Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I like to make my own avatars and banners but I've run into a problem. I uploaded my avatar from my computer no problem. But, I want to put a banner in my signature. I made the banner and it is a JPG on my computer, but the 'insert image' tool inserts an image using an internet address. I don't know how to get the image from my computer to a URL.

So, could someone please either help me to get my image to a URL so I can use the insert tool.... or.... help me somehow upload the image right into my post.

I hope the question makes sense. Please help! Thank you!
Posted
Use a free host such as [URL]http://www.Imageshack.com[/URL]. If you have any trouble tonight I'll be on until about 12 midnight EDT(an hour and a half).
Posted
Well, I found a site (thank you!) and the picture uploaded, but I cannot get the signature editor to accept the image. I made it 300 by 99 and it still wouldn't take it. Any suggestions for my new problem?

EDIT... nevermind, I think I know why... the image uploading site adds a little web address at the bottom of the pictue so it's bigger... I still have to tweak it.



OKAY!!!! I got it! I'll have to pay closer attention to the size requirements next time I make a banner (making my 150 x400 image smaller was a pain) but It worked! Thank you so much! :catgirl:
Posted
[size=1]I'd recommend, as Morpheus did, [url="http://www.imageshack.us"]Imageshack[/url]. If you do not wish to use them, photopbucket is an alternative. I do not have a link to photobucket, try googling it. Both are pristine hostees. They don't add anything, and accept most image formats.
[/size]
Posted
Imageshack is just an issue if you're going to upload something that will get a LOT of downloads. We're talking thousands in a short period of time. I doubt that will be a concern.

If you're on Windows you can get this nice little program called "Shell Uploader". It allows you to right click images and upload them to Imageshack (and some other places) automatically. I use it constantly.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

My personal host of choice is [b]250Free[/b], though after using Angelfire for a long period of time any provider would be more preferable. Still I've always found 250Free to be reliable, for the most part, easy to use and just all-round user friendly, and best of it doesn't change the size of the image after you upload it. Though I'll admit my use of ImageShack and Photobucket, at least I think it was Photobucket, was limited as it occurred when 250Free went down for renovation. [/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]I too recommend [url=http://imageshack.us][u]Imageshack[/u][/url]. Just upload your original banner on there, and you'll be set. I'd strongly encourage dumping imageshare.biz - who wants advertising in their signature?[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...