OtakuBoards

Drugs

Guest Pixie_rich

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]
Sorry, but I smoke way too much weed to be able to read such copious amounts of detailed scientific information. It must have something to do with the stage I'm at in my brain's development.[/color][/QUOTE]

Cute.
Point is, stop being a square. If people want to do drugs, let them. I know how it is to be constantly probed. My psychology teacher use to suspect that I smoke weed, and even though I did it in my own time and my own space (ie: not in college), she tried to get me done for it in many ways. She tried to search my cigarette boxes for any "spliffs", she tried to get me drug tested, which would have severe consequences if you tested positive, being exclusion and getting a police record. I could understand getting screwed for smoking or being in possession of weed in college, but the way my teacher went on was just ridiculous. So, in other words, I think that people like you should just back off.[/color][/QUOTE]
Okay, your psych teacher had it out for you. But I don't see how that justifies the claim that we should just let people do drugs, because it's "their body" after all. We've already talked about how doing drugs has a negative impact on people around you who care about you; why don't we talk about what really pisses me off about this statement. Want to solve the healthcare crisis in America? Simple. Two things:
-Get some cardiovascular exercise, you don't have to be skinny, just get your heart in shape.
-Stop smoking.
Problem, however unrealistically, solved. The last thing we need is a "it's your body" mentality being applied to any substance anybody wants to claim is "only effecting them", because it's not. 21 year old kids coming into the ED with acute MI's, respiratory failure, and hemmhoragic perfusion is going to be all of our problem- just like any health issue. Our educational system needing to be reworked to accomodate the kids who smoke so chronically that they can't read [i]good[/i], they are too anxious and too nauseous due to the withdrawal symptoms associated with regular marijana use is all of our problem. Get your ego out of your *** and quit pretending that society isn't effected by our individual choices, however private we may think they are.

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth]Our educational system needing to be reworked to accomodate the kids who smoke so chronically that they can't read [i]good[/i'], they are too anxious and too nauseous due to the withdrawal symptoms associated with regular marijana use is all of our problem. Get your ego out of your *** and quit pretending that society isn't effected by our individual choices, however private we may think they are.[/quote]

[color=darkred]Read my post carefully medicine man.

[quote][b]I[/b] smoke weed, but in [b]moderation[/b]. [b]I'm[/b] not a junky, and [b]I[/b] don't rely on the drug at all, simply because [b]I[/b] know when to stop, for [b]I[/b] wouldn't want it to get to that stage... not that [b]I'd[/b] let it.[/quote]

If a random ghetto-going, crack/cocaine/heroine/ junky wants to go and indulge in his fix then I really don't care. It's their life. They want to do it, so let them. You gonna stop them Mother Teresa?

I'm not going to be a junky, and I know when to stop, and I don't care how much of a cliche that is, it's true. However, I don't "smoke so chronically that I can't read good", nor do I "smoke regularly".

If you feel that way then go and spread "truth, justice, and the American way" Superman.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Rannos][COLOR=DarkRed']I'm here to experience life and I think that's gonna be one of the most interesting experiences out there.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Prepare for disappointment.[/color]

[quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']You gonna stop them Mother Teresa?[/color][/quote]

[color=crimson]Hopefully, yes.

There is a difference between letting your bro take a recreational hit sometimes and letting someone slide deeper into a dark abyss of drug abuse. You should not be as apathetic to the latter as they have a legitimate problem that they probably lack the will to solve themselves.

It must be easy to say "let themselves **** up" when it isn't yourself dealing with it.[/color]

[quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']If you feel that way then go and spread "truth, justice, and the American way" Superman.[/color][/quote]

[color=crimson]You bet.[/color]

I'm sorry, I know we all have pretty diverse opinions on the issue, but all this jargon and rhetoric is kind of redundant.
Yes, smoking ANYTHING is bad for you and your lungs.
No, just because I smoke pot doesn't mean I can't read or that I'm an addict.
Yes, I do smoke pot everyday.
No, I do not suffer withdrawl symptoms from going without smoking pot.
Yes, I can smoke pot everyday and still read WELL, in fact, I enjoy reading.

Don't lump pot smokers with the rest of those chemical drug users. Why don't we start talking about something we can all agree on, cokeheads, e-tards, the growing issue of meth, and how these three drugs as well as others are becoming increasingly MORE available than pot.

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]I'm sorry, I know we all have pretty diverse opinions on the issue, but all this jargon and rhetoric is kind of redundant.
Yes, smoking ANYTHING is bad for you and your lungs.
No, just because I smoke pot doesn't mean I can't read or that I'm an addict.
Yes, I do smoke pot everyday.
No, I do not suffer withdrawl symptoms from going without smoking pot.
Yes, I can smoke pot everyday and still read WELL, in fact, I enjoy reading.

Don't lump pot smokers with the rest of those chemical drug users. Why don't we start talking about something we can all agree on, cokeheads, e-tards, the growing issue of meth, and how these three drugs as well as others are becoming increasingly MORE available than pot.[/QUOTE]
[size=1]What I was saying was that, while you don't notice it right now, you will later in your life. If you smoke pot every day (especially during Adolescence), then for sure your brain will not have developed to its full potential.

[quote name='Bombu']No. Square. This statement pisses me off. Some of the replies here have knocked drugs, but have respected the fact that whoever wants to do it, can do it, because it's their life, and that you should be able to do what you want to do... contrary to your beliefs.[/quote]
Every other one of my statements that I'd made basically said that it's your life, do what you will. This one statement was there to say -- It's your life, do what you will, but it's not good for you. I have friends who do pot, but I'm not about to report them to the police, or tell their parents or anything. I just tell them that they shouldn't smoke pot, and I'll be damned if there's something wrong with speaking your mind on the issue.[/size]

I?ll keep this to the point. Corey?s response is really worth checking out, so I?ll try not to be too redundant.
[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]Read my post carefully medicine man.

(I smoke weed, but in moderation. I'm not a junky, and I don't rely on the drug at all, simply because I know when to stop, for I wouldn't want it to get to that stage... not that I'd let it.)

If a random ghetto-going, crack/cocaine/heroine/ junky wants to go and indulge in his fix then I really don't care. It's their life. They want to do it, so let them. You gonna stop them Mother Teresa? [/color][/QUOTE]

I have a ?heroine? addiction.
[img] http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/529/ww10011oc.jpg[/img]

I'm not going to be a junky, and I know when to stop, and I don't care how much of a cliche that is, it's true. However, I don't "smoke so chronically that I can't read good", nor do I "smoke regularly". [/color][/QUOTE]

You don?t seem to grasp the point. Every time you smoke marijuana it carries the risk of damaging effects, and every additional event can exacerbate your condition. If marijuana were permissible (even if it wasn?t legalized and recognized as just an outdated norm) that would mean that more people would have easier access to more of it. That means we?ll be dealing with more, regular users of this drug. (The ?read [i]good[/i]? was a joke, hence the italics, I?m not sure if Bombu got the hint; KatanaViolet surely didn?t).

If you feel that way then go and spread "truth, justice, and the American way" Superman.[/color][/QUOTE]

I love how you have this egocentric idea that your actions effect you and only you. Where did you get your weed? Think that someone making a buck off of selling you the ganja is going to limit his consumer options? Let?s say you grow your own, where?d you first buy those seeds? How about your friends, when they are deciding whether or not it?s a wise decision to smoke and look towards their peers as examples, are they going to be discouraged from harming themselves?

What irks me the most is your ?I don?t give a ****? attitude. That reveals a profound lack of maturity and integrity (although trying to patronize me by calling me ?Superman? and ?Mother [b]Theresa[/b] threw up a few red flags too). I loathe those who in moments of moral conflict choose indifference. Pathetic.

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]
Don't lump pot smokers with the rest of those chemical drug users. Why don't we start talking about something we can all agree on, cokeheads, e-tards, the growing issue of meth, and how these three drugs as well as others are becoming increasingly MORE available than pot.[/QUOTE]
If you read my posts you?ll note that I only speak on the negative health effects of marijuana, I?ve said nothing about any other drug.

[color=darkred]This post was originally intended to "patronise" you further, but I've thought it over and it's not worth the hassle, so I'm editing it. The thing is, I don't have the time to sit and type up these super long posts to dissect and counter each and every point, so I resort to "patronising". Anyway, I'll apologise for my replies, and I'll consider this the end of it, because I know that people are so opinionated around here that it often gets out of hand.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The biggest problem with drugs is that unless it?s a prescription it?s illegal and quite a few of them have very bad side effects. I?ve never understood why someone is willing to do permanent damage to their body when it?s not necessary. It may feel good for a brief while but then when its all said and done you're just left with the damage it did to your body.

Most illegal drugs are illegal for a good reason. Drix D?Zanth explains it really well. You can argue that using stuff like Pot is a personal choice and you would be right if you include the fact that you are choosing to break the law. It?s not the same as choosing to do something that?s legal.

People can argue that they should have the right and that others should leave them alone and back off. But the reality is that it?s still illegal. >_< If we were talking about something like alcohol, which by the way is legal, then unless you plan on driving even I would say you have every right to drink. But illegal drugs, sorry I just don?t agree that it?s okay. [/COLOR]

I think drugs are bad! That includes pot. No I do not beliieve it's a safe drug! It makes you retartded. I have never tried drugs not even pot! I never have never will and I have no desire nor reason to. My brother is a druggie. All his friends are too. They smell of pot like all the time. They think they're so cool! They act like we ( my parents and I) Are the stupid ones really it's fried their brains and they can't tell if they're coming or going. They've also done more worse drugs too, crystal meth, coke,speed.......it's SCARY! I've had friends who've been addicted to drugs, some just smoke pot...LOTS. I don't like it. They also sell it. My brother gets really angry when he's high too....yes even on pot. One night he and my mom had this fight ( like any other) lots of yelling, screaming name calling. I get so pissed off at him...my parents too for letting him get away with his crap. So I got mouthy at him like always. He tried to hit me. I ducked at the last minute thank god. He put a hole right through the wall! I big one! If that was my face.....I know he would have vroken my nose and everything else. He was so high too I could tell. I was so angry and upset! It scares me, I hate him but still worry about him. My friends too. Luclky some of them have stoped all they're drugs but some still do them. Some just started. It's sad. I don't like drugs.

[QUOTE=Drix D'Zanth]I?ll keep this to the point. Corey?s response is really worth checking out, so I?ll try not to be too redundant.

I have a ?heroine? addiction.
[img] http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/529/ww10011oc.jpg[/img]

You don?t seem to grasp the point. Every time you smoke marijuana it carries the risk of damaging effects, and every additional event can exacerbate your condition. If marijuana were permissible (even if it wasn?t legalized and recognized as just an outdated norm) that would mean that more people would have easier access to more of it. That means we?ll be dealing with more, regular users of this drug. (The ?read [i]good[/i]? was a joke, hence the italics, I?m not sure if Bombu got the hint; KatanaViolet surely didn?t).

I love how you have this egocentric idea that your actions effect you and only you. Where did you get your weed? Think that someone making a buck off of selling you the ganja is going to limit his consumer options? Let?s say you grow your own, where?d you first buy those seeds? How about your friends, when they are deciding whether or not it?s a wise decision to smoke and look towards their peers as examples, are they going to be discouraged from harming themselves?

What irks me the most is your ?I don?t give a ****? attitude. That reveals a profound lack of maturity and integrity (although trying to patronize me by calling me ?Superman? and ?Mother [b]Theresa[/b] threw up a few red flags too). I loathe those who in moments of moral conflict choose indifference. Pathetic.

If you read my posts you?ll note that I only speak on the negative health effects of marijuana, I?ve said nothing about any other drug.[/QUOTE]

First of all, that picture was awesome. Very clever!

Second, yea, that one did go over my head, I remember reading it and thinking "I really hope that that was intentional." Sorry if I took that too seriously.
I'm fine with the fact that I could be doing damage to my body. I'm a smoker, and a toker, I don't exercise, and I'm little. That's my lifestyle. Disagree with it if you want, it doesn't bother me. I don't know if that "I don't give a poo" attitude comment was directed to me, and although I'm quite stubborn, I certainly don't lack maturity (for the most part) and integrity...so I'm hoping that wasn't directed to me. Although I guess I am rather indifferent to all the medical information and risks, to be honest I really don't care. I allready know I'm going to get cancer, and as twisted as it may sound, at least I know how I'm going to die, unless fate intervenes. I know it sounds messed up, but that's just the way I perceive it.

I'm not entirely sure what the pros and cons would be of either decriminalizing or completely legalizing marijuana, I do believe that with how common it is, at least in Canada,it would be logical for the government to want to benefit from it, and I'm sure patients who use medicinal marijuana would be able to use without any major judgement. In addition, in my humble opinion, marijuana isn't any more damaging or different than alcohol. Call it an addiction, I call it an enjoyable habit; Different strokes for different folks. [I]However[/I], there is a difference between those that use and those that abuse. And I don't find myself as an abuser, if I was then it would probably disrupt my daily life, which it doesn't at all. I might have a bad memory, but I haven't smoked myself stupid. And I don't do smoke that much to make myself a future female version of Tommy Chong.

But I'm still advocating that we get off the topic of how bad marijuana is for you, and onto the topic of how disgusting other drugs are, then I can agree with you all on something. :animeswea