OtakuBoards

OB Survey

James

What resolution does your computer use?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What resolution does your computer use?

• Higher than 1024x768
    • 1024x768
    • 800x600
    • Lower than 800x600

[QUOTE=Ozymandius Jones][COLOR=DarkOrange]
[B]B)[/B] 90% of the n00bs zoom [b]right[/b] to my territory[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
As someone who frequents the Anime Lounge, I must contest this figure. :animesmil

[quote name='Godelsensei][b]A)[/b'] One thing that I find a little irritating at best is the presence of countless locked, but not deleted, threads, especially in places like the Anime Lounge, where most of the spammers seem to abide.[/quote]
This might end up sounding unintentionally scary, but you'd probably be surprised at how many threads and posts do end up being flat-out deleted (at least in the AL; I can't speak quite as much for other areas).

[quote][b]B)[/b] Our lovely administrator, Skippedry (Dag). : D[/QUOTE]
:animeblus

~Dagger~

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium][b']A) Which aspect of OtakuBoards do you find to be the most negative/confusing?[/B][/quote][/font]
[size=1][color=#7D8593]Frankly, there isn't anything negative to say about the OB other than the fact that there are some very few people here that tend to more ignorant than others, but that's just the way people are.[/size][/color]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium][B']B) What is your favorite aspect of OtakuBoards?[/b][/quote][/font]
[size=1][color=#7D8593]One of the greatest things, that I?ve noticed, about being here at the OB is the connections people make with others. I?ve had the pleasure and honor of doing so and in that, I?ve created a few strong connections as well as a few strong friendships with people whom I would?ve never guessed of creating that bond. It?s amazing how people can start off with new people and come to realize that they?ve created a friendship, which is almost impossible to have considering the many factors that don?t allow that to happen but being at the OB makes it all worthwhile and it?s possible to do that. The OB is filled with different perspectives, ideas, and styles that most would not know about in other places or in their daily lives but OB gives them that and it?s a place that gives you much more than just a place to type away, but a high quality ?service? that meets the necessary internet needs, and possibly wants, of those who are members at the ?Boards. In essence, the OB is just a big melting pot of differences and similarities, something that cannot be changes and I believe that it?s the people that make it all worthwhile.

Another thing about the OB is the staff, some of whom I?ve had the pleasure of talking to. It?s amazing how they?re able to take the time to come onto OB and run their part of the ?Boards and try to make everything organized and work for everyone that is at the ?Boards. I must say that for the few years I?ve been at the OB, I haven?t seen such a wonderful community like ours at OB. It?s also a great thing about OB that makes it all worthwhile to come to, the community, the people, and everything in it.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]I just want to correct this, in case there is a general perception relating to this.

The only thing that about length that I want Moderators to remove is when someone either makes a single-word post (like just saying "Yes" or "No" to a question), or when someone posts something that isn't terribly relevant or doesn't really explain anything.

It is possible to have posts that are only two or three sentences, provided that they are relevant and readable. That's all, really.

So, I just wanted to step in and dispel any idea that we delete posts based on some kind of set number of words or something. Obviously we encourage thoughtful posts, but it is possible to be thoughtful without writing a novel. ~_^

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I am really finding this thread very useful so far. Please feel free to continue responding![/font][/QUOTE]

Ah! Well, thank you very much for correcting me. I'm very happy to hear that it's not a rule. :)

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium][b]A) Which aspect of OtakuBoards do you find to be the most negative/confusing?[/b'][/font][/quote][color=navy]I personally find nothing negative or confusing about Otakuboards. Especially since the upgrade to v7. During v6, when I signed up, I was [i]extremely[/i] confused and had a horrible time finding my way around. By the time v7 neared I was getting used to navigating around the boards and since v7, navigating has been that much simpler.

I love the Otakuboards community. It's more like one big family rather than an online forum, you know?[/color]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium][b]B) What is your favorite aspect of OtakuBoards?[/b'][/font][/quote][color=navy]My favorite aspect of Otakuboards has to be The Arena. The Arena is the reason I signed up here at Otakuboards and The Arena is the reason I shall stay.

Oh, and I can't forget dear Kenneth. Sometimes I wonder where we'd all be without him.(Nowhere, I suppose)[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms][b]A)[/b] I dislike the way people tend to pick apart a post and go for a single sentence or a single word and viciously attack the author over it. However, it still feels better getting called out here than at say... Something Awful's boards where you say the wrong thing and 5000 people respond with pictures mocking you and posts saying little more than "you suck," and with any luck, your thread ends up in the Comedy Goldmine. ^_^ Thus, this place is better at being negative than anywhere else.

Some new skins would be nice though, even though Liquid just got updated and they're hard to make.

[b]B)[/b] I love the staff here. I enjoy them being easily approacable and friendly, and not some pissed off kid living in his grandma's attic switching between his forums and Counter-Strike (or maybe... nah...). I also like the members that have taken the time to say hi to me, I've met some awesome people through this place that are apparently planning to visit me, lol. Everyone here has their own distinct personality, from Sage's bluntness to Gavin's catchphrase he begins 99% of his posts with. It isn't just a website full of people that hate eachother, although some of the debate topics get quite spiteful.

I guess that's it.[/font]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=2]I must say, when complaints get down to the level of how many skins there are....there's just not much complaining going on.

[B]A)[/B] I can't really think of any problems. Really, nothing.

Wait! I got something! It...uh...takes a really long time to load on my PSP. And...yeah, that's all.

[B]B)[/B] First and foremost, the quality. I have belonged to several forums where pointless annoying posts are common (and possibly encouraged). This is the only one that really forces people to be relatively intelligent to post on it. Here, too, people breaking the rules are actually told to stop, and banned. It may seem harsh to some people, but I think it helps weed out the n00bs. (Note, not newb as in New Member, but n00b as in rule-breaking heathen)

Secondly, the Arena! Best role-playing forum I've ever seen, it feels more like telling a story from many view points, rather than having 3 dozen random posts. *Points threatening finger at Gaia*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]A) Which aspect of OtakuBoards do you find to be the most negative/confusing?[/COLOR]

I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I've always had a great time here. Whiners and trollers are a pain, but nothing that can be fixed by the system itself.

[COLOR=Purple]B) What is your favorite aspect of OtakuBoards?[/COLOR]

I LOVE Adventure Square/Inn. Getting involved in some of the stories that people create is amazing. There is also a terrific sense of teamwork or community there as everyone works together to create something that is greater that it's individual parts!

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]A) Which aspect of OtakuBoards do you find to be the most negative/confusing?[/B]

Well from observations throughout the year I've actually been here, I have found nothing wrong nor unsuitable. If there would be anything wrong, it would be part of the members problem, but not the board itself.

[B]B) What is your favorite aspect of OtakuBoards?[/B]

Personally it would be Art Studio (Art by Request as well). Simple reason, it is a wonderful area to establish a connection between OB artist in various ways; as well as helping other OB members out, either by forfilling (Is this even a word...?) a reqeust or giving constructive criticism to better one another creation.

There is also Adventure Square and its sub-forum as well. It's a great oppertunity to expand your horizens (Did I spell that right...lol..spellers block today.) of creativity. I'm also an rpg lover as well <.<...[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[b]A) Bad stuff:

[/b]The read receipts when you sen/recieve a private message, they're annoying and they don't seem to suit any purpose other than to pop up at you. Otherwise, this boards functionality and appearance are top-notch :cool:

[b]B) Good Stuff:

[/b]Hate to be clich'ed, but I have to go with the people, this forum is a great place for quality posting and friendships, the way I've forged friendships with people here that share fundamentally different philosophies to me is great. So many forums I go to I will lose friends over something like a religious thread and that never happens here, good stuff.

Oh, i left for like, ages as well, and I've been dragged back here! I can't keep away ;)