OtakuBoards

What if you could have any Anime turned into a movie?

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
If you could have any anime turned in to a film what would it be(vice versa too.)? The Ring was just a manga turned into two award winning films. Samurai 7 was a film turned into a great anime! What would you want if you could this with any anime or film or novel?

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Good Answer...They could probably get Salem from Sabrina to play the cat..LOL. Got any movies you would like to see as an anime? Harry Potter would make a good anime, though thats my opinion.

Outlaw star of course. I think it has all the right qualities to have a movie that takes place after the last episode. The last episode leaves you with so many unanswered questions like [spoiler] What will happen to the galactic lay-line. What will Gene do with his life. That prophecy that was talked about (Gene being the red haired man with the caster) was it fulfilled, or will it continue. [/spoiler]

Movies have the luxury of explaining things the animes don't. Of course not all movies do that. Some anime movies just whip out a whole different idea that involves the anime plot but doesn't move forward with it. If outlaw star made a movie, then I'd want it to continue with the plot, not just throw something at you that doesn't have anything to do with the plot of the anime.

I think that made sense :animeswea . By the way I thought I heard something about a movie for outlaw star being made a while back, but i guess that was just a rumor then.

Good Answer...They could probably get Salem from Sabrina to play the cat..LOL. lol, it wouldn't work to well because the cat is orange. lol ! I don't have any movies that I think would be good anime, but that's me. SilentSecurity I forgot all about that. What a good idea, it did leave you with so many unanswered questions that it would be great to have a movie. It would tie up all the lose ends. And about a movie coming out it must have been a rumor. It happens all the time.

Evangelion! They're already working on a live action Eva movie but if I could I would make it already be done so I could see it NOW! I think it will be very interesting to see what they do to fit Eva into a movie or movies. I hope they cast people who really fit the the characters. But you know, it's going to have a very western taste to it (if they ever get around to actually making it!) I hope they do a good job!

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
i heard some rumors of Lupin the 3rd Movie and a DBZ movie, but thats been a while... so I guess they didn't start on them... But I would love a DBZ movie... Or better yet, A FMA Movie! FMA sorta didn't end just right...

Cowboy Bebop definitely. THier hasn't been any noir type films for awhile and this would be good as noir with a little bit of comedy, also the action scnes would be perfect for live-action, they aren't totally over the top. Also they could continue the story after the last episode (even though he probably died) as a sort of what if? and of course, as shown with the anime movie, they could just add it in to the regular story line.

[quote name='Howlingvampire4']I'd have to say that they should make a Hellsing movie, and have Johhny Depp play Alucard, he'd be perfect. I'd think that'd be the BEST vampire movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Almost everyone I've talked to thinks that Johhny Depp should play Alucard. It was even in Anime Insider sometime last year.

[quote name='SilentSecurity']They're making a FMA movie.[/quote]
[I]Made [/I]an FmA movie. Though, I'd like it if there was another FmA movie based on the manga. The story would be so different and I'd sure like the characters more than their angsty selves in the anime plot line

[QUOTE]
I'd have to say that they should make a Hellsing movie, and have Johhny Depp play Alucard, he'd be perfect. I'd think that'd be the BEST vampire movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
I'd rather not have him be Alucard. He's already everything else. I need a Depp break. There are loads of other actors, some of which would probably be good for the role (I'm not sure who exactly as I've not thought about it before). I know that as long as the actor's good it shouldn't matter (and I think Depp's pretty nice), but I'm really sick of him at the moment.

[quote name='Hayama']Evangelion! They're already working on a live action Eva movie but if I could I would make it already be done so I could see it NOW! I think it will be very interesting to see what they do to fit Eva into a movie or movies. I hope they cast people who really fit the the characters. But you know, it's going to have a very western taste to it (if they ever get around to actually making it!) I hope they do a good job![/quote]

Rei will be renamed to Ray. This is typical of the changes they are making. I think the original idea of Evangelion will just be twisted beyond recognition, I don't think I look forward to NGE having a western spin.

[edit] A Hellsing movie would rock!

[QUOTE=Lindus][I]Made [/I]an FmA movie. Though, I'd like it if there was another FmA movie based on the manga. The story would be so different and I'd sure like the characters more than their angsty selves in the anime plot line

I'd rather not have him be Alucard. He's already everything else. I need a Depp break. There are loads of other actors, some of which would probably be good for the role (I'm not sure who exactly as I've not thought about it before). I know that as long as the actor's good it shouldn't matter (and I think Depp's pretty nice), but I'm really sick of him at the moment.[/QUOTE]

They're making another FMA movie. It's not scheduled to be in the US for a year or two to come though.

You're right though, Depp is getting old. He's been a chocolate factory owner, book writer, and a pirate, and that's just recently. If Depp doesn't play the part who would, he fits it perfectly.

That's straying from the topic though. If there is a movie to be made Outlaw Star or Hellsing (with Depp) would have to be my choice. There are a few others (trigun, Eva, I have a fricking laundry list peoples) but those two would definatly be the ones I'd want to see first.

[quote name='ForgottenRaider']Rei will be renamed to Ray. This is typical of the changes they are making. I think the original idea of Evangelion will just be twisted beyond recognition, I don't think I look forward to NGE having a western spin. [/quote]

I know... :animesigh

But I'd like to see it anyway. If they don't change too much I'll be fine and if they change too mucht they'll be slaughtered by EVA fans everywhere.

I think that if they advertised it as something full of action and then let the average american figure out the plot AFTER they got to the theatre, they could keep the japanese stuff (setting and names). Honestly I think changing the spelling of a name is the most pointless thing ever, but i've seen it done before! Lets just hope they don't do something so stupid.

[quote name='skyatyourfeet']Azu Manga Daioh[/quote][color=#6699cc]Hello, and welcome to OtakuBoards. Please read our [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/url] before you continue posting. Posts containing of a single word, title, or sentence fragment are not allowed. Please follow the example set by most other people in this thread and expand on your idea a bit. Thanks. -Lore

On topic, I think I'd like to see an anime interpretation of [i]Kill Bill[/i]. The original is quite stunning, and while I wouldn't want it remade, an animated companion piece would be pretty sweet. Something in the flavor of the [i]Animatrix[/i] would fit very well (with different chapters being in different styles) and it would be cool to get some more story. (Vernita Green, anyone?)[/color]

What can I say, I am such an old school anime fan that I have to say what has been said for over 20 years: Macross.

Macross has a little bit of everything in it to be enjoyable to the masses. Romance, action, drama, comedy, sci-fi and of course some great mecha! It would definatly be a movie a guy to take his girl to since the romance in the movie would keep her happy while the action of the battles would keep any action movie guy happy. It's a win/win situation!

The only major concern I have is the same of that of any rabid fan of an anime franchise. Will it be true to the original? Much talk has already floated around message boards about the changes to Evangelion. Names of characters, places and what not. If your favorite series or film were to be made into a live action would it still retain the same fire and feel as the original? Think about all the otaku Lord of the Ring fans or Harry Potter... they will find a million and one flaws in the movies since they are compairing them to the original, which is the books. What glaring mistake would the anime fan face when watching a live action version of their favorite series?

I really would love to see a live action version of Macross but I am also very afraid to see what changes would occur if it were to ever be made.

Guest mew pan
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta]I don't know if it be good or not but since it's one of my favorites um, Tokyo Mew Mew![/COLOR][/FONT] :catgirl:

• 1 month later...