OtakuBoards

New Beginnings

Syn

I've recently acquired Photoshop CS and actually got a crack for this one, so its a permanent feature, this means I can start making graphics again properly. So here it is, my newest piece after a hell of a long time.

Quite fittingly entitled:

[center][b]New Beginnings[/b][/center]

[CENTER][img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24619[/img][/CENTER]

Let me know what you think.

[b]EDIT:[/b] I know this is only a small piece but its only an experimental piece to see what I remember from 7.0 and such, anyways, hope you like it.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Wow.. I totally love the pink and white that you used for that picture! And you said that you hope we like it...pshaw!! I really like it and I wonder if you could look on my avatar and banner request and please do something for me?? I would be greatly honored, your greatness... *bows[/COLOR]*[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Its about time you posted more graphics. ~_^

Anyhow, its very you with the little shapes. I've always loved that crystal look, and the diffrent shades of pink you used work well with the blended areas. The little shapes bother me in this though, the exclimation point, heart, and plus sign. They're too random. Maybe if you had more, but had thim fading in and out. That would be cool.

The title is very appropriate. Welcome back to the graphics world. ^_^[/SIZE]

[size=1]My god. I remember the last time you posted graphics here... I was such a noob, and I thought you were some sort of master. Haha. Well, I can actually critique your work now.

The [B]typography[/B] is pretty good and well positioned, but I don't like the random symbols (exclamation, heart, etc). Delete those, and also, take 'Syn' out of the corner. Stop trying to hide your name - you should be proud of it, so let it be next to the main focus of the image.

The [B]background[/B] is mediocre; in short, it's too busy. The blurry effect doesn't give me that crystal feel that SPX mentioned, and instead just makes me feel disoriented. The circles are somewhat undynamic and just there, as is that curved bar. It impedes the flow of the piece.

Now, I understand this was an experimental piece, and you probably haven't touched Photoshop for months, so it's a relatively nice start.

It's great to see you back.[/size]

Mmm, thanks for that everyone, and in all honesty, the top right corners only there because I ****** up and needed something to cover it with ._. But yeah, im still exploring the program, its like being totally new to it again x_x

But anyways, thanks again.

[QUOTE=Syn]Mmm, thanks for that everyone, and in all honesty, the top right corners only there because I ****** up and needed something to cover it with ._. But yeah, im still exploring the program, its like being totally new to it again x_x

But anyways, thanks again.[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Well, if you use layers, then you can just delete the layer that you messed up on. It also makes editing easier too. Just go to layer > new layer (I think), and you'll have a new, transparent layer on which you can add stuff onto. If you mess up, just delete that layer, so that the entire thing doesnt' suffer.[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think the crystal-ish background is my favourite part of this piece. The only thing I really don't like would be the random pixel images you have there (the heart, exclamation mark and cross). In some pieces they are used to good effect, but here they just kind of seem random...and because there is only one of each and they are so small, they seem to get lost in a sea of colour. Perhaps if you had included several of them or if you'd made a defined pattern, I'd be more inclined to like them. *shrug*

The rest of the image is nice enough though, especially if you've been out of action for a while in terms of graphics. I like the placement of "New Beginnings" and the curve frames things nicely.

I would have to agree with people about the placement of your name, however, some artists prefer to include their name in a very vague way so that it doesn't become a focal point of the piece. If that was your aim then I think it's just fine - it's not always necessary or desirable for the artist to make their name prominent in the image.[/font]