OtakuBoards

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

dposse

From [url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3085[/url] :

[quote]Plot Summary: Bo Bobo is a man with the incredible power of hearing the voices of hair and using his own to fight. He uses his power to fight off the Margarita Empire and all of EmperorTsuru Tsuruiina's minions who are stealing the hair off of anyone they find to power up their emperor.[/quote]

Bobo is a very strange anime that sorta reminds me of Rave Master. It has some of the same strange inhuman type characters mixed with human characters. I saw a few minutes of it when Cartoon Network showed the "sneak premire" of Bobo. It is pretty much about this guy who can hear hair and wants to stop the empire from destroying everyones hair. It is a comedy/action type like Rave Master too. I think its a perfect anime for Toonami. I just don't know exactly how popular it will be.

What do you think of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo?

For me there is only one thing that I can say about it...It fightens me...It frightenes me ever so much. A nose-hair fighting super hero...Now try to imagine that in real life for a second...Yes now you know my fears as well. I'm still going to see it anyways and find out how hilarious it will really be.

It looks like an amusing anime, but time will tell. So far I like it. Just the idea behind the storyline is amusing, but the random charaters (i.e. three-foot tall, talking pickle slice) and the "out of the blue" humor are even better.

Guest Mad~Hatter
:animeangr I'm sorry but its pathetic anime shows like these that get me angry! I have watched the show and find it to be stupid and pointless! Nothing but a seeming to be gay dude with a blond afro, fighting the "evils" of baldness... :animesigh Ugh...I hate tasteless anime! Sorry if I offended any Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo fans out there, I dont mean to be mean but the show isnt as good as any other anime. I MEAN HE FIGHTS BALDNESS!!!WHAT THE @#$%@#!
Anyways, dont waste all your time watching this when there is a lot better anime out there!
:animestun thats alot to say lol!
Then again it is sort of funny to watch... :animeswea

Why doesn't anyone get that this show is not supposed to be a masterpiece or have a intelligible story. It is supposed to be so confusing and random that you say WTF at least 10 times an episode, and is really good to watch with friends. It's funnier then any American carttons anyway...

Guest Rudy"Jubei"Yagu
bobo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo or however many bo bo's it has in it is the most redictuless manga ever i hav been reading it in Shonen jump and its so stupid and i do say wtf ever 2nd page but i love it and would recondmend it to ppl ...well only close freind who wouldnt riddicruel me too much....

[quote name='Rudy"Jubei"Yagu']bobo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo or however many bo bo's it has in it is the most redictuless manga ever i hav been reading it in Shonen jump and its so stupid and i do say wtf ever 2nd page but i love it and would recondmend it to ppl ...well only close freind who wouldnt riddicruel me too much....[/quote]

uh..... o...kay umm i umm... i dont get it why do you love/like it? isnt it umm how do i say this nicely... dumb :animeswea

Guest Rudy"Jubei"Yagu
[quote name='RedMoon']uh..... o...kay umm i umm... i dont get it why do you love/like it? isnt it umm how do i say this nicely... dumb :animeswea[/quote]
\

well i dont think its dumb, it written the way the artist want it to be but its just differet ...... i think......anyway i like i and cant wait for the next isssue....and i like/love it for its off the wall antics..... i hopw thats anof for u...

The posting quality in this thread is scary! But I shall reply anyway.

The very first time I heard of this series was a few months back when I was talking to one of my friends who is doing some voice work on the series. He was trying to explain it to me: "(Richard) Epcar plays the role of this superhero type guy who uses his nose hair to fight people"...I thought he had totally lost his mind! When CN starting playing this series I happen to catch the first episode when it was aired. The light went on in my mind as to this was the series my friend had mentioned to me. I guess he wasn't going crazy after all. I have to say I thought it was quite funny.

The characters are crazy and over the top. The idea of Bobobo being the bo-nafied bo-tector of hair was so absolutely stupid it caught me as being funny. No "meaning of life" or introspective stuff in this series, just pure mind rot. Sometimes it is refreshing to have a break from the Evangeleon-esque, heavy duty make you think anime series. I see it like food. We all like having healthy well balanced meals, but sometimes getting something totally bad for you is a tasty treat. In this case I would have to say that Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo is it for me.

[QUOTE=Rudy"Jubei"Yagu]\

well i dont think its dumb, it written the way the artist want it to be but its just differet ...... i think......anyway i like i and cant wait for the next isssue....and i like/love it for its off the wall antics..... i hopw thats anof for u...[/QUOTE]

cool i guess well maybe i should try to see more episodes just to see if its good :animeswea :animesigh

I love Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. You people need to understand that this is a COMEDY anime. It's not supposed to be smart. Its supposed to be funny, and its one of the few animes that make me laugh out loud. Yeah, it is weird and wacky. So what? Its a comedy!

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a incredibly funny anime and i cannot wait to see more of it. I hope you people can give it a chance.

[quote name='dposse']I love Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. You people need to understand that this is a COMEDY anime. It's not supposed to be smart. Its supposed to be funny, and its one of the few animes that make me laugh out loud. Yeah, it is weird and wacky. So what? Its a comedy![/quote]

I'm fine with wierd and wacky. I also like a good deal of intelligence thrown in with that comedy, and several other anime comedies out there do have intelligence. FLCL has various layers and double meanings which both stimulate the mind and add to the comedy. Azumanga Daioh has the "it's funny because it's true" angle nailed perfectly. Hale and Guu mantains a good charact dynamic and uses the wierdness to enhance the writing rather than distract from it. Even the sometimes-annoying Excel Saga has a Family Guy-esque "spot all of the jokes" appeal. But Bobobo is just plain wierd without any intelligence to balance it out and bring it into the realm of comedy. Let's think of it this way: if Excel was Aqua Teens, Bobobo would be the 12oz. Mouse pilot. And don't tell me you're some mentally-retarded fratboy who actually liked that pilot...

That pilot was horrible, yet they're still gonna show it somehow...

Bo7 was pretty damn random and hilarious. I had a really big laugh whenever Bo was mean to the randomly placed pickle character. This is an off beat anime. The idea's off beat, the characters are off beat, and the action's pretty damn off beat. I truely think the WTF every 10seconds is the hook about this anime. At some point the randomness will get stale, so hopefully some little bit of concreteness appears to keep the viewers around. Unless they can keep their randomness fresh of course,heh.

When I first the commercial for "Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo" (having a name easy to remember but difficult to get exactly right) the first thing that came to mind was, "Oh, great! Another stupid show that takes up 30 minutes that could have been filled with Yu-Yu-Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin or other fantastic shows which, for whatever reason, Toonami rejected (?!). However, havimg been wrong about some anime before, I decided to watch it anyway.
As it turned out I was exactly right. What I hadn't counted on was the fact that it [I]was[/I] funny (I being a fan of slapstic and out-of-the-blue comedy) and that I should not totally disregard the show.
As I said, it is "another stupid show" because the plot (if it can be called that) is pathetic at best. I was tempted to turn it off right then, but I continued to watch. Then when Bobobo(ect.) apears, talking about how his father abandoned him in one sentence, then praising him about how he was always looking out for him, I was completely surprised.
Sure, it lacks the fundamentals of classics like Cowboy Bebop, but thats not what it tries to achieve. I could watch it as long as the main character stays nice and crazy.
(But I [I]still[/I] say Toonami should put back those good ol' shows)

Guest MurdocLuva
OMG!!!!! My little bro and I watch this show ALL the time. It is HILARIOUS!!! My favorite character is Beauty. I can relate to her in many ways. Well, I can relate to many manga/anime characters in many ways, lol. :animestun

Why doesn't Bobobo like Pickles? Poor Pickles... :animecry:

Woo boy, how can I say this without getting any hateful looks...

Okay, I first saw Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo in a Shonen Jump magazine and I was saying "WTF?!" more than I normally do. I went on happily with my life until I saw the Toonami commercial of it coming on tv.

Now, I have sat down and seen one full episode and I must say I am not at all humored by this series. Most of the time I can watch dumb, random, plotless comedy and laugh, but I [I]just can't [/I] with Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Someone using nose hair to fight against baldness just does not catch my interest.

So, saying my piece, I take my leave.

Bobobo is one of those shows where you have to leave your mind open. If you don't then you will just see through it's paper-thin plot andcomrdy, and be disappointed. If you go in openminded, you will end up chuckling a few times, and not mind it at all.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue] :animesigh This is one of the weirdest anime ever.Other like Exel Saga. I was watching it and all this random stuff came up. I mean the music's cool But wat the hell is up with the hair. All they talk about is[B] hair[/B]. I saw like 3 or 4 episodes and still dont understand it. Sure its funny but no story line. I saw the episode about the [B]churro's?!! [/B] What was up with that and the transformer thing all they did was take out [B]some gameboy thing and cable linked[/B]. And why is Bobobo such an idiot he tried to bathe in [B]soup[/B]. All my friends were like [B]"what the hell". [/B] :animeswea Oh-yeah whats up with his movie seens it like shows a film in like all the episodes?!!! I do not understand it at all. :rolleyes: I cant say I didnt like but its aight [/COLOR] :p