OtakuBoards

korean dramas

mary no jutsu

I've not seen any Korean dramas, but maybe if you mentioned what you like about them then I'd be interested in them.

Also, where can they be found? If they're on TV then I'd guess maybe the International Channel probably airs them. I-C is big on the Asian dramas/movies and since it's now AZN Television it would also make a lot of sense.

I hope these are maybe subtitled dramas you're speaking of because I know not a word of Korean. :animeswea Although I still would be interrested in watching.

well umm i like them cuase almost every drama ive watched made me cry. i love k-dramas so much. i started watching them when my aunt bought my sassy girl on ebay and when you buy them it should give info on subtitles and stuff. and since then ive been hooked. i reccomend watching my sassy girl cause once youve watched it you wil be hooked. even the guys ive watched it with it almost and every girl ive watced it with cried. i don't want to say anything about it cause then that would ruin the whole thing. i get them all from my aunt who gets them on ebay. and they do show k-dramas on the AZN channel but those are all really old. i was so surprised that they showed hotelier on the AZN channel cause bae young joon was in it and so were song hye kwon and they are so kool.

heres a list of dramas i reccomend
winter sonata
a moment to remember (when i was watching this i felt like i was having a seizure from cry so hard lol)
lovers in paris
full house
autumn in my heart
my little bride
my tutor friend
marrying the mafia
the classic

well theres more but i can't really remember them

Ah, so this is really some moving stuff, huh? That sounds alright to me; I like being overflowed with emotion!

Maybe I'll look out for this Hotelier to see if AZN shows it again. do you know whether or not these movies/shows can be found at a movie rental store like Blockbuster or something?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#DC9B99]Yay! Someone who watch Korean dramas too! ^_^

I've seen a lot since they air on our local channels. My favorite of them all is [B]Full House[/B]. Mainly because it's more of a romantic comedy than a drama. At first, I have no interest in it and thought Rain (the lead actor) isn't all good looking. Then as the story progresses, I loved every bit of it. It's very light-hearted and it will always make you laugh.

I remember [B]Winter Sonata[/B]. It's from the series [B]Endless Love[/B]. There's [B]Summer Scent[/B], and [B]Autumn in my Heart[/B]. Anyway, I like [B]Winter Sonata[/B] best. The others just got a bit boring in the middle because it has the same themes and stuff.

I know [B]Lovers in Paris[/B] but I haven't seen the whole series. I'm also been looking forward to seeng [B]My Sassy Girl [/B]since forever.

I recommend seeing [B]Full House[/B] and [B]Stairway to Heaven[/B]. The latter is way too dramatic, though. As in, the lead actress never fails to cry in every episode lol. But it's still good. Also, there's this one titled [B]Meteor Garden[/B]. I'm not sure if it's Korean but that became really famous around here because of the cute actors who are also Korean singers. I haven't seen all of it but the guys are really quite cute. XP[/COLOR][/SIZE]

oh my gosh this is so kool to find someone besides my family who loves k-dramas. oh my gosh i love winter sonata among all the dramas ive watched out of all of them all i can say is that it is hypnotizing among everything ive watched i love it so much. i ahve the polaris neckalace. lol.and me and my aunts and my cousins that watch winter sonata we made a club called pilaris. cause my grandma (their mom) is called pilar and my aunts are all sisters so yeah ther called pilaris. lol pretty funny. my uncles say were so crazy and that we sound like school girls when we talk about kang joon sang. hahaha

i like full house and lovers in paris as well lee dong geun is so hot so is rain. have you ever heard him sing hes so good. i read on hancinema.net that hes gonna make an album in the U.S. oh gosh i'm so buying that.

i really want to watch all of the stuff in endless love thingamajig. ive only watched wintersonata and some of autumn in my heart.i'm almost done with autumn in my heart. oh man i was watching episode 14 earlier i had to stop cause i was crying so hard. :animecry: my eyes hurt. lol my aunt jsut recently bought summer aroma can't wait to watch it.

ive been wanting to watch stairway to heaven for a long time. it pisses me off.

oh and metoer garden is from taiwan. i jsut finishsed watching it 2 days ago. i need to watch meteor garden II. i need to get that neckalace to. DAU MIN SZUXSHAN TSAI F4EVER

oh and white blaze i'm not really sure if blockbuster has any k-dramas they'll probably have my wife is a gangster though. and they stopped showing hotelier on the AZN channel. ther showing this new drama but i think its gonna end soon so i'll keep you updated on how to find k-dramas cause you know i ahve to spread the love. and your best bet to find them is one ebay. ther pretty cheap there. if you ever think of buying them off ebay make sure you start by buying my sassy girl.

[SIZE=1]Well they play Korean dramas on ImaginAsian too. For me that is channel 101 for me, not sure for you guys. But here is my list of Korean dramas.

[B]Sunflower[/B] is pretty good. I just started watching it, it's currently on Episode 4 I think. Its really good. Its about young doctors and nurses trying to get along in life. Then there is the classic love triangle that you have to have, heh.

[B]Rooftop Room Cats[/B] just finished... I think. Its on AZN so I am pretty sure you guys saw it once or twice already. If not it's just about a girl who is torn between loving a college student roommate or loving her boss.... It's odd but good.

Hmm lets see here... Oh my I for got all my Korean Drama favs!!

[B]Jewel in The Palace[/B] is great!! Its a true story about how the first female royal power came about.... it just started this week, new episode every day on AZN.

Everyone loves [B]Winter Sonata[/B], I havn't seen it yet. I plan on watching it soon though.

Pawnshop #8 isn't Korean but I just siggest it :animesmil :animesmil [/SIZE]

Guest ROSEMARY_xD
[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I watch Korean drama's!

But lately I haven't seen many.

My favorites are [B]Full House[/B] and [B]Paris Lovers[/B].

Currently watching [B]My Name is Kim Sam Soon[/B].

:catgirl: [/FONT] [/SIZE]

wow i'm happy to find people taht watch k-dramas. i saw like one episode of roof top room cats. but it was like 15 i was just watching it cuase the guy from my little bride was in it. haha i think. hmm i ahve nothing else to say so i'll post pics

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/whoa_momma_no_jutsu/avatars%20and%20sigs/ws1.jpg[/IMG] oh my gosh when they first met

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/whoa_momma_no_jutsu/avatars%20and%20sigs/rain.gif[/IMG] hahah its rain aww so cute

i would have more but its not working

Hey, thanks all for the info! I'll definitely catch Jewel in the Palace while I can since it's on AZN which is quite convenient. I've seen a commercial about it and it looks pretty good like what's been said here.

mary no jutsu I like the pics!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]I'm such a fan of K-dramas! Yeah, we used to pirate, but they're scrambling their satellite signal, so for the moment we don't have our Korean channels anymore. But these shows are so addicting!

I think that the historical dramas are really the most interesting to watch - the costumes and settings are just so attractive, and I just love the old style. So probably the best drama of the season was [B]Dae Jang Geum[/B]. I have never seen such a hype as for that drama, but it was excellent! Although I was disappointed when her focus went off of food - that was seriously the key thing about it! I'd hum the music to annoy my cousin. ^_^;;

[B]Yellow Handkerchief[/B] - I followed this one for a while; it was the typical melodramatic stuff, and everyone else hated it, but I love watching these annoying things. It entertains me to take my anger out on characters. And they [I]are[/I] addictive, so you can't help watching.

My friends were obsessed with [B]Stairway to Heaven[/B], and I also saw the last bits of [B]Pearl Necklace[/B]. There was also a really fun one called [B]Screen[/B], but I think they took it off the air or something...but it was lovely! But I have to say that one of my favorites was [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=Purple]결혼하구싶은 여자.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple] It was just absolutely hilarious, and so sweet. I have yet to see [B]My Sassy Girl[/B], but I will soon!

At a friend's house recently, I also saw an episode of [B]Wicked Wife[/B], and now I can't wait to get my hands on it![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#DC9B99][SIZE=1]If you like that girl from [B]Winter Sonata[/B], you'll probably like [B]Stairway to Heaven[/B]. I forgot to say she's the lead actress there too.

On [B]Rain [/B]from [B]Full House[/B]: The first time I saw him I thought he's ugly. When I watched the series, I just want to pinch his cheeks. He's too cute. lol

[B]100% Senorita[/B] is a nice series. One of the girls there was the villain girl from [B]Summer Scent[/B], I think, and she's paired with [B]Wallace Huo[/B](gorgeous) from the [B]Dolphin Bay[/B] series. Then the other girl's from [B]Senorita Mei Mei[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Although I missed the first two episodes of Jewel in the Palace, with the three I've seen so far I've really into the story. My mom hardly even watches TV and even when she does she's very picky about it, but happened to join me in watching yesterday's episode and was quite into the plot as well.

With my first K-drama, JITP, I've got to say I'm very much enjoying myself. I can't wait to see more!

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished a Korean drama this past Saturday. It was called Glass Slipper (I think). I only watched the last two episodes though, but I understood the whole story for the most part because my auntie explained who the characters were and their relationships. It was a really sad story, and I can tell why she's (and other people) are addicted.

I have My Sassy Girl on DVD and that movie is hilarious, and a little romantic. I've also seen My Sassy Girl 2 (I only know the Japanese title: "I Want to Introduce My Girlfriend"), but the first is still better IMO. I know that it's not officially My Sassy Girl 2, but that's how I first heard about it so I call it that.

I usually don't watch much drama, except for a little Japanese drama every now and then, because I can never seem to catch one that's just starting. My gf, on the other hand, loves anykind drama: J, K, and HK drama for example, so now I'm more open to watching whatevers.

[QUOTE=Hevn][COLOR=#DC9B99][SIZE=1]

On [B]Rain [/B]from [B]Full House[/B]: The first time I saw him I thought he's ugly. When I watched the series, I just want to pinch his cheeks. He's too cute. lol[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
ha ha i know at first i was like who is this with song hye-kyo comeone. but at the end i hecka fell in love with him now. don't you jsut love it when he says "as long as it takes the oceans to dry up i'd still love you, even if my soul were to burn to ashes i would still love love you" ahhhhhhhhhhhhh*fangirl scream*