OtakuBoards

Black Cat

Ikillion

Guest alchemist 101
i dont think that it will hit the ground running....but walking is okay for a few month. like love hina hit the ground running hard, and its still running and really tired lol. but ya ive heard of it and think that its preaty good art and story. but as for the fans......give it some time!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well since it seems that theres not alot of people that seem to know about it, here is a breif overview of it for those of you who havent herd of it.

Train Heartnet, an ex-assassin once known as the Black Cat, was once a among the numbers of Chronos. After a terrible incident occured, XIII (Train), left Chronos. Now, together with his partner Sven, Train works as a Sweeper, which is the equivalent of a bounty hunter. While on a mission, Train and Sven come across some information about Trains old partner Creed, and his plans for power.

So far the series has over 150 chapters, and once you dive into it, it is almost impossible to get out of it since it seems to have that kind of pull on people who like the kind of manga that this is.[/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
Has anyone seen or read Black Cat. I read the first volume and I'm wondering if I sould Keep with it?

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Although there is a Black Cat anime, this discussion seems to be about the manga. For that reason, I think this thread would probably be better off in the Manga Workshop.
Also, sliveranglezero, in the future, maybe could expand on your post. For those who haven't read/seen Black Cat, could you describe it? -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
Just wondering about you opinions on the new manga Black Cat, and why!

Personally, I like it!! Alot! But I'd like your opinions! I've seen the Anime in Japanese, but the English manga doesn't follow the plot exactly! Still, it's pretty good!
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][B]Sojiro47[/B],

To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create a new thread but post in the existing manga thread regardless of how old it is. Before you create a new thread it?s a good idea to check the thread directory at the top of the forum or to do a quick forum search as well. Then if you don?t see the manga you wish to discuss you can go ahead and create a new thread.

Also conversation is greatly valued here, especially when it is the opening post of a thread. For example you could have taken the time to explain what Black Cat is about so that other members would have an idea of what you are talking about.

Once you?ve re-read the rules what I have explained will make more sense. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Black Cat has quickly become one of my favorite manga. The art style is great as well as the chacters. The battles are done so well and the dialogue is great. Black Cat is definetly worth a read. As the plot thickens and as the story progresses it gets even better.

Yeah, I think Black Cat rules. Let's hope a certain broadcasting company doesn't aquire the rights to the anime in America. Seriously, though, I don't know much about it since I have a dial-up internet connection and little money. Does anyone know where I can read it online? Edit: Now that I think about it, There's so many guns in this Manga/Anime that 4Kids can't touch it with a 40 foot pole unless they edit everything but Train's milk.

[quote name='Aceburner']Yeah, I think Black Cat rules. Let's hope a certain broadcasting company doesn't aquire the rights to the anime in America. Seriously, though, I don't know much about it since I have a dial-up internet connection and little money. Does anyone know where I can read it online?[/quote]
Not anywhere that doesn't cost money. But I have the first three Manga, so come over any time!

Black Cat is so good! So far I've watched 12 episodes of the anime, and read 3 volumes of the book. I love the art, and its style.

I picked it up kind of randomly at a books shop where they had a 3 for 2 offer, and there wasn't anything else I wanted. I saw the words 'sweepers' and bounty hunters, and decided to give it a go imediatly. It turned out to be so much more!!
I think Eve is a really interesting character, I'd like to see more bcome of her.

I need more, but I have to wait till september, for viz to release the forth volume.

[QUOTE=Kita Erindur]Black Cat is so good! So far I've watched 12 episodes of the anime, and read 3 volumes of the book. I love the art, and its style.

I picked it up kind of randomly at a books shop where they had a 3 for 2 offer, and there wasn't anything else I wanted. I saw the words 'sweepers' and bounty hunters, and decided to give it a go imediatly. It turned out to be so much more!!
I think Eve is a really interesting character, I'd like to see more bcome of her.

I need more, but I have to wait till september, for viz to release the forth volume.[/QUOTE]
There's always the japanese vesion!

Me, I'm a Sven fan! [I]Self styled ladies man!![/I] Oh, yeah! Sven has a past as an [SPOILER]IBI agent[/SPOILER] and that part of the story is awesome! I wish they would hurry up and publish that volume!

[quote name='Sojiro47']There's always the japanese vesion!![/quote]

If only I could read japanese! ... Unfortunetly I can't. :animesigh (Though I can understand quite a bit!)

Sven is a good character, I would like to know more about his past. Its a shame hes used so much as a comic relief in the anime. But he is funny. [SPOILER] Sven in a dress! That episode was halarious. [/SPOILER]

[QUOTE=Kita Erindur]

Sven is a good character, I would like to know more about his past. Its a shame hes used so much as a comic relief in the anime. But he is funny. [SPOILER] Sven in a dress! That episode was halarious. [/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think they could develop more as a character then they let him! But he's good at the comic relief thing! I just wish he could grow more!

Guest sasuke_x_luvr
I love Black Cat! Well what I've read of it anyways... I've only read the first manga and seen the first two episodes but the show is alot different than the manga... Or seems alot different anyways.

• 3 months later...
[COLOR=SlateGray]Black Cat 5 just hit shelves and it was great.Now all of the major villians have been introduced. And i was glad to see Number I of the organzation. Creed and his men kick *** and will make suitable oppents for Train to face off aganist. My only complanit with this issue was there was to much filler with the imposter situation. It was just annoying and didnt really advance the quick devloping plot featured in the issue. So far Black Cat is turning out great.[/COLOR]

• 2 years later...
I've recently started reading Black Cat, and I absolutely love it! The character interaction is hilarious and real, and the plot contains several elements but remains easy to follow. It's a good manga for people who've never read manga before, especially since it's set in modern times. I've never seen the anime, though.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I've seen the first episode of the anime, but I dislike how drastically it strays from the manga.

The manga on the other hand, I'm in love with. I don't know how much I can really say without spoiling, but I love the duo of Sven and Train with a passion. Even if it is that old "serious + comedy" duo, the trust between the two of 'em is the glue.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
I'm new at this,so don't blame me if I go off topic. Anyway I LOVE Black Cat! I have the anime series and the first manga book. I plan to buy the rest when they all come out. I like the storyboard and art. I read the manga online. It is finished but I heard online that Kentaro Yabuki was going to continue the manga. he said it in the last volume. I hope he does!>_

• 1 month later...