Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Gaming blah to fanboys


coolkam007
 Share

Recommended Posts

>.< This is just my little rant against all fanboys..

not aimed at any of you in particular

I'm sick of people that dislike a system for stupid (and often incorrect) reasons.. .. one example would be "because its made by Microsoft" or "GC is only for kiddie games" ..

At school i said 'first after i get my gba, i'll probably get gamecube then x-box.. and ps2 eventually'
Then i was practically attacked by my friends, with the same question "why would you want an X-box?" .. i stared at them for a second.. and then it struck me.. my friends are idiots.. lol. I told them that i wanted one because it looks like a good system and has some interesting looking games that i wanna try out. then, my friend said 'They arn't going to have any good games' .. i felt like smacking him ^_^ .. but i realized that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. .. .. then just curious about what they had against the X-box, i asked 'why Wouldn't they want one?'.. and their simple.. yet biased answer was 'because its made by Microsoft' ... thats when i stopped talking to them about the subject.. .. trying to talk to a fanboy about a game for a different system is like trying to talk to a person with the IQ of 5..

dont get me wrong i'm not a hardcore X-boxer or anything.. i want all of the systems..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]>.< This is just my little rant against all fanboys..

not aimed at any of you in particular

I'm sick of people that dislike a system for stupid (and often incorrect) reasons.. .. one example would be "because its made by Microsoft" or "GC is only for kiddie games" ..

At school i said 'first after i get my gba, i'll probably get gamecube then x-box.. and ps2 eventually'
Then i was practically attacked by my friends, with the same question "why would you want an X-box?" .. i stared at them for a second.. and then it struck me.. my friends are idiots.. lol. I told them that i wanted one because it looks like a good system and has some interesting looking games that i wanna try out. then, my friend said 'They arn't going to have any good games' .. i felt like smacking him ^_^ .. but i realized that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. .. .. then just curious about what they had against the X-box, i asked 'why Wouldn't they want one?'.. and their simple.. yet biased answer was 'because its made by Microsoft' ... thats when i stopped talking to them about the subject.. .. trying to talk to a fanboy about a game for a different system is like trying to talk to a person with the IQ of 5..

dont get me wrong i'm not a hardcore X-boxer or anything.. i want all of the systems.. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]I agree with you 100%.

I generally try to buy every console which comes out...

And I find it really funny when I see two people arguing over PS2 vs Dreamcast.

I own both, and so I can look at the situation objectively.

I often find that someone who owns a PS2 will say all these things about Dreamcast...yet they themselves don't own one (and probably never played one). Or vice versa.

I'm genuinely looking foward to a number of great Xbox games (mostly the SEGA titles for the machine) and I'm also very much looking foward to GameCube and its games. If I had to choose, I'd definitely buy GameCube (I still remember the first time I played Mario 64...the innovation left me totally flawed), however, I will try my best to buy both.

Besides, if you are ever arguing against something...it's always good to know your opponent inside out. That's exactly a quality which fanboys don't seem to have.[/color][/size]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i will most deffinately get a gamecube, because i'm an extreamly curious person and i want to find out more about being able to link my gba (which i'm getting for christmas) to a gamecube..

^o^ of course i also want to play some of the great awesome games! (pikmin would have to be the one that most interests me currently.. just because it reminds me of the first lemmings.. it looks very addictive.. and tough..)

and i must have a x-box for halo :) and the many other new titles that look simply amazing.. i'm looking forward to possible online capabilitys.. .. all i have to say is.. that it looks .. great.. and the controllers are comfortable :) .. althought the gem on the controller disapointed me when i saw it live.. :( i wish it was like on the pictures.. not like a plastic bubble :/ ohwell

and cant forget the ps2! its still in the battle! believe it or not :p they have many titles out and popular developers working with them (namely Squaresoft) .. i must have FFX, and FFXI.. so ps2 is still on my 'need to get' list :)

(heh.. man i suck at spelling, ohwell ^^;;; )
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i usually try to get every system that comes out, and one thing that i have is, that VirtualBoy thing that didn't make it to the markets. i gotit from the makers of it, and doesn't seem to bad. it's just a bit bulgy..........

but i generally have a favourite system out of all the systems i own, like out of the ones i own now, my favourite is the N64.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]i will most deffinately get a gamecube, because i'm an extreamly curious person and i want to find out more about being able to link my gba (which i'm getting for christmas) to a gamecube..[/B][/QUOTE]

That's just the same with me, i was totaly against Gamecube. But then i got my GBA, and now i am looking into buying a GC. I just want to beable to do all that ccol link stuff.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

eh, i was never totally against gamecube.. i already wanted one.. but the GBA link thing is just another reason for me to get one :)

btw, ¬¬ i'm sick when people dis on the Xbox controller, especially when they call it 'ugly' :p i agree that the plastic bubble is kinda ugly.. but who looks at their controller when their playing? O_o

the controller is actually very comfortible..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]but who looks at their controller when their playing? O_o [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well if you had a dreamcast and a VMU you might look at the controller when you play. I don't happen to be a big fan of the X-BOX contoller, but its no big deal because I will probably try to buy one anyway. Must play Halo...[/SIZE]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you want to look at controlers, just buy a jagwar, long pause, i do think that i would buy a x-box if i had the money, but i want a game cube, only cause i am a loyal nintendo gamer. it started back with the nintendo oringal, then nes, n64, and now game cube. i do think that halo is one of the best first person shooter i have ever played. even better that golden eye...... yet i only have a hate of sega..... and they are no longer a problm, hehe,
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]fanboys are stupid morons, enough said....

why they don't just agree that ALL consoles have their good points and bad points, I have NO idea.... [/B][/QUOTE]

You know, I think your first sentence actually provides a suitable answer to the second one.

I personally don't try to get [i]every[/i] (or even nearly every) system that comes out, but that's not due to favouritism or fanboyism (haha nice little word i created:D .. unless someone already has), its just that well, I dont have the time, money(OK, so that situation has changed a little), or room to get 'em all, or nearly all of 'em, AND play on all of them. Personally I normally buy nintendo consoles, but I should be gett'n a PS2 soon, and a Gamecube whenever it gets released in the UK (yeah, I could buy an import, but I'm patient :) )
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe that there are some systems that are hard or nearly impossible to look at objectively, such as the *points accusing finger* Atari Jaguar. Every system has it's pros and cons, but the Jaguar had very little of the former. The support for the system was just atrocious and the games reflected it. The controller was actually worse than the Xbox controller, which is today the most hated first party controller known to man. The Sega CD and 32X were pretty pathetic attempts to cash in as well. Especially the 32X, seeing as how it was only meant to tide over gamers until the debut of the Saturn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]The controller was actually worse than the Xbox controller, which is today the most hated first party controller known to man. The Sega CD and 32X were pretty pathetic attempts to cash in as well. Especially the 32X, seeing as how it was only meant to tide over gamers until the debut of the Saturn. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I agree with you there. I actually owned a Sega Mega CD (SEGA CD) and while I enjoyed some games (most noteably, Soinc CD...a Sonic-freak's most prized treasure), the system did fall very short of its goals. It was incredibly expensive when it launched and really, apart from Sonic CD, it played host to a library of very crappy titles.

As for the controller issue -- yes, the Jaguar controller was awful, with the Xbox controller coming in second -- although even the Xbox controller isn't as bad as the Jaguar's.

I wonder if, had Sega not decided to create such a poor console in the Saturn, they might have been able to make the Dreamcast last longer.

The Dreamcast was such a great console...it initially had good third party support, [b]awesome[/b] first-party games...and overall, it was just a well-designed console.

I think it's such a shame that the "Saturn-stigma" loomed over it...it never got a fair chance, which sucks (even though Sega's poor business decisions had a lot to do with it -- but you can't deny the Saturn-stigma's effect).[/size]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't played Xbox but one time in like walmart, and the gamecube one was taken.

On the subject of PS2 and Dreamcast, I have played both, I dont have both, but I have played them. I prefer the Play Station controller to the Dreamcast controller because the dreamcast one is to big for my liking, but they are both great systems, I have no problems with the games that are out for either. I am looking forward to buying a PS2, and getting MGS2, and FFX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...