OtakuBoards

Steel Chaos [M-LSV]

silpheedpilot

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu patrolled the downtown sector in his mech, his 'Fang' MkIII Attack mecha of the Knight Class. It wasn't fancy looking with all the urban camo paint but it got the job done with precise handling and quick movements compared to other Knight Class models. Kaizu moved around a skyscraper just as his warning alarms went off and the rockets exploded against the face of the skyscraper as he ducked back for cover.

"What in the hell?!" Kaizu yelled into his comm, "This is Patrol Nabiko Kaizu and we have unidentified mechs in the downtown sector! I didn't even catch them on my radar before they started firing on me!"

Kaizu's comm crackled before a cool, yet calm voice flowed into his ears through the headphones in his helmet, "Roger that, Kaizu. You are free to engage the enemy at will. Careful, they are Tyrant Class."

"Great.." Kaizu said to himself as he forced his mech to pull its energy sword out and engage the beam, "Alright...Lets go!"

Kaizu dipped out from behind the skyscraper and plunged his energy blade into a Tyrant Mech that got too close for its own good and with a crackle and a shower of sparks the mech went down as the others lifted thier arm cannons and started firing high velocity automatic rounds at Kaizu. With timed movements, Kaizu doged the bullets that were fired at him and ducked back behind a building.

"Look, I need some help out here! I've already spotted what looks like 8 other Tyrant Mechs and they're out for blood!" Kaizu frantically weaved around buildings, trying not to be hit by the stray bullets whizzing his way as he retreated deeper into the downtown area with more buildings. Tyrant Mech's weren't the most agile mechs out there and Kaizu would likely have the upperhand amidst the buildings. Kaizu breathed a little as he rounded another skyscraper and was deeper into the city. He knew that the Tyrant Class mechs wouldn't be able to move very well while in the inner city but the only downfall was that they could endanger many civilian lives.

"This is Patrol Kaizu," he sounded frantic, yet in control at the same time, "I need an evacuation warning issued to the inner city. This fight is about to become one hell of a ride!" Kaizu swung around and slashed at a Tyrant Mech, the metal from its arm made a screech as it fell from the rest of its arm and made a large metallic crash as it landed on the ground, however, it did not hesitate and lifted its other arm and started firing. Kaizu just barely dodged the rounds by taking cover behind another skyscraper. While behind the skyscraper Kaizu replaced his blade and pulled his shotgun from his shoulder, pumped it, and put his back against the skyscraper face. A Tyrant Mech started rounding the corner with an energy dagger raised but was cut short by the sound and crackle of the diffusor rounds that emanated from Kaizu's shotgun and with a loud crash the Tyrant Mech fell backwards into the face of another skyscraper.

"C'mon HQ! I need some serious back-up out here! Send anyone! New pilots or Veterans out on booze runs! I don't care because it seems to me that these Tyrants aren't the only attackers out there!", Kaizu pumped a shell into an advancing Tyrant mech before hiding behind another building. He would hold out as long as possible. Someone would come.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][i]"Sergeant Pilot Jullian Ray, please report to docking bay fourty-seven, immediately. Once again, will Sergeant Pilot Jullian Ray please report to docking bay fourty-seven, immediately. Command Post out."[/i]

The intercom speakers blared and echoed in the empty Olympic pool room. Jules lay in the middle of the water, staring up at the all-glass ceiling. It was Tuesday, her "swim day", her day of relaxation; and they just had to call for her. They didn't sound too happy either. Reluctantly, Jules swam to the side of the pool and pulled herself to the surface of the grey tiles.

"I wonder what they want with me this time," she gripped as she towled her hair dry.

She threw the towel around her waist and scooped up her gym bag. The wet bottoms of her feet padded gently across the tile, sending a series of soft slappings bouncing off of the water and walls. Outside the serene pool room the hallways buzzed with excitement of the military base. Only, this excitement was not joyous or victorious; instead, shouts of panic and tension throbbed in the small space.

"Colonel Matthews, what the hell is going on?" Jules shouted. Colonel Matthews was one of the top pilots of the aerial defense, and a good friend to the mech class.

"Where have you been? You've been called for several times! Get your ass down to docking bay. Prepare your mech to launch in five minutes," the Colonel quickly jogged past, throwing on his flight suit and tossing Jules hers.

"But--"

"You're needed for artillery," he interrupted and disappeared behind a wall of soldiers.

"Great, what has Kaizu done this time," she muttered and trotted barefoot to her designated bay. Once she got to bay fourty-seven, she quickly dressed in her pilot uniform and struggled to strap on her boots.

"I want to know who, what, when, where, and is Caboose's ammo stocked?" she barked, climbing the rickety catwalk to the cockpit of her mech. Quickly, and with careful precision, Jules began start up procedures and listened intently as a lower class sergeant spouted off information. Unfortunately, Jules had a small patience scale, and it only intensified with the sergeant's nasal voice.

"Just patch the rest of the information through the com link!"

With a quick thrust of her right hand, Caboose groaned to life and took off towards the pre-programmed position. As a traditional ritual, Jules braided her hair and hummed "Mary had a little lamb". The radar started to flash in the far corner as she gained up on Kaizu's position. She then took manual control and swivled the heavy machine around to come up from behind him. Caboose was Templar Class, and much heavier than a Shinobi or Knight. However, from "a lot of lovin' and enough practice", as she would say, Jules has perfected flawless, free-flowing movement. Colonel Matthews always told her she should've been a Shinobi; but Jules' heart told her otherwise.

"I guess I should call him," she switched on her communications link, "Sergeant Pilot Ray reporting for duty. Patrol Kaizu, do you copy?"

"Took you long enough. Where are you?"

Buzzing and static of Kaizu's fire and taking fire made his voice barely audible. Jules snickered and pulled back on her left hand's trigger, releasing a powerful blast from her plasma rifle over Kaizu's shoulder and straight into a Tyrant's cockpit. A playful smile danced across her lips as the massive mech burst into flames. The explosion forced both Caboose and Fang to take a step or two back.

"Right behind you."[/size]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Vince lay silently in his small barren quarters, briskly thinking of what to do. "Uhhh, this is so boring, there is nothing to do, I would even take patroll over this" He thought to himself sitting up and running his right hand through his hair. "Oh, well, I might as well go see if anyone else has something going on"[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred][/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]"Vincent Noctis, report to your mech immediatly for battle. Your mech is armed and ready to be deployed on your arrival." The soft but shrill voice rang out from his comm bractlet.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]"I guess someone knew I was bored" Laughed the pilot as he ran out of his room to the mech hanger.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]Shadow KingXIII, an EMM, elite melee mech, or simply Shadow as Vince called him was standing solemnly, as if he had been waiting for this day for years. The mech was a welcome sight to Vince as he sped up the catwalk, jumping in the open cockpit.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]"Vince Noctis reporting for duty" He said smoothly as the start up system display loaded as he began the start up of the machine.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]"You are to rendevouz with Nabiko Kaizu and Jules Ray at the coordinates being sent to you. There you will engage and assist them in destroying enemy Tyrant class mechs. Take note that some of the people from the city have not evacuated so try to keep the residental damage to a minimum, understood?" A calm voice flowed from Shadow's comm.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]"Yes, sir...........Shadow KingXIII launching" Vince stated bringing the mech out of the hangar.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]Shadow sprinted towards the blinking dot on Vince's radar. The speed and agility of the Shinobi class never ceased to amaze Vince as he pulled on a pair of black leather gloves. "So theres a bunch of Tyrants out there for us, eh Shadow. I don't get how they can pilot those things, speed and agility are just more enjoyable as well as useful, but who am I to judge" Vince took Shadows controls as the now neared the blinking dots on his radar. Swiftly he jumped to the top of an appartment building, surveying the two mechs below him. [/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]They stumbled back from explosion from a destroyed Tyrant. Though another behemoth of a mech had managed to get behind them and was raising his arm to fire. Vince gracefully jumped off the building, adjusting his fall to the enemy mech. Grabbing his Plasma blade he cut down into the robot drawing a long spray of sparks from the Tyrant's neck to is opposite hip. Shadows landing was accompanied by a large crash from the Tyrants head and right arm as they fell to the concrete. Vice quickly jumped over the fallen mech joining his allies.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=darkred]"You two should learn to watch your back" Vince stated calmly positioning himself back to back with the Templar mech. "Vince Noctis, reporting for battle" He added smoothly before letting the comm channel fall silent.[/color][/font]

[color=Navy]Sakura had been training in the gymnastics area of the gym when her comm bracelet crackled to life.

[i][b]"Sakura Valentine, report to the docking bay immediately, you are needed for battle. Repeat, report to the docking bay." [/b][/i]

[b]"Great, what's going on now?" [/b]

Sakura frowned and quickly mopped her sweat off and changed into her plugsuit, running through the halls with her backpack slung over her shoulder. She made her way into the docking bay.

The doors slid open and she ran across the catwalk to where Chiméiteki was waiting with it's cockpit exposed. Sakura dropped her bag in and jumped in after it. She turned it on with practised ease and flicked switches and hit buttons everywhere.

[b]"Sakura Valentine, reporting for duty." [/b]she said after turning on her comm.

[b]"Join Nabiko Kaizu, Jules Ray, and Vincent Noctis at the co-ordinates. " [/b]Sakura saw a pair of co-ordinates flash up on screen. [b]"Assist in the attack against enemy Tyrants. But be aware that some citizens may not have evacuated so be careful around the residential buildings." [/b]

[b]"Sir, yes, sir. Chiméiteki launching." [/b]

Sakura piloted Chi out of the hangar and typed the co-ordinates into the controls. A cluster of three red blips appeared in the area of the city. They represented each of the other Mechs on their side.

Chi streaked across the land, the swiftness of a Shinobi class was magnificent and Sakura loved the speed. She tried to imagine herself piloting a Tyrant, she shook her head and laughed about it.

[b]"Can you imagine me piloting a Tyrant, Chi? AS if, it's way too slow for my likes." [/b]she grinned and she was almost upon the area in the city where the others were.

She hopped up onto the roof of a large corporation building and looked at the battle. She took out Chi's shotgun and took aim at the joint for the arm that was holding a large rocket launcher. Sakura fired and the bullet hit the target, the arm fell useless and the launcher dropped to the ground.

[b]"Can I join the party?" [/b]she grinned. [b]"Sakura Valentine reporting." [/b]

She replaced the shotgun and pulled out her plasma dagger, extending it into a sword. She flipped gracefully from above and held the sword above her head, bringing it down on the cockpit part of a Tyrant below her, there was the sizzling and sparks as she sliced through wiring and the grinding as she cut through the metal.

Sakura fell into place beside Vince and Kaizu, they formed a square, looking to all sides.
[/color]

Training sessions in the VR chamber weren't known for their accurate portrayals of combat, regardless of what certain companies might say. Opponents lacked common sense, and their reaction speed constantly shifted - going from reflexes that would make the best of pilots jealous, to reflexes that would make the worst of pilots boast. Still, as far as Isaac was concerned, it was the one and only thing on the base that kept him at least mildly entertained.

Isaac was closing in on the last target, and had just brought it within firing range when the target and everything around it froze into place. The intercom buzzed for a few seconds, then clicked.

"Isaac Devereux, please report for combat duty. Your mech is armed and ready for deployment."

Isaac sighed with a mixture of relief and disappointment as the viewscreen faded to black and the 'cockpit' hissed open. He stepped out onto the cold metal floor, and rushed into the hallway towards the docking bays. From the looks of things, several other mechs had already been deployed, and a several more - Sekhmet included - stood waiting for their pilots. Slipping into the cockpit of the Knight, Isaac ran through the startup procedures he'd practiced in the VR chamber just a few minutes ago.

The last screen came online along with the comm. system, not that there was anything to see yet. "Ready for launch, Control."

"A number of unidentified Tyrant mechs have engaged Nabiko Kaizu's patrol mech inside the city. Three pilots have already been dispatched to assist him, and the co-ordinates have been logged in your navigation computer. A complete evacuation of the area can not be confirmed, so watch your fire."

"Confirmed. Sekhmet launching."

The cockpit shuddered as the mech began to move under the autopilot's control, clearing the docking bay doors and charging out into the open. Almost as soon as it entered the denser area of the city, four red dots came up on the radar, arranged into a square. Switching over to manual control, Isaac briefly double-checked his weapon status, and opened a channel with the other pilots.

"Nabiko Kaizu?"

There was a brief burst of static through the speakers, which subsided to a low hum. "Kaizu here. You here to help?"

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=2]Tobias sat perfectly still. With his mech's camo, he was practically invisible. As long as he stood still. The jumpier new recruits could never stand the stillness, but Tobias loved it.

Falcon perched on the roof of the barracks. His through his scope, Tobias surveyed the entire city. Looked quiet in the residential area. He liked to double check that the residential area was safe, it was the most important part of the city. He never wanted an attack to get anywhere near there.

"Tobias, you copy?" a female voice crackled over his radio.

"Here, Sheila." he said quietly, "What do you need?"

"There's a disturbance downtown, a group of unauthorized Tyrants. Take them out." A dot appeared on his radar. About 35 degrees east, he figured.

"Check."

Tobias smiled icily and swung his rifle around. They were several miles away. A decent challenge. He looked increased his scope magnification, and watched the battle for a moment. There were already five mechs there, out of those he only recognized Vince and Kaizu.

Three Tyrants began moving in to intercept the assembled group, guns blazing. Tobias almost fired, but he saw a flicker of movement on his right. Knight class, trying to move around behind the mechs. He took careful aim, adjusted for movement and fired.

There was a flash of light from the barrel of his rifle. A moment later, the mech exploded into a billion dollar fireball. [I]Direct hit to the fuel tanks[/I], he thought, [I]perfect. [/I]

"Kaizu? Tobias here. Watch your back, these guys know what they're doing," he was short and precise, and began lining up his next shot.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Takayanagi went around another building, just acting like he normally does, very bored. "Wow, this secter is anything but lively." He sighed agian as he opened a com link to the base.

"This is Takayanagi Shoma reporting in. Secter two is clear. Nothing out of the ordinary here." He waited a second for the comunicater to report back.

"Good job Taka. We have something we need you to look into. seems that Nabiko Kaizu has found a couple of Tyrant mechs that wish him dead. Why don't you go and give him a little support?"

He began to smile" About time someone there had found something interesting. Be right there" He shut the link off and ignighted his thrusters. He made one big jump that put him on a ridge about a mile outside the city on a big ridge.

"Alrighty. Where are those big guys." He set up his sniper rifle and began scanning the city interior. He finally spotted a mech hiding behind a building. When the report came up he found it to be Caboose.

"Oh, so they have already sent others out here. Time for me to make an entrence." He smiled as he say one of the Tyrant mechs try to sneak around the building next to her. He gave it a second, then fired a round, hitting the mech in the neck, destroying its cameras.

"One. These guys are a pretty low grade Tyrant." He sighed as he saw it fall in front of Caboose.

He opened a link to try and get a response."Hello? This is Taka Shoma. I'm giving you five a little high round cover. Do you copy?" He gave it a second as someone came on the other side.

"This is Sergeant Jullian Ray. Pilot of Caboose. Thanks for the backup."

Taka began to laugh,"Hey, don't menchion it. Just let me know if you need me to take another shot."

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu glanced around at his surroundings, seeing many of the Tyrant mechs removed from battle he began to breath a bit. Many more blips showed up on 'Fang's radar screen and Kaizu huffed in irritation.

[B]"They aren't serious? Are they!? Well, guys, it looks like we go our work cut out for us today! More combatants on approach. 4 more Tyrants, 3 Templars, 3 Knights, and for all you Shinobi nerds out there...6 Shinobi Class mechs. Closing fast."[/B], Kaizu turned 'Fang' to face the on coming threat of the Knight Class mechs that were advancing closer to him then his teammates, [B]"Everyone keep on your guard..Oh, and TRY and save me some scraps so I can identify these jokers!"[/B]

Kaizu forced 'Fang' to turn right and start towards the oncoming Knights. He replaced the shotgun and whipped up the Assault Rifle, this battle could be get hairy and Kaizu needed as much accuracy as possible.

[B]"Shoma and Tobias. I need you two to remove those Tyrant Mechs from battle and TRY to get the Shinobis. If you're aim isn't true then don't try for the shot...Useless civilian casualties are unacceptable!" [/B], Kaizu stopped short of the advancing mechs and put 'Fang's back to a skyscraper. With a breath and a pop of his knuckles Kaizu was ready for battle and with that Kaizu exposed himself from cover and started firing into the group of Knight mechs. Kaizu was probably war crying into his comm as he fired the obnoxiously loud Assault Rifle but he didn't care because he knew his teammates would just drown him out in their own grunts, whistles, war cries, and the sound of gunfire. This battle was already heated and it showed no signs of letting up. Kaizu sank back into cover while he reloaded but a stray shot clipped his right shoulder as he covered.

[B]"Dammit! Nothing serious!"[/B], Kaizu whipped out of cover again and started firing, he took down one Knight mech with a few well placed shots to the cockpit area. Even though most pilots were in the chest of the mech and armored to the teeth they weren't invincible and Kaizu knew that. Kaizu spotted more Knight mechs on the horizon, even more than the first three he was already fighting.

Jules came out of left field with her heavy machine gun blazing, she took out a Knight mech and ducked into cover behind a building adjacent from Kaizu.

[B]"I couldn't let you have all the fun now!" [/B], Jules said, laughing.

[B]"I guess not!"[/B], Kaizu popped out and fired some more before returning to cover, [B]"Just watch your six."[/B]

[B]"No, you should watch your six!" [/B] ,Jules jumped out of cover and laid waste to the final of the three advance party Knight mechs that happened to get around behind Kaizu by putting way too many bullets into it, [B]"You can thank me later!"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=darkred]Vince braced himself against a building and studied his radar. "Damn, they are really going all out," He though as he picked out a group of mechs he would attack. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Hey Tobais, you copy" Vince worded calmly into his comm.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Yeah Vince, what do you need?" Tobais answered quietly.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"I'm heading over to attack 4 mechs to the North East, there should be a Tyrant, a Templar, and 2 Shinobi. I'm swinging around to flank the Templar, if you could provide some long distance cover and take out the Shinobis if you can, ok?" Vince asked Tobais, one of the few people he was naturally a good team with.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Alright" The sniper quietly answered.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]Vince darted from building to building as he swifltly circled around the enemies making note to stay just out of range of thier radar. He carefully picked out the Templar mech and adjusted his position so he was hidden by a building behind the mech.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Tobias, take your shots now!" Fayt yelled into the comm, recieving a shot as a reply.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]Quickly he rolled out of the buildings cover, drawing his plasma blade as he closed in on the templar.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Vince wait, I only got one Shinobi down" Tobais exclaimed though his words fell apon dead ears.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]Shadow sped towards the target shootingt one of his energy daggers into the back of the enemy robot. The energy blade protruding from the cockpit as the Templar fell backwards to the ground chrushing a nearby car. Vince jumped over the fallen mech and turned to see the second shinobi about to strike him. But before he could place the blow a sound of thunder rang out followed by the sound of metal tearing metal. The Shinobi dropped backwards from the powerful shot.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Thought I would give a fellow Shinobi a hand" A soft female voice expained.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]Vince quickly turned his mech arounf to see Sakura standing on top of a building shotgun smoking as she returned it to her back, drawing her energy blade.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"If you insinst, there is one more mech in the area a Tyrant class, I'll take left you take right. We will attack in unison, I'll take high you got low, understood?" Vince mindlessly explained.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Roger" She replied as they both darted away in opposited direction before turning up paralell streets. The blinking dot on the radar quickly approached the center as the traveled up the street before stopping and positioning themselves against two buildings. There they waited for the tryant mech who was about 10 seconds away.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Go" Fayt said casually as he turned round to see the enemy just enter the intersection.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]He sped towards the mech energy sword ready. Gracefully he jumped over the mech taking off its head with a swift slash before flipping around in air, landing with a crunch as the concrete buckled. Sakura had slashed through the mechs torso simutaneosly. The tyrants head toppled off forwards as the beast fell backwards the chest and legs separating.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"With speed, style and agility, just the way I like it" Vince thought to himself as he looking down at his radar, checking to see what other enemies there were to engage.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]"Falcon, how things looking up there, you got anything for me?" Vince staded to Tobias, who had the advantage of sight.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=#8b0000]OOC: I hope that was ok Sakura and Lord Rannos, if not let me know and I'll try to change it and make note of it for the future.[/color][/size][/font]

Isaac fired five rounds at the approaching mechs, and hastily moved back into the shadow of the building. A torrent of bullets filled the air to his left, tearing through the bridge directly behind where he had just been standing. Seconds later the bridge collapsed, kicking up a cloud of dust that - hopefully - might keep him concealed and out of danger for the time being.

The comm system hummed for a second, then cleared up. "Devereux, looks like you're a little holed in there. Need a hand?"

"..If you're offering. I'm a little blind here."

Isaac thought he could hear a slight chuckle through the speakers before Taka replied. "Dust'll do that. OK... looks like to Templars, with a Tyrant backing them up."

One of the blips on Sekhmet's radar started to move towards the center, while the other 2 stayed as they were. "Can you get a mark on the Tyrant?"

"No problem. Just say when."

The mech, presumably a Templar, continued to close in. It hesitated briefly around 70 metres from Isaac's position, giving him the time he needed to mount his rifle and exchange it for the HV Pistol, then started to move again. The blip came closer and closer to the centre, and within a few seconds was almost indistinguishable from his own.

"Fire!"

Right on cue, a loud gunshot rumbled from the upper levels of the city, followed by an explosion that lit up the street. Isaac pushed Sekhmet into a slow spin that brought it out from its hiding place, face-to-face with the enemy mech. The Templar swung back around to fire at Isaac, but fell motionless after a point-blank shot to the cockpit area. Isaac brought Sekhmet down into a crouch behind the lifeless mech, shielding himself from the second Templar as he switched back to his assault rifle.

Countless bullets ricocheted off the thicker armour of the dead Templar, while many more punched through, sparks and shards of metal flying everywhere. Isaac pushed Sekhmet out slightly, letting off a few rounds of his own, but without taking the time to target the attacking mech's weak spots the bullets just bounced off.

He pulled back behind the now ruined Templar, and jammed a new ammo cartridge into the rifle. "Damn it...", he groaned, opening a channel to Taka. "Shoma, can you-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the distant mech exploded violently, shattering the windows of the office blocks surrounding it. Isaac sighed with relief, and clambered out into the open, pushing the long-dead Templar to the ground with ease.

"Thanks Taka."

"Heh, it wasn't me. Still, you owe me for the first one, got it?"

"Got it"

Taka sighed as helooked through his monitor,"Wow, we have taken so many out, yet they still decide to come. Thats crazy." He laughed a little as Jules came onto his com link.

"Taka, where are you? I have a little problem that could use your help. I'm in the lower secter of the city."

"Ok, got your visual. Whats the problem?"

There is a bowman somewhere on the outskirts. He has me pinned down here. Think you could take him out?" She had a little hint of embarresment on her voice.

"No problem. Just todd a car in front of the street. If his nerves are wired then he won't hesitate to pull the trigger." He watched her slowly pick a small car up then toss it. A second later a loud shot was heard and the car exploded before it hit the ground.

"Did you see where it came from? I really need to get out of this spot."

"Yes and no. Yes I got him, but no, I wont let you leave." He giggled then told her to be still as he moved his gun a little to the direction the bullet came from. when he got himself positioned, he had a lightweight Bowman looking right at him.

"C'mon, wave you unlucky bastard. I'm right here.: He made his suit wave as the bowman turned twards him. A second later the same loud shot was heard, but this time the enamy Bowman exploded as it fell from its perch.

"That was pretty cool. He got to see who killed him before he died." Taka laughed as he saw Jules move.

"You are welcome Ms. Jules." He said before the com-link was terminated.

[size=1]Jules chuckled to herself and repositioned a few meters away from the last Tyrant. Surprisingly, he didn't flinch or give hint that he knew she was approaching him.

"What's going on with this? I know you can see me, fatty," she whispered and pulled her heavy machinegun in front of her.

Her fingers squeezed the trigger, unloading rounds point blank into the Tyrant. Jules clenched her teeth as the smoke from the barrels cleared to reveal the Tyrant standing perfectly unscathed, and staring straight back at her. Taken back and a bit frightened by the eerie reaction, Jules tossed one of her impact grenades to his feet. Jumping back, she quickly switched on the comm link that reached all friendly company.

"What the.." her voice struggled to stay calm and collective as she witnessed her infamous grenades explode and do minimal damage to the now approaching Tyrant. Frantic started to creep over her skin as she quickly conducted a scan of this mech.

[i]Data Error 1512-- Unable to identify targeted information.[/i]

"Everyone, we may have a slight problem," a nervous snicker broke through her throat.

"What's going on, Jules?" Vince was the first to respond.

"This Tyrant seems to have an unidentified armor. It's coming up as Data Error 1512. Either that, or they're hiding something."

"Did you try blasting him?" Kaizu replied, sliding up next to her.

"Of course, I did. But he's taking little to no damage with the explosives, or my bullets. Someone see if you can slice him," Jules jumped back, "I'll keep your perimeter covered if any other surprises want to jump out. Snipers, keep your eyes open. I'm getting some erroneous readings that keep popping up on my scanner."

"I keep seeing them too," Sakura jumped in, "I'm not sure what to make of them."

"Perhaps, they're playing around with us. I've heard rumors of cloaking devices, and I'm not about to let that go in one ear and out the other," Jules growled and readied her plasma rifle in one hand and a grenade in the other.

"Right on. Vincent, Sakura, double-team on this wide load. Jules, Isaac, and myself will provide close proximity cover. Taka and Tobias, cover our rears and keep sharp on those squirrely pips on the radar," Kaizu readied Fang with his assault rifle and gave the signal for the Shinobi to launch their attack.[/size]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu waved 'Fang's arm foward and the team launched their simuteneous assault on the Unknown Tyrant. What was it packing? Diamon Alloy Plating or some new defensive shield? Didn't matter, really because it was about to go down in a shower of sparks. Sakura leapt foward at the mech with her energy blade drawn, she slashed at its torso as Vince put a long-range slug into its head but to everyone astonishment; It was still standing, un-scathed, un-hurt, and totally oblivioud to what was going on around it, or at least thats what it wanted the team to think.

[B]"Dammit! What the hell!? This is not looking good, team! I hate to break it to you all but I've heard of this before and only one country has its technology. Garret Minor. Yeah, our enemy for over 25 years that we suposidly stomped out in the last Great War,"[/B] Kaizu explained, glancing at the Tyrant, still standing.

[B]"So you think Garret is back for revenge or something?," [/B] Sakura asked.

[B]"I'm thinking its something like that and if they have this kind of weaponry then we're in over our heads.."[/B] Kaizu didn't like admitting that he was on the losing side but at this moment that was the case.

Before Kaizu could put his hands back on the mech controls the Uknown Tyrant sprung into action. Quick. He snatched up Sakura's mech by its neck with one arm and tossed it into a skyscraper nearly a block away then turned to look at Jules. He started walking toawrds her not even bothering to raise a weapon. Jules started firing at the mech with her plasma rifle and she jetted backwards tossing the grenade at the Tyrant but he simply caught it in mid-air, enclosed a fist around it and let it blow up in his hand. Kaizu quickly raised his assault rifle and started firing at the Tyrant knowing he wasn't doing any damage. All he wanted to do was get the Tyrant away from Jules or anyone for that matter. The Tyrant kept moving towards Jules and raised a fist at Kaizu and in a flash of a few seconds the fist was away from its arm and flying at Kaizu. Kaizu dodged the fist, but not totally, though it did smash 'Fang's left arm to uselessness.

[B]"Oh man, this is not looking so good! Everyone retreat! Retreat! HQ We need an evacuation on the whole city..We've encountered a mech that cannot be stop by conventional means. I repeat that we've encountered a mech that cannot be stopped by conventional means!," [/B] Kaizu was already starting to back away, keeping an eye on the yrant mech, [B]"Everyone retreat!"[/B]

HQ crackled into Kaizu's comm and the same cool and calm voice addressed Kaizu,

[B]"Roger that, Patrol Kaizu. Your enemy mech isnt the only one...It seems that they've been deployed all over the city. Our forces are running thin so retreat into the mountains and rendevous at Lowwell Base. I repeat, cease all combat and retreat to Lowwell Base in the Mountains."[/B]

[B]"We're retreating into the mountains at Lowwell Base. Go! Now!," [/B] Kaizu turned and started dashing away, he turned 'Fang's head to see that Jules and Sakura were right behind him and the others were sure to be retreating too. They better be if they didn't want to become mince meat from that Unknown Tyrant.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=Navy]Sakura thought that this Mech would be as easy to slice through as the one Vince and herself had teamed up against earlier, and boy was she wrong. Her blade, which should have sliced through it like a hot knife through butter, didn't leave a scratch, and Vince's shot had become useless too.

Sakura was shocked and stunned, but sheathed her blade and flipped away swiftly because she didn't know when it would attack. The team started to suspect it was Garrett having returned.

Sakura had thought she was a safe distance from the mech, but she was wrong, it moved up close to her quickly and grabbed Chi by the neck. Sakura struggled and gripped the arm with Chi's hands. Before she knew it, she was flung powerfully into a skyscraper, the building collapsing around her. She was buried under rubble but could hear rounds being shot.

She pushed away the large slabs that held Chi down and they emerged. Sakura didn't know what the damage looked like, but she knew it was bad from the indicators inside, all the parts were flashing red, indicating high amounts of damage. Her left arm was solid red, indicating uselessness in that part. Sakura drew her blade again in defense and made her way over to the group again, knowing Chi looked worse for ware.

As she came up to be one with the team, they were told over comm from Kaizu to retreat to the mountains, to Lowwell Base. Kaizu dashed, with all of them behind him. Chi's legs were quite badly damaged, making her slower than usual, but it was still faster than some of the others. She kept up with the group, Sakura would just have to make it to the base, get Chi fixed up, and then they'd be back in action.

Sakura wasn't too far behind Kaizu, actually the distance was quite small. She commed him.

[b]"Didn't expect that to happen, huh?" [/b]Sakura grinned, grimly.

[b]"No, it certainly was unexpected. I thought you and Vincent would turn it into scrap quite easily. Guess it told me." [/b]Kaizu frowned.

[b]"...How bad?" [/b]she asked.

Kaizu knew what she meant. [b]"Pretty bad, crushed in a bit everywhere, lots of scratches. Left arm not working?" [/b]he questioned.

[b]"No, your's isn't either, what happened?" [/b]

[b]"It fired it's fist at me, hit me in the shoulder, rendered it useless. How come your left arm's damaged instead of your right?"

"Heh, force of habit and instinct. I always stick my left arm out to help break my fall, always try to protect my right since I'm right handed."

[/b]The mountains loomed ahead, that was their destination, hopefully they didn't run into anything else on the way.
[/color]

[COLOR=#959478][b]Down at Lowwell Base?s Hangar 14[/b], Heavy Metal Queen was propped up in a corner labeled ?T32-CX?. People in olive jumpsuits worked around the mecha, now unscrewing bolts in the frame, now checking connections between boards and wires. A number of tubes extending from the ceiling twisted around what looked like a jumbled mass of crudely cut wires, busted pistons and crumpled pieces of yellow metal connected to HMQ?s broad left shoulder. Dismal.

[b]O[/b]n the same shoulder stood HMQ?s pilot, Melissa Mao, who was then studying the blueprints taped to the side of the mecha?s head. Countless cigarette butts litter her workplace and somewhere in that nicotine mess, an old radio was crackling out a steady stream of chatter:

[INDENT][i][COLOR=#656448]"I keep seeing them too, I'm not sure what to make of them."
"Perhaps, they're playing around with us. I've heard rumors of cloaking devices, and I'm not about to let that go in one ear and out the other,"
"Right on. Vincent, Sakura, double-team on this wide load. Jules, Isaac, and myself will provide close proximity cover. Taka and Tobias, cover our rears and keep sharp on those squirrely pips on the radar,"[/COLOR][/i][/INDENT]

[b]J[/b]ust then, a not-so-crackly, most-definitely-someone-from-the-base voice broke through her teammates? signal and barked through the speakers: [COLOR=#656448]?Melissa, are you listening to this??[/COLOR] Melissa sighed out a smoke ring and bit her cigarette. [COLOR=#656448]?Yes, Colonel. As always.?

?Jules' heavy arms didn't even scratch it. What do you think, Engineer??
?Maybe a new type of armor, may just be a holographic projection. Want me to go check it out, sir??
?No, no. We?ll just wait for them here. Hopefully they?d have more data on it other than ?impenetrable armor?. Meanwhile, you?d better get your guys ready. Looks like a number of them got hit.?
?Roger that, Chief.?[/COLOR]

[b]M[/b]elissa dropped her cigarette, stepped on it and slid down HMQ?s right arm. She then whistled to the hangar staff and picked up a megaphone from a nearby table. All heads turned to her as she cleared her throat through the megaphone and prepared for another short yet sweet pep talk:

[COLOR=#656448]?Alright, you bums! Leave HMQ for now and clean this hangar up! We?ve got customers coming.?[/COLOR]

[b]OOC:[/b] Sorry it took me this long to post![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu lead his team up the foothills of the mountains, and around great bends all the while half-expecting an ambush or a giant aircraft flying over and dropping bombs on them but nothing ever happened to them. Garrett's force stayed in the city to defeat stragglers and eradicate all life that didn't evacuate up into the mountains at Lowwell Base. It was a sad day in history.

[B]"Looks like our home will soon be their home..," [/B] Kaizu muttered as he stepped up onto a larger boulder and hopped down on the other side. He help the rest of his team over and they continued further in, [B]"Lets just report what we saw..Even that crazy inpenetrable Tyrant...Man, that thing was a nightmare."[/B]

Vince interjected, [B]"You could say that again."[/B]

[B]"Man, that thin-" [/B] Kaizu started.

[B]"Not literally."[/B], Vince finished.

The team continued up into the mountains until they caught sight of Lowwell Base, over run by evacuation choppers and evacuation buses. Lowwell Base was going to have its hands fun taking care of these people but Kaizu and his team would likely have their hands full dealing with Garrett. They had to pay for what they did and they would pay in blood. Kaizu motioned the team into a hangar that was almost empty sans for a few patrol mechs. Each pilot positioned its mech near the scaffolding so techs could work on them and each pilot got out.

As Kaizu climbed out of the cockpit exposed from the chest cavity he threw his helmet as the controls and stepped out onto the catwalk, he leaned against the railing and looked Fang over. Its arm was busted up and the new paint job was already scratched. Someone had to pay for these damages! Sadly, though, it was going to be Kaizu. The loudspeaker sounded and said;

[B]"All pilots retreating from Orlin City [/B] (the city now under siege by Garrett) to [B]Lowwell Base report to Captain Harlin Keegan's quarters immediately."[/B]

Kaizu sighed and looked about, seeing the pilots that he was just fighting alongside and knew that some of the pilots he didn't even know but a few he had a pretty good standing with. Regardless they were all in this mess together.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][i]"All pilots retreating from Orlin City to Lowwell Base report to Captain Harlin Keegan's quarters. Immediately."[/i]

The loudspeaker called again after about two minutes. Every pilot stared at each other, fully aware of the lecture that was soon to be spouted. Jules, in particular, didn't care much for Captain Keegan. To him, he was a pompus ass and quite full of himself. They had known each other before he went to officer's training years back, and they were pretty close friends. But once Harlin came home, the pride of superiority went straight to his head. He became arrogant and cocky.

"You going to be okay, Jules? We haven't spoken to the Captain in a few years," Kaizu lightly elbowed Jules, snapping her out of a slight daydream.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. But, please promise you won't start anything," she pleaded, tugging on his arm.

"Hey now, he punched at me first the last time," Kaizu protested, swinging Jules around and shoving her forward.

"I'm just saying don't even provoke anything. If he says something, just let it go. We want to be in and out of here as quickly and painlessly as possible," Jules pointed firmly.

The group slowly sauntered towards Officer's Quarters, brushing off any sort of dirt or sweat, straightening their flight suits. Jules took another look towards Kaizu. For some reason, she couldn't shake the feeling he was contemplating just what he'd do if Harlin threw him a dirty glance. Then it would be 4 years ago, all over again. Only this time, the consequences of their actions would be far greater.

"All right people, I'll introduce us. All you gotta do is stand at attention," Kaizu mumbled. The group nodded and shifted outside of the officer's door.

Kaizu gave a firm two knocks and pushed the door open. Captain Keegan gave a slight hand gesture for the team to enter his clean office. The carpet was a dark blue, and the walls were stark white, dark wood furniture with barely any personal items decorating the walls and desk. Keegan was a slender man with broad shoulders, lightly tanned skin and neatly slicked back, short brown hair. He was very attractive, and knew it. The group entered the office, quiet and professional. They stood in a line in front of the Captain's desk as Kaizu stood in front of the rank.

"Patrol Nabiko Kaizu and team reports as ordered," Kaizu stood perfectly still, bringing his right arm sharply to a crisp salute.

The Captain stood up and saluted, "At ease, Pilots. As you might assume, I'm not a happy camper right now. Today's little performance was embarassing, and is now steadily growing chaotic. We cannot tolerate this action, and I will not allow a circus. You all are our finest crew, and I expect a snappier pace."

"Sir--" Sakura began before she was cut off.

"Now, someone explain to me what the hell happened out there."[/size]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu stepped foward, snapping up a salute and just as quickly putting it down.

[B]" Sir, we encountered Garrett Mechs and they attacked in full force. We tried to fend them off but they were hell bent on taking Olrin. After destroying a number of enemy mechs we then encountered a Tyrant Class Mecha with inpenetrable armor, or a force field...We couldn't determine. Some of us got banged up pretty bad," [/B] Kaizu turned to his teammates, nodding then he turned back to Harlin, [B]"So we retreated up here into the mountains to re-arm and re-attack if neccessary."[/B]

[B]"That won't be neccessary, actually. You and your team are to be sent out to attack and take over a heavily defended research center run by Garrett Forces in the heart of Baskin Territory. Yes, that will suffice."[/B] Harlin stood from his desk and turned to face the panoramic window over looking the hangar, [B]"Quite a few good mechs out in that hangar there....A shame they could be wiped out in your up-coming mission."[/B]

Isaac started to move but Kaizu held his hand out to stop him, the team didn't need any trouble as is.

[B]"With all due respect, Sir." [/B] Kaizu said with nil respect in his voice, [B]"Baskin Territory is barren, frozen and can hardly sustain life...Even you know that!"[/B]

[B]"You have your order Patrol." [/B] Harlin turned back around to face the team, narrowing his glare.

Kaizu nodded to the door and the team quietly left. With a quick snap of his head Kaizu was looking at Harlin with a death glare.

[B]"Now you listen to me Harlin." [/B] Kaizu said, taking a single yet large step foward.

[B]"Wha-?!" [/B] Harlin didn't look afraid but Kaizu knew that he was.

[B]"I will not have you send a team, MY team, on a wayward mission in to the barren and frozen wasteland that is Baskin all because you have a grudge against me. I will not have it Harlin!" [/B] Kaizu was near shouting.

[B]"Look, Kaizu, grudge not withstanding, I too take orders and this mission for you came straight from the top. Directly from the Supreme Mech Commander himself, and he ordered me to order you into Baskin Territory to destroy the research station. You have three days left before the cargo plane arrives to transport you and your team..I'm sorry you don't like it...But I sure in the hell do." [/B] Harlin curled his lips into a sinister smile.

[B]"You slime!!" [/B] Kaizu threw a punch at Harlin and connected with his jaw a sickening cacophony of breaking bone resonated throughout the room.

Kaizu turned away from Harlin and stole out of the room. Jules was next to the door with her arms crossed and her foot propped up against the wall.

[B]"You hit him again."
"We're going to Baskin Territory."
"You hit him again."
"We have three days rest."
"Dammit Kaizu! You hit him again!"[/B]

Kaizu turned to Jules and grasped her amrs, leaning in close.

[B]"Have you ever been to Baskin?!" [/B] Kaizu asked through clenched teeth.

[B]"No but-"[/B]

[B]"Its easily the worst place on all of this Earth...A frozen wasteland, barren." [/B] Kaizu let Jules go and shook his head, [B]"No..I'm not letting you go. None of you. I'll go myself. There is no need to endanger the rest of you on such a suicidal mission." [/B] Kaizu turned away and headed towards the barracks.

Jules started after Kaizu but he held up a hand that clearly meant; [B]"Stay away!"[/B]. She would have time to talk to him later. Kaizu turned the corner and accidently bumped into someone. A pilot. Pretty famous, too. It was Melissa Mao. Pilot fo the Heavy Metal Queen or more commanly known as the HMQ on the battlefield.

[B]"If you're going to see Harlin he is out like a light. So don't bother." [/B] Kaizu rubbed his right knuckles and brushed past Melissa, continuing to the barracks.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkred][b]"Damn, Baskin, it had to be Baskin, of all the god forbidden places it had to be there"[/b] Vince callously thought as he wandered around the base.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"That Harlin is a bastard, if Kaizu hadn't of hit him I would have done it for him, but I think I'm gonna go, especially since Kaizu dropped him, 1 punch too, what a wimp"[/b] He spat venting his anger while he had some time to kill, though he was calming down rather fast. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"[b]Well I'd rather freeze to death than die of heatstroke in a desert, though hopefully it wont come to that. Hmmm not mention the sand, I hate sand and no water, damn........I need something to clear my mind"[/b] He finished as he ran into Sakura.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]The two stumbled back and looked at each other, almost if they didn't know what to do. They stood there for what seems like hours before they both broke into simultanious laughter.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"What are you laughing at?"[/b] She choked out, as her laugh began to fade.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"I don't know"[/b] Vince turned smirking before adding.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"So how's the mech?"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Sakura's cheery face faded to grim before she replied "[b]They said they should Have her ready to go in 3 days"[/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"So are you going then?"[/b] Vince added rather curious about the answer, for they made a good team or at least he thought so.[/color][/size]

OOC: I hope that's ok Sakura, let me know if you want me to change anything

[color=Navy]Sakura made her way back down to the hangar, she didn't have a chance to talk to the mechanics earlier because they were called away. As she walked, she muttered about Harlin.

[b]"That arse, I bet he's sending us to the frozen, deserted, wasteland on purpose." [/b]she mumbled.

She entered the hangar and looked over at Chi, she was really beat up. Sakura called one of the mechanics over and talked to them about her Mech. She kept her eyes on the machine the entire time, she was told it would take 3 days for Chi to be fixed. Sakura nodded and left, telling them to do a good job.

She walked back, not looking where she was going, she remembered how he had blamed the mess on them, saying they had failed. Sure, they didn't complete their mission but it wasn't their fault that the Tyrant had impenetrable armour.

Suddenly Sakura was pushed back by a force that had run into her. She stumbled backwards and looked up, seeing Vince. They just stared at each other blankly and started laughing for no apparent reason.

[b]"What are you laughing at?" [/b]she asked as she calmed down, smiling.

[b]"I don't know." [/b]he smirked. [b]"How's the mech?"

[/b]Sakura looked away. [b]"They said she should have her ready to go in 3 days."

"So are you going then?" [/b]he asked.

[b]"Of course I am, no one can stop me. I know Kaizu wants to go on his own to protect us, but we gotta stick together. Besides, I can't leave ya like that, us Shinobi pilots gotta stick together, we make a good team, don't you think?" [/b]Sakura smiled slightly.

Vince nodded, [b]"Did you know Kaizu punched out Harlin after he got us to leave?" [/b]he told her.

[b]"Yeah, he should be glad Kaizu just hit him in the jaw, I woulda aimed much lower." [/b]Sakura's face was angry.

[b]"Man, that Tyrant was a nasty one. It caused so much damage to Chi, I'm surprised the mechanics can get her up and running in 3 days with the extent, looks like she's been compacted, not thrown into a building." [/b]Sakura ran a hand through her hair in frustration with a frustrated sigh to accompany it.[b] "Anyway, where were you headed in such a hurry?" [/b]
[/color]

[COLOR=#656448][b]?*whistle* This looks promising.?[/b] Melissa leaned against Keegan?s doorway and watched the man pick himself up. [b]?Wanna get even, Captain??[/b]

The Captain wiped the blood on his lip with the back of his hand ashe shook his head in reply. [b]?Won?t even bother to. Violence is the first instinct of the ignorant.?[/b] He then ran his hands through his hair and looked out his window. It seems that the chaotic docking area was a soothing sight for him as it didn?t take long for his breathing to return to normal.

Melissa smiled as she sat on the Captain?s chair and prop her feet on his desk. [i]There he goes again[/i], she thought. No use keeping those words to himself; that bastard of an officer was never good at hiding his feelings anyway. Still facing the docking bay, the Captain folded his arms across his chest and inhaled deeply. [b]?Engineer, what?s the status on their mecha??

?A lot of ?em got busted up pretty badly but it?s nothing we can?t handle. But did I hear it right? Three days then Baskin??

?Yes. I trust you know which components to install on those mechs.?

?The team?s equipping the parts as we speak.?[/b]
With a flick of a wrist, Melissa produced a stick of cigarette between her fingers. She lit it with a lighter the captain was using as a weight for, ironically enough, the base commander?s new ?No Smoking? memo.

For a while, the two didn?t speak to each other: one was immersed in his silent vigil of the docking bay as the other casually puffed out wispy smoke rings in time with some song in her head.

[b]?You comin? with us, Harlin??

?Not this time, Mel. After today?s mishap, I?m certain the top brass will want me in the base when you get to Baskin.?[/b] The tone of his voice gave him away; from the sound of it, it was obvious that he?d rather go to Baskin than report to his superiors. He told her once that he?d rather be a grunt than an officer, at least he?d be out on the field more often.

[b]?I?ll sub for you if you want.?

?And pilot your tin-scrap HMQ? No thanks.?

?Keh. Your loss.?[/b] Melissa got up and gave Harlin a pat on the back. [b]?Call me when you get lonely, yeah??[/b]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu laid in a bunk in the barracks, towards the back wall. Why would they send him to Baskin? Do they really want to end peoples lives so easily or do they really think that that the team Kaizu leads can do it? No doubt, all the pilots under Kaizu's control are near legends but even in Baskin Territory legends can die. Either way, Kaizu was going and he intended to disuade anyone who wanted to go, but he knew he couldn't stop them if they did decide to accompany him. Kaizu rolled over onto his side and faced the wall, he traced a figure eight with his index finger and let out a long sigh.

[B]"Looks like you're becoming quite the loner now. What happened to all that battle spunk?"[/B], someone asked, sitting on a bunk two away from Kaizu.

Kaizu rolled over and sat up to see who it was, he saw Tobias.

[B]"Ah well..Ya know. The Baskin Territory thing is really getting to me...You don't have to go, you know." [/B] Kaizu looked around and propped his elbows on his knees, leaning over.

[B]"I know, but why not? You're going to need all the help you can get."[/B], Tobias had a point. Kaizu would be outmanned and outgunned at the Garrett Research station and he knew but he didn't want to accept it.

Shoma and Jules strode in casually each eyeing the beds and taking one respectively. Jules near the door and Shoma in the middle. Kaizu gave a slight wave as they entered but said nothing instead he laid back on the bed and rolled over, huffed, and then rolled back over.

[B]"This won't be the first time I've been to Baskin.."[/B]

The others looked up, not suprised but interested anyways. They all needed a nice little tale to deter them from the invasion.

[B]"It was last year on a mission to hunt down a renegade Olrin Patrol Mech that we suspected of treason. He led us straight to Baskin and at the time none of us, except out leader, even knew Baskin existed and our lead failed to mention how terrible it was there..First our mech joints started locking up and finally the cold broke the seals of our cockpits and started chilling us to the bone. Yet, our lead wanted to continue..Further in and days later we were all dying of the cold and saw no trail of the traitor and thats when it happened. Out of no where a shot rang our and Crandall, my former Patrol partner, dropped. His mech exploded and I could tell he didn't survive...The one holding the smoking barrell was our lead. He brought us to Baskin to kill us and discard us like trash! The rest of us fought for our lives and in the end I was the only one left. I tried my best to get out of Baskin and it wasn't until three days after the trechery that some scout mechs out of Parnel found me."[/B], Kaizu took a quick break from the tale and glanced around then continued, [B]"Its not the trechery I wanted to warn you about, because I have no intention of betrying a soul but its the cold that I am worried about. Long range comms don't even work there. So its best if you all stay here and out of danger."[/B]

Kaizu finished the tale and stood up, making his way past his teammate. He needed something to drink. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[size=1]Jules stared after Kaizu as he walked out of the room. She gritted her teeth and curled her fists. Kaizu's attitude was really starting to irritate her. This wasn't like him at all. He was melancholy and depressing, not his usual chipper and energetic self. His mood swing also left him incredibly stubborn and closed off; which is what really pisses Jules off the most.

[b]"So, what do you think we should do, Ray? Think we should follow him?"[/b] Shoma looked around.

[b]"I respect his concerns, naturally, but I'm not letting him go out there by himself. If he says it's as bad as it is, and I have no doubt it's horrible, I'm definitely going. My life or not, I won't let him die alone,"[/b] Tobias stood abruptly and started for the door, [b]"What about you, Jules?"[/b]

Jules, deep in thought and scratching mindlessly at her chest, blinked up at him. Without a word, she hopped off of the bed and brisked out of the room. Her stride was smooth and steady, but excited. Not the same excited you get from opening a suprise gift, but the excitement that rushes through your body when you are about to fight. And Jules was ready to do just that.

It'd been a few years since she fought with anyone, and never had she fought with Kaizu. She'd never had a reason with him. He was always open-minded and was somewhat agreeable to whatever Jules had to say. But not today, and she wasn't having it. If she and Tobias were going with him, she wasn't going to allow Kaizu to have a closed mind. That, if anything, would get them all killed.

Her pace quickened and pepped up as she gained on him. He made a right into the civilian quarters. [i]Just as I thought; heading to the church.[/i] Jules snickered as she slowed down a bit and waited a little while after he entered the church doors. It was the best hiding place for Kaizu because no one expected to find him there. Taking a shakey breath, Jules twisted the brass knob and pulled the door open. As expected for a house of God, the door made not one sound; even when she closed it.

The small mass hall was dim and calm. Several pews lined up traditionally before a plain, wooden altar. The only sign of Christianity was a cross that hung behind the altar; it seemed to be made of two pieces of 2"x4" . Jules sighed at the typical military influence of being simple and uniform. Her eyes adjusted to the awkward lighting and she walked down the aisle. She scanned every pew, expecing Kaizu to be laying on his back, one leg dangly from the seat and one arm folded over his face and the other under his head. But alas, she spotted empty slots.

[b]"Kaizu?"[/b] Jules called out, forgetting her church manners.

[b]"If you're coming to talk some sense into me, you're just waisting your breath."[/b]

Kaizu's voice echoed lightly, giving Jules the thought he was further away from her. She started her way towards the altar and peered behind it. Again, no Kaizu. Not even in the hollow space where the priest or minister would keep bibles. She turned around and propped herself against the altar.

[b]"I'm not here to 'talk some sense' into you. I'm here to tell you to stop wallowing. If you're going out there by yourself, you're going to be useless for us back here. If you're going with a team, you're going to get them all killed. So pull your head out of your ass, and start coming up with a strategy,"[/b] Jules pushed herself from the altar, [b]"And shame on you for stealing the church's wine. If you wanted a drink, you are going to need something stronger."[/b]

She walked to the purple drapes that seperated the back room from the main hall and gave them a sharp pull. The room was darker than the mass hall, and she stood still for her eyes to focus again. Stepping in, careful not to step on Kaizu, she took another breath.

[b]"Kaizu, I am going with you."

"No you're not."

"I most certainly am. If you'd like to stop me, then I strongly suggest you give it your best shot, Patrol,"[/b] Jules' cheeks flared heatedly.

There was a deafening silence for what seemed to be an eternity. The only sound she could make out was her heartbeat. Then a slight shift and jingle. Jules supposed it was change in his pocket, and suggested he was sitting down.

[b]"Because,"[/b] Jules started again, [b]"you know it'll take more than a 'no, you're not going' to keep me back. If I have to die for you out there, so be it. But you are not going to leave me here. I won't be left behind again, Kaizu."[/b]
[/size]

---EDITED---......AGAIN!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Kaizu started to chuckle, bringing a hand up to cover his mouth.

[B]"Whats so funny?" [/B] Jules asked.

Kaizu stood up again and embraced Jules. She was suprised, but only for a second before she regained her senses and gave a firm embrace of her own.

[B]"Thank you.." [/B] Kaizu said before letting her go, [B]"I want you on my left flank and I want Isaac on my right. I want the HMQ near the rear, I want Sakura and Vince directly directly behind my flanks and I want both Bowman Class mechs taking cover in the hills to provide long-range support.."[/B]

[B]"Now you're talking!" [/B] Jules smiles and walked out from the curtains, pulling Kaizu with her, they sat at the closest pew.

[B]"We're going to take this base in one fell swoop and leave nothing standing...I'm not letting Harlin try some double-crossing bull that he always tries..Anyways, since this is Baskin Territory there will more than likely be an over-abundance of Tyrant Class mechs, so stay on your guard. Shinobis have a tendency to have joints freeze up and the only thing affecting Bowman Class is the low visibility...Though I doubt there is a snow storm in Baskin at this time of the year. Just keep on your guard and check your mechs vital signs at every moment."[/B]

Jules cracked a smile and gave a mock salute, [B]"Yessir! Sir! Sir guy!"[/B]

[B]"Now look has the spunk!" [/B] Kaizu laughed and stood up, [B]"C'mon joker we gotta tell the team what the plan is....but...Do you think we could stop for some food first?"[/B] Kaizu asked, grabbing his stomach.

[B]"No."
'What?! Why not!"
"No time to lose. Thats why."
"Aw c'mon! I'm hungry!"
"No."[/B]

The two left, Jules chuckling to herself and Kaizu moaning for food!

[B]"Pleeeeaaassseee!?"[/B]

[B]"NO!"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]OOC: Parabola you do realize that my mech is as useful for long range support as a snowflake in hell. Plus I only have 5 beam daggers. Just though I would point that out. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight, literally lol.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Vince looked somberly up at Sakura's mech, the damage was extensive, to bad for what had happened.[b] "That mech, it was to powerful, it had to have a weakness, everything has a weakness."[/b] Vince thought at Sakuras mention of Tyrant.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"Don't worry about Chi, we'll get that Tyrant back, I promise"[/b] Vince stated sternly before returning to his normal cheery self. [b]"Anyways, I wasn't really going anywhere, I was more or less just venting" [/b][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"Ya, it seems to be going around"[/b] Sakura sighed.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"And I'm really not looking forward to Baskin, though it will be nice to come back and rub it in Halin's face when we return"[/b] Vince smirked drawing a pleased laugh from Sakura.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"So have you ever been there?"[/b] She asked curiously.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"Lets just say I have been close enough to know enough of what it's like, though technically no"[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"I see"[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"I think I am going to try and grab something to eat, care to join me?"[/b] Vince asked holding out his hand if he was asking her to dance.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#8b0000]OOC: sorry it's short, though I just wrote a 2 page essay and I'm kind of written out right now[/color][/size]