OtakuBoards

Fav. Anime Movie

Guest firemac

Nope.. they are original...sorry to burst the bubble..I don't waste money on Bootleg....If I did I would have everything..if I can't find it my cousin sends em to me from Japan,where he is stationed...Nothing is impossible..you just gotta know a way;)
I bring this guy business and he hooks me up...NYC..for ya....lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, 2 things - Lady, it's impossible to obtain an import DVD for 15 dollars US flat, because...Common sense. Until you scan in your cover and show me, I'll believe it's a bootleg. And I've been to the New York China Town many times, full of piracy.

And Nerve, incase you didn't know, China never signed the Berne Convention, so they are exempt from all intellecutal property and copyright laws, therefore bootlegging is legal there, however, selling it to any other country/continent is not...So what they're doing is only half illegal, but still lacks morals/ethics. I'm surprised they havn't been forced to sign the B.C...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Saiya-jin [/i]
[B]Nope.. they are original...sorry to burst the bubble..I don't waste money on Bootleg....If I did I would have everything..if I can't find it my cousin sends em to me from Japan,where he is stationed...Nothing is impossible..you just gotta know a way;)
I bring this guy business and he hooks me up...NYC..for ya....lol [/B][/QUOTE]

Why get your cousin to send them when you supposedly have stores in Japan? Heh...Some lies are just too much ^_^

If I owned Escaflowne..hope I spelled it right..I'd do it, but I don't...I only buy DVD's as I go seeing them and that is a movie I have not seen......but have heard about it.. I tell you this because the guy told me he had it and I told him no because I did not see it yet.. I remember a hologram on the cover, if that helps..lol

Chinatown has bootleg everywhere, you never go to the places out in the open, that's where they are....there's places..Trust me...The gangs in Chinatown run small stores out of let's say a candy store..The Red Dragon is a great example..you see comics, videogames whatever....meanwhile in the back they will have what you want...for a price of course..since I have brought him so much business, he cuts my slack way down..so if you pay let's say 108 was it on the Escaflowne dvd I'll spend 15...my boss buys from him and he goes to Japan personally just to buy Anime..I have seen Anime imports sold for 200+ dollars...But he has to be careful now because thaey set up a ring here to stop illegal imports.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spike Spiegel [/i]
[B]

And Nerve, incase you didn't know, China never signed the Berne Convention, so they are exempt from all intellecutal property and copyright laws, therefore bootlegging is legal there, however, selling it to any other country/continent is not...So what they're doing is only half illegal, but still lacks morals/ethics. I'm surprised they havn't been forced to sign the B.C... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I knew that.... well I knew the copywrite laws didn't have any effect on them.... i didn't know it in much detail....

The way I can tell if it's bootleg is if it a) Has Chinese written on it in some type of fasion, or b) it's made by the few record companies that do bootlegs... ie: Ever Anime, SM Records, and Ho Son Records.... ofcourse if it does have Chinese written on it that doesn't always mean it's a bootleg. They do seel "Asian" versions of MANY J-Music CD's and other things so..... but most likely.... they are bootlegs... esspecially if you get a CD for $15.... seeing as how that is the now "common" price for bootleged CDs.... and if you buy a VCD, thats probably a bootleg too..... well it is a bootleg...... it doesn't bother me much except the fact it doesn't support the original artist... thats why I buy all my J-Music straight from japan.

Guest firemac
Wow, I'm just confused on what just happened herem shinji and gundamcat arguing, and then they stop, and then this little tlak about getting japanese videos, I'm all confused, a 13 year old cna't handle this confusion, I'm just kidding, nice to know that you guys are having a nice convo here

Guest firemac
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]no need to get over emotional here people, it is just anime, no need to kill each other over it.... [/B][/QUOTE]
some people just LOvE Anime, if you kwno what I mean

[COLOR=coral]Well, speaking of anime movies......I saw one once, and I thought it was soooo cute.....but the problem is, I can't remember what it was called. It was about a little delivery girl who was a witch. She also had a talking cat. Does anyone have any idea what it was called?? I keep thinking it was called... Kiki's Delivery Service..... But I just don't know...[/COLOR] :( :confused:

Guest Altron Gundam
I love anime,and have seen probably more series' than mostly anybody on this board because I've been collecting subtitled VHS tapes of everything I can find for about 9-10 years now...but its not my main priority and don't get into too big of detail into it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]kikis delivery service....god what a how do you say it CUTESIE movie.yes that was what it was called you were right... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=coral]Sank oo very much!! Heh, heh....I thought that's what it was called....[/COLOR] :D