OtakuBoards

Guilty Gears

Chaos Eidolon

I have Guilty Gear Isuka. I loathe it. The gameplay doesn't seem smooth enough for me. All the characters just seem to clunky.

I'd rather play my other fighting games like Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 5, and Narutimetto Hero 2.

-ArV

[COLOR=Navy]Itsuka was really goo but the best will stand Guilty Gear X2 that is the best PS2 or X-Box, X-Box gets the slight edge because its online & its soo fun there are sum ppl online not like Halo 2 ppl but a nice variety of ppl so thatz good but Asuka could had don a better job hopefully the new Guilty Gear will kill Isuka makin it 20x better also if any1 plays Guilty Gear X2 online on the X-box I challeng u my name is MADRPG420 thatz my temp name but still hope to fight you soon[/COLOR]

I've purchased every Guilty Gear title with the exception of Isuka. I've heard that the four player aspect wasn't pulled off well because the game required you to press a button to turn around. That, coupled with the four-player aspect, immediately destroyed my interest.

I found Guilty Gear X2 to be a great improvement for the series and all upcoming Guilty Gear titles are looking interesting. I know I'll pick up the PSP version and the new PS2 sequel is looking beautiful. With the lack of new, original, Street Fighter releases over the years, Guilty Gear has really become the premiere 2-D fighting series in the US and is still an example of what can be achieved in 2-D with powerful technology behind it. I wish more people would check it out. Especially at its current price.

[quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=trebuchet ms']I still have the original Guilty Gear released on the PlayStation several years ago. I hated it, but I'm willing to give it another chance once I can raise some money... I'm in between jobs. :([/font][/quote]

To be fair, the series has improved dramatically since then.

If you're interested in getting rid of that, I'll buy it off you. My copy disappeared.

[quote name='Charles']I've purchased every Guilty Gear title with the exception of Isuka. I've heard that the four player aspect wasn't pulled off well because the game required you to press a button to turn around. That, coupled with the four-player aspect, immediately destroyed my interest. [/quote] [COLOR=blue]I've been a fan for as long as you have. Let me tell you right now: it takes A HELLUVA LOT OF TIME to get used to the controls and how to block in Isuka. However, when you do get the very advanced and not user-friendly control style down, it is a blast to play.

Also, the extras of the game really make it hard to stop playing. The neatest feature is RoboKy, where you can customize him with anyone's move. Basically, a "make your own character type" of thing. I think it's the first time any game has included something like that.

I have to say, the Guilty Gear series has always impressed me. For a fighting game, their story is fantastic. The character designs are so refreshing. When I first saw Dizzy, I thought, "OMFG! That's ingenious! Why didn't anyone come up with juxtaposed wings before?!"[/COLOR]

i agree with azurewolf, one of the things i like the most about GG is the character designs, there so original, and beautiful, i bought the artbook for it, and ill spend hours going through it just gazing at how clever some of the chars are. the storyline is also well done for fighter, i really enjoy the story mode with its multiple paths and all...i havent got isuka yet, cause i dont have a ps2, ive heard its comming to x-box though...i havent played online either, although it looks like a blast ><