OtakuBoards

Star Wars: Shades of the Force Underground [PG13-V]

Jokopoko

Sorry it's taking so long. Things have been crazy lately. Grade stress, relationship stress, etc.

Quick question: I hear we're set approximately 850 years before the Old Trilogy, and by "before the Old Trilogy," is it safe to assume the BBY dating is safe to use? It's not critical to my character, exactly, but I just want to make sure I'm following chronological guidelines.

Here's my idea so far: a Force-Sensitive Wookiee (they do exist, and there needs to be more of them) exiled from Kashyyyk after he uses his claws to kill a group of human slavers and corrupt Wookiees. The Jedi step in and save his life, creating a life-debt to the Jedi (Council?). As part of the life-debt, they decide to Padawan him to Boba Fett's character, believing they both could learn something from each other.

That's the bare-bones synopsis. I foresee a snag regarding the timeline of slavers on Kashyyyk.

Then again, I can't find any information on Kashyyyk circa 850-1000 BBY, so does that mean slavers there is Kosher?

[quote name='Brasil']Then again, I can't find any information on Kashyyyk circa 850-1000 BBY, so does that mean slavers there is Kosher?[/quote]

[color=teal][size=1]Given that we're still in the Old Republic, and it is 850 years BBY, I think its safte to assume that there are no slavers on Kashyyyk because while slaving is around in this time the Empire only enslaved the Wookiees because of their vast resources because, lets face it, its hard to keep a Wookiee down.

You can still have him banished for killing corrupt humans and the like.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I think given the circumstances of the galaxy it is safe to assume that Wookie slaves are a prized commodity and their acquisition has gone on throughout history. After all in KOTOR we saw much of the same going on with Czerka, and so it's is possible that slaver raids may happen occasionally on Kashyyyk. Whether it be humans or perhaps more likely Trandoshans as they seem to have a grudge against Wookies, I wouldn't rule it out.

The circumstances are possible, and so in my opinion Alex you should go with it as I'm sure you could write a very convincing story behind your Wookie's exile and Jedi training.[/SIZE]