OtakuBoards

Who ever had a paper round?

Break

[SIZE=1]GAH! I hate mine... it sucks... I was delivering on the doorsteps with this thin THIN leaflet thing, and I couldn't get it in the letter box because it was too frail and then the lady comes out the door and says, "If you can't put it trhrough the letter box, I don't want it." So then I scowled and took the leaflet away.

Anyway, who has one? And in america, don't you get to chuck the papers at the doors? That sounds fun...

PS. NO MORE DAILY OTAKU...!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Lol! Chuck papers at the doors, that's funny. You people watch too many of our movies or something, lol. Or at least they don't do that here in Omaha. Our paper boy just walks up to the house and sets it in front of the door, although, by then my dog is barking his head off at the dude and scares him away. So now the paper boy only comes so close to the house and tosses it towards our door. So ya, I guess they [i]do[/i] do that :laugh:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALFIE!!!! (<-- my dog :))[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Lol! Chuck papers at the doors, that's funny. You people watch too many of our movies or something, lol. Or at least they don't do that here in Omaha. Our paper boy just walks up to the house and sets it in front of the door, although, by then my dog is barking his head off at the dude and scares him away. So now the paper boy only comes so close to the house and tosses it towards our door. So ya, I guess they [i]do[/i] do that :laugh:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALFIE!!!! (<-- my dog :))[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I wish I had grown up where you live... sounds fun...
I set them on the doormat, and they blabber on at me... maybe it's because it rains in the UK more than Omaha... methinks...:laughs:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![/SIZE]

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]We have this guy who drives around a station wagon, and just drops the newspapers at the end of the driveway. Another friend drove around in his beat up Ford, and does the same thing (dropping them off at the end of the driveway). One of my friends in Michigan who I chat with on AOL helps her mother deliver newspapers, and since they go together, I would also assume that they drop off the newspapers.

About throwing them to the doors. . . I have to go with PiroMunkie and say that I have only seen people throwing them in movies or in video games. Other then that. .who knows :D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have a paper round! In Australia, you have to put them in the letterbox too. It sucks...........

I always remember where I have been and left out , because there is this weird mailbox welded to the lightpost........heh........

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Lmao!! That's funny, I can just see that now... :D :rolleyes:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Me too... lol...

And snail, I feel for you... it sucks BIG... And whassup with that letterbox on a lamp post? o-O;;

And LM, I don't do it a 4:30am... I do an evening one... or like at luchtime I do it quick and miss out loadsa houses... heh...[/SIZE]

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]I am with LM on this. Our paper'people' drop off the newspaper anywhere from 2:00am - 5:00am. Although I usually pass out around 6:00am - 10:00am, I still don't see myself doing this. . I could be here posting, on AOL chatting, on GAMECUBE playing, at a friends house having fun. . why would I want to drop off newspapers at THAT time? . .

Dropping it off in the evening though wouldn't be too bad. . guess it just depends on what size town you live in and all that, right? ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Lol, I remember that game, I was really bad at it. That's kinda beside the point though. I liked working with my brother on our route, it was fun, though the pay was split 25%-75% and I got the lower half. But hey, I was only 10 or such so it was enoguh to keep me happy :)[/SIZE]