Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#332E1D][font=franklin gothic medium]Pretty much any energetic song that I like will get me pumped...it doesn't particularly need to be "angry" music, though sometimes that helps.

Music that gets me pumped at the moment...probably Disposable Teens by Marilyn Manson, or Bucky Done Gun by M.I.A. But sometimes more peaceful songs pump me up by getting me inspired or making me think of certain things. A good example of that would be Genetic World by Telepopmusik. A few parts of that song are really awesome, it's kind of a shame that the entire song isn't a bit more simple and mellow. Oh well.[/color][/font]
Posted
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]The music from Tetris! I think Music A from the Gameboy version. I'm completely serious, over the years my mind has construed that as the [i]perfect[/i] theme music for a fight of any kind. It makes my adrenalin run just to play it. RAWR.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Whoo! Tetris, that's a pretty interesting concept, strange, but I can see where you're going. ^_^.

Well, whenever a large group of people are heading my way looking for a fight I would usually be singing 'Here To Stay' by KoRn in my head, but that's only during big 'fights'.

When getting ready to do a run for school or something, I've usually got a Maiden song playing in my head, perhaps 'The Wickerman' or 'Wildest Dreams', the older stuff like Iron Maiden and Phantom of the Opera are also good.

And, when else do I need to 'pump' up, well, for singular fights, I may have something like 'Force Your Way' by The Black Mages.

But, I can usually switch songs pretty easily.[/FONT]
Posted
Before a big event, I normally try to calm myself down to a state of Kurama-esque equilibrium rather than pump myself up ^_^.

I like to listen to my Escaflowne songs for that, and..uh...can't really think of much.

If I want to get pumped to going somewhere, I might listen to some of my Linkin Park songs..random other stuff.

Heh heh..^ _ ^;;

Oh! And "Alive" (can't remember the exact name) by P.O.D. is usually running through my head.

~R.E.
Posted
Well if I am angry at someone and that someone needs a lesson in humility I listen to Nightwish's Over the hills and far away or Break Stuff. Before I play in a concert I usually listen to Incubus' I miss you. When I get an awesome idea for a book I usually listen to the Spirited Away opening theme. When I go to sing in a school festival or community nativity plays I usually listen to Andrea Bocelli's Romanza.
Posted
It's hard not to get pumped when you listen to Hardcore and Metal music, haha.

Some of my current mood-lifters are:

"Mordecai" and "Arsonist" by [b]Between the Buried and Me[/b]
"Charger" and "Silent Celebration" by [b]Swift[/b]
"Memphis Will be Laid to Waste," "I Used to Hate Cell Phones but Now I Hate Car Accidents," and "Coffinspire: Multitudes, Multitudes in the Valley of Descision!" by [b]Norma Jean[/b]
"Dialogue With a Question Mark," "Die Interviewer (I am Only Speaking in German)," and "If Wishes Were Horses More Beggars Would Ride Them" by [b]The Chariot[/b]
Posted
anything with a good beat. but it's lil jons what they gon do and let's go.
and anything from dance dance revolution. :animesmil
Posted
[font=times new roman][size=2]Lately, I've been listening to Asian Kung-Fu Generation. And there are only three songs I will listen to in order to get "pumped." Those songs are: Rewrite, Mugen Glider, and Sono Wake Wo. How I love Asian Kung-Fu Generation...[/font][/size]
Posted
deftones anyone?

[font=Verdana][color=blue][b]Edit:[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]For future reference, please try to answer questions in complete sentences with proper grammar. What you said there doesn't really spark much conversation and will most likely lead to a yes or no answer.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]- Petie[/color][/font]
Posted
While this more than likely seems really nerdish, or stupid, I have to say that my anime music is the one thing that gets me going no matter what. I think it's due to the fact that when I listen to a song, I'm thinking bak to a particular episode where it was exciting, and something compelling.

I should add that it really depends on the ANIME that a specific song comes from. I don't think any song from Ah my Goddess! Could possibly get me pumping. :) So to be more specific, songs from Full Metal Panic, Cowboy Beebop, or Stand Alone Complex... even Trigun. Right now, music from SAC keeps me happy and gets me back into action on even the slowest of days. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...