OtakuBoards

Why is anime considered nerdy or dorkish?

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen

[quote name='ShonenSamuraiMugen']I guess you're right too though... I admit it...I watch spongebob and garfield! LOL, but I can even use a good laugh everyonce and a while.[/quote]

No shame in that. Spongebob is one of the most awesome things on American TV currently. It's no Fullmetal Alchemist, but it's downright hillarious, and since being funny is all the show ever tried to be I'd consider it a good show.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People look at anime as childish because it's animation, people need to realize that just because it's a cartoon dosen't mean that it's for kids. Most anime's as you all know aren't for kids, they'd scar them at an early age or desensitize them to violence though. It's just like the video game industry, until some big scandal like GTA San Andeas' Hot Coffee mod, then people will see anime as a childish things and the people who enjoy it as freaks. :animesigh

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
I barely ever talk about it....I don't know any smart dorks that like it either. Heck, even Napoleon Dynamite didnt like it!!! Are we bigger dorks or what? Just kidding. Anyway, Anime does rule. Anime's my life. I'm not that big of a dork! I've gotten 4 girlfriends this year, broke up with three. How many dorks do that? LOL. Noone is really a dork, just different. If I got a nickle everytime a coolguy got called a dork, I'd be filthy rich. Your only cool if you don't try to be. That's my opinion.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I so don?t think that Anime and (or) Manga are nerdy it's just something I love too much but I guess that could be blocking my view of things.

I think that ppl that say these things probably don?t even know what it is.
They probably call it lame but then they go home and watch it on T.V!!!

Well that?s just my 2-cents [/FONT] [/SIZE]