OtakuBoards

News - G Gundam confirmed

Sephiroth

it looks like you guys will get to see one of my favourite of the gundam series, read on....

11-13-01---- G-Gundam Confirmed
ANS has confirmed with Bandai Entertainment's Jerry Chu preliminary details that indeed casting was taking place in Vancouver B.C. recently for an English dub adaptation for the G-Gundam TV series. G-Gundam will be the next Gundam series to arrive in the American marketplace and possibly on the airwaves as well. More details should be forthcoming in the next month or so.
ANS conducted a brief interview with the Bandai representitve on a number of issues including plans for the rollout of the Escaflowne film, we managed to score a number of exclusive and interesting items. The piece will be posted in print form here shortly.

Information on G-Gundam from our previous posting:

The TV animation of G-Gundam was produced by Sunrise, running in Japan in 1994, composing the season of Gundam just prior to Shin Kido Senki Gundam Wing in 1995. Plot-wise G-Gundam has been refered to as the "Dragon Ball" of Gundam due to the fact that the story, occuring in FC 95, revolves around a battle tournament where the "13th Gundam Fight" has began, the ring is the planet Earth. A nanotechnological monster of unspeakable power has been set free an now Neo Japanese Gundam fighter Domon Kasshu has came to Earth, not only to win the tournament but to find the Devil gundam, created by his father and was stolen by his brother, Kyouji Kasshu, before a catasthrope befalls the world. Of note production wise is G-Gundam director Yasuhiro Imagawa was also involved with the Giant Robo series.

Staff and Air Data:
49 episodes - aired April 22, 1994 to March 31, 1995

Director: Yasuhiro Imagawa Scenario: Fuyushi Gobu Character design: Hiroshi Osaka Mecha design: Hajime Katoki Kunio Okawara Kimitoshi Yamane Mechanic design: Hirotoshi Sano

[SIZE=1]Ok... but, when... when is it released in Britan?

Safer, do you know where I can get some good model kits of Tauros and Sandrock, I tried toys 'r' us, but they only have them in stock in the US one... could you tell me a site... if you say Ebay, I will break you...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ok... but, when... when is it released in Britan?

Safer, do you know where I can get some good model kits of Tauros and Sandrock, I tried toys 'r' us, but they only have them in stock in the US one... could you tell me a site... if you say Ebay, I will break you...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I doubt it will be released in britain....

as for the model kits, forbidden planet sells them, well, the gundam ones like sandrock anyway, I haven't seen them sell taurus....

why don't you try ebay, lol....

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud Strife00 [/i]
[B]i was hoping for gundamX [/B][/QUOTE]
Err, let me ruin one surprise for you buddy, Gundam X isn't very good.

As for G Gundam, I really enjoyed the subtitles as far as subtitle enjoyment goes, but i probably won't buy the dubbed version until later, much later...

-Justin