OtakuBoards

A look back at the old "Otaku"

Guest Colin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]well otaku will remain cool aslong people are always joining and posting, not just joining and then leaving after posting once [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, the way I see it, if they are just stupid idiots who think the only anime that exists is whats on CN(Which is like alot of idiots who think they can bypass my knowledge on some anime they've only read reviews on, and haven't seen), then good ridence to annoying pests! On the other hand, there some decent Otaku's(Who truely deserve to be called Otaku's, not like some ppl on here, not naming names) who leave because of annoying lil idiots who think they are the God's of Anime, and trust me, we have a few too many on here! I would kill them all, but I'm having more fun yelling at them for their stupidity on certain subjects(Like they think that GW Gundams can defeat an Eva, sooo not true!)

This has been a public announcement from ur friendly Otaku Expert!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Yeah...but I was first! Mwahahahaha--uh....right.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I don't have a clue who was first, and since the old boards are long gone we may never know for certain (although Nerdsy might know... he seems to know all sorts of crazy stuff.[/SIZE]

yes agb was perfect in every aspect. new members were actually cut some slack and everyone didnt kill each other over who and what was spamming. december reminds of when i was a fresh member and when id spend hours hanging on agb it used to be soo fun.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]I don't have a clue who was first, and since the old boards are long gone we may never know for certain (although Nerdsy might know... he seems to know all sorts of crazy stuff.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Don't you believe me? I registered on the 29th, Nerdsy on the 31st, and you registered later, sometimes in early April, maybe? ....I remember noticing that you hadn't registered in March, but shortly afterwards.

I remember the strangest things.....[/FONT] :cross:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

Actually, the way I see it, if they are just stupid idiots who think the only anime that exists is whats on CN(Which is like alot of idiots who think they can bypass my knowledge on some anime they've only read reviews on, and haven't seen), then good ridence to annoying pests! On the other hand, there some decent Otaku's(Who truely deserve to be called Otaku's, not like some ppl on here, not naming names) who leave because of annoying lil idiots who think they are the God's of Anime, and trust me, we have a few too many on here! I would kill them all, but I'm having more fun yelling at them for their stupidity on certain subjects(Like they think that GW Gundams can defeat an Eva, sooo not true!)

This has been a public announcement from ur friendly Otaku Expert! [/B][/QUOTE]

i have a really big feeling that that statement was aimed entirely at me:bawl: :(

You can't have an Old School Otaku topic without me!

I started coming to AGB when I found out about a contest to the best poster in the forums. I became a regular on the boards, and eventually I won the contest. I wrote a couple reviews and later became a mod. The Gameboy site had been the centerpiece of the AGB network, but there were other affiliates, ranging in subject from Pokemon to Digimon to Zelda to Dragonball Z and for a brief period, wrestling. Then came the big upgrade to The Otaku. New boards. New subsites, including Gundam, Dreamcast, XBox, and Gamecube. I eventually became an admin on the boards. Eventually, the focus of the Otaku became Anime. When I had first gotten involved, I had gotten involved with a Gameboy site. All of a sudden, I was working for an anime site. I consider myself an avid gamer, but only a casual anime fan. The changes (and the forums getting out of hand) led to my departure from The Otaku. I now work on Snowflake Studios ([url]http://dmg.keenspace.com[/url] ), a subsite of DMG Ice ([url]http://www.dmgice.com[/url] ).

Ok, rant over.

-H

[B][FONT=century gothic]Don't you believe me? I registered on the 29th, Nerdsy on the 31st, and you registered later, sometimes in early April, maybe? ....I remember noticing that you hadn't registered in March, but shortly afterwards.

I remember the strangest things.....[/FONT] :cross: [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I thought I joined on the 30th. Maybe I am wrong... Its not like that has never happened before :p[/SIZE]

[B]

[SIZE=1]I thought I joined on the 30th. Maybe I am wrong... Its not like that has never happened before :p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]I dun know...... [i]Maybe[/i]........

::shrugs:: Not that it really matters or anything, huh?[/FONT]

[B][FONT=century gothic]I dun know...... [i]Maybe[/i]........

::shrugs:: Not that it really matters or anything, huh?[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]No, I'm not really the competetive type anyway. Probably because I lose at everything... lets just say that you joined first and call it a day[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Absolute GB.... ahh.... Absoluste Zelda... ahhh...

I am home... :)

I liked the little comics that you guys used to draw (that was Frank, Adam, James and Justin, etc...) The funny ones... with Kirby in a marshmellow packet... heh...

Slowly, they added Absolute DB and then Gundam, then Pokemon, then Digimon... soon Absolute GB was no more and theOtaku was born. I joined the boards halfway between v1.0 and v2.0... for anyone that remembers, I was Cell Reborn... and later I changed my name to Cait Sith... as soon as I learned they were making a newer version, and the boards were closed for a while that is when I left for a long time before coming back now as the all powerful SG.

James... is there any wind of a v4.0 yet, I was just wondering...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hbomb [/i]
[B]You can't have an Old School Otaku topic without me!

I started coming to AGB when I found out about a contest to the best poster in the forums. I became a regular on the boards, and eventually I won the contest. I wrote a couple reviews and later became a mod. The Gameboy site had been the centerpiece of the AGB network, but there were other affiliates, ranging in subject from Pokemon to Digimon to Zelda to Dragonball Z and for a brief period, wrestling. Then came the big upgrade to The Otaku. New boards. New subsites, including Gundam, Dreamcast, XBox, and Gamecube. I eventually became an admin on the boards. Eventually, the focus of the Otaku became Anime. When I had first gotten involved, I had gotten involved with a Gameboy site. All of a sudden, I was working for an anime site. I consider myself an avid gamer, but only a casual anime fan. The changes (and the forums getting out of hand) led to my departure from The Otaku. I now work on Snowflake Studios ([url]http://dmg.keenspace.com[/url] ), a subsite of DMG Ice ([url]http://www.dmgice.com[/url] ).

Ok, rant over.

-H [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahhh, i've been meaning to get a hold of you on msn and ask you to come back.... The oldest member.... except for adam :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]
James... is there any wind of a v4.0 yet, I was just wondering...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]We have no plans for Version 4.0 at the moment.

Right now we're focusing on getting our Christmas present ready (I hope we can finish it on time!).

But after that, who knows. I'd say that we'll be doing some sort of upgrades in the first half of next year.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]We have no plans for Version 4.0 at the moment.

Right now we're focusing on getting our Christmas present ready (I hope we can finish it on time!).

But after that, who knows. I'd say that we'll be doing some sort of upgrades in the first half of next year.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Christmas Present... OOooh goody goody goody! Yay... So, we may be getting a v4.0 next year... I need to unblock you... because I keep getting sent mails whenever I post in a topic... bleh -_-'[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]I need to unblock you... because I keep getting sent mails whenever I post in a topic... bleh -_-'[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]You can change that in in your preferences page....[/FONT]

[B]

[SIZE=1]I thought I joined on the 30th. Maybe I am wrong... Its not like that has never happened before :p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Cera-March 29.

Shyguy-March 30.

Me-March 31.

Just thought I'd clear it up completely...:drunk:

Heh... How do I know all this you ask? Well, back when I was here 23 hours a day, I got bored at the slow posting times and went around looking at peoples profiles... *a big "L" appears on forehead"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]

i have a really big feeling that that statement was aimed entirely at me:bawl: :( [/B][/QUOTE]

I was not aiming it at u, for I don't know u, but if ur like that, well, no comment. But I was aiming it at some other ppl!