt his head. It must have been something to do with the toxins he had been injected with. He would have to hide and hold out until his crew turned up, and who knew when that would be.

He turned a corner, walking slowly along the metal walkway, making sure not to make any noise. Along the walkway, he saw two Demons, just standing there, their weapons drawn. He could not risk firing his weapon-the sound would alert too many people. He crept up to them, flicking the safety onto his gun, and stuffing the weapon into the back of his trousers. He grabbed the first, snapped his neck and sent him falling careening over the railing, falling silently to the ground below. The second had not noticed this, so Gabriel grabbed his arm, snapped it, then wrapped it around his neck and used the man's broken arm to snap his neck. The body slumped to the floor, and Gabriel carried on creeping away.

As he turned the next corner, something took him by surprise. A gunshot rang out, almost hitting him, and he ran for the nearest spot of cover. He looked down to see a squad of Demons, lead by Leviathan, who held a sword, all aiming their battle rifles up at him. He kept his gun down his trousers, and put his hands into the air.

"I surrender," he said, "Come and get me."

Leviathan sent up half of his squad to grab Gabriel, and the rest stayed on the ground, their rifles still aimed at Gabriel. As the Demons came up onto the walkway, Gabriel turned to face them, his hands still in the air. He twisted his leg slighty, shifting its position, and something small and round, made of a hard plastic dropped to the floor. He lifted the leg of his trousers, and the object was revealed. It was a small, black plastic disc, which Gabriel proceeded to kick along the walkway, sending it skittering along towards the Demons. They looked down, but as soon as they looked up again, Gabriel had dived into cover. Then, the small disc exploded, blowing up half the walkway, and killing every Demon that had come up to find him.

Gabriel ducked out of cover, and ran along the walkway, only to find himself facing the barrel of a revolver. It was aimed straight at his head. The man holding the gun was Lucifer.

"I've been looking forward to this, Gabriel," he said, pulling the hammer back, ready to fire...
[/size]

[color=blue][size=1]It took about twenty minutes for the group to come across the old homeless shelter. The windows were broken in multiple places by what looked like bullets had been shot through them. The door was only on one of its hinges, but stood normally in the doorway, and the sign that probably used to say, "Shelter" was practically illegible due to all the graphitti.

"I'd say no one comes here anymore," Sakura observed.

"I don't blame 'em," Katrina replied. She shifted Sakura to Alchemy, then attempted to open the door. When it wouldn't budge, she took a step back, then kicked at it with her good leg. When [i]that[/i] didn't work, she walked - more like limped - over to the more broken window and smashed it with her arm.

"What are you doing?" Alchemy asked, flinching as a glass shard flew past her face.

"Making a new door. You'll have to help Sakura through. The rest of us climb in."

Katrina went first, but tumbled to the ground when she got inside. From outside, Sariel called and asked if she was okay. "I'm fine. Put too much pressure on my bad leg. Now come on. You and Kugo next."

Sariel and Kugo climbed through the window where glass used to be one by one, then helped Alchemy get Sakura in.

"Sorry," Sakura apologized, a hint of red apprearing in her cheeks.

"It's no big deal," Kugo assured her as he and Sariel helped her to a seat against the wall. Alchemy was the last one to climb in. As she surveyed the small single-story building, she asked, "There any working lights in here?"

Almost immediately, the lights flickered on. The four of them spun around, expecting to see a group of cops, Angels or Demons waiting for them. But they only saw Katrina. She stared back and blinked.

"What? .. What?!"

The others shook their heads and began examining their temporary hide out. After a short while, the five of them gathered around where Sakura sat and began to discuss their rescue plans.

--
OOC: Blah.. Sorry demonchild. I'll try to keep that in mind for the rest of my posts. Sorry again. >_<; And yeah. Short post. My bad. >_>[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Kugo gave a quick grunt as he surveyed the broken down shelter. "I hate this place," he spoke as the others just stared. "Nevermind..." he stood, and began to walk around, pacing in circles. "What are you doing?" Alchemy asked, watching on curiously. "My leg was injured in the explosion. I'm walking it off." he spat, frustrated as he limped a bit. "I-It's my fault, isn't it?" said Sakura, staring towards the ground. "No, I told you, it was the explosion. It's fine anyway, I'm fine," he said, more calm then before.

"So what's the plan?" Sariel asked inqusitively. Everyone sighed slightly, pondering the situation. "I don't think we're in any condition to just burst through the front door," Sakura spoke up.

They continued to contemplate until Kugo broke the silence, "Katrina knows where we need to go. We just need to know what to do when we get there. First, I suppose we gauge our injuries. I'm fine, and the only one who seems to be exuding major injury is Sakura. How bad is it?" he spoke in her direction. She stood up, stumbled a bit, but regained her balance. "I'll be alright, I just need some rest. And maybe to walk it off a bit," she winked at him.

Kugo just smiled "Alright, I propose we attack tonight. It'll be dark and provide us with the cover we need, we'll also have the element of surprise and although demons are strong, they aren't the smartest people you'll ever meet. We can take advantage of that and go stealth until the occasion calls for it. When we find Gabriel we can go all out and take down anyone who gets in our way. When the group is reunited, theres nothing we can't do, right?!" he shouted in an attempt to raise the morale a bit. Everyone looked at each other and then smiled and nodded in his direction. "Then it's settled, we'll attack tonight..."[/SIZE]

OOC: It's ok, but if I were you I'd have check the sign up thread...I do that often because sometimes I forget what the other characters look like, etc. :animeswea
My character made bombs-ok, so I like explosions and fire :animesmil
IC: Alchemy took in the temporary hideout. Boxs and shreds of clothing were strewn across the whole place.
"Well, finding make-shift bandages won't be hard," she smirked as she picked up a long poece of cloth. "Katrina, I think you should sit, you too Sakura. Like Kugo said we need to 'gauge' our injuries. As well as come up with a plan. It won't do us good if we show up and get ourselves killed running blindly around the Demons place." [I]Why not say it? I had to tell them Gabriel was missing in the first place, though I was only confirming that he was gone.[/I]
"Are they sterile? I mean, who knows how long it's been since this place has seen a person," Sariel said aprehensively.
"At this point we're just playing the 'Who wants to Survive' game," Alchemy said darkly, beginning to wrap Katrina's leg tightly with the cloth.
"Really? Is it fun?"
"No need to get sarcastic, Kugo," Katrina replied, wincing a little at the covering on her leg. Alchemy chuckled lightly, recieving annoyed looks.
"Ironic, isn't it?"
"What?" Sakura asked raising her eyebrows at her from her position beside Katrina.
"What happened to us is ironic." Yet again, no one understood what she was saying.
"Come again?" Kugo asked, clearly confused.
"Sorry, I forget sometimes. The irony of the situation is that of what happens in most car accidents. The one who was DWI-ing is the one who usually survives while the ones that weren't are killed. Go figure huh?" Everyone was giving her this strange look like she was insane or she should've been in the crazy house.
"What are you talking about?" Was the response she got.
"Ok, I was thinking it through and picture it, the Demons and Gabriel were the only ones to come out of that explosion alive, Gabriel and the Demons equalling the drunk in the car. We were supposed to die, us the equal of the other car's inhabitants. But before the car crashed we jumped ship, leaving the other vehicle to collide with ours, thus hurting Gabriel in the process. I just thought of it as ironic." She tied the cloth around the wound one more time before knotting it tightly.

[size=1]The gun clicked internally as Lucifer pulled the hammer back, and Gabriel knew that a bullet was being turned so it was aiming down the barrel.

"You've been a royal pain in my ass, Gabriel, and nothing would make me happier than to kill you right here and right now." He flicked the gun up and slid it back into its holster at his waist, "But I'm not going to. That would be very bad for my plan. I have use for you yet."

He smiled at his prisoner, and then punched him in the face, a single blow which knocked Gabriel to the floor, blood splattering from his mouth onto the cold steel grill which made up the floor of this walkway. The blood dribbled through the grill and fell onto the floor below. Gabriel felt himself being dragged along the walkway and down the stairs, his gun taken away from him. He was bundled into the back of a black, unmarked van, which proceeded to drvie away...

(OOC: Ok, you will need to come to the Demon's base and find someone to interrogate to find out my location. I will be PMing one of you with my location, and you will all have to come and find me)
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Kugo sighed quietly, tying a red headband just below his hair. He turned to the rest of the team and placed his hands on his hips, waiting for the rest of them to get ready. Kugo was always a simple fighter, and laughed a bit to himself as he watched a few of the others arranging their guns and ammunition for the battle. A bit longer and everyone was ready. Kugo turned to Katrina for further information.

"[B]So, where to?[/B]" he asked, continuing his nonchalant stare. "Where else would demons live...but under us," she inquired. Leaving Kugo to scratch his head "[B]So, how do we manage that?[/B]" he asked, a confused look on his face. "We take to the sewers of course," she said with a laugh.

However, the sewers were nothing to laugh about, and they soon found themselves walking slowly, crouched over in a dank, wet, tunnel. "[B]You better be right Katrina[/B]," Kugo spat from behind, murky green water up to his knees, engulfing his feet. "Just trust me," she said, her hands placed on the wall, dragging and tapping slightly as they moved. It was dark and Kugo could barely see the bodies in front of him. He winced at the defiled sewer smell, bringing a hand to his face in an attempt to thwart the foul stench.

He heard a stumble and a small splash and turned to check on Sakura, "You alright?" he asked, lacking the sight to gauge the situation for himself. "Yeah, I tripped on something is all," she spoke quietly. Katrina silenced them with a loud "Shhhh" and before Kugo could comment she spoke again "We're here." She tapped the wall repeatedly in different places and dragged her finger across the mossy barrier, making some sort of design. She finished with a large circle around her emblem, touching the tip of each point.

As soon as the final lines met her design lit up a bright red, revealing a large pentagram. She pushed the door with all her might and everyone stood silent as the slab of earth moved aside revealing a large room of red. They split up, sliding along the wall from each side and inspecting the room before actually entering it. When they pressumed it safe they continued into the facility. It was quiet and the only noise to be heard was the tapping of feet along the newly tailored floor.

Kugo's eyes scanned along the walls and noticed the room lacked another door with which to exit the room. "[B]Hey Katrina, how are we supposed to keep going[/B]?" he asked, with a look of skepticism on his face. Before she could answer the passage they came in slammed loudly, shards of dirt and rubble flying from the door. "I smell a trap," said Sakura, drawing her pistols and crouching low to an attack stance. The silence was broken by a muffled laugh that echoed throughout the large room.

Everyone's head cocked wildly, searching the room for the source of the laughter. It only got louder as time went on and it almost seemed to penetrate one's mind with loud clatter. Kugo stepped forward, "[B]Show yourself, coward![/B]" he shouted loudly, his voice now accompanying the echo. No voice returned, however, several demons dropped from the ceiling, their weapons drawn and ready for battle. "It was just as Lucifer said," spoke their leader, a large scythe upon his shoulder. "I thought Gabriel's friends would prove much smarter, however, I suppose I was wrong...and now, you die."[/COLOR]

OOC: We'll be fighting the guards and demons here before we make our way farther into the fortress. Have fun[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Levi followed Lucifer into the monitor room, there were at least 25 screens in the room, all displaying different parts of the base. Lucifer sat in a large chair placed infront of the monitors.

"What do you want, Levi?"

"Explain to me again, Lucifer, why am I not allowed to fight them myself?" Levi looked impatiently.

"First of all, you lost control of Gabriel." Lucifer replied.

"But we got him [I]back[/I], didn't we?" Levi shrugged. "So what's the big deal?"

"We got him back, yes, but we had four casualties in the process, and they were pretty good demons too."

"Blah blah, we have more."

"Now I wish I put you out there..."

Levi gave Lucifer a curious look.

"Look at the people I sent out." He tapped the T.V. monitor.

"Five people, all very unexperienced." Levi answered him sarcastically expecting Lucifer to tell him that they were stronger than he thought. Instead, Lucifer nodded in agreement.

"...Why did you send them out?"

"You see, they are all just part of a kamikaze trap. Once one of the demons are destroyed, the one right there to be more exact." Lucifer pointed to one of the demons, he was dressed in all black and held out two magnums, his hands shaking. "He will, detonate."

"How big of a boom?"

"It'll take out the whole room."

"What if they see through that plan?"

"The room is filling up with Carbon Monoxide as we speak, either way, they will die." Lucifer smirked.

"...A triple trap. What a blinder." Levi was impressed at all the precautions they took. "But that Katrina girl, couldn't she simply make a hole in the wall?"

Lucifer glared at Levi. "Wouldn't have the chance, she's being attacked, remember?"

Levi thought this over for a moment...

[I]I suppose, but once she kills her demon she could just do it then... Nevermind, they'd have to see through the plan first. And carbon monoxide doesn't smell at all... But couldn't a flare gun or something set off a reaction?[/I]

"Hm... For someone who is concerned about our casualties, you are suiciding 5 of our demons you know."

"Blah blah, we have more." Lucifer smiled and waved his hand dismissively. Levi left the room.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Ooc: Stupid pop-ups, die. :animeangr Hope you don't mind me taking minor control of Lucifer and setitng up a devious plan, it just seemed like something he would do XD

[color=blue][size=1]Katrina studied the leader's face as he spoke. She had seen him before. While he busied himself with talking, she pulled her dagger from it's place on her belt, and tightened her grip. She glanced over his men, and counted four.

[i]"They plan on fighting us one on one. How stupid. But.. There's only four. Then who's the other guy here for?"[/i] she thought. But at that moment, the man said "die", and the Demons behind him leapt towards the group. Just as she had predicted, each one of her friends was lunged at by a Demon. But their leader stepped towards her.

"Ah.. Katrina.. Lucifer had specific orders that I bring you to him alive. But he said nothing about a few cuts," he grinned, pulling his sheath from its resting place above his shoulder.

"Ha. You? You won't be able to lay a finger on me, let alone a blade," she smirked, keeping her dagger hidden.

"Really now.. I know about the pistol you holster in one of your boots, and the two butter knives you call weapons hidden elsewhere on that slim figure of yours," he paused to look her up and down. It disgusted her, but she held herself back. "But you have none of them drawn. So how, may I ask, do you intend to block me?"

"Why don't you swing that thing and find out?" she suggested, the smile on her face growing wider.

"As you wish," he sighed, as if he pitied her.

[i]"I'll teach you to pity me, you perverted son of a bitch,"[/i] she thought angrily, but the emotion did not show on her face.

In a split second, he was on the attack. Stepping swiftly towards her, he grinned as he swung his blade at her. But as it neared her face, she brought up her dagger and ducked just in time. He grunted as his blade contacted with hers, and was surprised that she could hold a weapon significantly smaller than his steady against it.

"Heh," he laughed through clenched teeth, "You are good. A lot stronger than you look. But still.. A toy like that can't stand up to a weapon like mine."

"Fine."

The man hesitated, surprised by her reply. But a moments hesitation was all she needed. She threw her dagger at him, and he barely managed to avoid it, the weight of his scythe making it hard to move suddenly like that. His eyes had followed the thrown weapon, and as his glance returned to where Katrina had been, he was startled to see her gone.

"What the-?!"

He spun around to see her running at him. "Stupid slut," he barked angrily, pulling his scythe around. "I'll be damned if I'm going to let some idiot girl make a fool of me!" But before she got close enough for her to attack with his blade, she dove and grabbed his feet. He was flung backwards and dropped his weapon. She quickly and easily pulled him up and held her retrieved dagger to his neck.

"Where are they keeping him?" she shouted.

"W-Who?!" he cried. He saw his weapon not too far from where he was being held and moved to get it. She saw this, pulled out her pistol, and shot his hand. He screamed in pain, pulling his hand back and holding it as it bled.

"Where are they keeping Gabriel?!" she yelled again, pressing the blade of her dagger deeper into his skin.

"I-I don't know! N-Nobody told m-me! I swear!"

"Liar! You [i]must[/i] know. Having him captive wouldn't stay quiet for long in the ranks. There's no way you don't know!" she yelled.

"H-He was here. At HQ. L-Leviathan got the job," the man whimpered.

"Well I know [i]that[/i]. I figured that out long before I got here, you idiot. I want to know [i]where[/i] Gabriel was taken," she ordered, though more quietly this time.

"He was taken here, but he g-got out. They sent a small squad to get him. They never came back. I don't know where he is or if they caught him or a-anything-" he stammered.

"Shut up!" she barked, annoyed by his whining. "I want to know where the exit is to this room. The one we came in through is sealed off, and there are no other visible doors."

".. There is no exit. Not for you, anyway," he added.

"What?"

"Haha.." he laughed, the fear in his voice dissappearing quickly. "I almost forgot. You see that one? Over there? Fighting your male friend? Well, he's set to blow up once he's defeated."

She stared blankly at the Demon he had pointed to.

"Why would he..?"

"What? Sacrifice us? To keep your friends from foiling any more of his plans. You he had wanted alive, but I'm sure he'd rather have you dead with your friends instead of all of you alive," the man explained calmly.

"But what if we get the bomb off? We can still escape," she reasoned.

"Ha. Not likely. Right now, Lucifer's venting in carbon monoxide in here. No matter what happens, your friends die. If you let me go, though, I'll take you to Lucifer and get us both out alive," he added.

She was silent, then said, "Sure.. I'd like to see his ugly face again." With that, she released him. "Ha! Stupid girl, I'l-" He fell forward with a loud thud, a large bloody hole in the back of his neck.

"Thanks for telling me prick. Now if you don't mind, I think I'll borrow this.." she grinned as she picked up his dropped weapon. She rushed towards Kugo, urgent to alert him that his opponent was, in fact, a ticking time bomb.

--
OOC: My last post was posted before I saw Kamuro's post, so I deleted it. Hope this one's better. =P

EDIT: Damnit! :animeangr Happened again.. ;-; Oh well. Edited it to fit Sapphire Flare's post. >_<[/size][/color]

Alchemy was having the time of her life. Her opponent actually [I]had[/I] common sense. They were fighting close combat at the moment, and she was breathing a little harder than she was a while ago. Her muscles were burning and her mind was racing at the pace the were fighting at. She was adapting, breathing evening, begining to speed up the attack.
He blocked her punch, she countered his kick. She grabbed one of her daggers as her boot came up, slicing swiftly across his offending leg. He let out a howl of pain, raging and pissed.
"I seem to have [I]struck[/I] a nerve," she stated smiling wickedly. Her grip on the dagger was loose, and she was in mid-turn, dodging the ninja stars he was throwing her way. She whipped around and tossed the knife, which actually hit it's target, right into his shoulder, quite close to the neck with amazing speed. A star grazed her cheek and another whizzed past her ear, clipping it slightly.
Her dagger was torn from his skin and plunged it in her thigh, where she had cut him a few minutes before. She bared her teeth, a screech coming from the closed mouth.
"Sorry, did that hurt?" He asked, not sorry at all. She ran back, tripping and falling on her back, she felt something crack horribly. She had broken her elbow trying to break her fall. With her right hand she pulled out the modified gun and shot at him. It missed, breaking though the wall making a hole. [I]Right now I have to miss?[/I]
"I hope you have insurance." She tried moving her arm and felt pain shoot though it like lightning. It was definatly broken, and she let it hang limp as her fight went on. She put her gun back into it's hollister, grabbing another jagged knife. [I]If I can just get him to back up a few more feet...[/I]
She swayed this way and that, jabbing at him here and there, pushing him steadily back. She bent down and stabbed him nonmoving foot all the way through, making him nailed to the tile flooring. She drew her gun out before he could begin to unlatch his foot, she shot, aim true. His foot was wrentched from the floor by the mass of dead body weight falling backward, into the hole in the wall.

[size=1]The van rocked as it went over bumps, the thick bag over Gabriel's head blocking out all traces of light. He knew that his hands were cuffed, though, and his legs were tied together with plastic cable ties, the sort that are practically impossible to escape from. He was surrounded by at least four Demons, armed with their standard battle rifles, and he knew that Lucifer was sitting in the passenger seat, haivng left his post in the monitor room to watch over the handover.

After what Gabriel thought was probably around twenty minutes, the bag was lifted, and he saw that he was now outside the van, a large, dark shape visible not too far away. Gabriel smelt the air, and heard the rumble of falling water, and worked out where he was.

He was lead across a long, narrow pathway, the roaring getting louder as he went further across. One Demon was standing behind him, urging him on by pointing his battle rifel at Gabriel's back. He walked further along the path, eventually meeting up with another figure, as battered and broken as he was, also handcuffed and bloodied. Gabriel knew him. It was a Demon named Astaroth, one he had almost managed to kill a few months back, but since then he had disappeared, and no-one knew where he had gone.

But apparently someone did.

A dark figure came up behind Astaroth, his arms in the air to show that he was unarmed. Gabriel felt Lucifer behind him, and guessed that his arms were similarly positioned.

"As you can see, I am unarmed," said Lucifer, "Now can we get on with this? It's getting rather chilly."

"I'll be glad to. It'll be nice having Gabriel back where he belongs," said a voice that was all-too familiar to Gabriel. The dark figure stepped into the circle of torchlight that surrounded them, and it was revealed.

"Michael," said Gabriel softly.

"Correct!" said the man, "You always were a smart one, Gabriel." He laughed, a horrible, cold laugh.

"Now where was I? Ah yes, the deal..."

(OOC: You still need to find out where I am, and Kamuro has all the details of that, so I won't be posting until after he has made his next post. Have fun with the Demons!)
[/size]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Navy]Sariel swung her foot around in an attempt to kick her attacker, but was unsuccessful. He dogded her easily and returned with a few fast fists, but the ex-Demon managed to manuever around them, despite her enjuries.

She could her the others fighting they're own targets as she started to notice that it was becoming more increasingly difficult to breathe. She tried to take a deep breath and shrugged the whole thought off to be because of her injury.

Sariel ignored the commotion around her and focused on the enemy before her. A young man with unsteady hands. If she was suffering from multple broken rips, he would have been easy to take down. But every move she made and every breath she took sent a surge of pain through her body.

The man flew at her, a spinning kick and then a left jab. Sariel twisted to the side to miss the kick, but took the punch to the back. She stumbled forward and braced herself against the wall as she could hear her attacker running up behind her.

Sariel rolled against the wall, placed her hands against the cold stones and thrust her legs forward. Her feet hit the mans chest and he flew back, falling to the floor. Sariel managed to get her feet under her before falling to the floor. She darted forward as the man started to climb to his feet. She thrust her fist into his chest knocking the wind out of him, but it had a flaw. The man managed to kick a foot up and lodge it into her upper abdomen.

Sariel screamed in horrible pain as she jumped back from the fallen enemy, clutching her rips. She coughed uncontrollably as she gasped for breath.

"There was a slight snap and Sariel looked through blurred eyes to see Alchemy break the neck of the man Sariel had been fighting. Alchemy hopped over to Sariel as she fell to her knees, spitting blood onto the cold floor.

"You ok?" Alchemy bent down, placing a hand on Sariel's shoulder.

She shook her head as she continued to gasp for breath, motioning towards her chest, trying to tell her commrade that she couldn't breath.[/COLOR]

OOC: Sorry I was a little late on posting again. Couldn't think of anything to write until now.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]The room was cluttered with the noise of grunts and words of triumph from one teammate or the other. However, Kugo had yet to begin the fight with his demon counterpart, they both stood still, their eyes meeting in an ominous stare. Soon the pair struck simultaneously, Kugo's large sword clashing with the edge of the man's steel katana. They both jumped back, the demon laughing loudly as his feet met the ground. "What's so funny?!" shouted Kugo, gritting his teeth in anger. "Lucifer has told me all about you, I know your every move and I'll counter it before it's even made," he spoke loudly, continuing his irratic laugh.

Kugo screamed in anger, he refused to be mocked by that of a slave demon. He swung his large sword in a sideways motion, finding only air as the demon leapt quickly and regained his stance at the tip of Kugo's sword. "I told you, fool," he chuckled again. Kugo reared back, throwing his sword with all his strength. The man leapt from the tip and sliced down. Kugo was left defenseless and Katrina screamed as she ran towards him, outstretching her hand with a feeling of helplessness.

However, metal clashed once again as small blades shot from Kugo's wristbands blocking the strike and sending the demon flying backward. "Lucifer said nothing of wrist blades!" he shouted in anger. "Guess he simply forgot to mention them. Oh and by the way...your dead," Kugo spoke with a smile. He laughed a bit to himself at the demon's surprised face. In that very instant Kugo's sword sliced through the man's torso from behind, returning to him and splattering blood across the ground as it scraped across his shoulder.

Kugo heard a faint beep in the distance. "Hmm, whats that?" he whispered. "It's a bomb you idiot!" Katrina shouted, shoving him angrily. "Well it's not my fault, you're supposed to know the way around here, wheres the door?!" he shouted back. "I said I kno...hey wait, if you can throw that oversized sword, could you throw me?" she asked curiously. "Guess so," said Kugo, a confused look across his face. "Then do it! Throw me up into the rafters and we'll be safe from the explosion!" she shouted with glee. "My pleasure..." Kugo mumbled as he grabbed her torso, casting her towards the ceiling with all his might. He screamed to the others and one by one he tossed them into the rafters, each person grabbing the highest one they could.

When the last person was up he looked around and saw that the timer on the bomb was almost up. [I]Well what the hell am I supposed to do[/I] he thought to himself. There was nothing, all he could do was run as far away from the bomb as possible. He heard three coexisting beeps and dove as the bomb exploded. He tucked as tight as he could and to his surprise he flew through the wall, rolling several times down a large hallway. When the fire subsided the team jumped down, running to his aid. "Looks like you found the door," Katrina laughed as she helped him up. "Wish I knew it was here before," Kugo mumbled to himself.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: Each of us will use one post to search the base and then I'll post revealing the location of Gabriel and the site of the trade. Sorry some of you didn't get to post a fight but I want to finish our time at the fortress. And by the way Kitty, thanks for the bomb and carbon monoxide! lol[/B][/SIZE]

[color=blue][size=1]OOC: It was sooooo Sapphire Flare's idea first. >_> Just go check his post! I'm innocent! Dx
--

"Okay. We'll split up and try and get some information on where Gabriel is. I found out from the idiot with the scythe over there," Katrina paused to point over to the fallen body that was once the leader of the small demon 'pack', "that Gabriel isn't here in the base anymore."

"[i]What[/i]?" Alchemy gawked. "Then.. where the hell [i]is[/i] he?!"

"Why are you asking me? I don't know!" Katrina replied, rather annoyed that she had asked her as if she knew everything.

Kugo let out a sigh. "Be as quiet as you can. Find someone who might know something, and sneak them off [i]without being noticed[/i]."

"Yeah, yeah. I get it," Katrina waved him off passively.

"Well.. Everyone knows we're here. Or were here, anyway. They probably think all of us are dead because of trap," Sariel pointed out.

"She's right," Kugo nodded. "That gives us a bit more time. And the Demons will probably be more relaxed thinking we're dead."

"Alright then. Lets go kill us some Demons," Katrina grinned, putting her dagger back into its pocket on her belt. She looked up to see everyone staring at her oddly. "What? [i]After[/i] we get the info on Gabriel," she added, reassuring the others that she knew what she was supposed to be doing.

The five of them walked through the hallway and came upon three different doors at the end of it.

"So.. Which one do you want, Katrina?" Kugo asked. "I don't know. They were in the process of building this when I was still here. I think I was bored and explored once, though. Now which one took me back.." she trailed off.

Kugo shook his head impatiently.

"I think I'll take the one on the left," Sariel spoke up. "I'm pretty sure I know where it leads.. Unless it was the right one," she added quietly.

"What?"

"Nothing! So.. You want to come? There are only three doors, so two of us have to buddy up anyway," Sariel suggested.

"Aha!" Katrina shouted suddenly.

"What is it?" the others asked simultaniously.

"Two of these doors lead off into dead end rooms. When you step in, the doors lock behind you. There's only [i]one[/i] right path.."

"So.. Which one is it? I thought it was the left one," Sariel wondered.

"Remember the hidden indicator thing? Lucifer was obsessed with those for some reason. Eh. It should be to the right of the correct door," Katrina explained, walking over to the center door and beginning to tap lightly on the wall to the right of it.

The others looked at each other, to Katrina, then to the doors. Sariel and Kugo searched the door to the left, and Alchemy and Sakura examined the right.

After a good five or ten minutes of pointless tapping, slamming, and kicking (out of frustration), a small red circle with the shape of demon wings inside of it lit up on the wall beside the door on the right.

"Found it!" Sakura and Alchemy cheered triumphantly.

"Ah... I knew it," Katrina mumbled.

"No you didn't," Kugo pointed out. "Otherwise, you wouldn't have wasted our time searching the other two doors!"

"No, not that. I had no clue which one was the right door," she replied. "I knew that the symbol couldn't have resisted my many kicks to the wall. If I had the right door, it would've appeared in no time."

Kugo was about to reply, but stopped when he realized there'd be no point. Sariel took a glance at the look on his face and burst out laughing. Everyone stared at her. When she could finally breathe normally again, she glanced around the room and shrugged.

"Sorry."

"Well, lets go," Sakura said. Her and Alchemy were the first ones through the door, followed by Katrina and Sariel, and Kugo brought up the rear.

The passageway they had entered was nothing like the previous hallway. It was dark, small (most of them had to duck their heads as not to hit them on the very low ceiling), and cold.

"Ugh," came Katrina's voice. It carried quite well through the passageway, making everyone hear it as if she was right beside them.

"What is it?" Sakura asked from the front.

"The wallpaper in here stinks," she replied. It was quiet for a moment, then everyone but Sariel began laughing.

"Shhh!" Sariel hushed, knowing they were approaching their exit soon. "What? It was funny," Katrina replied.

But Sariel was right to hush them all, because a few moments later, they came upon a door, and they knew it was their exit.

"Okay, when we get out, everyone go in different directions. Got it?" Kugo reminded them.

"Yeah," they all replied. Sakura pushed on the door and it creaked open, revealing a very run down room that hadn't been cleaned in ages. Boxes of all kinds, carrying food, guns, toilet paper, or anything else you could think a gang syndicate would need, littered the room.

"Storage," Katrina mumbled. "Well, I'll be going now. I'll bump into you all later," she smiled, walking towards another door, opposite the one they had all just come through.

"Have fun," Alchemy laughed, waving sarcastically.

"Trust me. I will," Katrina chuckled, opening the door and walking through. She walked up through the hallway that led from storage to the rest of the base, then took a left, towards where she knew the monitor room was.[/size][/color]

Ooc: Symptoms of carbon monoxide would be: Stupor or coma; labored breathing; pulse small and irregular; face cyanotic; pupils dilated. Just telling incase you wanted to use it in a post or something. blah! I posted while Kityt posted! I'll edit it real quick.

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Levi causually strolled into the monitor room, it felt as if a burden had been lifted knowing that his worst enemies were nothing but pretty little piles of ash. However... When Levi glared at the monitor he didnt' see any remains. No dead bodies, no blood, not even any ash, well, no dead bodies except the ones of the demons they ahd sent earlier.

"What's this?" Levi zoomed in with the camera and zoomed out, searching every inch until he knew there was nothing. He quickly took out the recording and rewinded. It was sickening to watch. Leviathan glared at what he saw before him. He was sickened at how Katrina and Kugo had teamed up to save the day.......again.

"That little whore..." He reached onto his back and grasped the murasame blade tightly. "So Lucifer was right, perhaps Gabriel's little posse is smarter than they seem."

Each of the team members split up, each searching different parts of the base for Gabriel.

"Perfect." Levi scurried out to the main room, where the remaining demons were currently lounging on the numerous couches. "Get up you lazy asses. This has worked out perfectly."

'We're getting Astaroth back?"

"What?" Levi asked with a surprised look on his face. "oh..." He remembered that Lucifer had gone to administer the process... "Yes, we most likely will if the transaction goes over smoothly. But right now, the rest of Gabriels little crew came searching for him, and we, are going to take them out, one by one."

They all shook their heads. "We can't take them head-on, somehow they always manage to survive."

"Aaah, when they were together. But you see, right now, they are split up, searching different parts of the chambers." The other demons raised their eyebrows in interest. "Eight of us, four of them, do the math."

"Hmm..." They pondered on this thought for a second. "Alright." Everyone nodded and got up at once.

"What if we're in trouble?" One asked.

"Then give it your all and come back here, when they're weak and we're weak we can outnumber them. Try not to get killed."

"Especially you, Levi." One added.

"Me? Why would I get killed?" Levi smiled, he knew it was because the others looked down on him, seeing as how he was the only one that used swords.

They split off into groups of two, Levi joining up with Abbadon.

"Why should we fight? They won't find Gabriel, he's not here." Abbadon questioned.

"Yes, but they'll find us sooner or later and right now is our best chance to strike. Especially since they should be feeling the carbon monoxide just about now..." The teams left in one of the many hallways leading out of the great main room. Each only waiting for the best time to strike.

"I hope you're ready Kugo... I'm coming for you..."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]OOC: Loved your last post, Kitty!

[COLOR=Navy]Sariel picked up a couple of clips as she slid through the door and straight down the hallway before her, not looking back to see where the others had ventured off to. Sariel slammed a fresh clip into her gun as slinked through the cool, back hallway.

Sariel remembered just before leaving, hearing about Ms. Katrina. She had not realized that Gabriel's Katrina and Lucifer's Katrina were one in the same. She was well known for her talent during the hunt, but never had she met the supposed daughter of the great Demon Lucifer.

Sariel shook her head as she wandered down the familar halls of the Demon's headquaters. So many memories came flooding back as she rounded a corner carelessly. Suddenly she heard talking and plastered herself to a wall. An uncontrollable wave of dizziness took a hold of her and she struggled to stay up right. She grasped her head and rips at the same time as she slumped towards the floor.

"You really think Sariel's alive?" Sariel heard a masculine voice echo through the bare hallways.

Sariel tried to shake her head, to free herself of the dizziness that had taken over her, but the shake only created more.[I] Must have been the Carbon shit in that hallway.[/I] Sariel said to herself as she could hear the voices getting closer.

"Nah, Sariel died when we killed that worthless Angel bastard." Another voice replied to the other.

Sariel forced herself to stand up and crawl towards the corner of the hallway. The footsteps grew closer as she slowly peered her head around the corner, took aim and fired. A swift shot to the head and the body dropped.

Sariel ducked back around the corner as she heard the other guy take a shot at her. A piece of the plaster wall crumbled, braking free and slid to the floor.

"Sariel! Is that you?" The masculine voice came again.

"Who wants to know!" She shouted back as she checked her gun.

"Danny." The man replied.

Sariel slid to the floor, sitting down and placing her back against the wall. "Danny?" She shouted back, pulling her gun up to her chest.

"You're partner, before you ran off with that Angel scum. Oh come on! You gotta remember me. We spent nearly every day together!" The man shouted back.

Sariel rotated her head towards the corner of the hallway as she creased her brow in thought. Sariel chuckled. "How could I forget, Danny. You and Albert would never leave me alone." Sariel's voice was filled with light laughter.

"I swear to god you died when Lucifer sent that squad after you three years ago." Danny's voice was filled with so much joy.

"Yeah." Sariel fell silent. "You know why I'm hear, don't you?"

"Yeah." Danny replied gloomly.

"So now what?" Sariel gave a heavy sigh and looked down at her legs, her chest heavy and her head pounding.

"Looks we're gonna have to have a shoot out."

Sariel nodded. "Looks to be so." Sariel took a heavy sigh and prepared herself for what she had to do. She cocked her gun, closed her eyes tightly trying to focus and lunged out from her hiding spot.

She fired three times, her return shots, and then the destinctive groan of being hit. She rolled over and brought herself to stand up to see what had happened. There he was, the man she had grown up with, dying from her own gun shot to the chest. Sariel closed her eyes and holstered her gun to her hip as she approached slowly. She kicked Danny's gun from his reach as she knelt down next to him.

"Its good to see your face again, Sariel." Danny smiled as he reached up to touch her, but stopped when he realized his hand was covered with blood.

"Yeah," Sariel forced a smile upon her face as she took his hand.

"Where's Gabriel?" She asked simply, Danny looking away from her.

"I don't know. Something about Michael, that's all I know. Honestly, Sariel." Danny choked.

"Thanks. And Danny..."

"Yeah," he smiled.

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, no need. I'm proud of ya." Danny slapped the back of Sariel's hand with his other before Sariel stood up.

She smiled lightly as she left him to find her other commrades.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Kugo walked quietly down a long, quiet hallway, his hands in his pockets and his eyes nearly closed. [I]I hate this place[/I] he thought to himself, bringing a hand to his mouth and yawning. Finally, he reached the end of the hallway and found a sturdy wooden door. Nearing entry he lifted his leg and thrust it forward, making contact and causing the door to swing open with great force and slam the opposite side of the wall. He continued his walk into the room and found that it was empty. A short sigh of relief left his lips, he'd had enough action for one day.

On the opposite side of the room was another door, and he opened this one more quietly, finding a stairwell leading down. [I]Hmm, might as well[/I] he thought as he began his ascention further into the base. The stairwell spun in a quick circular motion and Kugo got almost dizzy making his way down. When he neared the bottom he heard muffled moans and faint words he couldn't manage to understand. He would've drawn his sword but there wasn't nearly enough room in the narrow stairwell. As soon as he reached the bottom he did so and contined his walk down a long corridor.

He'd found the prison area, seeing cells on both sides as he made his way down the very middle. Men shouted and strung cups along the bars as he walked, beckoning him to set them free. He asked several of them if they knew anything about Gabriel, however he couldn't get a straight answer and became frustrated with the drunken demons and disgruntled angels found within the basement. He continued his walk all the way to the end, finding an empty cell opposite from a cell containing the only quiet person within the entire room.

"Hey you," Kugo spoke loudly over the noise, motioning the man to come closer. The man said nothing, yet walked to the edge of his cell, his rough hands gripping the steel tightly. "Have you seen a man named Gabriel? He was quite the catch, they must've made a big deal about him around here?" Kugo inquired. The man sighed "Aye, I saw him here," the man spoke, his voice scratchy and difficult to understand. "Really?" Kugo asked surprised. "Aye, he sat in that very cell you see before you," the man said, pointing to the cell opposite his own. "He was given all the attention...I hated him," he spoke again.

Kugo looked at him confused. "Lucifer is my God, I pray to him to let me go and allow me to join him, yet he scourns me so. And that Gabriel comes here, and he's "special" or so they say," the man grumbled. "Do you know where they took him?" Kugo asked, increasingly interested. "Aye, but if I tell you, would you kill him for me?"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkRed]A loud whipping sound was heard like a dagger flying through the air. Infact, it was a dagger flying through the air, it slid right between the bars, nearly hitting one, and sticking down into the prisoner's larnyx.

"Cuaugh-" He tried to talk but all that poured out was blood. He bent over and began coughing it up, he grasped the dagger blade and pulled it out but that didn't help, it went in too deep to fix he was permanantly mute. And, if he didn't stop coughing up blood like that he would die from blood loss.

"Hmm... I knew something was rotting back here." the voice of Levi richocheted off the steel walls. The swinging lamp above swung a little and flickered before going out completely with a crackle.

[I]Nice timing Abbadon...[/I] Levi thought to himself. A total blackout had taken place throughout the entire building, the corridors were now pitch-black and you could barely see a foot away from your face.

"Hello Kugo, I see you haven't died....yet." The ominous voice came from not far away, maybe nine or ten feet.

"I know you... Somehow." Kugo pondered on where he had heard that voice before.

"You don't remember me? That hurts my feelings Kugo. If I had any haha." Levi smirked. "Let's see if I can [B]remind you.[/B]"

The last two words that were said were slurred as the demon approached Kugo swiftly and Kugo held out his large sword to parry. The katana of Levi's came down quickly and powerfully it stuck on Kugo's sword and the face of the demon came close to Kugo's. He could only catch a glimpse because Levi used his foot to flip off of the flat side of Kugo's sword; but the green eyes and brown hair were all that he needed.

"Aaah..." Kugo put his sword over his back again. "Leviathan, have you come back for more?"

"We were never finished." Levi replied. "It ends when someone dies."

"I see." Kugo smiled. "You know this darkness doesn't help any of us."

"We're demons. We prefer the dark, we play in the dark, and you have been cordially invited to our tea party."

"Interesting, however you have no toys to play with here. I think I'll leave." Kugo lifted his sword in a ready stance.

A malicious snicker was heard from both sides of the hallway. "You are the toy."

Kugo spun around to see how someone could be in two places at once, but then realized it wasn't two places at once, but two people at once.

"Oh, I'm honored that you sent two against me."

"Actually, we sent two against all of your little party." Levi could see a bit of fear hovering above Kugo's head, not for him, but for his teammates. "Don't think you teammates can handle it? Frankly, I don't think you can handle it Kugo." Behind Kugo someone cocked a gun and in front of him Levi drew his second sword.

[I]Remember Abbadon, don't shoot untill you actually see him...[/I] Both Levi and Abbadon were aware that when dealing with a teammate and an enemy you needed to take precautions not to shoot eachother.[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Lucifer was late, as usual. Michael?s eyes scanned the misty air surrounding them with an unhurried expression.

[I]Demons[/I], he thought, [I]never can do anything on time.[/I]
But soon enough some of the Angels around him tensed, hands tightening on weapons; there were footsteps approaching.

Michael nodded ? it was time. Astaroth was shoved forward, and Michael pushed him onto the pathway in front of him. They walked until they stood halfway, and then stopped. Michael waited, listening to Astaroth?s ragged, broken breathing.
He closed his eyes. In front of him, he could imagine Gabriel? The man that had once been his second-in-command, whom he had trusted and depended on like no other ever before. Michael almost felt?regretful. Gabriel had been valuable. He had almost been a way out - an escape for Michael.

Yet another picture entered Michael?s mind?a very familiar place that he kept visiting, over and over in his nightmares: somewhere on the West Side, in an ordinary alley, where precious blood had been spilled.

Gabriel was going to die.

[I]But it won?t be enough. It will never be enough.[/I] He raised his arms, and opened his eyes, seeing the target of all his loss in the world.

?As you can see, I am unarmed,? said Lucifer. ?Now can we get on with this? It?s getting rather chilly.?

Michael smiled faintly at the familiar arrogance of the voice. ?I?ll be glad to ?.? He paused. ?It?ll be nice having Gabriel back where he belongs.? He watched Gabriel?s expression of recognition, heard the faint whisper of his name.

?Michael.?

Michael nodded, ?Correct. You always were a smart one, Gabriel.? And he laughed, but it was empty, with no satisfaction upon the capture of his prey. It was a bitter sound of loss that only he and one other person recognized now, for the other one was gone.

Lucifer gestured impatiently, and Michael obliged. He tapped Astaroth lightly on the shoulder, and the Demon began to walk. Michael watched as Gabriel began to walk as well, their eyes locked onto each other as each grew closer to the other? But all Michael could see was Hadrienne.

[I]Damn Gabriel.[/I] He would [I]suffer[/I] before he died.

OOC: For those of you who haven't seen it yet, my sign-up is in the Inn.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Michael pushed Gabriel off the pathway, and onto the dusty road. He signalled to one of the Angels, who grabbed Gabriel and equipped him with a flak jacket.[/size]

[size=1]"What the hell are you doing?" Gabriel asked the Angel, who merely looked away, apparently disgusted by the sight of Gabriel. Michael gave Gabriel a small grin, then turned around, drew his silenced pistol, and fired twice. Astaroth fell to the floor, bleeding. He would not get up again. Cries of surprise could be heard across the other side, and the sound of weapons being drawn could, too.[/size]

[size=1]Muzzle flashes and the sounds of gunshots rang out from across the other side, and Michael crammed Gabriel into the back of an armoured car before clambering in himself. He hammered on the tinted glass window that separated himself from the driver, and the car pulled away, leaving the Angels to battle it out with the Demons.[/size]

[size=1]Gabriel looked up at the man he had long since wanted to kill, and saw the haggard, tired face of a man who missed his daughter. Gabriel attempted to appeal to his pity.[/size]

[size=1]"Michael. You were always a friend to me, and I like to think I responded in kind. You knew me, you knew that I wasn't the one who did that to your daughter. You know it wasn't me."[/size]

[size=1]Michael sighed, and put his gun away.[/size]

[size=1]"I never believed for a second that you were the one who did it, Gabriel. But if I hadn't have done something about it, the rest of the gang would think of me as weak, even try to overthrow me. Do you understand what I'm saying?"[/size]

[size=1]"Of course I do. I know you better than anyone, Michael, and you know me better than anyone."[/size]

[size=1]"I suppose that's what comes of sharing the same blood."[/size]

[size=1]"I guess so. Is there anything we can do about this?"[/size]

[size=1]"I don't know, brother, but I believe that if we can work a few things out, we can fight the Demons together."[/size]

[size=1]"We'll have to do it covertly, though. We don't want the Angels to know you've gone back on your word."[/size]

[size=1]"Definitely not. But we'll work something out, like we always do," Michael held out his hand, "And I think we should put our differences in the past." Gabriel took his hand and shook it.[/size]

[size=1]"You know, Michael, Hadrienne was the best niece a guy could have asked for. I was as upset as you when she died. But together we'll find out who did this."[/size]

[size=1]* * *[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]The Angels and Demons back at the damn fought, firing at each other, ducking behind cover, some falling, some dying, some merely injured. But it was a brutal, bloody battle. Dozens of Angels and dozens of Demons fell. But there were still a few left alive, lying on the ground, madly clinging onto their consciousness, because they knew that if they lost it, they would not be able to return.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]A single, solitary man walked onto the field, dressed in a black leather jacket, black trousers and a black shirt, his hands covered by black gloves. In his hand he held a semi-automatic pistol. He was neither Angel nor Demon, nor was he a part of Gabriel's crew. He was something else entirely.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]He walked over to the nearest survivor, an Angel named Arel, and crouched down by him. He checked him over, and found that he was seriously wounded, a neck shot that would leave him bleeding to death. He grabbed Arel's face and looked into his eyes.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]"Listen to me, Arel. You will tell me if the trade went successfully, or I will kill you right now. Simply nod if it went well."[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]Arel nodded weakly, staring into the man's eyes. They were a shocking blue colour, the colour of ice, partially obscured by his long brown hair, which he occasionally brushed from his eyes.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]"Excellent. So the Angels have Gabriel, and the Demons have Astaroth?"[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]Arel shook his head.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]"Why not?"[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]"The Angels got Gabriel...but Michael shot Astaroth before the Demons could take him...Lucifer got away, but he was the only one..."[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]"Interesting," said the man, standing up. He smiled down at Arel, then, as he walked away, fired two shots into his head. He heard a gasp from another living Angel as he did this, and this one reached for his gun, but the strange man shot him before he could get to it.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]A couple of Demons managed to get to their feet and grab their weapons, aiming them at the man, but he was too quick. He had turned and fired off three shots, two hitting one of the Demons and one hitting the other. They fell, dead. No others got to their feet, but the man placed a high-power explosive charge on the ground anyway. He walked away, to a safe distance of 100 metres, then detonated the charge with a remote device. The damn burst, water spraying from the cracks that now ran up and down it, and the water blew the damn away, taking the bodies of the Angels and Demons with it.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]The man looked completely nonplussed about this, and walked away calmly...[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1](OOC: Ok, there's a few little things in here for you to think about. Gabriel and Michael are brothers, the Angels will now be working with Gabriel's crew-even if they don't know about it-and there is a new threat coming. Carry on with your posts, fighting the Demons)[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Kugo sighed, becoming as calm as he could before changing his stance to a defensive one. He had to keep his cool and attempt to feel his opponents rather then see them physically. This darkness was to the demon's advantage, however, he wasn't completely helpless, he did use to be a demon after all. He gripped the sword's handle tightly with his right hand and held the girth of the blade with his left. His eyes remained closed, his ears perking up slightly making sure to catch any sound to be heard within the row of prison cells. He found it strange that all the moans and taunts from the prisoners had stopped and the room was completely silent as he did his best to concentrate.

A drop of sweat ran along the peak of his nose and dripped off slowly, splashing upon the ground. In that very instant he heard a shift in the weight of the room and felt the edge of a blade run along the bare skin of his shoulder and disappear instantly. He winced a bit and felt his eyes tighten as the cut began to seep blood slowly. However, he stood steady, his stance just as strong as before. He refused to move and even a sword as heavy as his own never wavered in the slightest.

Again he felt the shift and the precise tip of a blade running down the small of his back. He gritted his teeth, tensing his muscles as the blood poured from the wound and caressed the surrounding skin. "Won't you even fight back?" laughed Leviathan from a dark corner of the room. "Lucifer overestimates you. To believe you were once a demon, utter nonsense," he spoke again, a strong tone of confidence in his voice. Kugo remained quiet, continually steady.

Yet again he felt the shift, however this time from a different position, and the blade stroking the bridge of his nose past his eye and down the whole of his cheek. A strike to his face left him feeling the agony of cold steel as he allowed a small moan to part his lips and exhale the sour air he'd once held dear. He could feel the crimson fluid flow over his lips and down his chin, dripping to the floor and joining the sweat from earlier. The bodily fluids forming a small puddle of tainted scarlet upon the rough cobblestone. Kugo had had enough, he finally knew how to combat his opponents and would no longer be burdened by the blood he knew all to well.

Again the shift, and his eyes remained closed. He could picture the room and he felt the air against his dampened face as the figure drew closer. He quickly sidestepped, spinning sharply and catching a large target with the brim of his sword. He heard a scream and although he couldn't distinguish the voice, he knew he'd struck a solid blow to one of his opponents, and the satisfaction was overwhelming. He could detect the feelings of his demon past returning to him and his senses sharpening within the pitch black cellar. He smiled a bit to himself, his eyes deepening, forming dark red pits into his very soul.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: I'm not sure what Sapphire hopes to accomplish here. I tried to make it as interesting as possible without killing anyone lol. I'll give the searching posts a day or so and then I'll post Gabriel's position and such so we can go save him.[/B][/SIZE]