OtakuBoards

How did you get into anime?

Guest Doomberg

Guest darkruler
i saw some hentai at my friends house and was immediately turned on to anime i just knew i had to watch the non perveted kinky ******* i can't stand that stuff.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into anime when I saw Robotech:macross saga...then I saw Teknoman(tekkaman blade) which became my all time favorite anime and I also saw sailor moon...this was way back before cartoon network had even started Toonami or anime at that point...which later split into Toonami and adult swim ;) :cool:

First got into it when i saw DBZ Namek Saga on Cartoon Network, then came the likes of evangelion, flcl, shadow skill, dragon half, ah my goddess, onegai teacher...DBZ GT nearly ended my interest in anime until Love Hina came along & saved the day.

[COLOR=Magenta]I was at the library and my dad just picked out a book with a pretty cover. It just happens to be a Cardcaptor Sakura book. So I said,"Sure, I'm gonna check it out." I took it home and I got really into the book. That's when I realized how much I like anime. Though it was only the 5th grade, I still like anime today. :animesmil [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]I was a child of the '80s. I was pretty young at the time, and I discovered anime at a young age. Let's see..there was "Tranzor-Z" (AKA Mazinger Z), "Saber Rider And The Star Sheriffs", "Robotech" (one of my favorites.), and my childhood hero and still one of my favorites the mighty "Voltron: Defender of the Universe".

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

Guest MonkeyOfTheCorn
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]*sigh* the first time I saw anime.... I remember I was really young, maybe like 4. My grandma used to babysit these two little kids and I would go with her sometimes. One day this kid was sitting there watching DBZ, and I sat there and watched with him. I guess I was able to get into it at such a young age because it wasn't to the part with alll the fighting and screaming and powering-up-till-your-blood-veins-pop stuff, it was those fun episodes where Gohan was training in the wilderness. I remember I cried whin the dinosaur got eaten... :rolleyes: My fate was sealed....

After that I recognized the art style and always got glued to the TV whenever I saw an anime on. I think I was born to be an otaku.... I got mad when ppl called it "cartoons" even before I knew it really was something different called anime. LOL heheh... :animeswea [/FONT]

[quote name='MonkeyOfTheCorn][FONT=Comic Sans MS'] I got mad when ppl called it "cartoons" even before I knew it really was something different called anime. LOL heheh... :animeswea [/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]I[COLOR=Navy] know exactly how you feel. My mom knows that I love anime and that it's different, but my dad still thinks that I'm still a little kid who watches kiddy cartoons instead of doing something educational. Go figure. :lecture: :haha:

Well, my very, very first anime was waaayy back ago when I still lived in hawaii and I was about....ahh, let's say four or five. I was at my grandparent's house watching T.V. I was always over their house cause they gots the cable. :rotflmao: Anyways, their cable company had a japanese channel that showed all kinds of japanese shows: dramas, sitcoms, late-time shows and anime; all in japanese. Well, there was this one anime show (I totally forgot the name) that had this little black-haired boy and his white dog. It was so funny because he would always do something to get him in trouble or he would always moon somebody. It was so flipping hilarious. :laugh: That, my fellow otaku, is how I got into anime, but more funny, less mooning. The curry comercials were cool too; all them curries looked so good.[/COLOR] :tasty:[/SIZE] [/FONT]

Guest funkercheese
I got into anime through the bad dubs. Card Captor Sakura and such. Then i moved on to the other things by CLAMP, and soonafter better anime.

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1] Ha, I liked this guy in grade five and he liked anime and manga and we became friends and he showed me what anime and manga was.

Or it was when I watched Shaman King when I was making my bed on a Saturday morning xD

I pretty surprzed when I found out I had watched it all my life and didn't know it xD [/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Ah yes...So many good memories on how the one addicting thing known as anime had captured me.. I remember it so well.

The first thing that had even tiped my intrest to anime at all was Dragon Ball Z. I mean I think I was still in the early stages of elementary school when it came out and I love it. That only started to peak my intrest into anime however, and not fully begin to indulge me into it.

What really got me into anime however was Naruto. That was the very first anime series that I really loved right from the very first episode up to now. I saw it while I was over at a friends house visiting for something that I cant remember. I saw the ninjas, the Demon Fox, the very very intresting jutsus and stuff and thats when I finally realised. I was hook on this as a druggie is hooked on crack.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well to be perfectly honest my first anime i ever saw was Pokemon. I fell in love with it, then i found out that my older next door neighbor had lots of anime on her hands, so one day she had to babysit me and i went to her house and was digging through her stuff and had so much fun while i was at it. But thats how i feel in love with anime....

i was at the doctor,in the waiting room or whatever, and there was a tv...(nah).
Well, i saw a really sparkly thing appear on the screen, mom says i got in some sort of trance, and then,TA-DAH! Sailor Moon came out.
Every since then...i guess.
Then i got into Cardcaptor Sakura, InuYasha...but i never liked pokemon...i remember liking Digimon though...only the 1st season...i think....well thats it..!

[COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Courier New]Let's see...i think it was Dragon Ball Z, and that was like an eternity ago..then i watched Inuyasha for a while, and it got replaced by Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Digimon, and now I have stuck with Beyblade for the rest of forever. Kai is so freakin hot!!!! :flaming: I used to compare Kai to Kaiba, but now it's the other way around. Now, Kaiba scares me. He's a tall person. Tall people scare me... :eek: ANd the reason I quit watchin Yu-Gi-Oh was because 1) 4 Kids screwed it up :animeangr , 2) Too many seasons, 3) Kaiba became an asshole, and 4) Merik and Bakura got on my nerves, and the thing about Dragon Ball Z was because Cell freaked me out. He scared me alot. And that pink thing. I forget his name. And now, quote of the day:

"I'll walk out the front door on my own before I let someone push me out the back."-Kai from Beyblade.[/FONT][/COLOR]