OtakuBoards

Need help on Manga eyes...

Onazuma

Guest bejita
Here's a pretty useful tip.

If you are right handed, draw the left eye first, it's always easier to draw the next eye better since it's on the right side... well, just try it and see.;)

hmmm, i tend to draw the eyes at more or less the same time.... first the outline.. then the actual eye, and then the eyebrows and eyelids. i beleive that it is best to get in the habbit of drawing ti this way so if you find it neccisary chang your style later it is easier.

Anime eyes.

Always Japanese animation use the eyes as a form of expression. They are always slanted and darkened in color for enimies however is it is a beautiful enemy they tend to be large and light colored. Look a different anime art, take some of the more dark anime like Jun-oh( More realitic anime like drawing). Or look at some of the less dramatic realistic animes. For innocence always large eyes with soft hues seem to work the best. And for shady characters small eyes with dark colors followed by elongated hooked eyebrows.

This is just a thought hope I helped.

Anime eyes can be drawn in many ways.....which way would you prefer? is up to you. Are you trying to replicate a character from an anime or are you creating a whole new character. remember when drawing your expressing your own self in that drawing so there really isnt a wrong way to draw your eyes....uniqueness is whats important.....new techniques and styles are always being accepted and used.