OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

AngelwingZero

• 5 months later...
[FONT=Garamond]hey everyone ive been reading ruruoni kenshin shor a while and i was just wondering about how many volumes are there to the series??? BTW i already have up 2 volume 24 so i know there are that many to start with. Tanx everyone[/FONT] :confused:

[FONT=Garamond]thanx ive been wondering for a while, but do you know if the production of rurounikenshin is still going on cause you never really here of anything by them and about the 28 that is what i found at amazon but i wasnt sure if that was japanese text or english text. do you know???[/FONT] :animesmil

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]undefined[/COLOR][quote name='Senko][FONT=Garamond]hey everyone ive been reading ruruoni kenshin shor a while and i was just wondering about how many volumes are there to the series??? BTW i already have up 2 volume 24 so i know there are that many to start with. Tanx everyone[/FONT'] :confused:[/quote]

well I also have up 2 24 volumes. I've heard that there is up to 28 volumes. Although only 24 have been made into english. But I'm sure he's working on it though. I've read these books for a long time(many years) so any questions just ask!

lol :animesmil well it was kind of obvious people would choose kenshin i mean hes funny fit and he is very powerful plus the fact that hes the main character anyways thats not the point i would have to say my favorite character would have to be kenshin (of course :D ) and also Hiko Seijuro (i think thats how you spell it :animeswea) so yeah those are my fav characters :catgirl:

that is true. i mean dont get me wrong but the anime was pretty good if you havent read the manga but after reading it you realize all the stupid things they did :animeangr but i do forgive them :animesmil . anyways i wonder why every ones favorite is kenshin and sonoske? is it because they are the main characters or is it becaus they have the most power (in there own ways) ???

[quote name='Senko']that is true. i mean dont get me wrong but the anime was pretty good if you havent read the manga but after reading it you realize all the stupid things they did :animeangr but i do forgive them :animesmil . anyways i wonder why every ones favorite is kenshin and sonoske? is it because they are the main characters or is it becaus they have the most power (in there own ways) ???[/quote]

I actually like them because of their personalities.

coolio but are they in anglish cause if so im going to get them right now!!!! :animesmil weeeeeee if not oh well :animedepr who knows anyways thats cool i think enishi is pretty cool right now ive read up to the part where they are looking for enishis hide out. (ill say no more because i dont want to ruin the story for anyone :catgirl: ) :animesmil

i love this magna series!!i only have volumes 1 and 2 and i should be getting three tomorrow!!lol!!my fav part so far is volume two chapter 15(beauty on the run) page 171.and its the leash box.i love how all the main characters come to be on the beginning if the series.ja ne

• 6 months later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]Well im glad the manga ended on a good note unlike the crap movie Reflections. The fight with Enishi was well done. Im just a little pissed they cut volume 28 so short. Half was RK then it was just a couple of chapters of Renkin. They seriously shouldnt have gone and done that. I felt ripped off. Still it was a satsifying ending for a great series. If only the anime had encorprated the final arch of the manga into the anime it would have been subreb. As I said before Kenshin vs Enishi in Reections was no where near as good as the manga fight.[/COLOR]

I wish they would've included Yahiko no Sakabatou at the end of the manga. It would've made more sense than Meteor Strike and Buso Renkin being in there.

Yeah, the fight between Kenshin and Enishi actually made sense in the manga because Enishi's background was more clearly explained and you see Kenshin find his answer which is absent in the OVA.

• 2 weeks later...
i am loving all 28 volumes! :D They are so great! the only bad thing is that it is actually the end. :animecry: Whaaaaa! :animecry: i wanted the series to contine! But i hope ya'll enjoy them once you get 'em! :catgirl:

And remember if you have any questions about the manga, you can contact me at:
[email][email protected][/email] or [email][email protected][/email] :catgirl:

I've been readin this book for so long i know too much. :animestun Like how is parents died , how much he weighs, his height, birthday (month day year), what his name means and everything else. :catgirl:

• 2 months later...
So I just got done reading the series. It took about 3 weeks for me to finish because I would noramlly forget about reading it some days.

To begin, this is definitely a good manga, and worth checking into, that is if you're looking for some action and a nice story to go along with it.

Transitioning from manga to anime, I would say the anime did fairly well with delivering the conversations and whatnot, but then again that's just my opinion. However, there is one thing I found a little shocking.. I might have misread it though (I'm pretty certain I misread it, or it could've been a misprint in the translation since I've seen so many errors in it.) but between the chapters of the Kurogasa and the 1st appearance of Saitoh it was said that [spoiler]Jineh was the leader of the Shinsengumi[/spoiler]. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyways. The artwork was nicely done, but here's where most of my problems came in at. The characters were drawn nicely, it was the action seen that kind of screwed things up a little bit. Most of the action that was drawn in this, you can barely tell what was going on because it was sort of bunched together. And after reading Bleach (I know, I shouldn't compare) and whatnot, the way the blood was drawn, it looked like a lot of dust or something, and you could barely tell where the strikes were aiming at. I mean, you can see that uhh... let's say Kenshin was struck in the face by a sword. Yes, he'd been struck in the face, but where exactly... The way the blood was drawn covered the wound from a impact from the cut... I think that's what I'm trying to say.

Onto the Jinchuu arc. Definitely a good arc, and it had a nice ending, but I like the Kyoto arc a lot better. The arc was really over-hyped (but still good nevertheless), or atleast that's how I feel because everything felt unoriginal at this point.

I thought I would hate the part about Sanosuke [spoiler]meeting his family[/spoiler]. I kind of found Sanosuke annoying because he talked so damn much, but this little segment was funny. [spoiler]The exchange between Sanosuke and his father was really funny. (Reminds me of Ichigo and his dad from Bleach)[/spoiler]

The final last few fights..... That's where it felt unoriginal at. Well, I take that back. It's just that I didn't really get anything out of them. The last fight between Enishi and Kenshin however, is where things got unoriginal.. [spoiler]The made it seem like Enishi could fly or something with this jumping in mid-air stuff. And the "nerves" stuff... [/spoiler]Made it seem like another Yu Yu Hakusho or DBZ moment.

[spoiler]And when Enishi snatched... his "nerves" (or was it his ear drum?) out.. Is his fingers really that small to do that?[/spoiler]

I liked the way it ended.... sort of. Put Yahiko in a headband, and he'll look like Sanosuke. Kenshin looks funny with a haircut.... Real funny.

But yes, it's real sad that this arc couldn't get animated because it would've been great to see what Enishi's [spoiler]Watou-jutsu skills[/spoiler] look like.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Yeah, that was definitely a misread, lol.[/color][/size][spoiler][size=1]At no time was Jinnei part of the Shinsengumi. There was one point when they were after him, though. They just never caught him, obviously. Or he would have been very, very dead, because the Shinsegumi does not play. >.>;[/size][/spoiler]

Hmm.. I guess so. Then again, in the anime they also said[spoiler] Jineh was part of the Shinsengumi. They just never mentioned what unit he was from.[/spoiler] (bah, already, I have to go back and re-read it.) And after reading all of this, there was still no word about who the 2nd captain was.

I know it's just wishful thinking, but I could definitely see more OVA's coming out about being released. With Yahiko and [spoiler]Kenji.[/spoiler]