Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[center][img]http://img237.echo.cx/img237/7665/otakugraphica20059rp.jpg[/img][/center]

It's back for its second season, boys and girls! Last year's [b]Otaku Graphica 2004[/b] was the official start of this epic competition between thrilling graphic artists. Let's hope this year tops last years big time.

Basically each round I will give the graphic artists a job to accomplish whether it's a banner or poster or whatever. They must do this in the time limit (which is lengthy as it is). The one who is the most lacking will be removed from the competition while the rest of the competitors move on. Simple.

I am looking for six graphic artists to join. If more than six join, I will select six out of those who registered. To register, simply post one of your best graphic work here. This will help decide if you're in.

Good luck, folks and may the... Photoshop programs be with you? I dunno...
Posted
hello, DW

If you think I'm worthy to compete, please, let me. I'm curious to know how it is goint to be like, and of course excited. But I have to get in first right? Count me in if u want.


Sorry, here goes my entry - hope it qualifies....
[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23755]underwater girl[/URL]
Posted
Feel free to join, but to be able to do so, you must post a piece of your work here. Please do so.

Sign ups will end at the end of the week or as long as it takes for six people to join. Ye know, whichever comes first.
Posted
[COLOR=Indigo]I would post an attachment, but most of my files are entirely too huge.

So, here is my piece: [B][URL=http://katharinad.7host.com/frodisfemmes.jpg]Frodis Femmes[/URL][/b]. I created it for a friend's website as a bit of fanart. Hope this is good enough. If you need me to, I'll attach another piece of work on here.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Heh...I'm probably not going to get in, let alone win, but here I go. Who knows...I may even do good.

My masterpiece:
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/UnbornLordXion/Dreambanner.gif[/IMG]

I was proud of it...*shrugs*[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=green]Well, sounds interesting to me - count me in if you think I'm up to par.[/color]

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Jedgar/Death.jpg[/img][/center]
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]I suck, but I figure I'll give it a try anyway. =P I made this for no particular reason, but I liked it (even if Stuie didn't.. <<). Oh, and sorry if it's big. I'll edit and just put in a link if need be. ^_^;

My Submission:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/PicKitty/FD21-poster1.gif[/IMG][/size][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Sounds fun. Here's my entry. Might not be along the lines of "Digital" art but i think it looks good.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23838&stc=1[/IMG]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/OzymandiusJones/OBGraphica.jpg[/IMG]

Here is my effort, the only one using real people I guess...heh. Anyone who wants to snap me out of my obsession, feel free to do so, 'cuz it's gonna make me broke...

For those who are curious, it's a mixture of two pictures. The background [the collage] is the inside of the "[B]The Who: Then and Now[/B]," cd booklet, and the foreground is off of an old calender.[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1]YaY Well here is my piece

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23808[/IMG]

[B]EDIT:[/B] With the sudden departure of my "good" friend sun I MUST SAY, Good luck and I will be sure to win it for you :P

Thats if I even get past the first round with so many great pieces of work.

[/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]This sounded like such a fun idea but something has come up. I just figured out that i am not going to have photoshop with me during the summer. Ah well, there's always time for next year. I hope everyone enjoys this, and i wish you all good luck.
[B]
This is Sun saying that i am [U]NOT[/U] going to be able to participate.[/B]

Have fun everyone.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm not really that great yet, but here's something I just did for my entry.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/unmei_shinpai/Kitty4.png[/img]
(Damn, I got the OB backgound color off... *sigh*)

Well, later![/SIZE][/CENTER]
Posted
[img]http://img229.echo.cx/img229/4089/tny2gra2cq.jpg[/img]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]I thought it looked good...maybe I shouldn't use font from now on, heh. Give me some credit, I'm still learning.[/color][/font]
Posted
[SIZE=1]DW, dearest, will we be able to change our entry before the deadline if we come up with something better before then?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/8d6c2c53.png[/IMG]

Hope this is okay, anyway.[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Everyone elses = Better than mine. ~_^.

[url]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23866&stc=1[/url]

Do as you must.[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Sweet Jesus I'm glad I got back when I did.

Just to put my foot in the door so to speak, here's my work. If I get something better, I'll put it up instead.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/ink.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[font=Comic Sans MS][b]Meh-- I'm not sure why I'm bothering going up against the likes of Ozy, but here goes:

[/b][/font] [center][font=Comic Sans MS][b]

[url="http://img63.echo.cx/my.php?image=tundra0it.jpg"][img]http://img63.echo.cx/img63/2372/tundra0it.th.jpg[/img][/url][/b][/font]
[/center]
Posted
Some hard choices, but here are the six that qualify:

[list][*]Kitty
[*]Hack Helba
[*]Retribution
[*]Sakurasuka
[*]Ima
[*]Ozymandius Jones[/list]

[b]SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED NOW.[/b]

[center][img]http://img157.echo.cx/img157/62/roundone0hr.jpg[/img][/center]

Round One is simple. You will be remaking the following image:

[img]http://img292.echo.cx/img292/950/theromancer2mj.jpg[/img]

Simply redo the image, but insert a pirate ship in the ocean, do a new font for "The Romancer" (a different font for both "the" and "romancer") and make a unique shine effect to the name Romancer. I want it dark and orange like this image is already, but feel free to be unique.

NOTE: You don't have to use the same image of the ocean as I did, but it still has to be an ocean and a sunset over it.

Good luck. Your mission is due next week Wednesday.
Posted
[SIZE=1]I'm not afraid, so I'll post my image now. Good luck to all other contestants.

[b]Otaku Graphica 2005 -- Round One[/b][/SIZE]
[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/graphica05.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[CENTER][SIZE=1]Lucky number three.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/unmei_shinpai/theromancer1.png[/img]
(Photobucket resized it somewhat, so it isn't that great.)[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...