Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have a question. I'm in highschool, i'm going to college soon. I need letters of recommendation. So i was wondering, do teachers usually send them to the colleges or do the students get them from the teachers and then send them to the college? And is it alright to send them after the application deadline? The application gets in on time, but not the letters of recommendation.
Posted
[size=1]Well, at my highschool, the teachers had to send it out themselves with a seal on them stating that the envelope never touched student hands.
I guess they were afraid we were going to forge them or something.
You best bet would probably be to ask your guidence department.[/size]
Posted
At my highschool you have to ask your teachers (pick the ones you really like or the ones who you think like you) for a recommendation to oa college. I have to send one to a college I applied for and its hard to think of teachers. Basically our school makes the student do everyhting from applications to transcripts :animedepr
Posted
I asked my teachers from my last schools. They usually give them to the guidance counselor and he/she send them to the colleges. Most colleges at least require a recommndation from your English teacher. :catgirl:
Posted
[quote name='IceRose']Most colleges at least require a recommndation from your English teacher. :catgirl:[/quote]
Hm... really? For me, it was coincidental that one of the people I asked was my English teacher. I was always told that it just had to be an academic teacher (well, usually two, but I think that varies more).

~Dagger~
Posted
It doesn't really matter what the teacher teaches as far as that stuff goes. That would matter more for grad school than normal college in most situations. I'd suggest sending them in around the same time because they both involve an attempt to get accepted into that school. It'd not make much sense for the letters to come months later.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...