OtakuBoards

How did you get into anime?

Guest Doomberg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kuroinuyoukai
i was sitting at home after school and I came into the living room. My brother was watching Robotech. i sat down and watched it with him. He then introduced me to Sailor Moon, Ranma1/2, and Dragon Half.

i started watching again when I moved back home and saw Inuyasha. :catgirl:

the first animes i remember watching were the lost citys of gold and belle and sabastian on nickoloden (yah im old) i never really got in to it till i was in my mid 20's when i started dating my current boyfreind. i mentioned to him that i loved the movie natural born killers, he said that if i liked that movie i would like this one called the history of trunks. i watched it it was cool, and at the time the midnight run had dragonball and dragonball z running i started watching it regularly. then one day i had a holliday off work and he said that i should watch robotec macross (the first one) so i sat there all day and watch the whole thing in one sitting. i never got in to the other sieries and i still have only seen a few eps of the other to seasons. (dana sterling bugged me) but the 3rd one has alot of potential i will watch it some day. any way... while i was watching midnight run they started showing commercials for this new show on adult swim called inuyasha i had to see it and it went down hill from there, next was cowboy bebop, FLCL, trigun and witch hunter robin the list goes on. i have only really seen the stuff on adult swim cause i dont have any other cable channels that carry anime, and as much as i read about other good series i dont have the money to buy them. my collection is growing slowly. as is my collection of anime action figures,

I got into anime when i was very young can't remember it tho i think i watched those very old gundam series or when i bought an anime dvd i don't know i thing i watched the gundam series i can't remember you all that matters that we love it now

[COLOR=Navy]When I was 6 I first saw DBZ and Sailormoon but I didn't know they were anime at the time, then I skipped out for about 5 years and then late one night I decided to switch to Cartoon Network and this white haired guy (who at the moment I thought was a girl) appeared and this amazingly beautiful music showed up. I looked it up and it turned out to be Fukai Mori and the feminine male was Sesshomaru :animeswea so that's how it all began...[/COLOR]

Ok well I am going to go way back to the first anime that I had ever seen and that was Astroboy. But that was not what got me into anime the show that got me into anime was Princess Mononoke, one day at school my friend Rudy was like here watch this, so when I got home I put it on and I was amazed at how great it was. Then a little later he lent me Akira and Ninja Scroll. The last shows that sealed me into a fate of almost nothing but Anime were Trigun and Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin). But they still none of them accept Kenshin came close to the first time I watched Princess Mononoke.

I first heard the word "anime" when DBZ was in the middle of the Frieza Saga on Cartoon Network. I didn't think much about it at the time.

I signed onto the AS message boards for the first time in late-mid 2003. This was when I got interested in anime in general, as compared to just being interested in a few shows on Toonami and AS.

I bought Neon Genesis Evangelion November-December 2003, and I've had a strong interest in anime ever since.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=PaleGreen]I got into anime when i was in 3rd grade. I was watching commercials when suddenly this Sailor Moon one pooped up. Ever since then i went to barnes and nobles reading manga, after manga came anime...though i don't like Sailor Moon anymore, i'll always remember how it all started though :catgirl: [/COLOR][COLOR=PaleGreen][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='demontrust][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=PaleGreen]I got into anime when i was in 3rd grade. I was watching commercials when suddenly this Sailor Moon one pooped up. Ever since then i went to barnes and nobles reading manga, after manga came anime...though i don't like Sailor Moon anymore, i'll always remember how it all started though :catgirl: [/COLOR][COLOR=PaleGreen][/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

Have you seen the uncuts? They might rekindle your fandom... Dic cut out most of the action, humor, and serious character developement. It makes a HUGE difference! Of course its still Sailor Moon, corny romantic theme left intact, so if you absolutely wouldn't be able to stand Dic's version of Sailor Moon, the chances of the uncuts becoming one of your favorites is slim to nil. But everybody should still check it out, regardless.

Guest Lil_Kilala
I was into inuyasha back then bu the i thought it was boring so i didn't whatch it now, My freind was talking about inuyasha and the happened to say "Kilala" and im like" Hey? isnt that that cute littil cat demon?" And hes like "Yeah it is" And he showed me a bunch of pics of her and thanks to my freind and Kilala im back into anime! :animesigh

I got interested when i was about 8 turning 9 and some of my friends told me about watching Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors and Pokemon on Channel 10 :catgirl: so one time when i woke up early (i've always woken up at like 6:30-7:00 even when i was 6 yrs old) i was bored so i turned on the TV and Carcaptors was on and I really liked so yeah and then i went 2 Peru 2 visit my cousins there and well my oldest cousin Tania knew when animes were on on TV so i got 2 see more like DragonBallZ and stuff like that and then i wanted 2 find out my and i sorta well just kinda got into watching anime and then i found some manga books and i read some and that just got me more interested plus i also started paying the pokemon games on GameboyColour and then GameBoyAdvanceSP (weird but personally i think the games r better than the actual show).......well thats how i got into anime kinda weird and what i wrote makes no sense :animeswea but oh well

**Gets Nostalgic look in her eyes**

For me when I was about 6 my mom bought Miyazaki's Totoro.
I was too young to understand the diffrence between anime and cartoons, but it was one of my favorites none the less. When I hit 9 I discovered Pokemon, Digimon and Sailor Moon. It's basically just gone from there. I'm 16 and still an uber otaku, my favorites have changed a bit. None the less i'm still and uber otaku. ^_^

1st anime I saw was Voltron. Didn't know what anime meant back then. I was around 6-7 years old. So I just thought of it as another cartoon.

From the age 14 I started watching DBZ. Got hooked on that for a bit, but still didn't really pay much attention to it though. (or the term anime. Again, just thought of it as another cartoon)

16. I think DBZ was finally finishing up. And then I joined my 1st forum. (Gamesquad) And alot of people were talking about Rurouni Kenshin. So I decided to check it out. I caught the episode where Kenshin was fighting Jin ei (sp?) and from there I was hooked.

Although I still have to say, I haven't seen many animes though. (Compared to how many that're out, I'd say I've only seen about maybe 15-17 animes)

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]For me, it wold have to be Serial Experiment Lain. To me, it got me thinking about this world (the plane of reality we are currently occupying) and wish I had taped the series, since I have no money to buy the DVDs.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I first watched anime when i was like six with the sailor moon was on tv for the little kids so i guess that was when i was first drawn in to anime. My first anime that i was hooked on was inuyasha. I still love inuyasha even though i love other anime now. It has been my favorite for years and nothing any one can say will stop me muahaha :devil: :devil: :devil: :animesmil

The anime that got me hooked was a combination of Gundam Wing and Card Captor Sakura (Cardcaptors) when they aired. I just loved how the animation styles were so different than American cartoons, and how these shows actually had a plot versus...Ninja Turtles? I can't remember anymore.

That was about six years ago. I don't think this addiction is ever going to be very far from my mind.

Guest Doomberg
[QUOTE=Kotoko_Hikari]**Gets Nostalgic look in her eyes**

For me when I was about 6 my mom bought Miyazaki's Totoro.
I was too young to understand the diffrence between anime and cartoons, but it was one of my favorites none the less. When I hit 9 I discovered Pokemon, Digimon and Sailor Moon. It's basically just gone from there. I'm 16 and still an uber otaku, my favorites have changed a bit. None the less i'm still and uber otaku. ^_^[/QUOTE]

you know now that I think about it that was the first anime I ever saw.thank for reminding me of that.I was pretty young back then like 6 or 7 anyways it was an awsome anime and it will always have a place in my heart . by th way Miyazaki's Totoro is a cool anime :cool:YOU MUST SEE IT :animestun :animestun :animestun :animestun