Jump to content
OtakuBoards

I'm making a story


Recommended Posts

Guest tasu22889
Posted
its my first but I'm a good artist,and I can make the story line fine as fine can be(or gonna let my girl handle that)but I need soem charecter names..I've been stumped on names lately for many other things too..but jsut gimme soemthing dignafied and one stupid funny one and one that means evil..in any other language..dont limit it just to japanese and english,if you know other languages then use those to make names..but thanks for your help if ou can give it.and if you'd like to help any just email me at this link
[EMAIL=tasu@inuyasha.nu]email[/EMAIL]
so if you could,help me..
Posted
Instead of asking for other people to find the names for you, I think that it would be more fun and rewarding if you found names that you loved yourself ^-^

[url]http://www.behindthename.com/[/url] is a really good wesite for finding names based on meanings, and for finding the meanings of names you already know. It even has a random generator (under Fun Stuff- Random Name Generator) for names based on different languages (you'll discover as you go along that each language has its own connotations).

Hope that helps you a little.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
you could do that or you can complely make up names or have a popural name backwards thats what i'm doing for my anime i'm making its fun pluse you will love spending time doing it.
Posted
True, names are hard to think up. But its easier if you base their names off their personality. Names don't have to be actual names. That's whats so great about being an artist/writer. You can come up with a completely random name that popped into your head one random night. Example, in my webcomic, the main character's name is Night. Not even a real name, just a time of day, but it works because it's perfect for his personality.
Posted
Yep names aren't rocket science. You know what? You could go to some random anime test web site, and take a personality quiz for them. I took one for me, and they said my anime name was Nomura. LOL. Sorry I can't remember the name of the website now, but I remember I found it on Google looking for "Anime personality tests" ...
Guest tasu22889
Posted
[QUOTE=Chikara Kokoro]Instead of asking for other people to find the names for you, I think that it would be more fun and rewarding if you found names that you loved yourself ^-^

[url]http://www.behindthename.com/[/url] is a really good wesite for finding names based on meanings, and for finding the meanings of names you already know. It even has a random generator (under Fun Stuff- Random Name Generator) for names based on different languages (you'll discover as you go along that each language has its own connotations).

Hope that helps you a little.[/QUOTE]
its better i ask,I odnt liek any names...I dont evem like my own name.....
Posted
Try 20000-names.com, they have names from all over, along with their meanings. I've been able to find some pretty kewl names here, this is where I get some of the names for my comics unless they just come to me...watch for popups though. >.<

Or, just make 'em up! I love making up names...

Hope that helps :animesmil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...