OtakuBoards

A look back at the old "Otaku"

Guest Colin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hbomb [/i]
[B]You can't have an Old School Otaku topic without me!

I started coming to AGB when I found out about a contest to the best poster in the forums. I became a regular on the boards, and eventually I won the contest. I wrote a couple reviews and later became a mod. The Gameboy site had been the centerpiece of the AGB network, but there were other affiliates, ranging in subject from Pokemon to Digimon to Zelda to Dragonball Z and for a brief period, wrestling. Then came the big upgrade to The Otaku. New boards. New subsites, including Gundam, Dreamcast, XBox, and Gamecube. I eventually became an admin on the boards. Eventually, the focus of the Otaku became Anime. When I had first gotten involved, I had gotten involved with a Gameboy site. All of a sudden, I was working for an anime site. I consider myself an avid gamer, but only a casual anime fan. The changes (and the forums getting out of hand) led to my departure from The Otaku. I now work on Snowflake Studios ([url]http://dmg.keenspace.com[/url] ), a subsite of DMG Ice ([url]http://www.dmgice.com[/url] ).

Ok, rant over.

-H [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah i rember, you was popular and well respected. im not big on anime either but i know ALOT more than i used to. it would be cool if blanks was still here too, i know hes registered however.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

Cera-March 29.

Shyguy-March 30.

Me-March 31.

Just thought I'd clear it up completely...:drunk:

Heh... How do I know all this you ask? Well, back when I was here 23 hours a day, I got bored at the slow posting times and went around looking at peoples profiles... *a big "L" appears on forehead" [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Yea, Nerdsy's posted again! Yes, you sure were always on... not like now....[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Yea, Nerdsy's posted again! Yes, you sure were always on... not like now....[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah... Unfortunately, I have no time to come here any more... Wrestling practice and homework take up all my time... Plus the fact that I got grounded for two weeks...:bawl:

Oh, anyway, on topic here... I think Absolute Gameboy was before my time... It seems like the best things are before my time... Darn...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I really like how the boards are coming along...
About the old otaku...I enjoyed those good days...even though mines were short lived...particularly the old dating game when no one was able to get dates and the creative stories of Mei Rishin...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't of said it better myself

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Colin [/i]
[B]I find it sort of amusing how most of you people come along and think that The Otaku is the best thing since sliced bread because it's got fruity colors and a japanese name, without don't know about its roots and how it ate AGB until Adam abandoned it. If anyone is still around who remembers the old days of AGB, reader reviews, and AOL homepage addresses, I invite you to reply below.

Colin
Former Absolute Gameboy (AGB) staffer [/B][/QUOTE]
I remember that,I had joined thier message boards. I miss the old Otaku alot,I rarely ever come here,because EVERY time I do,it freezes,and I really wish something would be done about it. Thier are to many things here,such as smilies,yes they look cool,but it makes it go so slow. Um I miss when I first came here,January 15th. To tell you the truth,it messing up right now! The smilies aren't all showing theirs this strange fuzz over the screen,and over most of what I'm writing right now! Adam please fix these,I would really like to post here more often. :( :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i]
[B]
I remember that,I had joined thier message boards. I miss the old Otaku alot,I rarely ever come here,because EVERY time I do,it freezes,and I really wish something would be done about it. Thier are to many things here,such as smilies,yes they look cool,but it makes it go so slow. Um I miss when I first came here,January 15th. To tell you the truth,it messing up right now! The smilies aren't all showing theirs this strange fuzz over the screen,and over most of what I'm writing right now! Adam please fix these,I would really like to post here more often. :( :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Bah...those days are gone my friends. The new boards are great...it's just your computer that's messing them up. I do wish people would stop complaining about it...[/color]