darkartic Posted December 15, 2005 Posted December 15, 2005 Why is it that we know the lyrics to songs we hate?
Shi no Tenshi Posted December 15, 2005 Posted December 15, 2005 Cause secretly we love them. Apart from those who live in very secluded areas of the planet, everyone knows the lyrics to Baby One More Time. Besides, it always seems appropriates to start singing that Lady Lump song as a way of breaking the ice on a date.
Guest shadow_yuri Posted December 15, 2005 Posted December 15, 2005 Lol. It really is weird like that. Like, I know tha lyrics to 'Don't Cha', and I hate that song SO much! Or so I think!
The Newfie Posted December 16, 2005 Posted December 16, 2005 [COLOR=SeaGreen]Because if we didn't know the lyrics we wouldn't know why we hate the song...[/COLOR]
Semjaza Posted December 16, 2005 Posted December 16, 2005 [quote name='The Newfie][COLOR=SeaGreen']Because if we didn't know the lyrics we wouldn't know why we hate the song...[/COLOR][/quote] That and most songs people hate are blasted on the radio, MTV and god knows what else so often that it's impossible to not at least know the chorus. I'd severely doubt anyone that hated a song would know the verses to the songs, but choruses are repeated so often in pop that it's just subliminal.
IceRose Posted December 16, 2005 Posted December 16, 2005 The reason why we know the lyrics to the songs we know is because we listen to the over and over again in the radio and unexpectedly our brain's memory catches the words and stores it in our long term memory. :animeswea
2010DigitalBoy Posted December 16, 2005 Posted December 16, 2005 [QUOTE=Shi no Tenshi]Cause secretly we love them. Apart from those who live in very secluded areas of the planet, everyone knows the lyrics to Baby One More Time. [/QUOTE] [COLOR=Purple]I like that song... brings back memories anyway I memorize the lyrics to any song I've heard like 4 times. SometimesI hate them at first like [I]=I'm Not Okay=[/I] by My Chemical Romance and [i]=Ohio Is For Lovers=[/i] by Hawthorne Heights, but like them later. As for a lot of songs like [I]=Anthing by Gwen Stefani=[/I] I [B]just plain hate[/B].[/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now