Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Anime Shows That U Think U Were Destined to Wach!!!


Recommended Posts

Guest kogagirl
Posted
I think I was destined to wach Inuyasha 'cause I had never seen Adult Swim until oneday when I was in 4th grade I turned the tv on and was flipping through the channels when I saw this show called INUYASHA. It was the first episode too, I know it was fate that brought me and that show together!!!
Posted
[quote name='kogagirl']I think I was destined to wach Inuyasha 'cause I had never seen Adult Swim until oneday when I was in 4th grade I turned the tv on and was flipping through the channels when I saw this show called INUYASHA. It was the first episode too, I know it was fate that brought me and that show together!!![/quote]

Um.. I think it was more of a concidence then it was fate. I really dont belive in fate or destiny. However an anime im glad I saw for the first time would have to be gungrave. It was midnight and I just turned on tech tv when anime unleashed was on and it was the first episode of gungrave. It was great but I really dont belive it was destiny.
Posted
[quote name='kogagirl']I think I was destined to wach Inuyasha 'cause I had never seen Adult Swim until oneday when I was in 4th grade I turned the tv on and was flipping through the channels when I saw this show called INUYASHA. It was the first episode too, I know it was fate that brought me and that show together!!![/quote]
Yeah i think that I was destined to watch Inuyasha because i was looking for something on TV and I saw Inuaysha was on. i didn't know what it was so i decided to watch it for 5 minutes and I was hooked after one. Inuyasha to the grave!
Posted
Same as Grave Yard - I wouldn't say it's fate but I found Cowboy Bebop accidently on Adult Swim. It's still one of my favourite series. Apart from that I really don't get into anime on teevee anymore cause it's all too young for my taste. I prefer talking to people about what I like and getting reccomendations.
Posted
I think I was desitined to watch trigun...cause my friend said "Hey come watch this funny guy eat doughnuts like theres no tomarrow" So I did and I was interested and bought the series offline :catgirl: So now i'm in love with Vash :love2:
Posted
Anime you were destined to watch? Destined?!

Wow...I understand that people really like some shows, but I seriously doubt they have anything to do with someone's destiny. Anime is just one of the many way to escape reality, and entertain yourself.
The same can be said about any movie/tv show. I mean, have they really had some strong infuence in your life?

Well thats just my opinion...but I'll play ball. I believe it was my destiny to see Demon City Shinjuku! I used to think anime was stupid, until I caught a glimpse of this movie when it aired on the Sci Fi Channel's Saturday Anime block.
I must admit, I liked it...and thus my interest in Japanese Animation began.

I mean...that has to be destiny...right?
Posted
[COLOR=Purple]One day God descended from Heaven and bestowed upon me a great destiny. He spoke the following words.

"Oh young one! You must embrace your destiny! Take hold of yonder remote!" He thrust his hand in the direction of the remote lying on the other side of the room. Being four years old and unintelligent I hastily made my way to the golden icon of channel changing. I grasped it in my young fresh hands.

"Now, young one. Embrace your destiny! Use your sacred fingers and depress the channel button up seventeen knotches!" I did. And I made an enthralling discovery!

[SIZE=4]BEAST WARS[/SIZE]

AH! What calligriphic magestry tranferred to thought and processed on a computer hard drive then put on the air.

Wait, Beast Wars is anime, right? Whatever I say it is!
____________________________________________________________________

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, a group of tiny critters was launched to Earth on the Moon Stone or as we know it, the Gameboy. They landed deep in Mount Fuji and were discovered by scientists. They told the authorities but were not believed. So they sold their discovery to Nintendo. Nintendo gave a simple name to their adopted child.

[SIZE=4]Pokemon[/SIZE]

They marketed their child and it rose to the top of the corporate ladder, its hierchy to be known throughout the world.

Meanwhile in a humble suburban town in the United States of America I was innocently buying a pack of first edition Pokemon cards for my much older cousin's birthday. My cousin donated a few of his cards to my brotherand I and that is when the kindling to the raging fire of Pokemon was sparked in my young heart.

____________________________________________________________________

More later[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote=WWII]Anime you were destined to watch? Destined?!

Wow...I understand that people really like some shows, but I seriously doubt they have anything to do with someone's destiny. Anime is just one of the many way to escape reality, and entertain yourself.[/quote]I agree.[quote name='kogagirl']I think I was destined to wach Inuyasha 'cause I had never seen Adult Swim until oneday when I was in 4th grade I turned the tv on and was flipping through the channels when I saw this show called INUYASHA. It was the first episode too, I know it was fate that brought me and that show together!!![/quote]I really hope you aren't truly [b]that[/b] passionate about a television series or movie, lol... I figure you mean you just like it a whole heck of a lot and can't see yourself as a person having not seen Inuyasha (something I find confusing in and of itself, since it's just a television show but it's more understandable... I guess - but if you are that passionate about it I suppose I'll have to accept it). Then again some people believed they were [i]destined[/i] to see Harrison Ford as Han Solo after seeing Star Wars for the first time and spent their time dreaming about him.

That being the case I can't really answer this question accurately, but I'll try (though I do firmly believe this goes against one of those rules about posting threads like, "What is your favorite anime," and I now see logic in why they're there, but since this thread is apparently being populated I suppose I'm game).

I'm a big Last Exile and Wolf's Rain fan, but I'm sure my life wouldn't be radically different had I not see either one of them and I'd much rather have a Burberry of London product any day of the week than to actually have had the opportunity to have seen any of these shows. I mean, they're great and all and I'm a [b]huge[/b] anime fan.

But I like to think that I'm mature enough to see these shows as what they are... just fun and at times quite emotionally engaging. I shed a tear for both the shows I've mentioned, became quite enthralled and yes "in love" with the characters.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
[quote name='persocomblues']I'm a big Last Exile and Wolf's Rain fan, but I'm sure my life wouldn't be radically different had I not see either one of them and I'd much rather have a Burberry of London product any day of the week than to actually have had the opportunity to have seen any of these shows.[/quote]

I disagree with you on this one I much rather have my memories with an anime than a physical possesion.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]I was destined to see... DUN, DUN DUUUN...!
Fullmetal Alchemist! And I was destined to read Fullmetal Alchemist, Shaman King, and Naruto! Arakawa, Takei, and Kishimoto- senseis are gunies's! [/COLOR] :animesmil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...