OtakuBoards

How did you get into anime?

Guest Doomberg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm...I remember waay back when...lol. I used to watch Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon along side the regular old cartoons like ninja turtles, then went from there. I started to watch some of the other anime that my cousin acually had introduced me to...I've been through Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, back when Yu Yu Hakusho was acually on afterschool Toonami...good times.

I started to get into anime when my friends started to get into manga, so I did also.. then i went on to anime.. the first was... wait actually, I was really into maga and anime since i was like.... in kindergarden... i think my 1st anime was.. those kiddish ones.. oh, conan, kindaichi,tsubasa(the soccer one), ta-chii (touch), Lupin3rd, and whole bunch of miyazaki films. I was in japan then, so the animes came out eairler then america.

Guest inulover12
well i started liking anime when i was in kindergarten. i loved Pokemon! then i got into Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh! later on in life. eventually i started watching Beyblade and Mew Mew Power. in 6th grade i got into Inuyasha, FMA, and other anime like that thanks to my friends Carter, Hannah, and Karyn. well thats about it!

[color=#DF2020][FONT=Century Gothic]To tell the truthI have no idea how i got ot anime. Maybe it was DBZ? or Sailor Moon? I knew something had to get me started. Now i have an addiction. Now the true question for me is "How Did i get other people to like anime?"
I have at least 12 friends probaly going to blame me for getting them to anime. I even got a person that hated cartoons and animated stuff into anime. He perfered reality tv to anything else. Yet when I showed him "Scryed" the manga (the manga was out before the anime came to USA right? O.o) he loved it and is truely addicted. So ya I'm the one to blame for some new members of the anime void.[/FONT][/COLOR]

My mom got me into anime :animeswea , she is half japanese, half chinese and practically the first show I watched was from Japan it was called Liveman but then my mom introduced me to anime mostly Slayers and Ranma. I've been watching anime since I was 6 well the time I can remember

Guest Nosferatu
My first anime was Sailor moon. I guess I first saw it when I was 6 or 7, then there was Pokemon and some other stuff, I don't even remember what.

Guest CrimsonEyes
My dad bought me this video tape which happened to be Sailor Moon. I watched a whole season in THAI, and never understood a word of what anyone was saying, except names of course :animeswea But I'm glad that everything made sense somehow anyway :D

Guest chobitslover90
technicaly when i saw pokemon i was hooked but i tell people ninja scroll because that was my favorite anime that i saw when i was 11

Guest Anime_Sky_Angel
[COLOR=red]The first anime I ever saw would have to be....Pokemon. I loved the adorable 'lil critters. Then,I saw Yu-gi-oh then.....*thinks* Hack//:Sign (sp?) then by age 11 I saw Yu Yu Hakashu (sp? sorry I screw up with names a lot XD)

When I was still 11 I saw Wolf's Rain. At the time,wolves were (and are still) my favorite animal. So as you could imagine,I fell in love with that show....(also because I thought Kiba was really hot) Then came Inuyasha. At 12 I watched Rah-Xephon. And now,at 14,I watch Fullmetal Alchemist,Samurai Champloo......and all those others on both AS and regular CN like Naruto. That's my time line ^_^[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Same here, super_buu! :animesmil

Well, my first taste of Anime was when I saw "Ronin Warriors" on TV for the first time.

After that, I was hooked!

[SIZE=1]Not to mention I had a crush on one of the guys...still do! :animesmil [/SIZE]

Anyways, when I was going to my art class (I usually hang out with another friend of mine who's also an Anime freak) at my college, she told me that there was an Anime club, just formed, that was meeting and we had to join...which we did! :p

So, yeah, that's me! :animesmil

I grew up watching anime. Really old anime too. Stuff like Doraemon and little kid cartoony anime which I wouldn't actually call anime. Then I moved on to sailor moon and cardcaptors. My mom's friend is the vice-president of mandarake and she sends us anime goods and that time I was never really "in to" it I just thought it was "just another show." And then I started getting obsessed with Inuyasha and then that got me into other anime.

Guest Tiarathica
I got involved into Anime when I first watched Sailor Moon, thought it was sexy and great graphics to it.

After Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing came to me. Then Dragonball Z, which my brother made me watch and then I liked it ever since.

Then Ronin Warriors cought my attention, excellent graphics and it's awesome how they can call apon their "armour" power and then they have elemental powers, which is awesome because I love the effects of the Elementals.

After all of this, Yu-Gi-Oh! got me. I love card games and love special effects, and how monsters become "their" reality.

There's so many Anime shows I love, so I'll leave it at that.^^

[quote name='IceRose']My mom got me into anime :animeswea , she is half japanese, half chinese and practically the first show I watched was from Japan it was called Liveman but then my mom introduced me to anime mostly Slayers and Ranma. I've been watching anime since I was 6 well the time I can remember[/quote]

D***, I kinda wish my dad was into anime. That way he could help me out with affording it, because I have to fend for my self alot of times and I hate asking him for monny, and that way we both have an interest in something and so I dont feel bad for leaving him home alone when I go out to do my own thing. :animeswea
I could try to get him into it but it could be a while. :animesigh

yah i am finding that i have a knack for expensive hobbys, the first was horses, no matter what disipline you ride, horse, or what ever it is mooooooney, my parents put alot of money in to that sport, and i worked off over half of my expenses teaching kids how to take care of the horses. then there is my love of cars, i didnt even really get in to that, beeing a mechanic was good enough to see how much money i could plunk down in that right and seeing my dad do it for 5 differnt cars whoa (i helped of corse i got most of my collage credits because i started when i was 15 and help to build my first car to get it ready for when i turned 16, and they say girls dont do well in that profession :-P) and then there was the anime, oh man manga, dvds, collectibles and cosplay its maddening. i go in to the video store and cry all of the wonderful things that i want to see, and read, and collect, and since i dont have the money i am limited to what is shown on tv (and pretty much the only channel i get that plays anime is cartoonnetwork sure there are others but i am usuall asleep when they are playing, and i dont get g4. and the book store thats a whole other can of worms, my boyfreind has to keep me on a tight leash when i go in there i run in between the fiction, occult, magazine and manga sections like mad trying to add in my head how much i can afford to take home, and then i feel guilty cause i read it all that night and want to go back the next day for the next in the series. i have a problem i know, and he just brought home his comic book collection, i cataloged it for him and i saw alot of stuff that i would like to read but i know as soon as i do, i will want the issues that he has missing and they would probably be like way out of my price range lol.