OtakuBoards

GC Christmas????

kizu

I can't remember what the cost of a GC deluxe is in japan, but a normal GC cost 25,000 yen, a game cost about 6,800 yen, and a controller is about 2,500 yen.

BTW- I was only joking about destroying the old systems. They are all good, except mine, i haev not good games.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]I found out that I am not getting a GC. I am getting something better. I am getting the GC Deluxe. It is only sold in Japan, but right now i have an echange student from Japan staying at my house. Her mom said it would be fine if she buys one and ships it to us. But we will have to pay her back. It's gonna be awsome. The only diff from it and a normal GC is that i has a DVD build in, a remote, and the shape of the top changed a little. I am going to put a pic of it on here incase you wanted to see what it looks lik. but it is a black and white pic. Here it is. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Wouldn't that mean your deluxe gamecube would only be able to play japanese region games and dvds? [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]Btw, what is a "shiznit"? It sounds like some kind of insect, lol! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]"shiznit" or "shiz" are often seen replacing the word [size=1]"s h i t"[/size] (do excuse that language, it's merely an explanation ;) )[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Wouldn't that mean your deluxe gamecube would only be able to play japanese region games and dvds? [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, if he gets one, he'll have to import all his games/DVDs from Japan... And they'll all be in Japanese..... Unless you can find a mod chip that'll let it play American games/DVDs.

[quote][i]originall posted by BabyGirl[/i]
[b]"shiznit" or "shiz" are often seen replacing the word "s h i t" (do excuse that language, it's merely an explanation ;) )[/b][/quote]
I still think it sounds like an insect.

:D :D :D :D :D :D My exchange student was talking ot her mom today adn she has bought a GC Deluxe for us and is going to ship it to us. And she said taht it will play American games too. This is so kick arse!!! who wants to come to my plays in 3 weeks?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]Unfortunately he is right, Japanese dvd's use a different type of encoding to american dvd's, my friend told me that when they bought this 'special' dvd player that can read australian, american, japanese and german dvds. [/B][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be shocked if the GC Deluxe has that feature. A high quality DVD player like that inside it. So it can read a bunch of different encodings. I found out that my exchange student is giving me bad info. Her mom has a GC Delluxe reserved. So i have to wait a while, and then have to wait for shipping. *Starts looking at his watch* Any month now.

Well as you probably already know (I've been posting it everywhere) I am getting a GBA and Mario Kart Super Circuit to go with it for Christmas. I don't really know much about the Game CUBE, except that it sounds pretty cool. It's not released here in Australia yet either. :crying:

I thought that it loked good to. The thing that caught my eye about it was how funny the Pikmin look. The first time i saw one i :laugh: for a long time. The best part about it was the fact that i get to throw the yellow pikmin by their ears. I am going to have too much fun throwing the pikmin around.