OtakuBoards

Two Teens Hanged.

Patronus

[color=darkslateblue] Ah, yes. *sheepish look* My results:

Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.29.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.50.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00.

It seems I have very different from you and Dagger, Azure. :] Although I admit I made some pretty dumb arguments in here, the entire subject matter is very touchy. Or...just hard. [/color]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]A rather interesting little test Azure, though I do feel it was slightly limiting on some questions. Anyway my overall results weren't surprising although again some of the answers you could give were limited.

[B]Results[/B]

Your [I]Moralising Quotient[/I] is: [B]1.17.[/B]

Your [I]Interference Factor[/I] is: [B]1.00.[/B]

Your [I]Universalising Factor[/I] is: [B]1.00.[/B]

As per Azures comments on intercourse with a chicken, I can only agree and add eating a dead pet to that same list of wrongs no matter where you are in the world. That and brother-sister incest, I don't care if they liked it, that is so depraved I can't even assign a high enough level of degeneracy to it. [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy]This is sad indeed and no one should have taken their lives just because they were homosexual.

But as a religous person, God created Adam & Eve not Adam & Eva. Homosexuality is actually a sin. Here are some passages from the bible:[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=Navy]Old Testament:[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Leviticus 20:13[/B]

[B]If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=Navy]New Testament:[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9. Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=Navy]So, in all Homosexuality shouldn't even exist. How can a man spend time with another man without always holding each other? Man w/ man is nothing but sin. You can't share anything between a man if you yourself are a man. Love & passion don't exist between two men, lust does.

I still believe it was wrong for them to kill them because they could at least gave them a chance to convert and NO, I don't believe it's possible for a man to be born gay. If that were true, we'd all be gay.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Otaku America][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=Navy]So, in all Homosexuality shouldn't even exist. How can a man spend time without another man without always holding each other? Man w/ man is nothing but sin. You can't share anything between a man if you yourself are a man. Love & passion don't exist between two men, lust does.

I still believe it was wrong for them to kill them because they could at least gave them a chance to convert and NO, I don't believe it's possible for a man to be born gay. If that were true, we'd all be gay.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Aren't you a biggoted one... 8/

Here's where your arguments fail:

Homosexuality DOES exist, even if you think it shouldn't. There's nothing you can do about that, and if you think God created humans, then who created homosexuals? Satan? I thought he could only destroy, not create...

You can't share anything between a man if you yourself are a man? I'm sorry but two men can share quite a lot. For example, don't you have male friends yourself? Don't you have anything in common with them? What about your father?

And don't give me that "lust not love"-crap. What do YOU know about the issue?! Have you ever even seen a gay couple? For your information, there can be true love between two men - I myself have that with my boyfriend. I love him with passion, I care for him most in the world, I would break into bits if something happens to him, I miss him horribly when he is not with me, I want to hold him in my arms and caress him gently, I want to share my life with him... Isn't that love?

And you don't believe people can be born gay because then we would all be gay? That doesn't even make any sense! Of course there is a majority of heterosexual people, but there are also sexual minorities, like homosexuals, transsexuals, asexuals, androgynes etc.! All those people are born with those trades, and you are certainly not in any place to deny that.

Get over yourself and come back to earth where we [I]normal[/I] people live.

OA, you say that no-one should be put to death just because they're homosexual, but your first quote says that they should be. Isn't that a little contradictory?

And besides, the Bible also says that women should cover up in churches and people should not wear cloth made of two fabric. 2 ideals that I don't see practised at the churches I have visited.

My question is this, how can followers of God strictly adhere to one rule and barely folow some of the others?

[quote name='Zeekan']My question is this, how can followers of God strictly adhere to one rule and barely folow some of the others?[/quote]

Because rules are made to be bent, and people only adhere to the ones that they think they should. It's like in school. Kids'll only follow the rules they think are fair or just.

An example would be, if a school policy was to keep your shirt tucked in at all times, and some kids though there was no point to it, they'd leave thier shirts untucked. It's all about convenience in today's world.

In answer to the test thing,

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.50.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.50.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.33.

The family pet thing wasn't wrong at all. I mean, if you want to eat cat, go ahead and do it. I do have a question for Gavin though, do you find barnyards wrong then, so when you bite into your piece of meat, do you think about how that could have been some farmer's kid's pet?

And I will admit, the chicken intercourse was more funny than anything. Yeah, the guy obviously has serious promblems, but hey, at least he's not going around raping and killing women. Which'd be much worse.

The brother-sister thing was also wrong, because, you don't just go around sleeping with your family for physical reasons. I mean, look at all the diseases and whatnot the child could get if a pregnancy occured.

And to end this post,

[quote name='Bloodseeker']Is it just me, or are governments founded under Islamic beliefs almost always really messed up? [/quote]

All governments founded under [I]religious[/I] beliefs usually end up screwed in one way or another. Islamic is the only openly public foundation out there.

[quote name='Sage]And don't give me that "lust not love"-crap. [B]What do YOU know about the issue?![/B] Have you ever even seen a gay couple? For your information, there can be true love between two men - [U]I myself have that with my boyfriend.[/U'] I love him with passion, I care for him most in the world, I would break into bits if something happens to him, I miss him horribly when he is not with me, I want to hold him in my arms and caress him gently, I want to share my life with him... Isn't that love?[/quote][COLOR=teal]Careful! Otaku America was wrong and you pointed out why (in bold), but you turn around and commit yourself to the same problem (underlined). Whatever you feel towards your boyfriend, you cannot legitimately argue that it's the same thing as what heterosexuals call love simply because you yourself aren't one.

By the same merits, though, Otaku America has no grounds to say what homosexuals feel isn't the same. I'm just pointing out not to make the same mistake he does. [quote name='Sage']And you don't believe people can be born gay because then we would all be gay? That doesn't even make any sense! Of course there is a majority of heterosexual people, but there are also sexual minorities, like homosexuals, transsexuals, asexuals, androgynes etc.! All those people are born with those trades, and you are certainly not in any place to deny that.[/quote] I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun. Certainly, most homosexuals are born gay (real homosexuals), but there are those that change themselves for the sake of being gay (fake homosexuals). People can delude themselves and see things that aren't there. With that in mind (literally), it wouldn't be too hard to change your sexual preference.[/COLOR]

EDIT: I'm glad everyone's enjoying the games. ^^

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=teal]Careful! Otaku America was wrong and you pointed out why (in bold), but you turn around and commit yourself to the same problem (underlined). Whatever you feel towards your boyfriend, you cannot legitimately argue that it's the same thing as what heterosexuals call love simply because you yourself aren't one.[/color]
[/QUOTE]

Tell me you're not implying that homosexual love is any different from heterosexual! That would be the same as saying that homosexuals aren't human like heterosexuals. Surely the emotions we feel - love, hate, sorrow, joy - are the same despite what sexual orientation we have! We [I]are[/I] all humans, you know.

The only way I would sink to OA:s level on this issue would be to claim that there is no real love between a woman and a man, just lust and purpose to breed children.

Isn't that what some of the ancient Greek philosophers said? Sex is between a man and a woman, love is between a man and a man.

Personally, I believe they were wrong, but not any more wrong than Otaku America.

[quote name='Sage]Tell me you're not implying that homosexual love is any different from heterosexual! That would be the same as saying that homosexuals aren't human like heterosexuals. Surely the emotions we feel - love, hate, sorrow, joy - are the same despite what sexual orientation we have! We [I]are[/I'] all humans, you know.[/quote][COLOR=teal] lol. No-no. I'm not implying that, but I'm saying you cannot rule out the possibility if you believe science to be true. You don't know what heterosexual love feels like (you've never experienced it), so you don't know if it's the same as homosexual love. If you are willing to say that homosexuality is genetic/in-born, then you have to be willing to admit that being gay may not be the only change a person undergoes.

I'm not saying homosexual love is different, and it probably isn't. However, from a scientific standpoint, there's a chance of that. Maybe there's like, MRI's done of gays and straight people that already addresses this? I dunno, heh. Whatever the case, I don't know enough about [B]being gay[/B], but I bet the information is out there. However, I know science knows very little about [B]becoming gay[/B]. What causes homosexuality and what is different in a straight person and a gay person (if any) is still in the air.

Really, all I was saying was that Otaku America was wrong because he has never experienced homosexual love to know anything about it. Likewise, you knew he was wrong, but you justified it incorrectly, by doing the same thing he did. [quote name='Sage']Isn't that what some of the ancient Greek philosophers said? Sex is between a man and a woman, love is between a man and a man.[/quote] I think you might be referring to one of Plato's stories about Socrates. A bunch of philosophers are sitting around a bar table talking about the different types of love. The man who goes before Socrates describes gay love as a transfer of knowledge or something, and Socrates defines straight love the purest and most intimate type of love, where your missing half becomes one with you and you are complete and become your true self for the duration.

It's obviously wrong, haha. Remember the story was written in a time when male teachers slept with their male students and had wives as well. That's what the context clearly implies about homosexuality too.[/COLOR]

[quote]Otaku America was wrong[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]I'm not wrong as I'm about to prove it. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sage]Aren't you a biggoted one... 8/

Here's where your arguments fail:

Homosexuality DOES exist, even if you think it shouldn't. There's nothing you can do about that, and if you think God created humans, then who created homosexuals? Satan? I thought he could only destroy, not create...[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]The Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil was in the garden to test Adam & Eve. This was God's test to see his plan for creation. The serpent tempted them and thus, everything that is sin, what we suffer to this very day, deformity, sickness, murder, etc, etc. Thus mortality was born, Adam & Eve were created Immortal before they ate from the Tree with the Knowledge of good & evil.

If this would have never happen which I shouldn't be saying, there would be no homosexuality, everything would be perfect. The point for Adam & Eve was to be fruitful & multiply. Since mortality is cursed upon us some of our genetic codes were simply altered. That one fruit made them ask questions they shouldn't have, "Why am I naked?"

We only know the beginning of mankind but we do not know anything about the angels in heaven or what happened there or even why there was a choice for Evil in the first place.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]
You can't share anything between a man if you yourself are a man? I'm sorry but two men can share quite a lot. For example, don't you have male friends yourself? Don't you have anything in common with them? What about your father?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]You misunderstood what I said. When a gay couple gets together what else can you have besides having sinful pleasures for one another? [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]And don't give me that "lust not love"-crap. What do YOU know about the issue?! Have you ever even seen a gay couple? For your information, there can be true love between two men - I myself have that with my boyfriend. I love him with passion, I care for him most in the world, I would break into bits if something happens to him, I miss him horribly when he is not with me, I want to hold him in my arms and caress him gently, I want to share my life with him... Isn't that love?
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]This is why you called me "stupid" in my other thread even with my knowledgable replies. The reason you don't believe in God is because you're gay? I live in California & West Hollywood is the gay capital of America. Everywhere you go, you see a homosexual. What you explained isn't love but perversion. I believe people can change and I don't know how a homosexual can be born from a man & a woman. But if I were you I would go to great lengths in trying to convert into a heterosexual.

When a child is born into this world do you believe God would like this child to view homosexuality as being one with nature? I don't think so. He could have created Adam & Adolf if he wanted homosexuality in this world. If you believe in science that's even worse because there is no explanation for homosexuality.[/COLOR]

[quote]And you don't believe people can be born gay because then we would all be gay? That doesn't even make any sense! Of course there is a majority of heterosexual people, but there are also sexual minorities, like homosexuals, transsexuals, asexuals, androgynes etc.! All those people are born with those trades, and you are certainly not in any place to deny that.

Get over yourself and come back to earth where we [I]normal[/I] people live.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]That's why I stated that we face deformities & the like. Life was created in the form of Adam & Eve so it's the only natural flow on how this civilization should be. I thought my neighbor was gay. He totally fit the gay profile since he was born but when he was pressured in High School he just totally switched. An alter-ego just formed right in front of me. I can't even picture a child at the age of 5 to act homosexual.

Homosexuals don't seem to cause any crime like heterosexuals which can be an upside in this society bit if you were in other countries such as Afganistan or Iraq you'd be decapitated for being a homosexual. Simply because it doesn't look right. The simple fact is, women were created for men. If men were created for men, then you'd have dinosaurs.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Otaku America][COLOR=Navy]I'm not wrong as I'm about to prove it.

The simple fact is, women were created for men. If men were created for men, then you'd have dinosaurs.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but you [I]proved[/I] nothing except your own close-mindness. Everything you said was based on the Bible, which you obviously hold as some sort of a Zealot's Guide to the Universe. You fail to realize that not everybody thinks it holds the ultimate truth, so in the end, you've proven nothing.

But I gotta say that you crossed the line with that last statement, as every single female member in this board is going to eat you alive now.

Did you hear that, girls? He said you only exist to please men! Go get'im! >;D

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote][COLOR=Navy]This is why you called me "stupid" in my other thread even with my knowledgable replies. The reason you don't believe in God is because you're gay? I live in California & West Hollywood is the gay capital of America. Everywhere you go, you see a homosexual. What you explained isn't love but perversion. I believe people can change and I don't know how a homosexual can be born from a man & a woman. But if I were you I would go to great lengths in trying to convert into a heterosexual.

When a child is born into this world do you believe God would like this child to view homosexuality as being one with nature? I don't think so. He could have created Adam & Adolf if he wanted homosexuality in this world. If you believe in science that's even worse because there is no explanation for homosexuality.[/COLOR][/quote]
You can't 'convert' into heterosexuality. Where you get that flawed notion, I have no idea, but a true homosexual is homosexual to the core - it's not just a passing fad, it's not just in the mind, they are born like that. By telling him to 'convert' you've just revealed yourself as a bigot of the worst variety. Nice job. Now here's where I pull your argument apart.

Apparently, your God plans everyone's life from the onset - he has a plan for everyone, non? If homosexuality was such an afront to him, he wouldn't make people homo sexuals to begin with, would he? I mean, he wouldn't give men and women the desire to love their own gender if it was truely a disgusting a horribly deadly sin, it defies the point. It's like saying 'I want you in heaven, but I don't [i]really[/i].'

And don't feed me any bull about it being just because the person isn't Christian - someone can be born into a Christian family, have the requisite baptism and whatnot, and be the most Holy child they can be, yet still have desires for love and affection from their own gender. It's a source of much anguish for many, who just don't understand how they can be gay if they're such good Christians.

But whatever. That's just my two cents. Tonight I've seen a lot of stupidity, and this is about my breaking point. I won't be replying to you if you quote me, so don't bother.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aiyisha][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Arial]
You can't 'convert' into heterosexuality. Where you get that flawed notion, I have no idea, but a true homosexual is homosexual to the core - it's not just a passing fad, it's not just in the mind, they are born like that. By telling him to 'convert' you've just revealed yourself as a bigot of the worst variety. Nice job. Now here's where I pull your argument apart.[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]In the Holy Bible people aren't born homosexual. You just made your statement useless. A person that labels herself as the "Sexy Stocking Goddess" who was born in 1989 claims to understand homosexuality? Please, you're not even passed puberty. I'd literally tear you apart in debates in real life in front of large audiences. No wonder you like the small font because you don't want anyone to see your stupidty.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Apparently, your God plans everyone's life from the onset - he has a plan for everyone, non? If homosexuality was such an afront to him, he wouldn't make people homo sexuals to begin with, would he? I mean, he wouldn't give men and women the desire to love their own gender if it was truely a disgusting a horribly deadly sin, it defies the point. It's like saying 'I want you in heaven, but I don't [i]really[/i].' [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]Do you even understand what you're trying to imply? Your word isn't greater than God. If it is, did you create life? NO. God didn't create homosexuals, lol. How retarded. I shouldn't even respond to you because you "thought" God created homosexuals when SIN created homosexuals.[/COLOR]

[quote]And don't feed me any bull about it being just because the person isn't Christian - someone can be born into a Christian family, have the requisite baptism and whatnot, and be the most Holy child they can be, yet still have desires for love and affection from their own gender. It's a source of much anguish for many, who just don't understand how they can be gay if they're such good Christians.

But whatever. That's just my two cents. Tonight I've seen a lot of stupidity, and this is about my breaking point. I won't be replying to you if you quote me, so don't bother.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]It doesn't really matter because you thought in the 1800's we didn't have the machinery to create bones to this very day. That's just a classic nitwit remark. If humans were able to create metal in the BC years, how on Earth did you come up with that ridiculous statement? Yes, we can clone and yet we can't make bones, okay.

[/COLOR]

[quote name='Otaku America][color=Navy']...if I were you I would go to great lengths in trying to convert into a heterosexual.[/color][/quote] [font=Trebuchet MS]I hoped to get in before Sage here, because I could tell what effect that statement was going to have...

[b]Otaku America, [/b]I frankly don't care [b]what [/b]your beliefs are, they do [b]not [/b]give you the right to pass judgement in such a way. Have that view of homosexuality if you [b]really [/b]must, but [b]don't [/b]force it down other people's throats, please.

Now for all I know you mean well with your advice, so I'm just going to give you some back, and I hope you take it on board: whatever your intentions, and I have to hope they're good, you are coming off as awfully bigoted. Just try and read your posts objectively and think about whether they could be considered insulting to others before hitting the 'submit' button. You gain nothing by alienating people: if everyone sees you as a bigot they're not going to listen to you, and your valuable opinions will be lost.

Like I said in the dinosaur thread, let's try and keep the discussion [b]civil, [/b]please. I don't want two potentially interesting threads closed in the same day because of flaming.
[/font]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]I hoped to get in before Sage here, because I could tell what effect that statement was going to have...

[b]Otaku America, [/b]I frankly don't care [b]what [/b]your beliefs are, they do [b]not [/b]give you the right to pass judgement in such a way. Have that view of homosexuality if you [b]really [/b]must, but [b]don't [/b]force it down other people's throats, please.

Now for all I know you mean well with your advice, so I'm just going to give you some back, and I hope you take it on board: whatever your intentions, and I have to hope they're good, you are coming off as awfully bigoted. Just try and read your posts objectively and think about whether they could be considered insulting to others before hitting the 'submit' button. You gain nothing by alienating people: if everyone sees you as a bigot they're not going to listen to you, and your valuable opinions will be lost.

Like I said in the dinosaur thread, let's try and keep the discussion [b]civil, [/b]please. I don't want two potentially interesting threads closed in the same day because of flaming.
[/font][/QUOTE]
[color=Navy]Yes, this is actually the first time I posted like this. When people object my opinions with no kind of structure to hold them to their words, it just becomes irrirtating. Just look at the Dinosaur thread for proof. I wouldn't mind if they believed in dinosaurs but when someone retaliates with the "I'm stupid," remark I just hold their words as a grain of salt. Thus, I lose respect for the posters.

In that Dinosaur thread I pretty much kept my cool, a few people got tempermental. All my posts today were backed up by strong beliefs and understanding of the Scriptures.
[/color]
[quote=Sage]I'm sorry, but you [i]proved[/i] nothing except your own close-mindness. Everything you said was based on the Bible, which you obviously hold as some sort of a Zealot's Guide to the Universe. You fail to realize that not everybody thinks it holds the ultimate truth, so in the end, you've proven nothing.

But I gotta say that you crossed the line with that last statement, as every single female member in this board is going to eat you alive now.

Did you hear that, girls? He said you only exist to please men! Go get'im! >;D[/quote] [color=Navy]Yes, the dinosaurs thing was a joke but women being created for men wasn't.

[b][i]On the ground that it was not good for man to be alone, God resolved to make "a helper" that was suitable for him.[/i][/b][/color]

[color=Navy]Edit: I haven't slept for 52 hours and that's why my posting style last night was sloppy/immature. I'm going to rest and formulate better posts in a few days. Sleepy Alter-Ego = The Law.[/color]

[b][color=DarkGreen][font=Verdana][size=1]Otaku America, be careful not to double post. If you have something to add to your post, hit the 'edit' button in the bottom right corner.[/size][/font][/color][/b]

[SIZE=1]How can anyone have a decent conversation with you OA if you keep calling people uneducated and dismissing their posts as BS just because they have an opinion that differs from your own perceptions.

I someone who was homosexual attempted to deny themselves and have a heterosexual relationship then no doubt they would be extremely unhappy. Many can fall into depression and even suicide because of these warring emotions. How can you condemn anyone to that sort of life? What happened to tolerance and unity, of 'love thy neighbour' and such.

You say there would have been paradise if sins such as homosexuality and perversion among others had not come into being, I say there would be paradise if these things did exist but we all were able to accept eachothers differences and give praise to god for giving us such a diverse and interesting race. Homosexuality doesn't harm anyone.

As a side note: God created Adam and Eve yes? Okay, Adam and Eve begat Cain and Abel, Cain killed Abel and now there is only Cain. Where did the rest of man kind come from? Don't you find that odd?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]Let's try and keep the discussion [b]civil, [/b']please. I don't want two potentially interesting threads closed in the same day because of flaming.[/font][/quote][color=#6699cc]I am going to add that personal attacks [i]are ban-worthy offenses.[/i]

So watch it. [/color]

[quote name='Otaku America][color=darkblue']You misunderstood what I said. When a gay couple gets together what else can you have besides having sinful pleasures for one another?[/color][/quote][color=#6699cc]*raises hand* Would you say the same thing for an unmarried heterosexual couple?

Because I totally get together with my boyfriend all the time without any sinful pleasures going on. I mean, gosh. It's not all about sex, lol.

Oh, and sin didn't create homosexuals. They're [i]people[/i], for crying out loud. Not embodiments of evil. Sheesh. I can't believe you said that.[/color]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]I doesn't appear that your timeline appears. Well, not for me anyways. [I]"Due bandwhidth limitations hotlinking images has been disabled"[/I]

As long as it contributes to the discussion (which I'm hoping it does) I don't think spam is an issue.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Hack Helba][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]I doesn't appear that your timeline appears. Well, not for me anyways. [I]"Due bandwhidth limitations hotlinking images has been disabled"[/I]

As long as it contrbutes to the discussion (which I'm hoping it does) I don't think spam is an issue.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

Hmm... Ok, well, it was a piture of a mathematical timeline with an arrow pointing to the begginging, and it said 'Begining of Time' and than about 75% through it points and says 'You are Here' and than at the end of the timeline it says 'Now.' I felt it was appropriate because religious-based ignorance was supposed to have been left behind centuries ago.[/COLOR]

Since I am coming in late, it is difficult to respond to everyone's posts, so I will just state what I think and leave it at that.

- This was a heinous act.

- I am not homosexual, so I am not partial because of it.

- GLBT rights is an issue I support whole heartedly. Full rights for all.

- Homosexuality is not wrong. Some religions may think so, but they need to remember not to force themselves on others, just as they wouldn't want someone else's religions/beliefs forced on them.

- Homosexuals don't force others to be homosexual. They don't force people to watch them having sex. So you can not say they force it on you.

- Whomever you love is a personal issue. No government or religion should be involved.

- Morals can and do exist outside of religion.

[quote name='Otaku America']I'm not wrong as I'm about to prove it. [/quote] "Prove" it by blatantly misinterpreting a literary text, okay. I've done some spin-doctoring in my day...but at least my spin-doctoring had a basis in the text.

[quote]The Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil was in the garden to test Adam & Eve. This was God's test to see his plan for creation. The serpent tempted them and thus, everything that is sin, what we suffer to this very day, deformity, sickness, murder, etc, etc. Thus mortality was born, Adam & Eve were created Immortal before they ate from the Tree with the Knowledge of good & evil.

If this would have never happen which I shouldn't be saying, there would be no homosexuality, everything would be perfect. The point for Adam & Eve was to be fruitful & multiply. Since mortality is cursed upon us some of our genetic codes were simply altered. That one fruit made them ask questions they shouldn't have, "Why am I naked?"

We only know the beginning of mankind but we do not know anything about the angels in heaven or what happened there or even why there was a choice for Evil in the first place.[/quote] So you're saying the punishment for Adam and Eve's transgressions in the Garden of Eden are genetic deformities, sickness, murder, death? The book of Genesis states otherwise:

[quote name='Bible.com][b]Unto the woman[/b] he said, I will greatly [b]multiply thy sorrow and thy conception[/b]; [b]in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee[/b]. 17 [b]And unto Adam[/b] he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: [b]cursed is the ground for thy sake[/b]; [b]in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life[/b]; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 [b]In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread[/b'], till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.[/quote] OA, it's stated explicitly in Genesis what the punishment was, and there's no confusion about it. I've bolded the exact lines. There are no genetic disorders from GoE. I'll help you out by "translating" the bolded portions.

Eve is punished by having painful childbirth.

Adam is punished by being forced to do strenuous labor for the rest of his life, until the day he dies.

You may argue that Eve's painful childbirth is a "genetic disorder," but that's not arguing your original "point," that all disorders today are by-products of the story of GoE. And by the way, as of today, there has still been no evidence that homosexuality is genetic.

If homosexuality were genetic, entire family trees would have more homosexual branches. So attempting to establish homosexuality as a "genetic disorder" is a dumb idea to begin with, and trying to link it as a punishment for Eve plucking an apple...is even a dumber idea. Also, nowhere in the GoE is there any mention made of homosexuality as a punishment, so nice try in playing the spin doctor--but there's no spin possible here. There isn't any gray area in terms of the contextual content of GoE.

Now, regarding [i]actual[/i] genetic disorders, trisomy, monosomy, Down Syndrome, Tourette's Syndrome...you're not going to find anything of that nature in GoE, because genetic disorders weren't a punishment for Adam and Eve's transgressions, which is obvious from just reading Genesis.

[quote]You misunderstood what I said. When a gay couple gets together what else can you have besides having sinful pleasures for one another? [/quote] It's called pure love, and you should talk to a few gay couples, by the way. Sage is entirely correct here. Fundamentally, a gay relationship is no different than a straight relationship. Gay partners desire happiness, security, affection--the very same things a straight partner wants.

[quote]When a child is born into this world do you believe God would like this child to view homosexuality as being one with nature? I don't think so. He could have created Adam & Adolf if he wanted homosexuality in this world. If you believe in science that's even worse because there is no explanation for homosexuality.[/quote] Maybe God isn't as big of a dick as you (want to) think he is. Maybe he actually loves them Queer Eye for the Straight Guy fems! You know, what if the entire Bible (including GoE) wasn't really what God intended anyway? I mean...what if God actually loves the Rainbow Coalition? Maybe he doesn't wear robes all the time, instead decked out in the latest high fashion and rhine-studded Versace leather vests?

You say that God doesn't want homosexuals...but what basis is there for your assessment? An ancient literary text written by humans and "inspired" by God?

Yeah. What if the actual God is a 3-foot tall, hairy, malformed bisexual leather slave Gnome? What if your entire upbringing and your vision of God is actually incorrect? What if what you think God wants is actually just the agenda of a handful of long-dead humans?

[quote]That's why I stated that we face deformities & the like. Life was created in the form of Adam & Eve so it's the only natural flow on how this civilization should be.[/quote] I refer you to where I [i]quoted[/i] the Book of Genesis and used [i]the Bible itself[/i] to prove you [i]wrong[/i].

[quote]I thought my neighbor was gay. He totally fit the gay profile since he was born but when he was pressured in High School he just totally switched. An alter-ego just formed right in front of me. I can't even picture a child at the age of 5 to act homosexual.[/quote] Irrelevant tangents are fun!

[quote]Homosexuals don't seem to cause any crime like heterosexuals[/quote] Let me guess why. Because all of them black ghetto, doo-rag peeps be killin theys homeys in da hood, and the gays simply don't have the time to do some killin because they're too busy having an Eye for the Straight Guys' fashion sense or lack thereof? Shi'foo, your viewpoint is faaaaaaabulouuuuuussss!!!

[quote]Simply because it doesn't look right.[/quote] So...if something doesn't "look right," we can go ahead and destroy it, or attack it, and so on? Cool. I think George W. Bush doesn't look right. He looks like a frigging monkey in a suit. I'm going to go attack him. And you know, Jerry Falwell looks incredibly wrong, so he's next on my hit list. And...Karl Rove looks like a penis with a little hat on, so I'll pop him third. Care to join me, since those three clearly don't "look right"?

[quote]The simple fact is, women were created for men. If men were created for men, then you'd have dinosaurs.[/QUOTE] Simple fact...yeah, most of religious doctrine is pretty damn simple.

But Velociraptors would be animals in bed, though! It'd be good, hard, rough sex. Yum! Who doesn't like some heavy scratching? I know I'm kinky! Who's with me?!? We'll get some dinosaur lovin! And dino tongues are probably insanely long and powerful, ladies!

And plus, what do dinosaurs have to do with anything here?

[quote name='OA][color=Navy']I'd literally tear you apart in debates in real life in front of large audiences.[/color][/quote] Learn what "literally" actually means before using it in a sentence. You're trying to sound superior...but you're making a huge semantical mistake.

[quote name='OA][color=Navy']But as a religous person, God created Adam & Eve not Adam & Eva.[/color][/quote] If you're going to use childish, sophomoric, sing-songy insults, at least get it right:

"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and [i]Steve[/i]."

I don't know which is more offensive. Your attitude or your literary incompetence.

Oh, and by the way...Adam's rib. Not his kidney. Or maybe you have a theory Eve was actually born out of his spleen?

[QUOTE]And by the way, as of today, there has still been no evidence that homosexuality is genetic.
[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

That isn't entirly true, actualy. Recent dissections (In some obscure University or somthing) of straight men and women, and homosexual men found that there was a small part of the brain that was larger in Homosexual men, and that the womans was much larger than the men. It's probably producing horomones, and that they are designed to attract somone to whichever sex. When homosexual women were disected, they found the part of the brain was much smaller. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]
[quote name='Lore][color=#6699cc'] It's not all about sex, lol..[/color][/quote]
Quiet. Sara, you sex fiend.

[quote name='Otaku America][COLOR=Navy']When a gay couple gets together what else can you have besides having sinful pleasures for one another?[/COLOR][/quote]

I guess it all really depends on how you define "pleasures" holding hands can be pleasurable, so can cuddlin' Just because you're gay does NOT mean that you're always having "sinful pleasures". Of course, you believe it to be sinful to begin with because they're gay, and you're obviously opposed to that.

I really can't continue this without repeating what one has already said, but I stand right beside Raiyuu when he says..[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Raiyuu]][FONT=Trebuchet MS']Otaku America, I frankly don't care what your beliefs are, they do not give you the right to pass judgement in such a way. Have that view of homosexuality if you really must, but don't force it down other people's throats, please.[/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]P.S. I finally know what Siren's banner is from, Mwuahaha.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] First of all...I was always under the impression that it was gay sex that was considered sinful by Christians, not being gay in itself. And that would make sense, since the actual sex would be going against God's wishes for humans to be fruitful (what a fun word) and multiply. Am I right here? Anyone?[/color]

[i]I'd literally tear you apart in debates in real life in front of large audiences.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] And I think this where the problem with your argument starts, Otaku America. While I can do nothing about your core feelings on homosexuality, I think it would be unwise to bring such a huge religious overtone into an official debate (such as a debate tournament). As far as I'm concerned, I don't think it's allowed for anyone to start quoting the Bible or anything at debate tournaments...(and it would be impossible anyway, seeing as most of them are composed of you reading as much information as fast as you can. I always thought that was incredibly dumb, I ended up doing speech debates). While it's very acceptable that you have Christian-based morals, arguing over gut feelings such as this is...pretty dumb, to say it bluntly. [/color]