OtakuBoards

Romance! Breakups!! Spit your ****!!! The phrase "Lets just be friends" dies here.

Yukina123

Guest Lilium
right now i am in a funny spot.

I was with this guy who was just perfect, we were together for nearly a year. We are both 18, and in the UK that means you just finish college and most people head to univercity after that.
I didnt do to well in my exams but I got accepted for a schoularship for a japanese exchange program!

We were all happy untill i suddently realise. 5 months isnt really that long but when i come back he will be off in univercity. Making new friends and doing all this new stuff... and i will be back in my home town searching for a job and moving in with a good friend who has landed a good job.

I am in japan right now and i cant stop thinking of him. it hurts so much to be apart but sadly all his emails seem to be he having a lot of fun and not missing me.
We are officially not together anymore but he still tells me he loves me in my emails and i do the same...

ahhh... it sucks.

Okay heres the story. Not to long ago I asked this girl out. She said no but i got over it pretty quick. Anyway this other girl comes along shes pretty and nice to me. Im thinking of asking her out but my friend(whos never bin in a relationship) finds it fun to try to put me down and lately shes bin doing a good job. Should I stand like a man and take my chances and risk asking her out. Please someone reply and give me their thoughts.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I sincerely hope that time truly does heal all wounds, because I've got one that's tearing me apart.

It started in Sophomore year with a relationship between my friend Sean and a girl at our high school named Shannon. I had met her in Freshman year because I had my P.E. class with her. I could sorta tell she wanted to be my girlfriend, but I didn't want to share that feeling because, as Dane Cook says, she is "A Bucket of Yuck", and I pride myself for holding certain standards. Nothing happened in Freshman year, but we stayed friends.

So, come Sophomore year, she's suddenly all over Sean. And I do mean, "all over". It was hideous. Right at the lunch table, too. If she learned how to make out from movies, it was evidently from "Alien". Eesh.

So Shannon had a friend, named Stefanie, or Stef, as she liked people to call her. Stef turned out to like me, and, while not the BEST catch a guy could hope for, she certainly was no "Lagoon Creature". I spent about two or three weeks in that state of mental delusion charactarized by the phrase, "Finally! A girlfriend!"

Then, reality set in.

This girl... is perhaps the DUMBEST person I have EVER known. Want an example? Someone told her the "A man walks into a bar and says 'Ow.' " joke and she didn't get it for 15 minutes. That's a long period of time to not get such a simple (bad) joke. Also, her political views were the complete polar OPPOSITE of mine. She blindly supported Bush because he "made her feel safe." *Shudder*

But this is the hell of it all. I sold out perhaps my FAVORITE band of all time, Sonata Arctica, to that life-sucking SHE-DEVIL. She didn't like heavy metal, so... I called them POP. Just to get her to like them. I doubt I can ever forgive myself for that. The kind of music she listened to? Pop-punk, which I can't stand, and some band which I can only call the worst thing to ever be put to digital technology. If you've heard of the "band" Moose Butter, then you have my deepest of sympathies. It's music for people who are mentally handicapped, in my opinion.

Long story short, I wanted out. I kept meaning to tell her that it was over, but I could not for the life of me find her. I composed a letter that I was going to give her. It was hard going, writing that thing. I wanted, at that point in time, to end it with minimal hard feelings, so I was trying to make it sound like it WASN'T her fault while avoiding calling her an IDIOT. I never even printed it out. If you want to know the mindset I was in, I was listening to Sonata Arctica's [URL=http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/sonataarctica/ecliptica.html#8][u]"Unopened"[/u][/URL] while writing it. Now I wish I had been listening to [URL=http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/sonataarctica/reckoningnight.html#5][u]"Don't Say a Word"[/u][/URL].

I caught her at lunch one day and expressed my feelings briefly and the fact that I considered it "over." Turned out she was avoiding me because SHE wanted to end it too. When my friends heard this, high fives were exchanged.

I wish I could say that the Stef Fiasco meant nothing to me, but there's this gnawing feeling in my gut that tells me it didn't. We never even kissed, truth be told! But damned if it didn't make me the bitter and disillusioned person I am now. I mean, I'm a relatively easy-going guy. Nothing really gets me stressed out, depressed, or hateful. Until Stef crawled into my life, that is. Now I can truly say that I [i]hate[/i] Stef, Shannon, and all of their harpie ilk, and it truly worries me, because this hate won't go away. The merest thought of them just makes my hackles rise. It makes me want to growl and snarl and rip something's throat out. And it hurts me. It's like there's an aching, bitter, cancerous knot twisted deep in my gut and it [i]hurts.[/i] I've tried to dissipate this hate. I've vented on my friends countless times on the subject, but it still comes back, as strong as before. I don't know what else to do.

It's partly because of that that I've forsworn relationships until college, or at least until I get my driver's license. My friend seems to think that I'm sick in the head because of this attitude, but were he in my shoes, he'd probably feel the same.

I wish I had listened to my older brother's sage advice, and if you're wise, you'll heed his warning before it's too late for you, too. "Stay away from the b*tches, they is crazy."[/FONT][/COLOR]

**[B]Spilling my heart and soul on a chopped story[/B]:**

[COLOR=Sienna]
A relationship i was in for a month turned for the worst. After saying" lets be friends", I began to ignore this person completely after breaking up during my sophomore year, even till now and im a senior. She was in at least two of my classes since then. I was hindering myself by trying to make her happy, until i realized i couldnt because she was looking for something i couldnt give. Thing is while we were going out she made it clear that we would only become close if we had sex. I said, "if u were a virgin, maybe". Dont know why i said that, maybe to make her happy to know that there may have been a chance if she went back in time. i am happily still a virgin and dont plan on changing that anytime soon. I told her multiple times that i was a christian and was saving my virginity til i was married and i didnt love her. it seemed as if she didnt respect that. She claimed that she loved me so much. she is a witch and was to supposedly stop her "witchlike agenda" to go out with me.

She was a well-known "ho" and i look back and dont know what the **** i was doing when i asked her out, probably just the moment, maybe just to "make her happy". Being a christian it was odd to go out with someone like that, but the idea of feeling loved in a relationship is what i enjoyed. I hate to go back to this period of my life, but she would always talk to me when i was tired and i hardly knew what i was talking about, so I would slip something like "it feels good to be loved by u". Totally dishonest cause i wouldnt even mutter i love u to her.

She would call her x sometimes while we were going out (the bastard who took her innocents, at least to my knowledge) and that was the last straw. My theory about this situation was that if she was looking for sex and since she wasnt getting any from me..she may go on a scavenger hunt for...some. Im not controlling or anything, but please show some respect. After this relationship, Im not going to date until im sure i like somebody, and make sure she's a christian.

Around this time I began to find my true love, the FF series and she bought me X-2. I still have it and i love that game. I dont think about her when i play it which is amazing. I only think of the time i slept over my friends house, i brought my PS2 over and we were adventuring the chocobo dungeon..Anyway, i bought her two CDs for the sake of equivalent exchange (no Full Metal pun intended). Also my grandmother was dying and my mind was in the back of my head, all she cared about is having sex and i constantly would worry thinking that she is playing me. I went half insane. i didnt feel safe calling off the relationship for some random reason. She knew i wouldnt cheat, i knew she would cheat. Heres a lesson [B][COLOR=Black]****DONT GO OUT WITH SOMEONE YOU DONT LOVE OR EVEN HAVE FEELINGS FOR BECAUSE YOU WANT TO MAKE HIM OR HER HAPPY **** [/COLOR][/B]just because it "feels good to be loved". It may do a number on you and take a portion of your mind thus ending up hurt or turning bitter in the end. [COLOR=Black][B]My own personal experience[/B][/COLOR].

I dont see us as being friends at all, not even "hi","bye" friends. Should i continue to ignore her, im thinking of just waiting until i leave this forsaken school. I mean its great to be friends, but what if u cant literally be friends in any way, shape, or form.

I wont let it bother me anymore. After this traumatizing incident i just hope i meet someone i like and have a clean christian relationship, and i do have someone in mind.

I hope everything works out for the better. [/COLOR][B]Thanx for reading[/B].

*update* (maybe)

Well, since we are sharing our memories, here is mine.

I have fallen in love twice in my lifetime. The first time I was not brave enough to tell to the girl I liked. This was when I was 8 years old. Until I left my country of birth, leaving this girl behind, I never told her the truth: She was my best friend in that place. Now, 12 years later I still have not told her, it is pointless now. We are very far from each other, and I do not think I feel the same way.
After I left my country, I decided not to love again, only to break that promise and fall in love with a girl who reminded me of my friend. This time, I threw my cowardice away, and with 5 origami tulips I told her the truth. One letter per tulip, one tulip per day, all spelling "Te amo" (Spanish for I love you, Spanish is my first language). For some reason I decided to go out with her the night of November the 23 of 2002. This night she accepted my feelings for her and I was happy. We saw in school each other every day, and it was during the time when we had to decide which university we wanted to go to. We realised that the only chanse of being together was if we went to the University of Florida, so we both applied there (the only reason I applied to UF was because of her). With all modesty I dare say that I had no problems getting into any university I wanted to, I was top 7 of my class, had excellent exam scores, and a bunch of college credits already. The fact is that we both got accepted into UF and I was happy.
Nevertheles, my hapiness was not to last, for I was in a relationship that only lasted 6 months. Never I disrespected her, never I treated her wrong, never I asked her to do anything for me, never I kissed her either, she never asked me for a kiss. Yet, she broke up with me. She told me at the time their parents would not let her. But I knew that was just a lie, her younger sister had a disrespecting boyfriend, and their parents approved. Long I wondered why, and then one day, I think by accident, she told me that I was nothing but one dissapointment after the other one. I was told that before an exam, she used the exam as an excuse to run away not telling me a reason why I was branded in such way. After, I asked, only to get denial from her as if she had never said that.
This is what I think then: If I am one dissapointment after the other one, then it will be pointless for me to engage in a relationship again. After all, I am dissapointing, and let us face it, never has a dissapointment has been good. It is then, pointless for me to try.

So I conclude: Love cannot be described with tulips, because tulips are frail. Love is better described with a rose. A rose might be beautiful, but roses have thorns that can wound, and wounds are painful. Love hurts. I did wrong on breaking the promise I did when I came to this country: I should have never loved again, and I will never love again either.

I had a hard childhood (abused emotionaly, watched, as my mother was abused knowing there ws nothing I could do,etc) So i'm pretty messed up. In 6th grade I had only one friend named Cody. He died of a heart attack at the age of 12 ( that messed me up worse since we were both 12) then 1 girl was nice to me and was the only person to care ( family was no help since I didnt tell them to begin with since we lied to eachother constantly) We grew very close but I never told her how I felt. On the last day of school I was going to tell her but she wasnt there. Now every October I get have ALOT of emotional breakdowns (I usualy only have 1 a month) (not over the girl but because I lost Cody) Then I moved in with my mom and was homeschooled for 2 years with no friends or anyone to talk to. Then I managed to get some friends in 8th grade ( I had to repeat it). I had a crush on a girl but my best friend stole her. Then I met the girl who is currently my gf. But before she became that we were friends and grew closer everyday. Then a little punk named Dustin came along and we competed for her. I almost lost her until I admited my love for her she felt the same way and we are currently happy. And after 6 months her step-mom is over the fact she has a bf now our only obsticle is her father.We still havent done much in 6 months we have been on 2 dates a book store and the movies. We havent gotten "far" we hug and hold hands but I suspect she wants more which is something I dont know how to do. But we are happy nonehtheless. I know this has a happy ending but all the stuff that led up to it can be considered a sob story and I apologize if you think I shouldnt have posted this.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][QUOTE=TailTactics]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Heres a lesson [B][COLOR=Black]****DONT GO OUT WITH SOMEONE YOU DONT LOVE OR EVEN HAVE FEELINGS FOR BECAUSE YOU WANT TO MAKE HIM OR HER HAPPY **** [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I had never been in love. But, someone loved me.

It happened when I was in grade nine. He was a year older, but in our grade. I remember, he took one of my friends aside one day, he was her friend and said that he had to tell her something about one of her friends and then he left. We all wondered what it was and I jokingly told two of my friends that he probably likes them, because they were the type everyone had a crush on.

Later on MSN, my friend brought me into a conversation with someone and told him to talk. He was asking me questions and such. But, he said he was all shy. In the end, he got my friend to try and set me up with me because of his shyness, but the thing was, I didn't like him. I'm not a mean person, but I didn't know a thing about love or romance! But, I knew one thing, it is wrong to go out with a person just because you don't want to hurt them.

The next day or something in the afternoon, I told him that I wasn't ready for a relationship right now. My friend told me that he was crying when I told him that. :animedepr It made me feel like a horrible person! It even brought me to tears that I hurt someone. But, I knew that it was for the best. Plus, no one would ever like me!

For the rest of the year I saw him looking me as I walked past, and the when he started to say hi to me, I knew that he either got over me, or was got more braver. In the end of grade 9, he ended up trying to hook up with one of my friends! :haha: Then, there was some good drama in grade 10 when he was going out with this other girl. I think it ended up that he was a little crazy. Not the good crazy, but the bad crazy![/COLOR]