OtakuBoards

Christmas Light Displays

Derald

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]First, click [/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/FONT] [URL=http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvideo/1033/Best_Christmas_Lights_Display_Ever][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Console]this link[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed] and watch the 3-minute video.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Now, yes that's the Trans Siberian Orchestra playing, but that's not the point of this. Instead, I want you to describe the greatest christmas light display you have seen, and, if possible, find an image or video.

I must say that the video you have seen above is the greatest one I have seen so far in my life.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I caught about the first three or four seconds, but thankfully I saw this on Sky News yesterday in a more detailed version. To answer Derald's question I'm afraid I'm just going to have to agree and say that this one is probably the best I've ever seen, and upon thinking about, there's no need for the probably. One thing I will say it that the guy who created it had a little too much free time on his hands.[/SIZE]

The first time I saw that video all I could think about was what is it like to be that person's next door neighbors. The lights are so bright, the music is loud (unless like some people they have a short wave radio broadcast) and I am sure it attracts tons of people driving into the neighborhood. Imagine trying to get home after a long hard day at work and running into gridlock in your neighborhood!

Mind you, I love this person's creativity. It boggles the mind to think of how much time, money and effort went into this light show. Oh, and from what I remember it's a house in Ohio for those of you wondering where this house is at. This display really makes my house lights look boring.

On a related note: When my hubby and I were looking to buy a new house one of the houses we looked at was in a neighborhood notorious for elaborate light displays. All out, each and every house. They play music that can be heard blocks away and the lights make it like it is daytime on that street. They even string lights down the curb the entire lenght of the neighborhood! We decided we couldn't "keep up with the Jones'" so we opted not to move to that neighborhood. LOL