OtakuBoards

SSB:M - **Spoilers** Post secrets here

NorykoAngelcry

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, I went ahead and deleted the spoilers from the last Super Smash Brothers: Melee thread, and ask that all discussion to do with secrets and spoiler levels and characters be put in here. If I see any more in the other thread, I will delete those as well. If you want to put any secrets, or name which characters and levels you have unlocked, post them in here, and NOT in the other thread.

Thank you in advance. . and have fun ^_^
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I will start off then. . LOL

Luigi - Ok. play the adventure mode with any character. Once you get to the end of the Mushroom Kingdom, you will see the pole with the flag (like the original games). Wait untill you see the time XX:02:XX and then pass through. If you do, you will see a cut scene of Mario running around, then Luigi jumps on his head and continues on, and you have to fight him instead of Mario. Once you beat the entire adventure mode that game, you get a chance to fight Luigi to unlock him.

JigglyPuff - Has to be the easiest character - beat the game on classic mode. . WOOT =) My favorite marshmellow is back =P

Ganondorf - Beat Event #29 and you get a chance to unlock him after the fight. He has similar moves to Capt. Falcon, but is much slower and very strong.

Falco - Beat the 100 man challenge in 1-player mode. The last one you fight out of the 100 wire figures is very tough, so be careful. Kill them, and Falco comes out. He has many of the same moves that Fox has, and if anything is slightly better then Fox in my opinion.

I will post more later, but don't want to give it all away too early . . . but there ARE many more characters ^_^ Oh. . and levels. . will post those later as well.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HIDDEN SECRETS

Hidden Characters:

Play as Jigglypuff - Beat Classic Mode or Adventure Mode with any character. You can use any number of stock, and unlimited continues. Once you?ve cleared either mode, Jigglypuff will challenge you. Beat her and Jigglypuff will become playable.

Play as Luigi - Beat Stage One of Adventure Mode with a time in which the number of seconds ends in a 2 (i.e. 10:02:00). A cut-scene will follow showing Luigi beating out Mario to fight alongside Princess Peach. Beat Luigi and Peach without losing a life, in 45 seconds or less, then complete the rest of Adventure Mode and Luigi will challenge you. Beat him and Luigi will become playable.

Play as Dr. Mario - Beat Classic Mode with Mario on any level without continuing, or beat Adventure Mode with Mario without losing a life. Once you have done either method, Dr. Mario will challenge you. Beat him and Dr. Mario will become playable.

Play as Young Link - Beat Classic Mode with ten characters. Link and Zelda must be 2 of the 10 characters you beat it with. You can also unlock Young Link by playing 500 Versus Mode battles. Once you have beaten Classic Mode with the 10th character, or played the 500th Versus Mode match, Young Link will challenge you, or the winner of the Versus match. Beat him and Young Link will become playable.
Note: There is another requirement to unlock this character through Classic Mode. This will be updated in the future.

Play as Prince Marth - Beat Classic Mode with all 14 default characters, or play 70 Versus matches. Once you have completed either task, Marth will challenge you, or the winner of the 70th Versus match. Beat him and Prince Marth will become playable.

Play as Roy - After unlocking Marth, beat Adventure Mode without continuing, using any character, or beat Classic Mode with Marth without losing a life. Once you have completed either task, Roy will challenge you. Beat him, and Roy will become playable.

Play as Ganondorf - Beat Event #29. Once you have completed the event, Ganondorf will challenge you. Beat him and Ganondorf will become playable.

Play as Falco Lombardi - Clear the 100-Man Melee, or play 300 Versus matches. Once you have completed either task, Falco will challenge you, or the winner of the 300th Versus match. Beat him and Falco will become playable.

Play as Pichu - Beat Event #37, or play 200 Versus matches. Once you have completed one of these tasks, Pichu will challenge you, or the winner of the 200th Versus match. Beat him and Pichu will become playable.

Play as Mewtwo - Play Versus Mode long enough so the Combined Versus Mode timer in the Misc Records area of Data reaches 20 hours. You can also unlock him by playing 700 games in the Versus Mode. Mewtwo will challenge the winner of the match that meets whichever requirement first.
Note: Each human player in Versus Mode adds to the Combined Versus Mode timer. So playing four player matches (all human players) for 5 hours will result in 20 hours of combined play.

Play as Mr. Game & Watch - Beat Adventure Mode or Classic Mode with 24 characters (every character except Mr. Game & Watch). You can use any number of stock, and unlimited continues. Once you have completed either task, Mr. Game & Watch will challenge you. Beat him and Mr. Game & Watch will become playable.

Hidden Stages:

Unlock Classic Kongo Jungle - Complete 15-Minute Melee with any character.

Unlock Classic Yoshi's Island - Hit Sandbag at least 1200 feet (400 meters) in the Homerun Contest.
Note: There is another requirement to this secret. This will be updated in the future.

Unlock Classic Pupupuland - Complete Target Test (Break the Target) with all 25 characters. You must finish each test in under 2 minutes.

Unlock Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths - Play 50 Versus Mode matches.

Unlock Eagleland: Fourside - Play 100 Versus Mode matches.

Unlock F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue - Play 150 Versus Mode matches.

Unlock Kanto Skies: Poké Floats - Play 200 Versus Mode matches.

Unlock Super Mario Bros. II: Mushroom Kingdom II - Beat Classic Mode with Princess Peach on any difficulty level, without losing a life.

Unlock Superflat World: Flat Zone - Beat Classic Mode with Mr. Game & Watch. You can use any number of stock, and unlimited continues. You can also unlock the stage by completing Event #45.

Unlock Battlefield - Beat All-Star Mode with any character.

Unlock Final Destination - Clear all 51 Event Matches.

Other Hidden Stuff:

Unlock Events #31-39 - Complete the first 30 events and unlock Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Falco.

Unlock Events #40-50 - Unlock all 11 secret characters.

Unlock Event #51 - Complete the first 50 Event levels.

Unlock Sound Test - Once you have completed all 51 Event Mode matches, the Sound Test will become available.

Unlock All-Star Mode - Once you have completed Adventure Mode and Classic Mode with all 25 characters, All-Star Mode will become available.

Unlock Random Stage Switch - Once you have unlocked all of the stages a random stage switch will become available. This allows you to select which stages will not be played on when using random stage select in Versus Mode.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by nintendo_freak [/i]
[B]I Have Some SSB Melee Questions.

1.What Attacks Do Young Link,Dr.Mario,Mewtwo,And Pichu Have?

2.Where Are Marth And Roy From?

3.What The Hell(Sorry)Is Mr.Game & Watch?What Kinda Attacks Does He Have?

And Any New Attacks? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]1)Their quite similar to whoever they are related to like Young Link is similar to Link probaly some stuff are different,Im not sure haven't got to play as them yet.

2)Fire Emblem

3)Eh a black shadowed figure that looks like a stick figure he's from past nintendo games,as for the moves im not sure.

Every characters that had return from the original has new moves,like Link has a arrow shot,Mario uses his cape move,Kirby gots a fireball dash,Fox shoots out rapid fire ,Ness has Pika Flash an explosive move,Zelda can transform into Sheik,etc.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Attacks? Dr.Mario chucks pills around... Young Link, I suppose has the same attacks as as Link, but instead of the bow, I think it's a catapult.... Mewtwo, psychic like Ness I think, but kinda stronger.... Pichu may be like Pikachu, but faster, maybe not as strong... but hey, that's what my brain knows.

It would be cool, that like Zelda can turn into Sheik, I think there should be an attack on Old Link called "Feirce Deity" and when you do it, you turn into Omni Link from MM![/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by nintendo_freak [/i]
[B]I Have Some SSB Melee Questions.

1.What Attacks Do Young Link,Dr.Mario,Mewtwo,And Pichu Have?

2.Where Are Marth And Roy From?

3.What The Hell(Sorry)Is Mr.Game & Watch?What Kinda Attacks Does He Have?

And Any New Attacks? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Mwahahaha, I love this game. . ok, here goes:

1) Young Link is just like the adult version. Differences - While standing on the ground, his UP + B attack pulls the opponent to him, hits him around for a while, then knocks him into the air, while Adult Link just hits them away. Young Link has a Fire Arrow attack, where Adult Link has a normal Arrow. The Fire Arrow will actually catch the target on fire, and cause them to fall backwards - really fun attack. Other then that, most of their moves are the exact same.

Pichu is nearly identical to Pikachu, so not too much to go into there. I have not really played him THAT much. Falco is very similar to Fox, with the main exception of the gun. Falco has the style of a gun that the old Fox used to have. Can not be too sure on the other moves, but Falco is a much better jumper as well. Dr. Mario is the EXACT same as Mario, except he throws pills, not fireballs. Gannondorf is very similar to Captain Falcon, except what he lacks in speed, he makes up for in pure power. He is one of the strongest I have seen, and need to get used to him fast =P

Mewto is a decent fighter in my opinion. He has powerful pshionic attacks, including a charged up blast that will send anyone right off the board, almost ignoring whatever the hit point percentage is. He has a move that puts opponents to sleep as well. His jumping ability isn't too bad, although he is VERY slow to move around the board.

2) As posted earlier, Marth and Roy are BOTH from a Japanese game called Fire Emblem. I believe that Roy is much more powerful in this game, so if you get him, drop Marth and concentrate on Roy ^_^

3) Mr. Game & Watch is from WAY old school Nintendo. . I had a link to a page, but can't find it. I suppose I could also post a picture from my playing, but I need to find my camera. . I sure lose things fast =P Anyways, I have not had a chance to play him, since my friends wanted to play classic mode the minute I got him >_< . . . *sighs* Right then. . once I hook it back up here, I will tell you all.

There are MANY new attacks in the game. Grappling gives you a variaty of different ways you can inflict pain. Once you grapple someone, you can press UP to hit them and send them flying straight up, which will lead to a possible combo attack. DOWN will toss them down, and you will hit them differently depending on who you are. LEFT and RIGHT will cause them to fly like normal, AND you can just start hitting them with your A button once you grapple them, and if lucky, can STILL send them flying one of the directions.

Another thing is that you can DODGE - WOOHOO!!! ^_^ - There are mid-air dodges that are great for avoiding a ledge-guarder, as well as giving you that extra bit of jump for the attempt to get back on the ledge. Also you can dodge on the ground as well. . if someone is throwing something at you, you can dodge it :D Great addition to the game was grabs. Somehow, you can catch thrown objects, and be able to throw them back, but I have not really TRIED to learn how.

The best thing is Smash Attacks. You can press a direction and A and if you hold it down, you will charge up for a few seconds before releasing a powerful attack upon your foe :D This is awesome if you are REALLY trying to get rid of an annoying opponent that just doesn't know he is dead =P

I am very, very impressed with the things they have snuck into this game, and get to learn a whole new strategy for fighting with it ^_^ They have taken away a lot of the 'cheap' tricks elememts, and replaced them with actually strategic moves. While this does mean that the average person can't just pick it up as easily, they will still get massive enjoyment out of it, and have a hard time passing the controller around when they lose ^_^

Enjoy the game, and hope any of this helps~

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hehehehe, Mr. Game&Watch is awesome!! There really isn't a way to describe him. . . he is a totally black character, who is actually the only 2-D character in the game (he REALLY is 2-D) ^_^ There isn't really anyway to describe his moves either. .

If you dash and attack, he pulls a chair and hits you with it. If you hit B alone, he pulls out a frying pan, and it looks like bacon flies out at the opponent, it you hit UP + A, he pulls out this flag and hits you. . .

Can't go into too much detail on the other moves, since I left the game at home >_< Oh, his UP + B attack, it looks like a 2-D version of Mario and Luigi pull out a trampoline and flip him into the air. . LOL, total riot playing this guy. . . will post some more info if I can get around to getting the game from my house. .

Oh, his board is pretty cool too. It has the frame of an old watch game, and has platforms that dissapear and reapear all over the place. If you get knocked off too far on the sides, you blow up. . . so almost like the original game Mario Brothers stage in that aspect.

Oh well . . .still need a few more events, and the game is beaten. . and then I get to go back and start playing everything I left on hard mode. ^_^ Enjoy~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

i have unlocked young link, now i hafta know: how do you get out of the starting position :mad: (oops :blush: ) in the target test.

and how do you defeat the level where you have to defeat both sets of ice climbers at the same time? i need to do that one to open the others after 30 apparently. :flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]i have unlocked young link, now i hafta know: how do you get out of the starting position :mad: (oops :blush: ) in the target test.

and how do you defeat the level where you have to defeat both sets of ice climbers at the same time? i need to do that one to open the others after 30 apparently. :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hehe, if you thought getting out of his little hole was tough, wait till you try to break the middle target. . . that one kept me going for QUITE some time. . I actually got it by accident ^_^ Whoops. . silly me for not even trying that before though (Will post if you ask, but not going to ruin it if you want to try yourself)

LOL, the Iceclimbers event was a pain for a while. Ok, basically, everyone says that Link is the best one (My favorite, only reason I used him) because of his grapple, but to be honest, anyone is fine to use, as I have come back and done this with many people.

The problem lies in the fact that Nana (the pink girl) will keep returning to her brother after she is hit away, and I noticed that she will wait a minute so she can resume jumping in sync with him. I basically just ran up, hit them both, sorta cornered her and tore her a new one, then when she had high enough damage, just smacked both of them off the screen, and since she had higher damage, she died, and he made it back . . . wow. . sorta the crude way to do it, but it worked ^_^

Hope any of this helps, two events away. . simply because I have not had the time. . almost 1,000 multi-player matches though =P[/SIZE][/COLOR]

oh, ok. now to get those pesky little girls :smirk: thanx :D

my bro has flat world, mewtwo and mr g &m, those are just sick, twisted & wrong :flasher2: :rotflmao: i got mewtwo for him, the last vs match was one of the few i actually won :naughty: i have pokefloats (the one stage he doesn't have) that's just sickening, not as bad as the side-scrolling race one tho. it's soooo funny to see me on that level, i keep falling on the track on the right side of the screen and getting left bhind :angry3:

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]LOL, I love the Big Blue board. It is pretty awesome idea to stick in a side scrolling board in a fighter game. I mean, WOW for Nintendo! Mr. Game and Watch board is pretty fun I have to say, though I have not really played too much on it.

Ok, now I have not played the game in some time(as I have been too busy trying to catch up socially with friends, posting on these boards, and working with a side order of sleeping all day), but I was curious if anyone had ALL the levels in SSB:M yet? I have all but two, and while I have not beaten the game fully, I was curious if someone knew where to find the last two.

Ok, first - I have not beaten the Adventure mode with all my characters yet.

Second - I have not beaten ALL of the event modes.

Do beating either of these help me get boards? If so, anyone want to fill me in? ^_^ When I play the game when I have the time, it is mainly only for the multi-player ability, and NOT for me trying to get the rest of the game beaten =P

Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks again guys/gals. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]LOL, I love the Big Blue board. It is pretty awesome idea to stick in a side scrolling board in a fighter game. I mean, WOW for Nintendo! Mr. Game and Watch board is pretty fun I have to say, though I have not really played too much on it.

Ok, now I have not played the game in some time(as I have been too busy trying to catch up socially with friends, posting on these boards, and working with a side order of sleeping all day), but I was curious if anyone had ALL the levels in SSB:M yet? I have all but two, and while I have not beaten the game fully, I was curious if someone knew where to find the last two.

Ok, first - I have not beaten the Adventure mode with all my characters yet.

Second - I have not beaten ALL of the event modes.

Do beating either of these help me get boards? If so, anyone want to fill me in? ^_^ When I play the game when I have the time, it is mainly only for the multi-player ability, and NOT for me trying to get the rest of the game beaten =P

Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks again guys/gals. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I know if you clear all the event modes including event 51 you get the Final Destination stage.*Sigh I still havent beated event 50 yet with the two masterhands, man the left hand is really crazy.*

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i still dont have mewtew... i just plan on playing till i get him. im in no rush to get him thou... i would like to get game and watch man thou! but alas i shall wait and get a few maps first![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I can't seem to unlock mushroom kingdom 2 or super mario bros 2 level.You guys say to beat classic mode with peach on any difficulty without losing a life and then u unlock the level.
But when i do that nothing happens it just says u got the peach trophy can anybody help me with my problem.