OtakuBoards

Game into Anime

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
If you could have any game turned into an anime, what would it be?(or vice versa if you prefer so) It could be any game or anime.

Game into Anime:

I'd like to see a Legend of Dragoon prequel. You never get to see how the originals met their dragons, how things were during the Wingly's rule, or how the war against the Wingly's actually went. You know how it all ended, and that's it. I'd actually prefer it if it were a game, but I sure as hell wouldn't gripe over an anime.

Anime into game:

Mostly, I'd like to see an Armored Core style Neon Genesis Evangelion game in America, complete with customizable Evas. You can't tell me that wouldn't be awesome... you can learn new ways to use your AT Field (like a wave, a shield, or a focused blast of energy), spend money to research new weapons for Eva (like a progressive sword as compared to a progressive knife, or a sniper rifle), and customize your Eva's armor. This game wouldn't work unless the controls and graphics were top notch, and it would have to have some length and story to it (both in the main game and in the extras), but if they could wrap that all up into one package, that game would be downright awesome.

[quote name='Bloodseeker']Mostly, I'd like to see an Armored Core style Neon Genesis Evangelion game in America, complete with customizable Evas. You can't tell me that wouldn't be awesome...[/quote]

Yes yes! An Eva game like that would be AMAZING!

Also, I think that you could probably turn CLAMP's Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles into a cool RPG. You could pic which character to be (Syaoran, Sakura, Fai, Kurogane) and do a turn based combat against different monsters in different worlds. Once you fight though the monsters or puzzle or whatever, you get a feather and you can move on. It could be really cool if done right! :catgirl:

OH! I forgot! I want to see a Zelda anime! There may have been an old one before but I want a new one with really cool animation. Link is awesome!

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Yeah games like those would be awesome as long as they're not messed up like DBZ:Sagas was... I would love to see both cool games like that! What about a Samurai Champloo game or Final Fantasy Ultimate RPG? Those would be awesome too! :animeswea :animesmil

Hmmm..
[B]
Game to Anime[/B]

I'd love to see "[B]Golden Sun[/B]" turned into an Anime.
The game was so great. One of those that grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go.
(Er, crude remark, sorry.)

I mean, couldn't you guys imagine it?
PS: If you never played Golden Sun, Borrow/Buy a GBA and go BUY IT.
OFF EBAY OR SOMETHING, OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND FORCE YOU TO WATCH BARNEY. I know I know, cruel ain't it?
[B]
Anime to Game?[/B]

[B]Hellsing [/B]most likely. I meant, think about it, it'd be a cool game! Like GTA or something
:animesmil

Nah, Hellsing is that, er, well..lets classify it. It COULD be RPG, but they'd have to tweak it alot, not a fighter, maybe a first person shooter/melee battle game .

:animeangr

hmm...so many choices, so I will say my top 3

1. [B]Killer7[/B]- this is perfectly suited as an anime, their are even anime cutscenes in it showing certain battle scenes. The graphics are cel-shaded, so they are close to an anime style, and they have an amazingly wierd but great story line.

2. [B]Metal Gear Solid[/B]- a great game with an awesome story, it is very heavily influenced by anime ( snake's contact buddy is called Otacon) and the cutscenes show this. Also I would like an expansion of the story line to see what happens after the second game.

3. [B]Devil May Cry[/B]- This game and it's main character are so friggin cool, their has to be an anime. The over-the-top action is perfect for an anime, and so is the overly cocky character

My anime to game would have to be Escaflowne, it would be a good ZOE-esque game.

Yeah Devil May Cry would be an awesome choice for an anime. I think almost everyone single final fantasy could be turned into an anime, if not everyone than at least VII and up. They have everything you need for the storyline of an anime. Heroic characters, love, fighting, it would be great!

On the topic of turning games into shows I'd love to see them turn God of War into either a TV mini series or a movie. As long as they don't screw it up, it would be an awesome movie.

What about Halo. Yes they're making a movie, but what if they made an anime. Would anybody besides me want to see a Halo anime. Seriously, it would be sweet. You have aliens, guns, and killing, what else do you need in an action anime?

[COLOR=FireBrick][SIZE=1]^ A good plot?

[quote name='Xy GGu']How about Star Ocean 2? Awesome story! Cool stuff! Anime-esk already!...[/quote]I think they already have done an anime based on Star Ocean 2 (Second Story, amirite?). The title's [b]Star Ocean EX[/b] and from what I've heard, it covers the whole of Disc 1. The character renders look pretty neat; they even managed to make Ashton look rad.

[b]Fear Effect[/b] would make one action-packed anime. You got characters with great attitudes, a unique storyline and room for fanservice. Mmm hmm, I figure it'd be like Cowboy Bebop, only grittier .[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I don't know that I'd say most anime people seem to like have good plots anyway lol.

[QUOTE=Killer7]hmm...so many choices, so I will say my top 3

1. [B]Killer7[/B]- this is perfectly suited as an anime, their are even anime cutscenes in it showing certain battle scenes. The graphics are cel-shaded, so they are close to an anime style, and they have an amazingly wierd but great story line..[/QUOTE]

There's a few I'd probably say, but honestly, this one seems like the best fit and the only one I can think of that would work perfectly the way it is now.

I'd say Megami Tensei otherwise, but they've done some of those and they're all pretty terrible. Such a shame. :o

[quote name='Little Slugger']If you could have any game turned into an anime, what would it be?(or vice versa if you prefer so) It could be any game or anime.[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][B]Game into anime:[/B]

Guilty Gear X franchise. Everything about this game is anime-stereotypical. I'm not going to elaborate any further because the key word here is "anime-stereotypical."

[B]Anime into game:[/B]

Kenshin. Story-driven & plenty of room for action sequences. Kenshin would be best served as a hack-n-slash game. Just like the Dreacast game, Berserk Gut's Rage.[/COLOR]

i don't know if there is already an anime version of kingdom hearts although my sister tells mr about a kingdom hearts manga on one of the websites she goes on but it would be interestiong to have a kingdom hearts anime (if there already isn't one) but i'm not sure how they would do it so i'm also not sure if it would be good but it would be cool to see.

Many ppl might not no about dis game,but i think Lunar silver star story should b an anime(dis is only if [B]ur into [/B] RPG's) But yea it would b so cool if there was a final fantasy & Ledgend of dragoon Anime but da final fantasy 7 movie is out (i think :rolleyes: )But i think most rpg's should b an anime(they hav 2 b real good game and a favorite one as well) :animeswea Oh yea if ur into hot gimmick i think dat would b a real good anime too

Guest aoimizuneko
[COLOR=Blue]I'm not sure. I'd probably like to see the Final Fantasy games as an anime. They have nice story lines they can follow from the games and continue to seem to be able to come up with newer ones. I've seen a Final Fantasy movie, but I'm not sure if there was an anime for it to begin with.
Then again, the stories are long and they change the characters with each game. Anyway, I'd probably still like to see that as an anime.[/COLOR]

[quote name='kagomefruitcup]Many ppl might not no about dis game,but i think Lunar silver star story should b an anime(dis is only if [B]ur into [/B] RPG's) But yea it would b so cool if there was a final fantasy & Ledgend of dragoon Anime but da final fantasy 7 movie is out (i think :rolleyes: )But i think most rpg's should b an anime(they hav 2 b real good game and a favorite one as well) :animeswea Oh yea if ur into hot gimmick i think dat would b a real good anime too[/QUOTE][QUOTE=narutobleachfan']i don't know if there is already an anime version of kingdom hearts although my sister tells mr about a kingdom hearts manga on one of the websites she goes on but it would be interestiong to have a kingdom hearts anime (if there already isn't one) but i'm not sure how they would do it so i'm also not sure if it would be good but it would be cool to see.[/quote][color=#6699cc]Both of you need to work on your post quality. Your posts in this thread are bordering on the incoherent, and if you don't adjust, you may be banned.

Kagomefruitcup, please make use of end punctuation. (Periods, exclamation points, etc.) Capitalise your I's, and try to minimise the netspeak (ppl, dis, 2, etc.) While I understand that this style can be common in chat rooms, the beauty of a [i]message board[/i] is that speed of typing is not an issue.

Narutobleachfan, your posts would be wonderful if you used more punctuation. As it is, what I've quoted is one big run-on sentence. It gets hard to follow, and leaves the reader short of breath. Please consider integrating some commas or periods into your paragraphs. I think everyone involved would be pleased.[/color]

I completely agree with a Evangelion game, and also a Metal Gear Solid anime (or perhaps just a live action movie?).

Well, my suggestion seems kind of lame, but as I was looking around through my games I thought it would've been all right to see GTA made into an anime (or again, a live action movie or something). And maybe see a Trigun game with the same type of engine used for the Gungrave game.

[edit] For the GTA anime, maybe follow what happens to Tommy Vercetti or CJ after the games, or even just transform the game story to an anime.

Guest abreywind maste
there are many games that exist that should be made into an anime movie or show but have not been The game I would seriously want to change into an anime is tales of symphonia that would be so cool
And anime into game is vandread

[quote name='abreywind maste']The game I would seriously want to change into an anime is tales of symphonia that would be so cool[/quote]

I think the exact same thing every time that I watch the opening cutscene... maybe they could pull the same thing that I've been hearing about with Xenosaga... make the anime go in a completely seperate direction from the game after the first major events. (they'd absolutely have to keep all of the game's characters around though... well, maybe they could do without Zelos, but definitely keep the rest of them)

Guest abreywind maste
I think Zelos is an important character he is afer all the chosen one of thetealla and he was the one who betrayed the whole group

Zelos also makes some parts of the game very funny. All the characters are important to the plot

Did you know wolf's rain and tales of symphonia have the same art director

[color=#6699cc]I've merged your posts. Please read what I've posted below. It is vital that you read our rules before you continue posting; if you do not adjust your posting style, you will be banned. -Lore.[/color]

[QUOTE=abreywind maste]there are many games that exist that should be made into an anime movie or show but have not been

The game I would seriously want to change into an anime is tales of symphonia that would be so cool

And anime into game is vandread[/QUOTE][color=#6699cc]Welcome to OtakuBoards. Double posting is not allowed here: if you discover that you have forgotten to say something, use the "edit" button at the bottom of your post. That will allow you to add more information, change the format, correct spellling errors, etc.

Please read our [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/url] before you continue posting. Punctuation would make your posts much more enjoyable to read. Thanks. -Lore[/color]

[quote name='kagomefruitcup]Many ppl might not no about dis game,but i think Lunar silver star story should b an anime(dis is only if [B]ur into [/B'] RPG's) But yea it would b so cool if there was a final fantasy & Ledgend of dragoon Anime but da final fantasy 7 movie is out (i think :rolleyes: )But i think most rpg's should b an anime(they hav 2 b real good game and a favorite one as well) :animeswea Oh yea if ur into hot gimmick i think dat would b a real good anime too[/quote]

Eternal Blue >>>>>>> Silver Star Story

For starters, EB has much better characters. Does SSS have anyone that can match up to the coolness of Ronfar? I don't think so. Are any of them as likable Leo and his super-hero alter ego? Hell no. Are any of them as badass as Gene? Nope. Do any of them add as much character to skits as Lumina? Nash comes close sometimes, but still no! You could make an argument as to why Nall is better than Ruby, but I thought that Ruby was the more entertaining character, especially when she kept on burning Ronfar's eyebrows off! Plus, I'd all but forgot about half of the cast in SSS. The only ones that I didn't need to look at an FAQ to remember were Alex, Luna, Ramus (I only remembered him because he was pathetic), and Jessica. I can't say the same thing for EB.

Alex > Hiro, but that's it. But that's still not saying much, seeing as Hiro was easily the dullest character in your party on EB.

Further more, the relationships between the characters were more interesting in EB. [spoiler]The writers made sure that Hiro developed, at the very least, a well defined relationship with all of the main characters, which is once again more than we say about SSS. Several of the relationships were very dynamic, such as the gradually increasing bonds between Hiro and Ronfar and Hiro and Leo. On top of all this, Ronfar's passes at the female members of the party are always funny.[/spoiler]

Then there's the story. [spoiler]We know that Zophar is a much bigger, badder villain than Ghaleon. Ghaleon is Zophar's b*tch for 3/4 of the game, after all. And even when he stops working for him, its not like he leaves with a bang or anything. Adding to it, the pasts and backstories for each of the main characters are much more detailed than in SSS. SSS gave you a brief rundown of each characters orgins, and that was it. Some characters you learned a bit more about than others, but it was always still pretty vague. EB goes full out and makes sure that you know what went on the past of each of the party members. Actually, a fair amount of the game is based around the main characters settling their old problems. Once again, that puts the EB crew a few notches above the SSS crew in my book.[/spoiler]

Yeah... I liked Eternal Blue more.

Ohh Bloodseeker took one of my suggestions. Lunar did have an anime though but it's fairly rare and I believe it was based on the Magic School game. But SSSC and EBC would make better anime anyway. I personally like SSSC much better due to difficultly level, characters (Nash! Kyle! Mary Sue...I mean Luna!) and everything felt, I dunno, more fun. Don't get me wrong, these are two of my all time favorite games and picking one over the other is hard but I'll still pick SSSC first.

But my other suggestions are Chrono Cross and all currently released Nippon Ichi games like Rhapsody, Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

Chrono Cross would be one of those great, epic anime stories. Great music, action and enough characters that everyone would find someone they liked. Of course there are probably too many characters so the anime would have to focus on a few at a time perhaps. The story is a twisting, turning one too that would have viewers debating.

As for Rhapsody and the like, they were made to be anime. The way I see it, they are all quirky, odd tales where character is pretty much all that matters. I'm not saying the stories were bad but the characters were what made it all worth playing. Anime would best showcase the silly humor too that Nippon Ichi is famous for.

I'd also like to see Threads of Fate a.k.a Dewprism done anime style with a sequel to boot.

[COLOR=DarkRed]The one game that i would love to see become a really great anime would defintly be Mushashi Samuri ledgends. I dont know if any of you have played it but, the opening anime cut scene in it was awesome. I remember begging to myself if they would turn this into an anime. I know it would be a kinda knock off samuri anime, but i still dont care it was a very cool one that i want to see![/COLOR]

Got to say i would love an Evangelion game, that sound so cool. As for anyones i know they made a Viewiful Joe anime and they made a Kingdom heart manga but one one and onbly game that i would to be made into an anime is Tales of symphonia, god that had so much potentional as a anime. They could even make anime to sequel the game, that would be cool. God if some company was to do that i would be the first to buy that for sure. But i do know they are making a sequel for the DS of TOS and it an RPG where you play some of the characters or something but still anime would be the best thing ever :animesigh