OtakuBoards

I am looking for an anime recomendation

Guest earer

I am looking for an anime recomendation. I have seen some animes, and there have been some i liked, and some i did not like. maybe my choices for anime would surprise u, since i seen a lot of people liking a bunch of anime that i did not like. i will list the anime that i liked and the anime i didnt and maybe some of u can recomend an anime.the list isnt too long. maybe there are plenty of anime out there then.

anime that i did like: love hina, trigun, inuyasha, samurai champloo

anime that i did not like: fruits basket, ghost in the shell, cowboy bebop, full metal alchemist, scryed

there also are other anime that are like ok, like kenshin i liked an intro video i saw maybe it was the first episode, but for some reason a bunch of kenshin episodes i saw after i did not like so much. also paranoia agent was sort of ok. escaflowne also was kind of ok. a while back, one of the first animes i saw and i did like it was dragon ball z, but that was a while back and well ill just say it here, but that is the list.

there is a category for anime such as love hina, and yes i like anime like such as well. its called something like ecchi or something, lol.

can anybody recommend any anime that would be good?

It would help if you identified what turns you off; Fruits Basket and Ghost in the Shell (for example) have very little in common, so it's hard to tell what made you dislike them. Similarly, without elaboration, I have no idea why you enjoyed Samurai Champloo but didn't enjoy Cowboy Bebop.

Love Hina is a harem anime. The broad genre under which it falls is shounen romance. Other harem-type shows you might want to consider are Tenchi Muyo (which consists of an OVA universe and two or possibly three separate TV universes, plus some random spin-offs), Ai Yori Aoshi, Mahoromatic, Hand Maid May and El-Hazard.

Harem anime can be and often are ecchi, but not all ecchi titles are harem. Not all shounen romance anime are either ecchi or harem. Are you looking primarily for fanservice (ecchi content), or were there other things that attracted you to Love Hina? If it's fanservice you want, Girls Bravo and DearS are the way to go. Or you could give Colorful and Najica Blitz Tactics a look if you're into the whole panty shot thing, haha.

~Dagger~

well what i did like in for example samurai champloo was the animation and story, i liked the animation a lot, also i like stories from that time too. it was really cool, the animation was really good it fit the setting nice, and the story was kool, like a warrior that kicks butt, and a skilled samurai, and a girl. sure at first the reason didnt seem to make much sence (i did not care too much since at that point i was enjoying the anime so much), but since there were not too many episodes it was answered soon. also there were really kool characters that appeared like the guy who said he was portuguese, that was really funny. it was a short series kinda, but it was good.

cowboy bebop i tried to watch one time, but it looked like a guy with "hip" moves (lol) and it seemed like he was wearing bell bottom pants too. the animation also did not feel so good. also i didnt watch too much of it, i just tried to watch it, but i just did not like it much.

the reason i did not like fruits basket is in fruits basket the main char is a girl and she is looking at guys, at least thats what i saw in the first episode, i did not like it too much.

i did like love hina, the sort of main char was a guy and he was looking at girls, and u could see the point of view of the girls too. it was a nice anime. had what they call "ecchi" or something.

the reason i did not like ghost in the shell is it seems the guy who made it was taking it too seriously or something.

i liked inuyasha, the story was kool, the animation was better than ok i guess, but the story and setting was kool, i watched a bunch of the episodes. i watched inuyasha at night, it was like a fantasy story, with wooden houses and well it was enjoyable.

i edited the post also and i say i did not like elfen lied. I watched 2 episodes and i really didnt like it. i didnt like the story, like maybe if there was a more normal reason to what she was doing, it could have been better.

would be cool if u could recomend a really nice anime. also i will look at the anime that u have mentioned. also i like the face of the girl in your picture. lol, what anime does she come from, or is she just a drawing?

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I love inuyasha (as you can tell) and samurai champloo a lot. If you're into mysteries: Case Closed is really good. Romance:Ai Yori Aoshi And Saikano. Adveture: Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King and One Peice. Fighting: (of coarse) the Dragon Ball Series, Ranma 1/2 and Naruto is coming on cartoon . I cant think of any right now , but i'll think of some. [I]Are You Under Arrest 2 [/I] is cool, if you're into 2 chicks that are police officers that dont do there job, but still get to keep it. Well thats it for me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]i like lots of anime, but i'd have to say that among my list is

1. ruroni kenshin
2. hellsing
3.gungrave
4.samurai champloo

i dun realy wanna go on, but i'd say you'd have to see ruroni kenshin because it's the coolest anime i think :D [/COLOR]

Guest Mad-Hatter
I would suggest Last Exile, Crest of the Stars or Banner of the Stars. Those are more serious Animes. Another you might like is Maburaho. Still my top one is Tenchi Muyo OVA.

If your looking for more light hearted anime I would recommend Azumanga Daioh.

If you want something with alittle more action and mystery I'd advise Madlax and Noir.

And If you just want a whole mix of everything from cutecy to gorey I'd advice Elfen Lied. If , however you would prefer an action story that's sensitive I'd advise Pretear ( A little girly, but not bad). My personal favorites are Outlaw Star (which if you liked Trigun you need to check out and it's where I got my user name.) Neon Genisis Evangelian, RaXephon, for something more classic Gatchaman ( weird name but still good), Argeto Soma, and finally Soultaker. I advise all of these, trust me each one is truly incredible for a true anime fan.

Most of what of what I would suggest has been named such as Last Exile, Raxhepon, Geneshaft, Soul Taker, Argentosoma, Outlaw Star, neon genesis evangelion.

Though one that hasn't been said that I think you might like is DNAngel, and also if you want a anime movie I would highly recommend any of miyazaki's works, Princess Mononoake, Casle in the Sky, and Spirited Away.

One more that you might or might not like is Beserk, I liked this anime very much. It is rather gory and some people don't like the animation, I liked it as well as the story.

There is one more along the lines of Love Hina that I am trying to think, ah its Girls Bravo, I have not personally seen this but I might be worth looking into. :animeswea

How about case closed that's pretty good, but it does come on early in the morning on adult swim. Does lupin the 3rd count? :animeswea , maybe it does. That comes on early in the morning too. I'm not a fan of that one, but maybe you might like it. You might even wanna try watching one peice, if that even counts .