OtakuBoards

Does anyone do Martial Arts?

BondFanatic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AlmightySSJ4 [/i]
[B]4th or fifth grade? That's impossible. Last time I checked, to be a Tae Kwon Do Black Belt, you had to be at least 16 years old. [/B][/QUOTE]

The lying tend to lie the most

Umm yeah, nope no martial arts here... although I do like to watch the competitions.... which they hold in Orlando every year I believe....

Martial Arts is supposed to teach self discipline and help in protection, most of the time it ends up rotting the mind of the user.... basically they think they are the best.... some hot shot if you will... whatever.... it doesn't impress me... and in this day and age, your puny kicks and punches don't stand a chance against machinery of guns and whatnot..... Ask the Japanese Samurai that..... they learned it the hard way.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]most of the time it ends up rotting the mind of the user.... basically they think they are the best.... some hot shot if you will.[/b][/quote]
This happened to me when I was young. Then I met my current roomate and bestfriend. At the time he was way more advanced than myself. He was the one who was so kind as to "show" me the hard way...

-Justin

yeah, but you find peeps with the better-than-thou attitude everywhere, many times it depends on the dojang to correctly disipline their students. it has always been easy for me to remain humble, for one, at blackbelt, you are just beginning to really learn any martial art. the second reason, there's always someone out there that can defeat you. and lastly, if i try to pull off any 'tude, my parents would.....um......correct me (my dad's also 3rd dan) :naughty:

besides being self-defense, it is an art form that is truely enjoyable to see done right.

besides, not all schools follow the traditional ways of being more mature before being awarded a black belt.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AlmightySSJ4 [/i]
[B]4th or fifth grade? That's impossible. Last time I checked, to be a Tae Kwon Do Black Belt, you had to be at least 16 years old. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am assuming (although if you assume it makes an as* out of you and me. get it?) that they ment jounir black belt. It is given to kids under 16. I should know I have one.