OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

AngelwingZero

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=4][FONT=System]Rurouni Kenshin is definitely one of the best mangas. I believe it ran up to a total of 28 volumes or so. I've only gone up to 24. As of favorite characters I have to go with Aoshi Shinamori and Enishi. Aoshi is cut throat and will not hesitate to act. He has a great style and his swords are the bomb.[/color][spoiler] I hate to say but Enishi broke Kenshin with such a cruel tactic. It did work though. In the end though Kenshin does come back and defeats Enishi. [/spoiler][color=Red]Sano is another favorite because of one word: Zanbato.[/color][spoiler] Even though it broke it still is the fiercest weapon in the series no matter what anybody says. [/spoiler][/FONT] [/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]In the future, make sure you use spoiler tags to hide things that might spoiler the story for others who may not have read the manga yet, thanks. -Kei[/b][/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]Yeah, that was definitely a misread, lol.[/color][/size][spoiler][size=1]At no time was Jinnei part of the Shinsengumi. There was one point when they were after him, though. They just never caught him, obviously. Or he would have been very, very dead, because the Shinsegumi does not play. >.>;[/size'][/spoiler][/quote]

Actually yes, Jinei [spoiler]was in the Shinsengumi. He killed someone in the Shinsengumi he shouldn't have, then used the Shin no Ippo to escape his unit when they were about to discipline him. Later on, he re-emerged as a hitokiri for the Patriots.[/spoiler]

• 2 years later...
[size=1][color=navy]Man, I just recently finished this series for the 2nd time, and it seems even better this time than the first time I read it. Probably because I decided to read the Kyoto arc this time :). I'm glad I did read that arc too because there were some things I didn't expect that was changed in the anime. [spoiler]Kaoru not knowing Aoshi.[/spoiler]

I also had no idea that [spoiler]Trust and Betrayal[/spoiler] was in the manga. It's a lot more comedic that's for sure, and I didn't mind it since those moments were actually funny.

[spoiler]Yahiko's chapter special.... Was that little girl at the other dojo suppose to be Saitoh's daughter?[/spoiler] It hadn't dawned on me until I saw his name come up.

Favorite character(s): Aoshi Shinomori. The guy just has awesome written all over him.

I like pretty much everyone except for Kaoru, Sanosuke, Misao and Yahiko [spoiler](until he got older)[/spoiler]. I don't hate Kaoru as much as I used to now. (I don't really hate her at all now. But she's still not a favorite) I've actually been getting a change of heart about her. I couldn't stand her worrying and yelling Kenshin all the time, but her comedic side has grown onto me.

I don't hate Sano, I just find him annoying. Like I said before, he talks entirely too much.

I found Misao to be straight up annoying.

Like Kaoru, I've been having a change of heart about Yahiko, especially during the Jinchuu arc.

Another issue that I saw with this series. There were too many "Just one more attack" moments. While it's not a big problem, it was pretty stupid to have characters say that. If characters do connect that attack then what?... It makes them look stupid. And then there were too many instances where people are giving away Kenshins moves. There were a couple of times I found myself saying "SHUT UP".

Other than that I had a blast reading this again. Favorite manga series at the moment.

Onward to reading the rest of Samurai Deeper Kyo now.[/size][/color]